BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 3 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 19:53

"You think lowly of me," Kael scoffed. "May I be excused now, do we have anything else to discuss? I have plenty to organise, it seems. Are these festivities including a sacrifice, will it be four-legged or two? The Seers will need time to prepare to channel, to choose."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 20:03

“Four…” Isolde replied after consideration, “Ensure invitations are issued across the entire Kingdom too. My cousins in the North have noticed that their invitations have gone… missing a few times now.” She wrinkled her nose. “So unfortunately they cannot go missing again.”

“It is funny that you don a uniform you have not worn in years to die, Blackwood. Where was the conformation and solidarity with the rest of us when you were playing at being the Kings whore?” A dark haired Valkyrie snarled at Dagmar from the side of the throne room, feet away from where Dagmar was held at the shoulders on her knees by another two of her sisters. Of the fifty or so that had arrived, most would not even glance at her, still following the shunning that had been put into place almost two decades earlier - a handful stole glances with contempt, one or two with unreadable expressions.

“It is funnier that I managed to raise my children whilst playing whore, does your son even recognise your face, Asena? Raised by his Warlock father wasn’t he? You considered the job far more important.” Dagmar bit back, snorting as an elbow from her guard hit her jaw in an effort to shut her up.

They had arrived a day before the week they had promised was up, descending on the castle before the crack of dawn as the guard for a dozen or so Guardians. Word had reached them that a Valkyrie had struck a Queen, and for that - they said - the consequences were well known. The castle custodian had raced upstairs to knock Conan and Dagmar out of bed, with Dagmar barely able to get herself dressed and step outside the room to issue orders to the guards that her children be barricaded in their rooms if needs be to prevent them seeing what was to come, before her sisters had arrived to drag her downstairs to the throne room where the Guardians had settled themselves in court. So far no mention of Eden had been made.

“They have their own Seers… it was one of them that informed the Guardians. As far as my visions tell me - nobody here betrayed Dagmar.” Thea informed Magnus as she fell into step beside him, her voice as tired as she looked as they too had been pulled early from bed. “I do not know what the girl saw, but within an hour of her telling them they snapped into action and came here. They have been chomping at the bit to find a reason to punish her for embarrassing them again and again.” She fell silent as she took her husbands hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before turning her gaze to the dais at the front of the room where the Guardians were stood in discussion with one another. “At least with them doing this so early and so quickly there is no crowd… No Prince Lucian either… He has been absent for Karina and won’t even show up for the man he considers a brother as he loses the woman he loves. Pathetic.”

Liara stood at Conans side in silence. Her hair still in a frizzy braid that she had slept in, her dress no more than a slip covered with a coat as she’d had little time to dress. She opened her mouth a few times to speak to her husband but was unable to find the words, swallowing thickly and closing it each time. Nose twitching and eyes watering as she blinked back tears of guilt at the situation.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 20:25

"We shall parade Kael in front of them when they arrive and keep our interaction, minimal." Aodhän assures quietly, before directing toward his son, "Make the intention of the festivities clear. You are the centre of this, deflect from your mother with the appropriate people. Remember these correspondence are all a balancing act."

"They are early, they are early, they are early." Eden rambled, her voice trembling with the repitions as her fingernails dug into her arms, blood pooling beneath them with the force. Her eyes wide, and face pale. Barely reacting to the force in which her mother was pulling her warm brown hair into a neat ponytail just outside of the throne room.

"The Guardian's enjoy the element of surprise." Karina assured with as much warmth as she could muster, stood shoulders straight and firm though her eyes betrayed the false strength.

Conan's shoulders were drooped, gaze low and fixed on the details painted onto one of the floor tiles. His chest moving with uneven breathes, focusing so entirely on keeping his panic from being obvious in his breathing that he was unable to do it for his body - hands shaking, fingers curling to try and steady them.

"This is going to ruin him, the Kingdom is going to crash down as soon as Dagmar takes her last breath." Magnus mumbled, eyes flitting only briefly away from his friend to check Conan. "Whatever is decided,  I hope how they end her is quick."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 20:58

“If Croía shows up I think I may curse the ancestors out for rendering me unable to drink in her presence.” Isolde sighed deeply. “There is a reason I leave them off the guest list, irritating set of - “ Isolde cut herself of as she picked up her cup. “You know how much I adore my extended family.” She added with snark

“We were supposed to have another day.” Ira whispered sadly, taking his sisters hand in his own. “This isn’t fucking fair!” he hissed, shouting the last word at the door, willing himself heard.

