BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tornedalians

4 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tornedalians Empty Tornedalians

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 16:45

This is set in Medieval times, by the way Smile

Tornedalians

Tornedalians 800px-Flag_of_Tornedalians_%282007%29.svg

Nestled on the border of Sweden and Finland, just next to the Torne Valley, lies a small, sleepy Agricultural town. The town is a tourist hotspot around the summer time, due to the views that can be acquired by the twenty minute treck up the mountain to the top of the valley and the deep lapiz blue river that is the ideal spot for fishing or just relaxing the summer. The temperatures are mild, but too hot nor to cold in the months between May and August and often money is flowing during this short space of time. The winters, on the other hand, are long and unforgiving. Temperatures plummet to below Celsius degrees the majority of the time, ice freezes the river which is the only source of water over and the crops become scarce. Those that aren't lucky enough to have a home normally meet there death if they cant rely on the help of strangers and all money that was gained from the summer normally dries up.  

The accomadation and homes for the most part are either small shelters of houses that are dirty and half falling apart or grand manor houses/castles with their own throne room and mansions depending on if you are higher or upper class. In this small town middle class doesn't exist.

The town itself is deeply religious, also, and has many churches dotted around the place. Those that aren't religious here are odd.

Tornedalians Church_of_Tornio_by_Outhier
More than meets the eye
Though, there is a lot more to this town than it seems. More to it than the rich and the poor. More to it than normal human things. Set up in the town is a growing community of a more supernatural kind of inhabitants. The kind that doesn't age, the kind that burns in sunlight - vampires. These vampires aren't like your typical vampires, which is why they thrive here more than anywhere else in the world.

They burn in the sunlight, so during the joyful summer months they often hide away in the shadows of their homes  - whether these homes be the grand mansions or the less grand shelters. During the winter months, when they can go inside and outside as freely as they like they feast on the multitudes of homeless that the town has, occasionally gaining more expensive taste and feasting on the higher class. If they feed on anything other than human blood, they die, the same result becomes apparent if they go longer than three months without feeding or are stabbed in the heart with anything wooden.

Those these inhabitants are dangerous, they have long and sharp fangs that can break through skin and even bones without worry, they have heightened senses included smell, hearing and taste as well as heightened strength and speed. They are normally, often very good at deception and tricking people into thinking they're human. Though they can't compel, they are often smart with their words so it seems as though they can.

Now..
So, stranger, are you prepared to enter this sleepy little town? To experience the highs and lows as seasons change, to meet some of the people and be witness to some of the extraordinary. Only the bravest and strongest of the world can hack life here...  Though before you enter, and hopefully stay... you best understand some of the town

Rules
First and foremost, no killing is aloud not unless there has been permission from the 'creature' that is in control of the person you wish to kill.
Secondly, bad language is frowned upon. On the occasion it is fine but if every thing that is said out of your mouth is filthy than you will be asked to leave the town.
This is to the 'creatures' that control us, only control your own person, stealing other peoples isn't fair and messes up our town and it's system and ways of working.
Furthermore... Well, I believe it's all common knowledge really, just behave yourselves.
Finally, before entering the town please fill out one of these forms so we can track who is in our town;

Form
Full Name:
Nick Name:
Relationship Status:
Children:
Employment:
Higher or Lower class:
Looks:
Other:

Thank you and I hope to see you soon

Full Name: Dragomir Lucius Dahl
Nick Name: Mir or Drago
Relationship Status: Single
Children:
Employment: Fishermen
Higher or Lower class: Lower
Looks: Tornedalians 2uz4c3c
Other: He is not a part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town

Full Name: Sence Royse Norling
Nick Name: Sen or Royse
Relationship Status: She is currently being courted by Thaddeus
Children:
Employment: Unemployed
Higher or Lower class: Higher
Looks:
Tornedalians 12--sabrina-cichy
Other: She is not a part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town.

Full Name: Vladomir Piers Winter
Nick Name: Vlad
Relationship Status: He is wedded to Rhaenys
Children:
Employment: He breeds horses
Looks:
Tornedalians 337701443_fb6e4f3ab5
Other: He is a part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town.

Full Name: Lilliana Rosanna Coughlan
Nick Name: Princess Lilliana is what she is none as to most, though those close to her know she prefers to be called Lilly or Lillian.
Relationship Status: She is wedded to Lucian, though it is simply out of duty and not due to any attraction. She is truly attracted to Leo.
Children:
Employment: Princess
Higher or Lower class: Higher class
Looks: Tornedalians Portrait-Photography-Sabrina-Cichy-5
Other: She is a part of the supernatural though it isn't the local inhabitants as she is from another land.

Last edited by BestNameEva on Mon 30 Dec - 1:51; edited 13 times in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Tornedalians Empty Re: Tornedalians

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 16:55

((hey best my charries will be here))

Full Name: Charlotte Anne Salvatore-Mikaelson
Nick Name: Charlotte or Ma'am to her father's servants
Relationship Status: Single much to my father's dismay might I add
Children: None, I doubt that it is even possible anyway
Job (If one is given): Not really, my father won't let me
Looks:
Tornedalians Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTvUFFb777QUNTke3dN6rB0QZD6K12LkmR2gtQ8FZ9txSVAfqOaw
Other: She is part of the supernatural beings in this place

Full Name: Joseph Caleb Bennett-Ward
Nick Name: Caleb
Relationship Status: Single thankfully, women only tie you down and add unnecessary mouths to feed
Children: Same with the wives, unnecessary
Job (If one is given): Stable boy at the manor on the hill
Higher or Lower class: I'm a Lord, not really, I'm on the lower side of the spectrum
Looks:
Tornedalians Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM4Rc8vtLGKkFS_2WR7NvfWPGXWKXz7ndxCwzIlUOccS-uaIv8
(Caleb on the left)
Other: I'm part of the supernatural beings in the town

Full Name: Eric Elijah Bennett-Ward
Nickname: Elijah
Relationship Status: Single, but I do have a girl for every day of the week
Children: Maybe, don't really know
Job (If one is given): Woods man
Higher or Lower Class: Lower
Looks:
Tornedalians Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM4Rc8vtLGKkFS_2WR7NvfWPGXWKXz7ndxCwzIlUOccS-uaIv8
(Elijah on the right)
Other: I'm part of the supernatural beings in the town

Full Name: Ariagne Shellerton
Nickname: Ariagne
Relationship Status: In a relationship with Dragomir
Children: None
Job (If one is given): A maid to Charlotte
Higher or Lower Class: Lower
Looks:
Other: I am a human

Last edited by Vampire-Apprentice on Fri 27 Dec - 22:37; edited 2 times in total
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Sat 21 Dec - 16:57

Full Name: Thaddeus Shane Valente 
Nick Name: Thad
Relationship Status: Singleish? I think...um it's complicated? 
Children: No!
Employment: He helped his father run his business which his now his business due to his fathers passing.
Looks:Tornedalians Tumblr_lgz7w8bstN1qzgt4jo1_500
Other: He is a part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town.

Full Name: Kumori Marie Cavacchioli
Nick Name: Marie
Employment: Anything she can do to make a little bit of money to help her family. 
Looks: Tornedalians Jennette-McCurdy-jennette-mccurdy-23291513-333-500
Other: She is not part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town. 

Full Name: Laura Ann Cavacchioli
Nick Name: Laura?
Employment: She helps look after some of the younger children in town from time to time.
Looks: 
Other: She is not part of the supernatural inhabitants of the town. 

Last edited by SpiritWolfe on Thu 16 Jan - 19:18; edited 2 times in total
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 16:58

Full Name: Rhaenys [Rain-eeze] Irina Dayne
Nick Name: Rhaenys
Relationship Status: Married to Vladomir.
Children: Pregnant with her first child
Job (If one is given):
Looks: Tornedalians Emilia-clarke-daenerys-targaryen-game-of-thrones
Other: Vampire

Full Name: Lucian Christopher Dayne
Nick Name: Lucian to all, his sister calls him Luca/s
Relationship Status: Married to Lilliana, for beneficial reasons on both their parts. They are not romantic but very good friends.
Children:[/strike]
Job: Entrepreneur, owns many of the businesses in town with his father
Looks: Tornedalians 257519-actor-alex-pettyfer
Other: Vampire

Full Name: Ashara Summer Karstark
Nick Name: Asha or Asa
[strike]Relationship Status:
Children:

Job: A seamstress, the higher class value her work considerably.
Looks: Tornedalians 004
Other: Human

Full Name: Leonardo Erik Umber
Nick Name: Leo
Relationship Status:
Children: A son with a woman whom has left the country due to the vampires.
Job: The Dayne's groom/stableboy
Looks: Tornedalians Img-thing?
Other: Human

Last edited by Phoenix on Mon 30 Dec - 2:11; edited 4 times in total

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 17:23

(( I'm ready when you three are so just say the word and I'll po- Actually, I'll go ahead and dump the first post in to make it easier Smile ))

It was the beginning of the winter months, and Dragomir was wandering down the edge of the river. His nose wrinkled as he watched the fish in the water. A small fishing spear gripped tightly in his right hand as he looked for the best spot on the river.

"No, I really don't want one of your horses. Though they are fine beasts, I just came into this part of town for bread and things." Sence was telling Vladmir in a quiet, shy voice. Frowning at his tone as he replied with; "A young lady like you needn't walk anywhere, I'll give you a special offer on one of my finest mares and then you needn't walk anywhere again."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 17:28

Charlotte was riding her horse through the forest and she soon came across the river where Dragomir was, and she slid off her horse, patting the dark body as the horse went to drink and she looked at the water.

Elijah was walking through the forest, looking for game to kill for the much higher in power humans of the town, since it was his job he needn't argue.

Caleb was cleaning out the stables, wondering what was taking his brother so long on his hunt for the 'royals'.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 17:36

"You're horse is scary the fish, m'lady, would you care to lead it away from the water please?" Dragomir asked in a gruff voice, obviously only being polite because he saw her clothing and conncted the dots to see she were upper class.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 17:38

"I'm so sorry Sir." She pulled the horse away from the water, before she walked over to the man. "How goes your catch?"

Elijah noticed Charlotte and Dragomir, but he said nothing just walking on back to town with a catch.

Caleb noticed his brother come out of the forest and he walked to him.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 17:41

"Leave the poor girl be Vladomir." Rhaenys told him with a quiet chuckle as she trotted her own piebald mare forward. "It's winter, who's going to spend their last few coins on a horse when they'll have food to buy."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 17:46

"Aye, it's as it ever is when winter starts, crap." He spat, though gave her an apologetic look when he realised what he'd done. "They're scarce, they are, and cause there aren't many it's harder to catch one."

"The creature has enough meat on it to last the entire winter, fees a family of ten she could." Vladomir replied with a chuckle, "She's of fine breeding too, so would taste delightful I imagine. If your diet was of the sort of course." He glanced to Rhaenys at that, as if it were an inside joke.

Sence frowned deeply and shook her head, whispering a soft, "No, no I'm fine. Thank you though."  Quietly she went to leave and flinched when Vladomir grabbed her arm and prompted, "Just take a look, little lady, the mares just in the stables. You won't regret it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 17:51

((Ack, I've only just noticed that the post has cut off one of my characters >.<, I'll add him back on as soon as I can, but for now he's called Leo, he's a human and he's 21, and he's Rhaeny's groom/stablehand))

"Horse meat is too rich for the stomachs of the poor, and most of them don't know how to cook it properly anyway. It's lucky our food comes readily warm, mm?" Rhaneys grinned with a raise of her eyebrows, before sighing when Vladomir continued. "Leave the girl be, there's many just like her that haven't been spotted with you. We wouldn't want anyone to witness you harassing her, mm?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 17:57

(( Okay Smile ))

Vladomir remained as he was for a moment, his eyes narrowed and locked on Sence's neck before with an incoherent mutter he almost threw Sence's wrist back at her and turned on the back of his heal. Hooking his hands behind his own neck and walking into the stables.

Sence winced and backed up a little bit before continuing on her way at a faster pace.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:01

"Watch the horse." Rhaenys told Leo, who'd been stood meekly behind during the exchange. He nodded and helped her down, watching as Rhaenys gathered her dress and headed inside after Vladomir. "You're being too obvious." she told him bluntly. "Far, far too obvious"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 18:05

"Because I am hungry, meek blood from homeless urchins aren't satisfying enough for my taste." Vladomir replied calmly, "And you're aware of that. Not all of us has acquired a walking meal that follows them around everywhere they go like you have Rhaenys.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:08

"I don't feed on Leo, I feed from those willing to, I don't make myself look like I'm about to kidnap a young girl! If you want to go for people a little higher up then do as you like, but not in broad daylight! One has already been burned at the stake this year, do you want to make the second?" Rhaenys sighed, shaking her head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 18:12

"Ah but the danger makes it that much more appealing. The problem with finding willing victims is normally as a part of the deal they request to be kept alive, I may have the control for that but I certainly do not find it as satisfying." Valdomir replied calmly, "It's a lot more entertaining when they fight. All the same, I believe it is my choice how I satisfy my hunger, you have your slightly modern ways and I prefer the old fashion way. I don't openly display my disgust that you let yours keep on living after you feed."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:15

"If we were to kill all our victims the town would be just us as residents. We cannot kill them all!"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 18:16

"May I try?" She asked him, moving to kneel beside him.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 18:23

"We cannot keep them all alive either, if we do that than we will be discovered. Every person you feed off and allow to stay walking is another that risks you - us all. You'll be the next one that's burned against a stake if one is not driven through your heart first Rhaenys."

"It's not really something you can just do, m'lady… it takes years of practice, I don't think it's appropriate. You may get hurt with the instrument that's used to catch them. It's rather sharp."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 18:25

"Oh please." She pouted cutely.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:28

"That sounded like a threat to me," Rhaenys bristled as she glared at him. "It seems we balance eachother out. You kill too many and I kill too little."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 21 Dec - 18:36

"It was not a threat, simply a warning for the future you are setting yourself," Vladomir replied bluntly before smirking slightly and nodding in agreement, "Though yes, I suppose we do. How are you finding your mare? The quality in the breed I had promised you I expect?"

He inspected her for a few moments before sighed and handed her the fishing spear.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Sat 21 Dec - 18:37

"Thank you." She took it from him, making sure that she wore her gloves, and she held it in both hands as she walked slightly further down river, her eyes on the water.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:37

"She beats my brothers gelding, so I'm pleased enough," Rheanys nodded. "However he.... is not." she laughed at that.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 21 Dec - 18:44

((I'm off now, I'll be on around half twelve.))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next