BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Don't Burn.... We Prosper

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

We Don't Burn.... We Prosper - Page 2 Empty Re: We Don't Burn.... We Prosper

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 0:35

"Bastard." She breathed, rolling her shoulders as she straightened her spine. Hands placing strands of her hair back into place and counting to ten before following down behind him.

"You are here, good," Coralee used the back of her foot to nudge the chair beside her for him to sit. Doing well to appear unflustered, however the prosecco in her glass swayed from where her grip on the stalk of the glass shook. "We are going to start when Miss Nash returns,"

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 0:41

“You’ll be fine.” Ezekiel assured softly, pressing a kiss to the top of Coralee’s head before taking his seat. Neck twitching ever so slightly as he tried to not look over his shoulder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 9:50

Coralee closed her eyes to take in a slow breath, releasing it with the same amount of control as she tried to bring her heart rate down. Eyes only fluttering open when she heard Hudson, the other side of her, subtly clear his throat. Plastering a sweet smile onto her face as Verity stepped into the room, "Ah, Miss Nash. Please do take a seat."

"Sorry for the delay," Verity mused, picking her own glass of wine up from thr serving tray near the entryway of the room. Bulldozing, despite Coralee's clear attempt of some kind of introduction, "Zurich and his bastard company still aren't pleased, despite the mitigations your parents agreed to last time. The earth throwing tycoon seems to believe that the sanctions for demolishing those homes without permission are too harsh, as a result several lesser members of the Aarde Koei have launched attacks on our own. Cornering in alleyways, knives, guns. A thirteen year old boy is critical in hospital, currently, from one of these incidents. As it was sanctions agreed upon by your parents, our people expect you to hold the Aarde Koei accountable."

"We feel sympathy toward those effected by this, empathy, even." Coralee answered, wrinkling her nose. "The sanctions imposed on the earth tycoon were fair ones, careful considered and agreed by everyone. A compromise, so, this behaviour is unacceptable. However, what do the people propose we do? Would would ease their appetite and how are you sure it was because of these sanctions that these attacks are happening?"

"Gangs run rampant across the city, both magic wielding and human." Hudson agreed quietly. "There is nothing to say this isn't anything other than normal activity."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 11:09

“She wants us out on the streets. And by us I mean Hudson and I.” Ezekiel snorted, unimpressed. “That’s why nobody else bothered to come tonight, sister. They knew what was happening, what was to be requested. They either don’t deign to hear it or they know what is expected and will perform accordingly.” He moved his gaze to fix entirely on Verity. “Sending our own bottom-of-the-ladder members just makes this look like a tit for tat. But if she puts out Aoife Moradi’s precious sons out and they just so happen to get hit then it gives everyone a good reason to escalate. Bait, no?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 11:25

"It will give us means to act, to get Zurich and his cretin under control." Verity confirmed, unwavering as she met Ezekiel's gaze. "As your brother said, right now it could be seen as low level fighting. Conflict that happens in every city, something that occurs when many people are crammed together but we all know that this is not jumped up kids. We are being targeted, our people, by Zurich and all we have to do is having something that will prove-"

"My family are not sacrificial lambs." Coralee interuppted calmly, taking a sip of her wine as she leant back in the seat. "It is speculation, currently, nothing more. If we were to do what you propose and you were wrong..."

"Then nothing would happen." She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear so it wouldn't fall into her face as she cooked her head. