BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great War

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Great War Empty The Great War

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 17:26

Introduction

Dear mother,

The electric has gone down recently, as have the phone lines so it seems we have been plunged back into the dark ages. Ironic really, perhaps a sign of the things to come? I hope not. I hope this letter will suffice, I hope it will arrive and the courier won’t get caught by them before it is delivered.  

We lost Jake today, he went out to collect food from the outskirts of town and never came back. We haven’t been out to check but we have no doubt what we’ll find when we do. They are ruthless here; fueled by some old territory disputed that must of happened back in the middle ages; I suppose we have learnt how long grudges have lasted.  I hope it is not as hostile there as it is here.

I hope you are well.

~ A. D

Plot summary
The year is currently 2021, ten years ago a mighty war began. Two species;   made their identities known to the public as they grew more restless from their lives of secrets. It was not co-ordinated, the two species kept their plans of exposure secret from one another and yet, in some coincidence, the news emerged in the same month, on the same day, at the same time.

Angry that their moment of control had been stolen by the other, fighting began and, as they no longer had to keep their argument on the down low, humans got caught in the cross-fire.  Centuries of rivalry between the two species came to ahead, their issues with one another surfacing and thus creating even more problems and making the situation more volatile until it exploded and became a full on war.

Now, with the humans all but gone completely; innocent casualties to the two. The war has become much more that a moment stolen; it has become a battle for control. A mission to wipe the other out.

But who will succeed? And is there a chance that any humans remain?  

Species information

Harpies; The harpies are motivated by territory; they need space of their own and as the centuries have gone on and the world become more crowded they became more and more confined to remote regions of forests and the very tops of mountains.  Eventually they adapted, the talons that they had they could disguise as feet in order to go into the main towns and the beautiful wings they adorned evolved so they could neatly fold them beneath the skin on their backs; resulting in a constant and sore cut in their back where their wings lay. They have no special abilities other than what one may assume they would have as a species of half human, half bird.  

It was when the Eidolon who forced this uncomfortable change in the Harpies figure. It was they who drove them from their territories and land far more than the humans ever did; so it is they that the Harpies seeked out and began to slaughter. It is why they must win, as soon as the Eidolon’s are no more, the Harpies will no longer fight for their homes; for their land. They will have it all and it will make the constant pain in their backs mean something more positive.

The Great War C6824832

Eidolon;  When humans roamed the earth, the Eidolon’s were spoke about often; there were many words for them. Ghosts, spirits, apparitions.  The closest the humans ever got though were ‘mirror images of the dead or living’. In their very basic form, this makes them shape-shifters, they choose how they look. The only rules are, whatever form they chose, has to have existed at some point. They do not have their own set look, though some choose to only take one form others change from one form to another as they please. They can appear human, or they can appear harpy. This makes them dangerous to the harpies.  

Their motivation to get rid of the harpies is as equally as simple; they have lost many of their communities to Harpies angry about losing land. Whether the Eidolon are responsible for it or not is not known. But, the fact remains the same, the Harpies have shed their blood so they will, in return, shed the harpies.

The Great War DJpBwiGVAAIGpJ5

Character form
Full Name:
Used Name:
Species:
Relationship Status:
Looks:
Other (If relevant):
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

The Great War Empty Re: The Great War

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 17:27

My Characters

Full Name: Sophia Marie Anderson
Used Name: Sophia Anderson
Species: Harpy
Relationship Status: Widowed
Looks:
The Great War Andrea_Navedo_0128_Diana_Ragland.jpg.300x450_q100
Other (If relevant):

Full Name: Elias Stewart
Used Name: Elias Stewart
Relationship Status: Single
Looks:
The Great War Latest?cb=20170626044104
Other (If relevant):

Full Name: Jacob Wilson Moore
Used Name: Jake Moore
Species: Eidolon
Looks:
The Great War 2c63ca0c575abecf75d7f096adefc65b--bitten-tv-show-hot-men
Other (If relevant):
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 18:16

