BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 32 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Wed 8 May - 21:35

“Perhaps as a new father, Kael needs his own right now.”

“And Selene… she was an outlier, as your girl?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 8 May - 21:41

"Sorry, sorry." Kael whispered as he stepped into his and Daphne's rooms. Cradling Idirs in one of his arms, gushing the boy as he began to whimper, stirred from his sleep.

"I - No.." Aodhän shook his head in disagreement. "I wouldn't have the right words to say. I am not very good at all of that, with him."

"Selene was my second choice. I wanted to call her Riya. She would have fit between Arnav and Rakesh Well, Rakesh wouldn't have been Rakesh then but... he didn't like that. Letting her into the boys pattern."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 8 May - 21:47

“I think Selene is beautiful, it fits she does not fit - she was your daughter… entirely yours.”

“I was just about to send a messenger, to see how things were progressing.” Daphne smiled as she got up from the couch, crossing the room to greet him. “They are here? That’s wonderful, wonderful. Congratulations.”

“You wish to make the arrangements for Hawk’s rescue then?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 8 May - 22:54

"They - um.. Idris is here. This is - meet Idris." Kael's voice was hoarse, scratchy at it's normal volume level. Offering the baby to Daphne gently, "He is.. a bit shell shocked. Indira can't feed him, won't be able to for weeks. She is poorly so, he won't get the kind of closeness with her that he wants."

"My nephew will have someone there to look after him, when his soul is released." Avani smiled ruefully. "I think she will do that job very well."

Aodhän nodded. "Kael will need you much more than me, unless.. if it brings back to much for you, Sol. I can stammer through it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 8 May - 23:13

“Oh,” Daphne hummed in surprise as she was handed the baby, expertly taking him into her arms and brushing her hand over his head, easing back down into her seat. “I’m sorry Indira is unwell - it happens sometimes. My mother had a few labours that left her bed bound and unable to feed. She always recovered in time. I’m sure you’ve organised the best care for her…” she added, glancing up at Kael. Taking in his face as her own smile dropped. “Kael… Kael what is it?”

“I’m sure he will.” Ruairi nodded, moving a hand to gently brush against her face. “Does Kael have both of them?”

“I - I think I should be okay. I will try, for Kael. I need to try.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 8 May - 23:26

Kael shook his head, taking Idirs' hand as he sat down beside Daphne. Staring as tiny palms closed around his little finger, "The other baby, he.. he didn't make it."

"If it becomes too much, send for me."

"I don't know, I didn't see either when he peered through to check on her. I was more focused on Indira."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 8 May - 23:37

“Oh Kael. I’m so - “ Daphne shook her head, aware no apology would help. Shifting the baby into one arm as she wrapped the free one around her husband. “I cannot imagine how you are feeling. But if you need to express it I am here.”

“If I reach for a third bottle of wine by noon then I shall have you informed.” Isolde laughed weekly, shaking her head. Resting her hand against her chest and coughing to clear as she felt her throat get tight. “Keep in communication, regarding Hawk?”

“I’m sure he’ll have them both. They will not be left alone, he will know your sister would not want that.” Ruairi assured, brushing some hair from her face.

Indira let out a low groan as she returned to a state of consciousness. Her eyes squeezing with pain as her hand went to her face to bite down on her hand with a cry.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 8 May - 23:45

"It was the wasting. He was entirely wooden, still curled up... I - They are assuring me that it isn't buy I know it is because of me, because I suffered with it and it has permanently marked me. Is a part of me. I am not stupid." Kael allowed some of his weight to press into her, gaze fixed on the baby. "Indira will not want him buried, but if he isn't buried then he can't join my ancestors. None of them will be able to care for him..m Indira's family are awful, I don't want him in their care, even in spirit. But - I couldn't deny her either. I just don't know..."

Avani offered an apologetic glance as she peeled herself away from him. Settling to sit on the bed beside Indira, coaxing her hand from her mouth and squeezing her hand tightly.

"I won't make any final decisions before discussing with you. It is just information gathering today."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 0:00

“The solution is to bury the ashes, you free the spirit which is what Indira’s beliefs are, but return the essence of the body to the ground for your ancestors to claim and make part of the world, as is your belief.” Daphne replied easily, pressing her forehead to his cheek for a brief second before moving to rest her head against his arm. “As for the disease being passed on through you… I do not believe such, from what you have told me. This disease is… not catchable. It is spiritual, not genetic. But even if you did pass it along - there is always risk, Kael. In passing down things to children we do not want them to have. Allergies, weakness of the heart, predilections to the mind not being quite right, cancers. They are passed as easily as the shape of noses and the colour of skin. You would not blame yourself for his green eyes if his mother wanted brown would you? Because you cannot help how the two of you halved made him whole… Your son passing is terrible… but it is nobody’s fault.”

“I will return later, Princess.” Ruairi called through gently, getting up and giving the sisters their privacy as he left the room.