“If the Kingdom falls, we do what we can for her children.” Thea rested her head against his arm, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. “I am with you on this… We will keep them safe for her, we will honour your promises.”

“Pull her to her feet.” Came the command from the dais as one of the Guardians broke away from the group talking. Idunn - a small but sturdy dark haired Guardian with deep brown eyes - observed as Dagmar was dragged to her feet, glancing over to Lúthien once it was done.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 21:13

"This is just temporary, my loves." Karina assured softly, letting her hands drop from her daughters hair when she was done. One arm wrapping around Eden's shoulders, the other around Ira's as she coaxed them into the embrace. "You won't have memory of it, but the three of us were seperate from your father's for years. It made it so much happier when we got to be together again. The two of you will make friends, away from each other. Find out who you are, not as a set. It will be good, be healthy."

Eden twisted her body, twisted so she were closer to Ira. Wrapping arms around her brother to hug him tightly.

Conan took in a breath, taking a side step to create further distance between Liara and himself. Physically repulsed when he realised how closely they were stood.

"The children aren't here to watch, that is a grace they have given." Magnus whispered.

"I am going to excuse myself, make a start." Kael chuckled, getting to his feet and grabbing the last berry from the bowl as he turned to leave.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 21:27

“Conan please… I didn’t intend for this to happen.” Liara whispered, her voice shaky as he moved away. “I didn’t… I’m sorry.”

“Hopefully they’re not even awake… hopefully they’re still asleep and Conan will have some time to pull himself together before their world collapses too…”

“They promised me more time with you.” Ira whispered shakily as he squeezed her tight, burying his face in her shoulder. “They promised me another day…”

“I shall check in with you later, son.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 21:43

"Try not to yell at Cass and Sira, if - if you do, if you fight with them then make sure it isn't a long one. Promise me once your all calm you'll hug it out, or - or fly it out or whatever it is you need to do." Eden swallowed, splayed fingers twitching to grab the material of his top. "No repeats of when Andrew Schor told you he didn't want to be friends with you anymore, you can't hide in yourself in that place you'll only let me into because I won't be here and I - I'm scared of you being in that place all alone. Promise me."

Kael waved a goodbye over his shoulder ad he closed the door behind himself.

"That went well, I thought there may have been more bjte back than that." Aodhän mused.

"Dagmar Blackwood." Lúthien stated as she stepped in to stand almost shoulder to shoulder with Iduun had it not been for the height difference of the pair. "We have always been aware that you are a wild card, that you do not act in halves. When Queen Zaretsky deliberated with myself, she showed unashamed confidence which was... refreshing. It is ashame to see that the intelligence we have had since then is true. Abhorrent attacks on royals from one of our Valkyries, exiled or otherwise, is an unacceptable act. One that your sisters..." A sweeping gaze across the room, to the other valkyries, "...could never forgive, even if we ourselves felt soft."

"Do not look at me, you make me want to peel off my skin." Conan snarled the low whisper through gritted teeth.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 22:01

“He gets his cake and to eat it, and he can continue doing so when he returns home. As long as he has a wife and a son by her before anyone else then there is nothing to worry about for him. He gets the adventure, the crown…”

“I cannot promise you anything… you know how I feel about promises I cannot keep and I don’t know - I don’t know how I will be without you. I have never been without you…”

Dagmar lifted her head to look to Lúthien, staring the Guardian down with wordless defiance, setting her jaw as the blonde spoke.

Liara exhaled shakily as she faced the Guardians, listening to Lúthien. Picking at her nails and glancing between Conan and Dagmar before stepping forward. “Apologies, Guardian Lúthien, attacks on a Royal?” She enquired without missing a beat. “Nobody has been attacked since you were last here.”

Thea snapped her head up with a sharp inhale at the brazen lie, glancing up to Magnus to see if he knew she was going to do it.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 22:19

"No complaints of Hawk staying with you either, he barley even acknowledged that part. Maybe he didn't hear." Aodhän chuckled.

"You will be fine, you - you have to be fine because if I think, yet alone see anything else then I will not be able to cope." Eden swallowed, squeezing and stepping back from the hugs. Tears resting upon her cheeks. "Please Ira.... promise you'll still be here if I get to come home."

Karina reached her own hands out, as soon as their hug had ended. Gripping each of their shoulders, quiet for lack of being able to trust her voice not to break. Only gently pushing them towards the doors to encourage them inside.

Magnus reached across, taking Thea's hand by interlocking his fingers with hers. His shoulders tensed, more vigilante than before.

"The evidence is clear upon your face, Zaretsky. We are not here to play games, this is a very rare time where our rules work in your favour. You are not to be bullied by a valkyrie reject, yet alone assaulted and marked. If Conan Zaretsky has encouraged you to be untruthful then we shall deal with him, also. Though, orphaning children is not our intention today."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 22:41

“The marks on my face are from where I fell into a chest of drawers. I am - “ Liara shook her head, glancing around, “I am confused, with respect, because you seem to have the completely wrong notion of what happened.”

“It was seen. Our Seer saw Blackwood viciously attack you and cause you incredible injuries. Do not treat us as fools, Your Highness.” Idunn narrowed her eyes at Liara before moving her scowl to Dagmar.

“What exactly was seen? Because if that is what they saw - then perhaps they were seeing a vision of what could have been, if Lady Blackwood had no control over her temper.”

“Our Seer described an argument between yourself and Blackwood, shouting and insults were hurled from both parties. Then a few moments later you are on the floor, unresponsive and bloodied as she stands over you, royal guards pulling Blackwood away and rushing you to be seen to.” Idunn returned her unimpressed gaze back to Liara. “She attacked you, best you blood and now you are lying to save face. I understand that being treated in such a way has caused you embarrassment but we will not tolerate being lied to directly.”

“So your Seer did not see her hitting me. Because she did not hit me. Or beat me, or whatever kind of word you wish to use. We were arguing - yes. Of course we argue. We love the same man. We were arguing and she went to leave the room - I stepped backwards to allow her the room to do so, and fell into the drawers, and then on to the side table and the decorations before I fell to the floor. She was standing over me to help - the guards simply got the wrong idea when they saw the injuries - just as you did. Your Seer did not see me hit because I was not hit. You are holding Lady Blackwood over a misunderstanding.” Liara looked between both Luthien and Idunn, the rest of the Guardians getting a glance too as she confidently lied through her teeth.

Ira was silent, shaking his head at his sisters request before opening the door and quietly slipping through

“Perhaps he thinks whatever foreign fun he wants to have he cannot have it with Hawk over his shoulder…” Isolde grimaced. “I do not want to know any details of anything you know I would not approve of.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 23:01

"I will be setting Cavanaugh with the task of giving me information he feels I need to know I won't be prying too much into our sons affairs either. He is young and has already proven to us that he is not... shy in finding women who meet his needs."

Eden lifted her hand up to cover her mouth, in case the cry in her throat would erupt out. Eyes bleary with tears as she took in the room, allowing Karina to manovoure her so she was stood with Thea, Ira the other side.

Karina herself stood behind her children, firm hand on their shoulder moving to grip a hand each instead. Taking in the rest of the crowd, a quiet pained whimper at how Dagmar had positioned.

"Is this true, Blackwood?" Lúthien challenged, eyes moving to Dagmar. "You are aware of the price for lying. We wouldn't want your family implemented in any of this, would we?"

Conan remained frozen in place, staring between Dagmar and Liara. Closing his mouth when he realised it was agape.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 23:18

“We argued, yes.” Dagmar swallowed thickly, trying not to let her voice shake.

“That is not what you are being asked, Blackwood and you know it. Answer the damned question with the truth or so help me I’ll have you tortured before we take your head!” Idunn snapped, patience fraying.

“I didn’t hit her.” Dagmar whispered, glancing to the floor then, trying to steady herself. Taking a deep breath as she looked up at the Guardians. “Queen Liara is telling the truth… If you are holding me over hurting her then this is a misunderstanding. I thought you were coming to pass late judgment on what happened all those years ago.”

“Oh you’ll be receiving judgment for that, Blackwood. You were always going to be punished for that. We just did not know how to properly punish you for it since nobody has been stupid enough in centuries to do what you did. And you were even more of an imbecile by choosing to have a child, children.” Idunn sneered before glancing to Lúthien and walking toward the back of the dais for further discussion.

