BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 34 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 17:33

“Thank you…” Indira murmured, once again drifting off.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 17:37

(( When do you want to skip to? A few hours - they can have the burying/burning debate? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 17:40

((Sure))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 17:44

(( Do you want to post first? I am trying to get through the last two hours of work before forever freedom from this place. ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 17:52

“Prince Kael? I’ve just come from Indira’s room. She is awake, and lucid enough to want to spend time with her son.” Lily dipped her head in respect as she walked into the room after being invited in. “She is in pain though, so I don’t want to make her wait too much time before I prepare more medication for her which will send her off to sleep again.

“I may be half mad with pain and exhaustion but I have caught you watching the door the entire time you have been in here.” Indira murmured with as much humour as she could muster, sat up in bed as she watched her sister. “You are hoping your guard comes in, aren’t you?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 9 May - 18:10

Avani laughed quietly, shaking her head as she looked at Indira using the reflection in the mirror. Sat in front of the dresser as she ran a brush through her hair. Playing dumb with a soft, "Why would I be hoping for anything like that?"

"I will be right there with him, I would like to see her whilst she is awake too." Kael whispered, looking over his shoulder from where he sat watching a sleeping Idris. "Thank you,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 9 May - 18:23

“Very well, Your Grace.” Lily gave a brief nod before heading out once more.

“Because you were talking of enjoying yourself and all this country has to offer and I believe he is what you wish to enjoy at this moment.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 20:48

"Daphne, I won't be long." Kael called quietly towards the other room, rising to his feet as he bundled the baby into his arms. Heading out before waiting for a response.

"I have already enjoyed him." Avani chuckled. "He is good enough for a second helping though, yes."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 22:27

“Be careful.” Indira reiterated her previous sentiments, raising an eyebrow.

“Prince Kael said he would bring the child,” Lily relayed as she walked into the quarters, heading into the bedroom. “He and Princess Daphne have had the - “

“Of course… of course she seeks to replace me. She will have been oh so helpful, sinking her claws into my child whilst - “ Indira shook her head, “I am not taking anything until I see him, I know why you are hovering.”

“You are losing colour again, from the pain. If you go in to shock and I cannot bring you back out of it then you know how this ends. You should be resting.” Lily sighed deeply, turning to Avani. “Make sure she takes her medicine within the hour, if she does not then I Clear myself of all responsibility for what may happen to her.” she warned before leaving the room.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 22:40

"Half an hour, then you need to take it," Avani tried to compromise gently, getting from her seat and crossing so she could sit on the bed beside her. "You don't have to worry about me."

"Indira?" Kael stepped inside with a light graze of his knuckles against the door in announcement. Idris balanced in his arms. Speaking in Baldruunian, "Are you okay? I haven't been able to stay still. I - Oh it is a relief to see you awake."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 22:44

“Mm, I’m sure.” Indira held her arms out weakly for her son when she saw him, leaning forward - a sign she would have jumped up from the bed to take him if she could. “Idris, please - “

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 22:53

Kael deflated at the response, switching back to his own language as he approached her and gently passed the baby over. "How are you feeling? Shall I get you anything?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 22:57

“How Im feeling does not matter, and if I dare say then either my sister or the healer will shove drugs down my throat before I can say another word. And I won’t have that, not yet.” Indira shook her head, pressing her lips to the top of her son’s head, closing her eyes. “I am so sorry, so sorry that I have failed you already…” she whispered shakily.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 23:01

"How have you failed him? Don't say ridiculous things like that." Kael mumbled, casting a glance to Avani.

"Half an hour, Indira, then I'll be back so you take the medicine." Avani mumbled in their native language, getting to her feet and excusing herself from the room.

"How your feeling matters." Kael whispered.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 23:09

“How have I failed him? I am his mother and I have done no mothering. He is a twin who will go through his life without the other half of him because I could not…” Indira shook her head, brushing her finger across Idris’ face gently. “The healer is saying I will not be able to look after him for weeks, maybe even months. Telling Avani I cannot be alone with him, just in case I lose grip or cannot cope… it is my job to take care of him and I can’t do it. I feel like a useless mother. Completely useless.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 23:19

"I believe his twin died because of me, because of..." Kael took in a trembling breath, slowly making his way to perch on the edge of the bed beside her, "...my arm. I have been reassured it isn't the case, and I know you will want to say the same. So shall we make a promise to one another to not blame ourselves, even though we want to?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 23:30

“It is not your body that failed them… It is mine.” Indira shook her head, swallowing thickly as she brought her son to rest against her chest, arms too tired to hold him in them as she placed a hand on his back. “I do not blame you.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 23:38

"And I do not blame you, I am... immensely proud of you. I - I am so glad we didn't lose you too, Idris and I. We wouldn't have known what to do." Kael whispered, resting his hand over hers so he could have the contact with their son too. "You didn't fail, Indiraa, and you won't. You and I will do this, together.. with help when we need it but, together."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 23:43

“Lily said you had spent the day together, with your wife…” Indira whispered, coughing to stop her voice breaking. “Am I not just a spare part in your marriage now? Less than a week in and you have a child and his infirm mother to deal with. It would be easy to discard me, to raise him with her instead… He already knows her better than me, and it’ll continue to be the same, because I cannot do anything.” She added, shaky voice dripping with the insecurity.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 10 May - 23:51

"Would you rather the two remain seperate, that we not be a - a unit?" Kael asked, moving his hand away then, awkwardly. "He is your son too, if you want him to not have her in his life then I will do my best but..  I needed her, Indira. I am sorry if that has upset you, but I needed her because our son has died and I didn't know if you were going to aswell... I wouldn't have left him alone to seek that comfort, you wouldn't have wanted me to do that. I don't want to discsrd you... I want us to be a family; all of us."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 10 May - 23:57

“I am upset because I fear I am on the cusp of being discarded. That you will get used to raising him with your wife with little input from me because I am limited, but then when I am able to do more you will realise it was easier when I couldn’t, and you will find me difficult and no longer want me around.” Indira glanced at his hand as he moved it, nodding as if it affirmed a point to her. “I am upset because he is our son but he will hardly know me during the first few months of his life and what if he likes your wife more? If she becomes his mother?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 11 May - 0:09

"He will know you, he will be with you as much as he can be. Daphne is not going to steal our son off of you, Indira." Kael tried to keep his voice gentle, though the upset edged at the words. "What have I done to make you feel as if you are being discarded? I had a wedding, and even during that I was checking on you throughout. I have hardly been home long, Indira. What exactly do you want? Off of me? Off of my wife?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 11 May - 0:14

Indira shook her head, shrinking when she noticed his subtle irritation. “I- I am sorry. I am feeling - how I am feeling does not matter.” She settled on, a nod to herself. “This is why I said how I am feeling does not matter, because it is wrong to feel like this. You have done nothing, and I am hurting you…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 11 May - 0:22

"I have been... thinking, o- obsessively on how to put him to rest without it... you know." Kael mumbled, resting his elbows on his knees and resting his chin on his hands. "We can do two ceremonies, if you - if that is appropriate. Burn his body, bury his ashes here or - or we can split them and he can be here and in your homeland. I-" He cut offcas his voice broke.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 11 May - 0:27

Indira closed her eyes with a sharp breath when she realised what he was talking about, having not shed any tears since she had first awoken, and still not allowing herself the grace to do so. Waiting until the fear of crying had passed until she opened them again, cleaning her throat. “I - that sounds p-perfect. Thank you for allowing me to set him free before you bury him.” She whispered, voice becoming thick.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next