BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls Empty Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 22:47

Devika was sat in the next column over, in the row halfway down. Leant with her head leant against her hand as she watched Thea with a smile of admiration - entirely invested in the whole ceremony.

"Three, two, one.... now." Karina counted Magnus down softly, giving a nod as he turned on his heel to face Thea.

As his eyes fell upon her, a choked sob threatened to escape from Magnus' lips. His hands moving up to cover his mouth as he tried to disguise it as a cough, though the gleam of his eyes caused by the tears gave him away.

"Pathetic." Lynette whispered beneath her breath.

Conan silent watched, moving Dagmar's hand closer to his torso so he could squeeze it a bit tighter than normal.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Hope Falls Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 22:58

“You’ve been awfully busy, my love.” Thea murmured when she was in ear shot, raising her eyebrow at him with a small laugh. Reaching her hand out for him to take.

“You’re such a cynic.” Lucian whispered, rolling his eyes as his gaze began to drift again.

“It’s okay.” Dagmar assured almost silently, squeezing his hand in return.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 23:23

Magnus reached out to curl his fingers around hers. "You look like some kind of goddess." He breathed, his spare hand lifting up to touch her face. "Hello, T."

"We deserve this too." Conan replied, though not vocally - only in a short, sombre glance before he looked ahead once again.

"Thank you all for coming today, and thank you even more - everyone - for being so tight-lipped on the whole organisation." Karina began, before becoming more focused to Magnus and Thea. "We are here today to celebrate two people, in a much more public - Magnus and Thea way then they were able to before. The past decade or so has been, unbelievably difficult for us all but within those hard times, God, the gods and goddesses, the universe - whatever higher being you put your trust in - have funny ways to show us that it is all an act of balance. We form new friendships, we discover love we were never knew was there, we become brave to take on The Fates themselves." Leaning down, Karina picked up a small bowl of blood and stepped down to Thea and Magnus; "When I was doing my research for this day I learned that King Zoltan and Queen Eniko had to conquer a great serpent that dwelled in the very caves beneath this castle before the powers to be allowed their marriage, they too, like our couple here were not allowed to be together without enduring battles. We do not have the serpents blood with us today, but I did manage to convince a few of the nearest and dearest in the room to give us a drop of there's as they arrived. So, see this..." She placed her finger into the bowl and gently drew an old symbol for love - with sweeping lines and cursive onto Magnus' forehead, and then on Thea. "...as a symbol of all of our love. Of the entirety of us, as a singular family, blessing you both."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 23:32

“Oh Karina…” Thea whispered, voice thick. Closing her eyes as she was marked, staying there for a few moments after and moving the back of her hand to her eyes to gently catch the few tears that were threatening to fall. “I can’t believe you’ve done all this…” she added, glancing up to Magnus with an expression of wonder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 May - 23:47

"It was a team effort." Magnus laughed quietly, ducking his head to brush his nose against hers affectionately.

"Let this blessing help your bond to stay steady, and true. Let it give you the strength to continue to talk to one another about your fears, your hopes, your dreams and allow it to remind you that you are both loved by such a mass community - family- who want you to succeed in every way. Magnus, did you finish what you were writing?"

"I did but.. it is not for the rest of the worlds ears." Magnus answered with an embarrassed grin.

"Very well. Thea, my sister, my friend. Is there anything you would like to share before the two of you share a kiss to complete this blessing?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 May - 23:55

“Unlike you all I had no time to prepare for this so unfortunately there’ll be no speeches from me just yet.” Thea chuckled, brushing her nose against Magnus’ before leaning in and kissing him deeply, hand going to the back of his head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 0:02

"Very we- oh, off you go." Karina laughed, only watching them for one more moment before lifting her gaze up to find Emmett's face.

From Devika's space in the crowd, a quiet but enthusiastic clap erupted. Tears of joy staining pale cheeks as Devika stood as if to give a standing ovation.

Magnus' arm snaked around Thea's waist to bring her against him. His thumb brushing her cheek affectionately as he kisses her back just as deeply. Only pulling away enough to dismiss his guests; "Go and drink, eat! The reception rooms are all fully stocked for your needs."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 0:05

“Let me have you for another moment.” Thea chuckled as she pulled Magnus back to her.

Lucian looked over at Devika, smiling affectionately with a tiny laugh as she stood up.

“Oh to be young and in love.” Dagmar chuckled with a raised brow, smirking at Conan as she squeezed his hand. “Kids these days mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 0:15

When Magnus gave the dismissal, Lynette rose to her feet and pushed her way out of the room. Uncaring that she was the first one to leave.

Magnus closed his eyes this time, sweeping Thea up into his arms as he returned the kiss.

Devika giggled quietly to herself when they went in for the second kiss, giddy with it all. Momentarily asking a backwards glance, gleeful grin still on her face as her gaze met Lucian's.

Conan gave a polite applause, though only for a moment. Turning his head to brush his lips against the side of Dagmar's as he whispered; "It is nice to see them so relaxed."

"Careful," Karina laughed, stepping out of the way and returning to Emmett's side.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 0:23

Thea moved to wrap her arms behind his neck, giggling quietly.

“You’re a sucker for romance mm? Explains why we often crashed wedding parties in the taverns.” Lucian mused as he got up, weaving between people leaving as he headed over to Devika.