“We are truly blessed that he has not made himself a father yet.” Isolde mused, “Exceptionally lucky that he is handsome enough to get away with the womanising because the women he entertains himself with feel honoured rather than abandoned.” She added with a snort.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 16 Apr - 23:30

"What are you doing? You are going to make it worse. Getting her killed is enough, you want her to be made to beg for it as a mercy aswell?" Conan hissed through gritted teeth when Lúthien had moved to back of the dias after Idunn. "Igniting all of that to happen to her, you want to deprive your family of you too? They don't take well to the games you are playing, Liara."

Magnus stepped forward, only a few steps tentative across the room towards Dagmar, stopping in his approach when he felt the eyes of the other Valkyries in the room move to him. Throat bobbing with a gulp.

"We have done an impeccable job of forging his story, building him up. So many things were unplanned too, we have been... lucky."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 16 Apr - 23:52

“She has stated in front of witnesses that she was not attacked. And Kamari did not see Blackwood attack the Queen, she did not see any actual blows. We know she’s lying out of her arse but what else can we do?!” Idunn seethed, gritting her teeth. “We cannot call her a liar when we have no actual proof we - we cannot execute Blackwood for this. Not without causing a riot.”

Dagmar glanced over at Magnus when she saw the movement from the corner of her eye, giving him a sad smile before her head was moved forward again with a grunt.

“Oh shut up Conan. I get it, you hate me. There’s only so many fucking ways you can say it. I am trying to fix the problem that I caused. I am making it so they can’t kill her for my mistake. I am trying to fix the problem I caused. If I die as well then so be it. You could not give any less of a shit and my brother will get over it, he has enough daughters to match make with now and bargain back whatever power he loses if I go.” Liara snapped, swallowing as she tried to keep her voice steady, stepping forward a little further so Conan couldn’t see her face as she moved to wipe her eyes. “I am fucking sorry. And I am trying to fix it.”

“He did the hard part… living up to it all.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 0:06

"We have no choice but to follow our original plan, throw her back into the fray with her sisters who despise her with strict instruction to stay away from the Zaretsky's. She will fail, she will crumble and end up here and when she does then we will do what we came here to do." Lúthien answered tightly, grinding her teeth.

"I am too exhausted to talk about you." Conan retorted, raking fingers through disheveled hair to try and flatten it. "Don't swear at me when I do not know the fate of my children's mother, when I don't know what news I will be delivering to them. It is not just me you have to fucking grovel to."

"He isn't here." Karina whispered to Thea, after her etes had studied each face in the room and did not find Lucian. Stoic, numb.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 17 Apr - 0:19

“I am done grovelling. I am done with you pretending as if you need a Sainthood because you have never made a mistake in your life. I can do no more. I won’t do any more. If I do not die here for what I have done then I am getting the next ship to Kisar and you can find yourself another wife. I would rather take the shame of that than stay here.” Liara retorted, turning briefly to shake her head at him.

“I do not know why you expected him to be.” Thea answered truthfully, squeezing her husbands hands as she watched his gaze.

“You would risk her passion for dissent and breaking the rules spreading among the rest of them? It catches, this defiance. Before we know it whatever flock we put her with will topple like dominos. What of imprisoning her rather than sending her back to corrupt her sisters?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 0:35

"I will make sure the staff deal with the paperwork as soon as this has ended." Conan retorted icily, gaze quickly returning to the tiled floor. Barely going higher than anyones waist for long.

"I expected him to be here for him." Karina swallowed, casting a glance across the room to watch Conan and Liara. "I imagine this is as broken as both of Conan and Lucian looked, after their family were overthrown. At least niether of them had an audience then."

"Their allegiance is too strong." Lúthien assured. "Look at how her sisters gawk at her. She will not cause any kind of uprising. It will be impossible."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 17 Apr - 0:45

“Of course you will, because you’re incapable of doing anything yourself.”

“The authority is yours… I have given my opinion. I believe Blackwood shall cause rot and corruption within a flock. But if you believe recalling her to us for her crime then I shall stand by your choice.” Idunn nodded, bowing her head in acceptance. “I only pray I am wrong in my opinion.” She whispered before moving to stand at the front of the dais again, waiting for Luthien to join her.