My Characters

Full Name: Rowen Jennifer Storm
Used Name: Rowen
Looks: The Great War 16788463_249866288804597_146384373917155328_n
Other (If relevant):

Full Name: Blake Mikael Jennings
Used Name: Blake
Looks: The Great War Nikolaj-coster-waldau-details-inline
Other (If relevant):

Full Name: Daxton Antonino Jennings
Used Name: Dax, Nio
Relationship Status: N/A
Looks: The Great War Images
Other (If relevant): Blake is his uncle

Last edited by SpiritWolfe on Tue 21 Nov - 11:48; edited 2 times in total
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 18:36

Sophia sat perched on the ledge of a cliff that overlooked the rolling fields and what was left of habitable city a few miles away; her fingers were interwoven with the other, her body language tense as she kept her balance despite the windy gusts that hit her; sending some of the looser feathers in her wings flying up and being carried away from her. With a soft exhale, she looked around, alert; feeling as if she wasn't alone.

---
Elias walked through the abandoned streets of the city, his wings hidden beneath the first layer of skin on his back. His steps were cautious, slow; eyes alert, yet his hands were shoved into the pockets in his jeans. Body language mixed entirely between relaxed and tense, something that had become a permanent state in an attempt to keep up his confident facade.

---
Jake was leant back against the wall in an abandoned wood cabin in the middle of the woods, blood staining his shirt which stemmed from a wound on his stomach that he was covering with his hands; attempting to stop the bleeding. His eyes were closed though, conscious, but only barely.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 19:17

Rowen was stood near the edge of the city her eyes scanning the surrounding area for anything at of the ordinary. Her wings were tucked back to keep the breeze from agitating them.

-----------

Blake slid between two buildings heading down an alley as he searched for Daxton, the younger boy having disappeared from his sight earlier that morning. Muttering under his breath he peered around a doorway first before continuing to walk again.
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 19:23

Elias froze in his tracks when he heard the footsteps near him, backing himself up quickly so his back was up against the wall. Gritting his teeth together as he tried not to make a sound; the pressure of the wall against his wings causing him further pain. Looking towards the near-by alleyway with his peripheral vision.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 19:31

Whether Blake heard him or not was yet to be determined. The "Damnit, Dax, where are you..." he muttered under his breath walking straight passed Elias. He looked behind a large trashbin and even inside of it grumbling when he didn't find what he was looking for.
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 19:34

Elias held his breath when Daxton walked past him, in hopes he wouldn't be detected; slipping into a doorway just out of sight when he could manage it without being seen. Listening to what Daxton was saying; trying to determine if he was alone or not before he striked from behind.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 19:46

Blake spun on his heel instantly having thought he heard something close by. He was instantly on high alert as he looked around once more.
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 19:52

Elias shifted his weight slightly, trying to get rid of what he thought was a brick digging slightly into his back when in reality one of the slits in his back had gotten caught on a nail purposely placed as a trap; and as he moved his weight, it would of ripped his skin causing him to cry out in pain.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 19:55

Full Name: Lucille Eliza Barron
Used Name: Eliza
Looks:
The Great War Eliza11
Other (If relevant):

Full Name: Carter Jamie Barnes
Used Name: Carter
Looks:
The Great War Carter10
Other (If relevant):

Last edited by Vampire-Apprentice on Mon 20 Nov - 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 20:07

Blake narrowed his eyes at Elias when he heard the shout, a smirk playing on his lips. "Looks like you have a little problem there, now don't you?"
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:10

(( Hey Vamp, jump in however you like. At the minute I'm not playing Jake or Sophia, I posted my first post for them a few replies ago Smile ))

---
Elias narrowed his eyes at him, breathing a little heavier than before in an attempt to manage the pain and not show how much it really did hurt. His lip curling up on one side of his face to flash a smirk right back; "As do you my friend, you seem lonely. Missing someone, perhaps?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 20:14

Blake glared at him. "What's it to you?"
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 20:21

((will do))
_______

Carter was walking through the woods, she was being cautious, keeping an eye out on everything and she soon came across Jake. "Hey, do you need help?" She asked him.
_______

Eliza was walking towards the cliffs, she needed something to do, getting more and more restless and not liking what was going on around her.
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:23

"Perhaps I know the whereabouts, perhaps I don't.  Maybe I believe that this whole war is nonsense; not worth all the bloodshed it has called and want to help you or maybe I have taken who you are looking for apart limb by the limb. The point is, you are never going to know if you strike me down right now like I can see you want to and do you really want to risk it if I know where the person you seek is?"

---
"No, no I am peachy." Jake replied groggily; sarcasm dripping in his tone though, despite the amount of blood he was losing he somehow managed to add a playful edge to it. Blinking his eyes open, he attempted to sit himself up; which caused him to cough violently.

---
Sophia glanced down when she heard someone near, watching Eliza.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 20:27

Eliza either ignored her, or didn't notice, it was more likely that she did not notice her, she was looking down over the edge of the cliff not far from her, seemingly interested in what was going on below.
________

Carmen took one look at him and she handed him her jacket to press over the wound. "Here, use it as padding."
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:30

"You're eyes must be better than mine if you can see anything going on beneath, I spot nothing, hear nothing. The silence is peaceful amongst all this havoc, isn't it?" Sophia spoke up after determining this girl wasn't a threat to her. A soft smile forming across her face to not seem intimidating.

---
"Better than my hand," He exclaimed thankfully, taking it from her and pressing it against the wound. Closing his eyes to hide the pain visible in them.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 20:35

She put her hand over his for extra pressure on the wound. "What happened?" She asked.
_____

Eliza looked at her and she smiled. "I wish, I was just wondering what was going on down here." She looked at her. "I'm Eliza by the way."
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Mon 20 Nov - 20:36

"Perhaps I'm not in the mood for mind games and to stand here chit chatting the day away. Either you know whom I need to find or you don't. You tell me where I can find who I seek and I may help you in return."
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:41

Elias threw his head back in genuine laughter at that, "No, no, no. You do not turn this back around on me. I do not need your help; hurry along on your way little vermin. Before I free myself and you end up rotting in a near by field. Tell me, do your kind get cremated or shall I let the worms eat away at you?"

----
"They jumped me," Jake replied quietly, "They had a... a... twig - no, no not a twig, a branch and.. I never knew a branch could go through your stomach, did you know that? Crazy."

----
"Probably havoc, chaos.. The normal of what it has been in the recent years. One day it'll all end, hm? I'm Sofia. I haven't seen your face before, where have you fled from?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 20:45

"It's a bit weird." She told him. "This is getting ridiculous."
_____

"About 3 countries west, what about you?" She asked. "Or have you been here for a while?"
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:49

"North. I lost someone very close to me a month ago so ventured down here after doing what I had to do. This place isn't as bad as where I am from, it's less populated; less dense which means it's easier to find these moments of solitude. I never had that before I was here."

----
"Getting...? Has always been, people are wanting the world to burn down around us. People are wanting to laugh at the end of everything. I- I.. could you. get some string, there'll be some in the city. String, alcohol, a needle... I need to- to close this wound."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampire-Apprentice Mon 20 Nov - 20:55

"Let me help you?" She asked, looking at him, opening her backpack, she pulled out some string and a needle. "I just need to get some alcohol to numb the pain, will you be okay here?"
______

"There was nothing left back where I'm from." She told her. "It's nicer here, back home literally went to hell."
Vampire-Apprentice
Vampire-Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 20 Nov - 20:57

"Have you been into the city yet? I think maybe here seems better than everywhere else because here has already had the worse of it... or... maybe the worse of it is yet to come. It's impossible to tell, hm?"

---
"Yes, yes help... help please. Okay here, yes."

---
(( brb ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down