“Avani…” Indira groaned, gripping her hand with one of her own, the other reaching to her stomach. “Where are they? My sons? Where are they?”

Isolde nodded, taking his hand for a gentle squeeze before leaving the room.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 0:11

"That - Oh that is such a simple solution." Kael laughed humourlessly, closing his eyes as he rested his head on top of hers. "I should have thought of that one, it shouldn't have been - there shouldn't have even been any kind of worry."

"Kael is with them. Kael is..." Avani brought Indira's hand up to kiss the back of her hand gently. "Indie. You - you need to listen to me, you must focus to what I am about to tell you. It's very important, and it won't be easy to hear."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 0:21

“They are - “ Indira sighed in relief, even as her face contorted with pain, moving to try sit herself up. “Kael! Bring them here!” She called, assuming he was in the other room; having heard Ruairis male voice earlier and drawn conclusions. “Avani, help him bring them to me. I must see them.”

“You have lost your son, and by the sounds of it you have almost lost his mother too. I do not expect him to be thinking clearly… Nobody does Kael. You are allowed to not be on point in a time such as this.” Daphne reasoned, moving her smallest knuckle to the baby’s mouth as he began to whimper, soothing him instantly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 0:35

"H - How.. why did that work? What did you do?"

"He isn't out there. Indira, listen to me. Look at me." Avani's words became firmer, though her touch and face remained soft. Lifting a hand up to smooth her sisters hair down gently.

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 0:40

“They do not nurse just for food, but for comfort too. It gives him something to nurse on.” Daphne laughed softly, moving the free finger on her hand to gently smooth down the spot between the infants eyebrows to soothe him.

“Ni, please just let me see my children. Why are you keeping them from me.” Indira whined as she looked at her, tears spilling from bleary eyes as her jaw trembled with the effort to not cry. “I just wish to see them - is he keeping them from me?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 9:06

"I can ask them to fetch Idris for you, certainly. I'll ask one of the acolytes that have been left here but th- the other child, Indie. He is... your didn't feel right for a reason, mm? He was poorly. He died, before- before you even birthed him." She gently pulled her into her, resting her head against hers to whisper in her ear. "I am so sorry."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Thu 9 May - 9:37; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 9:33

Indira stilled at the words, moving a hand to her chest and pressing to help with the physical pains they caused her as she squeezed her eyes tightly shut. “I would like to see my second born. I have not held him in my arms. I am his mother still, e-even if I do not get to mother him.” She whispered thickly, her even tone unable to hide the agony behind her words.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 9:47

""He was unwell with the wasting," Indira warned quietly. "Like Prince Kael's arm, that is.. that is the entirety of him. That is, that is also why you are hurting so much, physically."

"Oh, oh..." Kael whispered. "He's perfect, mm? I can't wrap my head around it. I don't feel prepared."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 9:59

“He looks like you, of course he is perfect.” Daphne grinned. “You have an army of people to care for him, do not fret. There won’t be a moment he isn’t being fussed over by someone.”

Indira nodded at the warning, though a little more insistently requested again; “I’d like to see my son, please, Ni. He is my life boy… he needs me still, more so than his brother…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 10:21

"I'll get them to fetch him, just... be patient." Avani mumbled, slipping from the bed and stepping out of the room. Returning, several minutes later, with the sapling wrapped in a blanket. Lowering herself down to sit beside Indira as she passed him across.

"I know, I know."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 10:27

“You look exhausted, my love. You should go get some rest, or at the very least have some tea and food brought up to you.”

“Hello…” Indira greeted as she took her son into her arms, voice shaking with the effort it took to not scream. Her chest tight as she brought him close to her. “Hello my boy… I’m your mama, I am sorry we did not get to meet earlier, you caused quite the stir mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 10:50

"He has mothers nose," Avani mused softly, wrapping an arm around her sisters shoulders to bring her against her side.

"There is too much to organise. I need to speak to my mother about... burning and burial. Spend time with Idris. Check in on Indira again."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 10:54

“As your wife it is my duty to care for you.” Daphne reminded him, slipping the baby back into his arms and kissing the top of his head. “You may spend time with Idris whilst I go organise some food for you. When you have eaten then you can check in on Indira again. And then we will have a look at funeral arrangements - hopefully Indira will be well enough to discuss them with you.”

“He does,” Indira nodded, leaning heavily into her sister. Moving her hands across the top of the child’s head, “He would have had as much hair as Idris too… I can see it there… your boys were the same weren’t they?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 11:05

"They were. Selene didn't have any though," Avani chuckled quietly, leaning her head against hers. "I think the boys in our family are just hairy things."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 11:16

“I wonder who’s eyes he would have had… if he had ever gotten to open them.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 11:27

Avani swallowed, turning her head to press her lips to the side of her head. "I am not leaving you, not for a long while, okay? If Rajiv has a problem with it then he can come and collect me himself."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 11:38

“But - but your own sons. You will need them. I do not want you missing out on their lives because you have to take care of me.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next