BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Aug - 0:19

"My heart is sturdier then you think, clearly." Aodhän laughed humourlessly. "I am getting you a glass of water, and I was warning the Seer to remember what personal space means. Those are both perfectly reasonable things."

"You are not wearing enough kohl around your eyes for me to enjoy your company quite yet, maybe I need to accompany you to your quarters so you can out on the amount of make-up I insist upon." Karina grinned. "No visions to report, everything is splendid."

"Maybe we should dance then, you will have to listen to it that way."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Aug - 0:27

“I will meet you up there shortly if you so wish.” Lucian grinned, pressing a kiss behind Karina’s ear before pulling away. “A few things I need to check up on first - the children, the alcohol level, the guests… making sure Dagmar doesn’t sabotage the first dance.”

“Is that my husband asking me to dance? How could I ever even think of saying no?!” Liara chuckled, taking his hand.

Isolde rolled her eyes knowingly before taking the drink from Aodhän and sipping at it. “Are you happy now? Or happier at least?”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Aug - 0:31

"'That means you won't, it means I will be waiting there for hours for you." Karina walked her fingers up his arm. "Dagmar is too devastated to stand, yet alone sabotage a dance. She needed space to try and pull herself together. The children have each other, and there are enough guards present to keep an eye. The other things, they will sort themselves - the staff work hard for you."

"I will be extremely cheerful once you finish the entire glass, yes."

"As long as you don't outshine me too much." He warned softly.

(( Night! ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Aug - 8:39

“I promise, give me a few minutes to make the rounds and then I will happily join you.” Lucian promised, ducking his head to kiss her properly, brushing his nose against hers as he pulled away.

“We will shine together, it’s the whole aim of this marriage, no?”

Isolde raised her eyebrows with an exaggerated sigh, before doing as she was told. Wiggling the glass at him once she was done to show.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 31 Aug - 7:22

Karina closed her eyes to lean into the kiss, palm lifting to catch his face just as he pulled away, tracing his jaw slowly with her thumb, "It is positively cruel of you to look so dashing right now and expect me to wait." Sighing as she turned away and headed to leave toward Lucian's quarters, "Though I'll have to endure it."

Alistair raised an amused brow.

"Good. Only four more of those to go as the day turns to night." Aodhän chuckled.

"Of course."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Thu 31 Aug - 22:36; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 31 Aug - 22:31

“Promoting you to my husband was not one of my better ideas.” Isolde teased with a soft laugh.

“See what I’m dealing with here?” Lucian sighed deeply, grin wide on his face.

“Then lead the way, husband.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 31 Aug - 22:45

(( Just going to bath and then I can post for an hour or so ))

"Vivian is also all over me," Alistair emphasised, a dry humour that made it hard to determine if he was being genuine or not. "It is hard being a handsome successful man, is it not, Prince Zaretsky? We are like catnip to them."

"Promoting, like a job, hm? Am I that burdensome?" Aodhän shook his head with a disappointed tut, head moving to watch Kael and the Zaretsky children when Cassius laughed loudly. Bouncing around in a group circle, like a folk dance.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 31 Aug - 22:59

“Your Vivian was your fiancé when we started the negotiations, yet your little sister has been engaged and now married in that time. I can’t imagine your love is too happy with your heel dragging?”

“He is going to be a wonderful brother, isn’t he? And father when the day comes.” Isolde smiled fondly as she followed Aodhän’s gaze. “That child was sobbing earlier, and now look…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 31 Aug - 23:28

"She has been.. struggling, with the pregnancy. We would have rushed the wedding, done something smaller especially upon the news but I insisted we wait until she was less nauseous. We are perfectly happy, I assure you, Sir. I just fret."

"He is a credit to us," Aodhän nodded his agreement. "To raise a young man like that, in spite of the times he grew up in. I believe we have earned the right to be arrogant."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 31 Aug - 23:37

“I for one am glad it’s not something I have to endure, as much as I empathise with the women for it.” Lucian wrinkled his nose. “I pray her suffering be over soon.”

“And I’m sure we will do just as good this time round.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 31 Aug - 23:46

"She will use it to her advantage almost daily, do not feel sorry for her too much. They always find a way to twist you into doing what they want."

"I have no doubts." Aodhän agreed. The music suddenly changing to a slower melody as Conan ans Liara took to the floor for their dance. "Now the valkyrie isn't around the man doesn't look like he is being held at knife point quite as much."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 31 Aug - 23:58

“It’s not uncommon at all for those in arranged marriages to fall for each other in the end. If they are compatible and don’t fight. And even when it doesn’t develop into romantic love, they often end up being the best of friends, especially when children are involved eventually. The Valkyrie will eventually learn her place as mistress and realise that she was a fool for believing anything else.”

“Oh… who was in charge of the music? I’ll have to compliment them, this one is beautiful…” Liara hummed with a bright smile as the music changed.

“Ah you should be in there for your sisters special day. Whilst everyone is distracted I’m going to go run some errands to make sure the day continue to runs smoothly and then go join my Seer.” Lucian grinned.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 0:04

"Enjoy your day, Your Highness." Alastair spoke, ducking his head before walking out of the chapel and following the sound of the music.

"I wish I could take credit, I really do, but both Luca and I are clueless musically. One of King Horvat's newer Seers though, she plays piano, and composes. I pulled strings, made use of her - I believe the music sheets arrived for our pianist and orchestra last week."

"Both of us are well aware on how marriages can orogress when arranged." Aodhän agreed. "I speak of your cousin much more then you speak of Siofra's father."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 0:15

“He never wanted our marriage to work. He was the second most powerful person in the Kingdom but because he was second to a woman it was a slight to him. He may have been married to the Queen but he was not the King and to him it was an insult.” Isolde snorted. “The disappointment when Síofra was born and not a son, my inability to conceive again… everything about our marriage was an insult to him… He wasn’t foolish and in love with someone else and disappointed he had to marry someone he didn’t love, like Zaretsky… I wholeheartedly believe the ancestors sent me a daughter because if I’d had a son he would have had me killed so he could rule as regent and mould his son to live through him. A daughter meant another Queen if I passed - he wouldn’t shame another man the way he had been shamed by forcing him to be subservient to his wife.”

“You - you had something written… for me?” Liara beamed. “Thank you Sir, I adore it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 0:24

"I am... aware of your affinity for music, for the
E arts and language. I wanted one aspect of this wedding to be my choice, so it didn't feel so.. artificial. When I spent time with the human, when I was in hiding... unsure of what I needed, what I wanted...they were surrounded by fakery. Their food was full of elements that were ultimately bad for them, they created things that made things sweeter, they had robots that took away work from their people. It was all so artificial." Conan clicked his tongue. "I don't wish for this marriage to be artificial. I don't want it to be difficult. I want to find as many genuine aspects in it that we can, starting with the music.. starting with you calling me by name."

"Someone believing for a second that marriage with you is a hell-ish feels wring to hear, to take on board." Aodhän whispered. "Long before you and I began to have romantic chemistry, if it were not for your support- " Taking a breath, he shook his head and concluded, "He was a fool. A brute, to not truly see you. You could be a pauper on the street and I would still be as enamoured with you as I am now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 0:37

“I’m sorry, that I’m not who you wanted… that the woman you love isn’t the one you married.” Liara apologised genuinely. “But I’m - I am relieved you want to make this work. I was so worried that you would just resent me. Even more so worried about what may happen when my brother left… you hear horror stories, don’t you?” She whispered. “But with making this work I do too, I really do… I hope we can forge some happiness from this, Conan.”

“Oh he saw me, he just did not like what he saw.” Isolde laughed without humour. “But he is gone, and for the most part forgotten now. And he died without experiencing a happy marriage, or love… and it’s because of you that I am not like him in that respect.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 0:48

"My struggles with it, my frustrations, they have never been aimed towards you. I believe you are a wonderful person, genuine. Our beliefs align in the most important ways, and when you speak of your passions you can be fierce. You will step into the role of Queen without an issue, my Kingdom, my people, they will treasure you. Those are all certainties." Conan matched his volume to hers, hesitantly leaning his head forward so their foreheads touched so she didn't have to strain to hear. "I am sorry too, that whatever future you dreamed of is now.. different. I know you have no problems with Dasha and I, and as such any lovers you have... I welcome them. You have nothing to be fearful of."

"You are magnificent, Isolde, that is undisputable. I know that your aware of it, but no one ever tires of compliments do they?"

On the outskirts of the crowd, silently observing the wedding goers, Lynette wrinkled her nose in distaste. Her red-headed curls full of more unruly volume then normal - having had to swim from the ship to land before trekking towards the palace. A high-pitch whistle, like a bird call, emitting as she tried to single Lucian out in the crowd.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 1:03

“We both know I can’t have lovers Conan…” Liara chuckled at the thought, moving to lace her fingers together at the back of his neck, easing in to be closer to him.

“Never, especially not from you.” Isolde grinned, brushing her nose against his before kissing him gently.

