BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Melcron

2 posters

Go down

Welcome to Melcron Empty Welcome to Melcron

Post  BestNameEva Sat 17 Jun - 14:33

"We were never friends, not really." Axel's normally soft features sharpened with the sentence, their lip flickering up into a wicked grin as they clutched the necklace, that beautiful silver chain with the deep jade stone, into the air just as lightning shattered the very foundations of the earth we stood upon and - with it too - the old rickety phone box he was using as a pedestal.

I wish I could tell you what happened next but I... I don't remember." A pause. A break in Nina's story as they leant back - causing the shadows from the campfire flames to grow onto their face, hiding any emotion that may have been felt. "But you should all go, return to your lodges before  we are caught out here. I am sure I don't have to tell you where you'll end up if the warden catch you outside at this time."

The group nodded, and hurriedly grabbed their belongings to scatter away. Nine was right, they all knew that they would end up on the other side of the barrier that protected them from the barren terrain outside it. A land where every bit of life perished, and that was only if they didn't fall victim to the dagger of electric that pierced through the sky and into the earth crust by the minute.

Melcron was hell, but, at least it was liveable.

Twenty years previously...
"Good morning everyone, and welcome to Melcron! Firstly we would like to welcome you all to our brand new state of the art-dystopia. We are delighted that you all survived the treacherous journey here, but with our top-of-the range barrier we can guarantee you safety!" Vanessa, one of the lesser founders and thusfore, one of the leaders of Melcron, spoke pleasantly - a joyous glee radiating throughout the community speakers. Addressing every household, shop and business in the small city. "Now, as we are helping you, we hope that you will also be interested in helping us. It isn't easy keeping a place like this going so there are some rules that you will have to follow if you wish to stay. Firstly, curfews - we all dislike them, and I am aware that the older of us dislike being treated like teenagers but with the outside environment being volatile we need you all back in your homes by nine p.m each night so that we can safely carry out maintenance work on our barrier, secondly all laws that were once in place in our normal lives apply here - no underage drinking, no drugs and no violence being some of the most important. A tax levy will be instated on all of your businesses and incomes, the money will be used to keep you safe!" Her voice turned slightly then, becoming firmer. "You will have GPS trackers installed behind your ear; these are small non-intrusive chips that will allow us, the founders and any authorities that are focused on keeping you safe, to know where you are and if you are keeping to your curfew. Again, this is purely for safety reasons. If any of these rules are broken, or any trouble is caused, you will be dealt with. We must live as a community. Enjoy your time at Melcron; salus tua est nostra utilitas!"

"salus tua est nostra utilitas" the mantra, the phrase of this place which is written on every sign - every tacky t-shirt or hand bag. It is like a pledge of allegiance, something the children must stand up in school and say the beginning of each day. What we must say at the end of every wish or prayer in this place. No one knows what it means... that is kept from us.

----
Plot
Hello everyone! Okay so... how can I explain this more than the little write up?

Melcron is a community that lives within the confines was a dome shaped barrier, it has everything someone would expect in a city - schools, shops, houses, flats, nightclubs. Albeit on a much smaller scale then one would expect of say, a capital city.  Melcron was created as a 'safe haven' from the environment outside of it which can no longer sustain life, and has become almost an electrical wasteland where lightning strikes are frequent and deadly.

Why has the world turned like this? Well, no one knows for sure. Everyone whom was present of when this change happened can not recall all of the details. They remember a jade necklace, that held lightning inside it and a power hungry young man who wished to use it's power to help him rise to power. As gossip goes, every time this half-story has been told over the years it has become more twisted  and more outlandish.

Melcron has very few rules, but it's leader enforce them with an iron fist and do not leave much room for mistakes.
1. Every resident of Melcron must have GPS tracking chip located behind their ear.
2. Every resident must return to their homes by 9pm each night for maintenance of the barrier
3. Every resident with an income must give 50% of their earning in tax to go towards maintenance
4. All laws you would normally expect to see in a society apply.

Those who have broken these laws are often never seen again - they are forced outside of the barrier to perish. People are encouraged to watch their fate.

So how are you going to live out your life; do you abide to the rules or do you seek answers for the cause of all of this?

----
Character forms

Full Name:
Children:
Looks:

---
My characters

Full Name: Keiran Bryne
Relationship Status: Single
Children: Delaney Bryne
Looks: https://pin.it/1Jovoli

Full Name: Delaney Bryne
Children: None
Looks: https://pin.it/7tV59C1

Full Name: Brooklyn Taylor
Looks: https://pin.it/4ItuVbI

Full Name: Lucas Wilson
Looks: https://pin.it/1yfvcw8

Last edited by BestNameEva on Sat 17 Jun - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Melcron Empty Re: Welcome to Melcron

Post  SpiritWolfe Sat 17 Jun - 16:01

MY CHARACTERS

Full Name: Joseph Mitchel
Looks:

Full Name: Isabella Creed
Looks:
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 17 Jun - 20:35

"This is not something for us to talk about here, Laney, dear." Keiran grimaced, pushing a few of the times he was trying to buy towards his daughter who was staring at him with a bored expression. "Come on now, I need to be going. I can not be late for this next meeting."

"You are always rushing off to meetings, so later never comes and this is important." Delaney spoke, the words blunt. Folding her arms across her chest as she refused to make a move to serve her father, only briefly glancing over his shoulder at the other customers.

----
Lucas sat on a set of steps outside gray apartment blocks in the centre of the city, grey bags beneath his eyes from lack of sleep as he soaked up the sun.

---
Brooklyn's attention was pinned purely on the phone in her hands as she waited in line to order a coffee.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiritWolfe Sat 24 Jun - 11:47

Isabelle was on her way home carrying a few bags in her hands, pausing briefly near the front of the apartments to shuffle the bags around in her hands.

---
Joseph was stood in a line two people behind Keiran at the store trying not to look as impatient as he was feeling.
SpiritWolfe
SpiritWolfe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum