BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 21 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Jan - 23:20

“Another link you have lost, to those who have left. I’m so sorry, sapling. So sorry.” Isolde gently squeezed his arm. “I’m sorry.”

“Stupid girl… both of you are stupid for going out.” Lucian shook his head, teeth gritted. “Could have lost you.”

“I am fine, it is not me who needs fussing over now. I can sort myself out later, once I have done all I can.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Jan - 23:31

"There are others perfectly capable of doing those jobs, I ask for half an hour and then you can go and make sure things are up to standard. I need to know you are not going to collapse when the adrenaline crashes."

Kael was silent, pulling off his armour as he stepped into his rooms. Biting his tongue to not groan, blood still actively dripping from the shirt beneath it.

"All will be fine, Farrah will stitch Kenna up and it'll be as if nothing happened." Lynette whispered, glancing around the room for the healer. "Where is she?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Jan - 23:35

“Florence. I understand you care but I think you underestimate me far; far too often.” Wyatt shook his head then, pulling away. “I’m going to make sure the castle is secure. Then I’m going to meet with the Queen and Princes to see what they want to plan going forward. And then maybe there will be time for rest.”

“Aodhän have someone fetch Aoife? We need to get Kael back into shape.” Isolde asked gently, taking Kael’s armour from him and helping him undo straps and the like.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Jan - 23:48

"It is not underestimation, it is fear." Florence whispered the defence, hurt flashing in her eyes when he moved away. Taking her own step backwards, creating more distance so she wouldn't reach for him again.

Aodhän nodded, leaving the room.

"Careful," Kael gritted his teeth, his shirt snagging on the straps and ripping the fabric to reveal a deep blooded cut caused by the blade of a sword beneath it.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Jan - 23:52

“Sorry, sorry.” Isolde swallowed, making her movements more gentle as she stripped him down. “Lay on your bed, or sit at least.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Jan - 23:59

Kael moved slowly, pulling a chair closer with his foot before sitting on it backwards, folding his arms across the back rest and burying his face against them.

"The ancestors certainly have blessed you, allowing you to return home." Aoife spoke as she stepped into the room, placing a bucket down and pulling out an already soaking rag.

Aodhän following in behind, items Aoife had made him carry balancing on his arms, putting pressure on the injured one.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 0:05

“Let me - “ Isolde moved to help with the items Aodhän was carrying in, setting them up around Aoife so she could get to them easier.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 0:24

"Thanks," Aodhän whispered with a breath of relief as the weight was lifted. Grimacing as he took in Kael's back, "Shit, Hawk was meant to be looking after you."

"This happened when we were separated." Kael answered, biting down on his hand to not cry out in pain as Aoife began cleaning him up. "He took so many blows for me." He continued, muffled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 0:27

“He should have stopped this…” Isolde frowned deeply, moving to get in front of Kael, taking his hand gently.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 0:34

"You're being unreasonable. You need to honour him, not be ripping into him." Kael squeezed his mother's hand tightly, screaming when the wound was disinfected. "Shit."

"It is deep." Aoife stated matter-of-factly. "Close to nerves endings, close to the spine. It is a stroke of luck that it wasn't placed half a centre meter up."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 0:37

“It’s okay son, you’re going to be okay.” Isolde soothed gently, moving her hand up to caress his face. “I’m here, and it’s gonna be okay.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 0:52

Aoife leaned across to pull some of her things closer, taking a metallic needle and growing vines through it's eye to create a thread. Placing the needle beneath the skin to stitch the wound together.

"Shit, shit, shit."

"You and the swearing is becoming far too common." Aodhän scoffed. "Did you see either of the Prince's whilst you were out there? I did not."

"Y- yes. Bo- both of them, at the front of their wall, right at th- the end."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 0:55

“I want to shake you for having the nonsensical idea to go out there and put yourself in danger like that.” Isolde shook her head, blinking back tears.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 0:59

"I was making Fiadh proud." He sneered. "Da- dad said it was fine."

"Hawk backed me into a corner. Put the idea in your head without consulting me first."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 1:09

“Fiadh didn’t need you to risk your life to be proud, son. She loved you regardless.” Isolde shook her head with a soft sigh.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 1:18

"Wyatt said...."

"It's done now." Aodhän swallowed. "I am going to check the situation. Once you are seen to, come to the war room and we will have updates from everyone who made it. We can plan." He cast a glance to Isolde, "Is that okay with you?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 1:20

“Of course, I’ll see you soon.” Isolde nodded.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 1:24

Aodhän nodded, pulling the door closed behind himself.

"It sounds calm out there." Kael spoke through gritted teeth. "Maybe they are just here for Indira, if we release her they may leave."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 1:33

“I imagine by the time we get out there to check the castle will be surrounded, my love. They are planning a siege. They aim to starve us out - I am sure a messenger will bring their terms for surrender soon.” Isolde moved to sit down on one of the chairs, pulling it closer to Kael. “Nobody has ever gotten in here. Nobody has ever penetrated the walls. They will know that, and clearly their bombs are not up to the job either… so they’ll cover every exit, prevent us from getting food in, our people from getting out, until we surrender. With all they’ve done… I doubt it is just their sister they want. Their initial plan was me dead. They wouldn’t just take the city then stop short and only ask for their sister back. I imagine they’ll demand me in chains, and my crown on their heads…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 1:39

"As soon as Horvat and Zaretsky catch wind of it, they will stand little chance." Kael mused with a tired confidence. "They may have their witch-enforced weapons but they can not beat two armies worth of fighters. It won't take long, not long at all until this becomes another reason to celebrate."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 1:45

Isolde didn’t counter her son’s words, unwilling to let her negativity dampen the hope he had. Simply nodding once and heading over toward Aoife’s things. Beginning to put together some herbs in a cup before using the jug from the side to add water.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 1:48

"It will take time, to fully assess him." Aoife finally spoke again, placing the needle on the side. "If you have things to do, Your Majesty, I recommend you do them. The Prince and I will be fine getting on with things here."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 1:55

“Give him this when you are done. Rest will be the best thing for him to help heal.” Isolde nodded as she handed over the drink she’d prepared. “And then take rest for yourself too - that is an order. You will be of no use to any injured if you are not rested yourself, Aoife. Once you are done here with Kael you are not to work on another soul for at least eight hours, so you may as well use that time to clean up, have a meal and sleep.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Jan - 1:58

"If we are to be stuck here for so long, then my time to rest will come. Everyone has to be seen to, Your Majesty. It is unfair of me to rest when my girls are still working through, we work together and we rest together."

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Jan - 2:04

“An order, Aoife. You will be needed more and more as the days go on. Take the rest whilst it is being ordered.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next