BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 39 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 21:49

“I also have a lot more hair than Eden so I’m not sure if practicing on me will be the best bet, do as you must.” Thea waved her hand, wrinkling her nose.

“I will only create a fuss if he goes near Karina. I won’t have him upset her.”

“As long as theyve not seasoned everything with blood and other things I’m sure we can stomach it for the night.” Lucian smirked, laughing a little when he saw how excited Conan got.

“Luckily it’s not a long lasting thing, but still a dangerous thing to have in the wrong hands…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 30 Apr - 22:05

"I need you to treat this as you would going into battle, Em. If another General were to confront you. Address the disrespect, yes, but without fuss and discreetly. When I see this Lucian I, too, will give him this warning. If Karina gets upset then Thea will, you will. If you get upset, Karina will, so will Thea and I. It is a spiral. So please; be responsible, as I know you can be - I'll ask the same of him."

"He speaks like he doesn't interact with vampires," Lynette laughed, resting her hand on Lucian's arm and squeezing it gently. "You adored the vampires in Hvitera."

"I have heard stories of the place, it sounds like myth though." Conan mused, taking the entire tray of canapés from the waiter and eating a few in a row before offering it to Lucian. "Say goodbye to your old life, because your taste buds will not know what to do with this."

Devika shook her head, face twitching in disgust as she noticed the touch between Lynette and Lucian. Unable to help herself as she blurted, in a whisper, "I hope she leaves soon. She is insufferable."

"Oh it is wonderful ot be loved by you." Karina laughed, twisting Thea's hair around the brush to help create the effect intended for the up-down do. Reaching across to pick up a pin with sapphire gems encrusted in it in order to keep the hair in place. "Ah, now that is the best I have done it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 22:16

“The people who inhabit that land are built different.” Lucian hummed, gently leaning into Lynette for a brief second. “I swear my little toe on my left foot is still numb from the time we spent there. Yet it is almost as if they no longer feel the cold despite it being enough to freeze the blood from the veins of an animal you’ve hunted there - this one was in her element with all the fur though. Apparently their use of it in their fashion is extra creative or whatever. all I know is I needed at least three coats to even stop shivering.” He grimaced as he took one of the canapés, inspecting before shrugging and throwing the entire thing into his mouth at once.

“Insufferable… or encroaching on your man?” Dagmar teased softly, gently patting Devika’s shoulder. “She doesn’t like being off a boat for too long, don’t worry too much, she’ll be gone soon.”

“I don’t care how your daughter wants her hair she is absolutely not having my jewels to put in it if that was the intention of all this.” Thea laughed when she saw her friend reach for the gems. “You can get her her own!”

“It is not I who started this, but I shall do as I can.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 30 Apr - 22:33

"She will have her own, but I didn't think you would appreciate a.... Ah." Karina grinned as there were three consecutive, gentle knock against the door. Moving away from Thea to let a short woman with gray-ish black hair into the room. "I thought you would never be here."

"Apologies! Things took a little longer than expected." Lèna stressed, hard to see amongst the vast amount of fabric dresses; mostly black - that she was pushing ahead of her. Giving a low curtsy to Thea and whispering; "Applogies for arriving unannounced to you, Your Highness. King Magnus requested utmost secrecy, but he wishes you to choose something to wear of your choosing and to meet him in the hall."

"You're a good friend, Aster." Magnus praised quietly, patting his shoulder. "I will go and tell our guests to come in, if they wish, as long as they find their seats within the hour. You should mingle, with whomever you like - the soldiers, the guests. The night will take its course now."

"My man?" Devika scoffed, pausing to down half a glass of the champagne she swiped from a passing waiter. "Don't be ridiculous, he is a Prince."

"I do notice a considerable amount of our supplies, and a  increased amount of arguments between our tailors happening whenever you visit." Conan mused to Lynette, keeping one eye on Lucian to unspectacular his reaction to the food. "Do you have skills past thieving things?"

"That isn't for you to know." Lynette purred.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 22:37

“He - pick a dress and meet him? For what?” Thea furrowed her brows, moving to stand up and glance over the clothes brought in. “What am I dressing for?”

“And Conan is the King…”

“She’s very good repairing holes and tears in clothes caused by sword fights and other things.” Lucian informed him, teasing Lynette simultaneously. “The food is about the same as what we’ve been served at home, Con, you exaggerate.”

“You’re feeling calm enough for me to leave you?” Emmett chuckled.