“After everything they’ve been through, together and separately… they deserve it.” Dagmar nodded, resting her head on Conans shoulder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 0:30

"People are always so happy at weddings," Devika explained with a laugh, her cheeks beginning to flush. "Weddings and - and births too. Those are the best two events to be around for."

"It was hard work keeping all of this from you," Magnus whispered against her lips.

"They do, and after supporting them as we have today; we deserve a drink." He mused, getting to his feet and offering her a hand up. "When was the last time we could be intoxicated at the same time?"

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 0:37

“I will skip the births, but the weddings I can deal with.” Lucian laughed, offering his arm.

“I can imagine, all these people… everything’s you’ve done. Thank you, my love”

Dagmar smoothed her dress down before taking his hand and standing. “I believe it’s been years.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 7:30

"It doesn't have to be humanoid birth. I used to help my dad birthing the cows and lambs. Their legs are so long, see, and because of the shape of their hooves." Devika traced the outline of the shape as she spoke. "Sometimes they would get stuck in their mothers. The smaller the arms to give 'em a helping hand the better, causes less discomfort, see? So I would have to put my hand in there and then just like that- baby." She spoke quickly, giddy as she hooked her arm through his. "Cows and lambs are much sweeter when they are born than other babies. They are prey, right, so they can't come out all red and crying like demented potatoes."  

"I see, you are waiting until we are alone before you give me your punishment for deceiving you."

"We best start now to make up for it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 20:31

“No punishment… not this time.” Thea hummed, brushing her hand across his cheek. “None… thank you.”

“After you Mr Zaretsky.”

“I’ll take your word for it.” Lucian laughed as he headed off toward the ballroom.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 20:37

"Andras told me that I was lucky he loved you as much as he did, as if I had asked for him to cater to such a crowd and do the preparations so secretively for even a Guardian themselves he would have refused." Magnus hummed, turning his head to kiss her palm gently.

"In all of your travels you've never witnessed even an animal birth? That seems unrealistic, Lucian. I can't believe it."

Conan gently coaxed an arm around her waist, leading her out of the hall - following the crowd to the ballroom.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 20:40

“I grew up a Prince, then spent the majority of the rest of my time on and off boats and living in relative luxury. Why would I have been a midwife to bovine?”

“I shall make sure to thank him appropriately, don’t worry my love.”

“Never quite get used to the titters and the looks do you?” Dagmar murmured as she glanced around.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 20:47

"Relative luxury, even when you first started off." Devika mused curiously. "How did you find your family and a boat to go along with them?"

"I wouldn't yet, he still may kill me for it."

"You notice them still? I can't say I do." Conan pulled her a little closer against his side. "Let them look. We have nothing to be shameful of."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 20:50

“I am good at gambling.” Lucian answered simply, tone indicating that was all the information he was willing to part with at that point as he grabbed some drinks off a tray from a waiter that walked past, handing one over to Devika.

“I can’t help it… I hate people looking. I was always used to being in the shadows y’know?”

“Ah I won’t allow it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 20:58

"I have reached out to your sisters, just before we left. I am hoping a letter has come back from them by the time we return home." Conan whispered, lifting his hand to spin her gently. "They are all brave women, and I am sure they miss you. Maybe they will visit. The Guardian's have made it clear to the world you are of no importance, so, interacting with you can't effect their neutrality."

"You are my saviour."

"Were you taught those skills or is it natural talent?" With a nod of gratitude, Devika took the glass off of him. Tapping it against his, sniffing it and then taking a slow sip.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 21:09

“You seem to be doing all the saving where we are concerned.”

“You didn’t have to do that… thank you.” Dagmar whispered gratefully as she spun under his arm before turning back to face him.

“Bit of both, probably.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 21:24

"It still makes me unbearably angry, how... how our punishment seems so much cruelest than Thea and Magnus got. One day they'll pay for it, I'll find a way."

"That simply isn't true." Magnus scoffed in denial, shaking his head.

"I hear there are floating cities in the east. Is that true? Were they originally built on top of the water or was it upon a Marsh when it was first built like the settlers who ran from the barbarians where I originally come from?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 21:35

“There are villages both on the ocean and in marshes. Maybe one day I’ll take you, show you.”

“It isn’t?”

“I think the best revenge for us is being happy. Us, the children… that’s the one thing they can’t take from us right now, how happy we are together.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 21:42

"I don't think your urchin would let an outsider on your boat. I can feel her eyes drilling a hole in the back of my skull as it is."

"No. You've had countless visions that have saved me from certain death, it was literally your job, T. All that has changed is that I get to keep you safe now too, I've even the playing field as much as possible."

Conan turned his head to press his lips into the crook of her neck. "I suppose that will have to suffice."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 May - 21:47

“It is my boat, as you just said. She didn’t want Kenna on the boat either and now she loves her like her own - even if she would die before admitting that. As Captain, what I say, goes. And if you want to come with me when I decide to return to sailing then that’s what shall happen.”

“Looking after you, our family, will always be my job. One that I’m privileged to have.”

“It is all we have… but it is more than enough mm? Not many are as lucky as we are.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 May - 21:58

Devika bit her lower lip, head cooked to the side as she studied his face. A satisfied "hmph" came along with a nod a moment later, "I suppose I could see if Conan could survive without me."

"Shall we dance, before any of our guests start early and take the limelight?"

Conan nodded, becoming distracted as his eyes fell upon Karina mingling with some of Magnus' soldiers. "She is very at home here now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next