“When the King falls there is only so much I can do to protect you… I am sorry if it won’t be enough.” Thea turned her head to face Karina then, giving her a mournful look. “I can only imagine you have seen what I have. That the death of their marriage causes civil war… We will take Ira with us, and I can promise to keep him…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 1:06

"He won't go," Karina whispered sullenly, voice dropped so her children couldn't hear. "We will all meet our end here. Eden too whereever she may be, as soon as she hears of it. Three years, at most, until we join Emmett. Try... try for Ira but do not waste a moment on me, and do not blame yourself when my son refuses. I have not seen much good, I have not seen anything of my children's futures. Nor mine."  

"I will be with Aesira and Cassius, you and the rest of this kingdom can go and fuck themselves." Conan swallowed as his voice broke, tears finally beginning to soak his cheeks.

Lúthien followed a step behind her colleague, not waiting until she had even taken full place before speaking. "Dagmar Blackwood, under the light of this.... report your future has taken a difference course. You are to go through re-eduction, join the newest flock and follow their journey. You will serve to them as an example to how far a individual will fall if they step out of line. You are to have no interaction with the Zaretsky's, if we hear or our Seers see the possibility of this then you will be removed from this plain. Indefinitely."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 1:38

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 17 Apr - 7:36

Liara shook her head in disgust at Conan as she turned to listen to Luthien speak, not daring to look relieved before she herself spoke and asked; “You - you are not punishing Lady Blackwood for assaulting me, you are not executing her?”

“You plead that no assault has happened. We are taking you at your word Queen Liara. We trust that you would not be so stupid as to lie to us on a matter so serious as this. So no, there shall be no execution. Blackwood was always going to be punished for her indiscretions with a royal, we agreed as such many years ago - so no amount of talking from you or anyone on her behalf will change that part of our judgment.”

There was a small motion as Dagmar’s guards pulled at her, stopping her from sinking to the floor as her knees gave out with relief as she dared do look over to Conan properly for the first time, before looking over to Magnus too.

“Thank you, for listening and understanding me, I am grateful that nobody dies here today.” Liara bowed her head, “If you would all forgive me, the fall I took has left some lasting damage as you can all see, and as a headache sets in I require a dark room and silence.” She said quietly, not even glancing back as she excused herself and turned from the room.

“Oh this is good news, excellent news.” Thea whispered softly, gently patting Magnus’ arm. “It’s okay. She’s going to be okay.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 9:59

Magnus offered a triumphant smile when Dagmar caught his gaze, sagging with relief.

Conan stepped towards her with an exhausted expression. Stopping in his tracks when Lúthien raised a flat faced palm towards him, the command a silent one.

"Lady Blackwood is to vacate the premises immediately." Lúthien continued, "All of your clothing will be provided new so there is no need to waste any time. The conditions are all set into place now also, no speaking to any member of the Zaretsky family or else you will meet your end." Her gaze scanned the room, settling then upon Eden, "You were granted more grace than most, Eden Aster. It is time for you to vacate, also. One of our valkyries will show you where to go."

Karina tensed, wrapping her arms around Ira's shoulders rather than Eden's. Keeping him in place.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 17 Apr - 10:09

“You do not share that name, go say goodbye.” Thea encouraged her husband as she let go of his hand to allow him to move.

Ira stepped forward as he was grasped, struggling against his mother to free himself as he spat at Luthien; “You can go to hell! You are not taking my sister you foul - “

“Mind your tongue, boy. That is the last outburst we shall allow. Karina, rein in your son before we take a deeper look into the marriage of a Prince and a Seer. That marriage was allowed with the understanding that the King would have a legitimate heir soon enough so that your husband wouldn’t be the only one in line. He has failed and is continuing to do so. So again. Control your son before we reevaluate that situation.” Idunn warned lowly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 17 Apr - 10:19

"He is young, and the two of them have never been apart before." Karina explained, almost desperately. Taking half a step forward to try and obstruct the Guardian's view of him, directing quietly, gently, "Ira. Tread lightly."

Magnus crossed the room, barely giving the guards time to let Dagmar go and he crushed her to his chest. Arms locked around her tightly, "Keep your head low valkyrie, impress, work your way back up until you can start making visits again. We'll all be waiting for you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 17 Apr - 10:37

“You promised me you would keep my children safe if their father could not…I’m trusting you.” Dagmar almost sobbed into his chest as she leaned into his embrace.

“You were clearly lax in raising both of them. Send Eden up.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next