Phoenix

BestNameEva likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 30 Apr - 22:50

"You are a Valkyrie, a Warrior. One of the bravest woman to exist, emotionally and otherwise. The Guardian's may have stripped you of it, of your sisterhood but you are still exactly what you are. I see you no differently then the day I first met you, and I know many people who feel the same. You are born to be a Queen, to marry a King. I think Conan is a great leader, I do and I mean no disrespect to his abilities to lead but I believe he is motivated by you and the children. If he didn't have you, have them... we wouldn't be as strong."

"My team might benefit from skills picked up over in the East, if you are staying for any longe-"

"No," Lynette cut him off with laugh, reaching a hand out as she shook her head. "Sorry. This place is not home."

"Think on it. You'll be well looked after." Conan encouraged, grinning at Lucian; "You said it wouldn't like up to it, so you were wrong too, Luca."

"I won't be until I see her, but you can not hold my hand now." Magnus chuckled. "I'll be fine. Enjoy the celebrations, Em."

"I - uh."

"Magnus has organised something special for you," Karina smiled. "You know how he is with parties. You know how sentimental he can be."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 23:05

“Oh you’re in on it; that’s why you’re playing with my hair!” Thea shook her head, trying to hide her small smile. “How am I supposed to dress appropriately if I don’t know what event it is I’m dressing for?”

“You’re kind to say but… very wrong.” Dagmar shook her head, gently patting her arm. “But none of that has a thing to do with the fact that in the end Lucian is just a man really… doesn’t matter he has a title.”

“You never did say how long you were staying, urchin. Maybe we should leave you here if you’re bored of us lot.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 30 Apr - 23:26

"I can't tell you." Karina fussed, getting to her heel and waving Lèna away as she began to push through some of the dresses. "It is formal though, but not so formal that you have to be uncomfortable. You need something that feels like you."

"The title is irrelevant, yes." Devika grimaced. "It is much more to do with... people. I'm not a persons person, not in the way he is. I am a homeboy, he likes to travel. I want a quiet life, he is... a sailor. I have.. men who come from the sea are capable of violence that I have seen, that I remember more and more when I am with him. It is a moral crisis and... and he would never be interested anyway. We do not fit. Not like how everyone o have seen... fits."

"Nor did you. You need to come home, I will be dragging you with me." Lynette laughed.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 23:36

“Karina just tell me, what is it you know? What is happening? Who is going to be looking after my child?” Thea demanded almost petulantly then.

“Lucian is capable of violence, yes. In the way that I am too, you just said.. Valkyrie. My entire being is centred around what violence can do… but being capable of violence and being a violent person are different things. And I don’t think Lucian is a violent man.”

“The castle is home now… for now.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 30 Apr - 23:47

"Home?" Lynette echoed, shaking her head to try and blur her own expression of hurt as she excused herself. "I need to piss." Disappearing into the crowd a moment later.

"Just enjoy the party," Conan encouraged softly, squeezing his cousin's shoulder. "And-"

"Lucian." Magnus interuppted, working through the crowd with ease and offering a hand out for a shake. "Magnus. It's a pleasure to welcome you. May we have a private word?"

"You do not remember." Devika whispered, "Which is fine, I feel no anger for that. I am a blip in the job you and your sisters had. I remember though, every moment of my death and what happened before it. It was caused people similar to those he is, those he calls family. So I struggle, emotionally....and he says things sometimes, that brings it all back. Then we bring clas into it all and... oh it is complex, isn't it?"

"Magnus wants to renew vows." Karina caved, keeping herself busy by looking through the dress options. "I don't know how long he wanted me to keep it quiet today, so - so act surprised when you see him, okay? When I asked him why he said so much had happened, the wars, the loss. He just wanted.. to celebrate getting through it all."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 30 Apr - 23:57

“I’ve heard that tone often from Kings enough to know I’m about to be scolded - but I swear if any silverware has gone missing then Lynette has literally only just gone out of my sight so there’s no way it’s her.” Lucian insisted as he reached out and shook Magnus’ hand.

“Nobody is a blip… but transitioning people from death to their new life… it should hurt but we shoulder it all so that the first foray into something new isn’t traumatic memories. To retain detailed memories of such events… you begin feeling the echos of it all.” Dagmar shook her head. “As for class… again. I am nothing in the grand scheme of what social ranks mean to these people. Maybe I was when I had my title, but now I’m no better than what they call as commoners. Him reminding you of bad times is a legitimate reason to be wary… but don’t let the pomp get in the way of anything.”

“A - we married in secret, alone.” Thea mused as she moved her hands through the dresses, smiling softly. “We got married before anyone could find out and stop us. So at least we could say we did it. Wasn’t the way either of us wanted or dreamed of but… it was necessary. Bittersweet in that we did it but… alone…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 0:10

"I am here, Emmett. Your daughter. Conan, Dagmar.. I mean... everyone. He has invited everyone, Thea. He wants to show you off, show off how strong the two of you are." Karina grinned. "This is how it should have been."

Devika shook her head once more, though didn't vocalise her insecurities any further. Letting her gaze drift over to watch Lucian closely. Swallowing thickly when Conan approached, stepping back to try and disappear in the crowd.

"I hope you've helped yourself to food, Dasha darling." Conan fussed, ducking his head to press his lips to Dagmar's

"Why would I scold you when I do not know you? I have heard plenty though, of you and your crew. I never knew you were related to goody two shoes over there though." Lucian chuckled, gaze flickering to Conan. "Can I take you away to somewhere more private? People are too eager to listen."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 0:18

“Not yet, my appetite still hasn’t returned from the journey, but I’ll eat at some point.” Dagmar assured, kissing Conan back softly.

“Of course, lead the way.” Lucian gestured with a nod. “As long as you don’t plan on stringing me up of course.”

“I’ve never deserved that man…” Thea laughed softly before picking out a blue corseted dress, the sleeves sheer and black, same as the skirt. “As you’ve already chosen blue for the sapphires in my hair… best to match it mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 0:28

"It isn't like you to say no to this food, are you okay?" Conan frowned, ducking his head to touch his forehead to Damgar's in silent affection. "I can find somewhere quiet for you ti sit if you need it."

"I don't know what Conan and Dagmar have told you of me but I would find a much more elaborate way of doing that if it were my intention." Magnus laughed, grabbing a glass to drink as he turned anx headed towards one of the side rooms; a more intimate office style space, oak bookcases lining the walls and a desk in it's centre which creaked as he leant back against it. "I hear you are a man of much... experience."

"'Blue is good luck in love," Karina grinned. "Black matches with anything though, and your husband knows you well enough to know even a vow renewal doesn't break the black only rule."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 0:36

“It’s my colour, I have worn it successfully for years!” Thea grinned, “So for how long have you all been keeping things from me?”

“I feel fine, just not hungry. Don’t fret.” Dagmar assured as she brushed her nose against his. “Nothing to worry about, I assure you.”

“I’m not sure what you’ve heard about me either Sir… that could apply to many things.” Lucian grinned.

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 1:01

"That isn't a conversation to have now," Karina chuckled. "I don't believe your even meant to know right now, remember you still have to act surprised when you see it all."

"I can't wait to dance with you later."

"I've heard many things about you, and your relationship to my friends." Magnus continued, leaning down to pour a drink of whisky - offering him a glass. "I have gotten the jist of how you feel about many of my friends. I also don't have much time so I am going to make this clear; My wife and I have not been allowed to celebrate one another; you will not ruin this. Dagmar is a dear friend, so you will not call her Conan's mistress here - they would be married in moments if they were allowed and words like that upsets them both deeply. Emmett Aster is one of the bravest men I know, I can not depend on many people but I can depend on him so you will not upset him. Karina Aster is the second most important person to keep happy tonight, other than my wife. If she is sad, Thea is sad and I am not standing for it. Am I being clear?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 8:44

“So I was right in that I am being scolded despite your assurances.” Lucian scoffed with raised eyebrows as he took the drink. “With Aster in your head I should’ve expected nothing less. Charming. With what you’ve heard and from what I’ve just gathered in these last thirty seconds I think it’s safe to say we both know each other quite well, no? Don’t panic Your Majesty. Conan keeps me on a tight leash in public, if something goes wrong today it won’t be down to me.” He added, finishing the drink off and placing the glass back on the desk. “If that’s everything…?”

“I think this is the one time where you won’t have to worry about Magnus stealing me away for one too.”

“I don’t deserve that man, I never did.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 10:47

"We are beginning in an hour, so be cautious of the time you spend mingling." Magnus' face pulled up into a cheerful grin, throwing his hand to the side to motion back towards the door. "Enjoy the celebrations, my friend."

"Yes you do, as he deserves you. You compliment each other perfectly." Karina laughed, helping her into the dress that she picked out. "Today is the day to celebrate that."