“I mean it. I personally will deal with the consequences if Conan finds out. But I want her tailed at all times today. If it looks like she is even for a second considering going to the King or doing anything to ruin the day have her removed and sent to her rooms until I get there.” Lucian was instructing a guard outside the door where Karina had left Dagmar inside. Instructing him to be a sentry. Walking away and going toward the stairs to meet Karina, though stopped when he heard Lynette’s whistle.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 1:08

"Hello Captain." Lynette purred her greeted from the shadows, only just loud enough for him to hear. Leaning her head against the stone column she was beside, face concealed by the shadows."Surprise."

"I have Dasha. You may have whomever you wish to have Liara."

Aodhän chuckled against her lips, hand moving up to tangle in his hair as he brought her in - deepening the kiss as it was returned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 1:13

“Mm, and if I have a child? And everyone expects you to name it the heir but you can’t because it’s not yours? Or if the people find out? Nobody is kind toward the women who stray, there’s a reason there’s only a word for mistresses and not the other way around.” Liara shook her head with another small chuckle. “I will be fine, do not worry…”

“Urchin, what are you doing here?” Lucian raised his brows as he caught sight of her, heading over. “How is Kenna, is she with you?”

Isolde moved to rest her hands on the side of his face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 1:22

"Her and Farah are in a tavern, resting." She hummed, fingers raking through her hair to cover the dried blood running down her forehead to her brow - now maroon from its age, that had at some pointed seeped from a incision across her scalp. "A family wedding is happening and we were not invited - I won't tell them that. They may faux offence to get something from you."

"The first child you have, regardless of if it is mine or not - as long as we pretend it is - then they will be heir. Any child after that will be your lovers, which you can have if you wish." Conan assisted. "If this is an expectation put on us both, then you will have the same privileges as me. I will not allow you to walk away from love, if it happens. It is non-negotable."

"We speak to the Eastern dignitaries and then we take an early leave." Aodhän spoke, breathless between kisses.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 1:29

“If my brother knew he had spent all this time insisting I remain pure until I marry and now I have my husband is insisting I go anywhere else I think he may have a stroke.” Liara shook her head, still wildly amused. “We both know that in the end that will not work. If I am to have a child it must be with you. If the fates have already been so unkind to you that they have stuck you with me when it is Dagmar you want do you really think they would allow you to get away with such a lie as a random child on the throne? I do not miss, cannot miss that which I have never had. Love, lovers, romance. I am not suffering for not having it. I have kept myself happy for long enough, I assure you I can continue to do so - besides, nobody is going to risk loving the Queen.”

“How come you’re here? What happened?”

“Divide and conquer?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 1:42

"Plenty of people would risk loving someone so beautiful, an unspeakable amount. All you need do is be careful with it, protect yourself so you aren't targeted." Conan sighed, leaning his head against hers as he stared toward somewhere far away. "This may be me, simply trying to make myself feel better. An aspect of it most certainly is so don't think I am being a matyr.  You have to promise me that, if love comes along, you will not push it away. You have to promise me that you know I will be fine with you doing so."

"The quicker it is done, the quicker we can go to guest quarters." He agreed.

"The Harrington Twins in Baldrunn went back on a deal with Sorrell - that chick who has ties to the Lords in Hvitera. They were meant to send them a package, it never arrived and I don't know what was in it but it all went nuts. Alliances, allegiances- they're tearing themselves apart. The seas aren't safe anymore, we are traitors in every region because we refuse to pick a side." She took in a deep breath, leaning her head back to look at the sky. "I - Farrah and I almost lost her, Lucian. Almost lost Ken.. th- they got her, and she was so fucking wrecked. Farrah burned herself out with saving her, I've been having to watch both if them like a hawk since. They are fine now, don't- don't fret. Tired, real tired but... we need somewhere until it blows over."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 1 Sep - 1:49

“What happened to Kenna?!” Lucian moved to grip Lynette’s wrist, panic instantly setting in. “What happened to her? Wrecked?!”

Isolde chuckled, patting his chest gently. “Let’s go make enquiries, I shall meet you soon.”

“If it comes my way, then I shall not ignore it.” Liara hummed. “But for now, I shall be content with my husband, my new friend, whom I shall hopefully have many happy years being beside, even if just as friends. We can worry about me being romanced if it ever happens.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 1 Sep - 1:55

"A cut, a small fucking cut from an envelope but it was poisoned. We didn't even know, because it was so small - just thought it was a uh.. bug, what with the weather turning, you know how it is." Lynette twisted her wrist out of his grip so she could catch his hand instead. Her other one reaching out to touch his face, "She is fine now, tired - exhausted but completely out of the woods. We just need somewhere to stay for.. I mean, you have some Lords and Ladies from the East here haven't you? So maybe only weeks, two months. Maybe things have began to settle already."

"It will happen, of course it will. As I said, anyone can appreciate you."

"Mm." Aodhän hummed as he moved off and disappeared into the crowd.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next