"I am sure he'll find a way some point in the night to take you off me. There is always some excuse whenever the four of us are in the same place."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 13:21

“He likes a gossip does Magnus, he’ll be wanting to boast about how well he did in pulling this off.” Dagmar laughed, brushing some stray hair behind her ear.

“What dress were you planning on wrangling my daughter in to?” Thea asked, leaning her hand on the side as she was corseted into the dress.

“You’ll not be surprised to know that after war plenty of people flee to the other continents. Sometimes it’s soldiers that abandon their posts. Loot bodies and castles during war and then fuck off to use the riches to start a new life elsewhere.” Lucian started, hand going into his pocket. “Someone did that with this I assume, I was surprised to find it in a Bazaar a few years ago. Seems only right to return it now I’m here.” He added as he pulled out an ornate gold signet ring from his pocket, stamped with Magnus’ family crest. Worn originally by his father though disappeared after his death. “Consider it a wedding day present Your Highness.” He threw the ring under hand toward Magnus so he could catch it, before bowing and leaving the room.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 13:46

"Ah, that dress should be on the rack with yours. I'll find it now." Karina wrinkled her nose in concentration as she tied the corset, brushing her hand across the lace gently to make sure there weren't any frays. Walking to the plethora of dresses, she pulled out a small black dress with a lace top and ribbon around the waist; "Emmett told me Magnus has been stressing more over this dress then your options."

"Oh?" Magnus lifted the ring up to catch the rays of the sun, squinting to try and analyse the details of it. With a slow breath, he placed it in his pocket a moment later and stepped out into the main room. Beelining for Conan and Dagmar when they came into sight; "Hello."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 13:52

“Speak of the devil.” Dagmar chuckled, reaching a hand out to gently pat Magnus’ arm. “I don’t sense any nerves of a man about to get married in a surprise ceremony.”

“You’d all be fucked if I’d decided to wear white or to wear red.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 14:14

"If you ever decide to wear white then I will be sure to rush any funeral arrangements for you." Karina laughed. "Now, I don't know if there is anything else to be done. I'll get your Princess ready, and change into something myself. Then it should be about time. Do you need anything?"

"Lèna went whizzing past with the dresses about forty minutes ago and I haven't seen Thea bulldozing in to scream at me so I think I am past the danger zone now." Magnus chuckled, reaching over to squeeze her arm in return. "I am glad you both managed to make it. It was wonderful to meet your cousin, Conan; he assures me you have him kn a tight leash."

"Absolutely not," Conan chuckled. "I don't think anyone has that ability. There will be no issues though."

"You don't have a drink in your hand." Devika mused, holding a champagne flute out towards Lucian. A small "hmph" escaping her when she got pushed in the hustle and bustle of a noble family trying to make their way through.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 16:33

“I just had one with the King whilst he warned me to be a good little boy and not upset his wife.” Lucian snorted, tipping the glass in thanks toward her.

“He’s usually on his best behaviour in public, it’s in private we worry about.”

“No… no thank you Kari.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 16:46

"Strangers are rare, and two wars in a row have taken their toll on everyone here." She explained quietly. "Karina and I were sent away with the children during the last war, we were supposed to have the King's first daughter with us. The wolves killed the babe though, before we could bring her to safety. King Magnus and Queen Thea suffered more than anyone else, out of all of the allies. That is what I believe at least."

"Wonderful." Karina hummed, coming back from the other room with Thea's daughter in her arms. Moving a free hand to take the dress from her. "I will get her ready, and myself. One of the maids will collect you when it is time."

"He had my father's ring. Claimed to have found it in a market." Magnus whispered. "Can I trust that, or do I have to-"

"No threats." Conan warned lowly. "I won't stand for any threats against him, Magnus, not even from you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 17:33

“Trust it.” Dagmar assured. “He’s well travelled. Mostly the East but he’s been around the entire world. He’s got shit that belonged to Isolde’s family too. He wears that around the Fae when they visit court to rub it in their faces - if he’s given you back something he could’ve used to piss you off it’ll be a sign of good will. He’s not one for war or fighting or arguments. He wants to be as lazy as possible in life and enjoy doing it.” She gently squeezed Magnus’ arm. “He’s like a magpie with all the shiny things he’s collected over the centuries.”

“Mm, I heard about the child dying at birth because the wolves killed the healers and sieged the castle.” Lucian nodded. “If that were the reason for his wariness I wouldn’t care. It’s Karina and Aster in his ear dripping poison. He already dislikes me and he’s only just met me.”

“Thank you Karina… for everything. I’ll be sad when you have to go back.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next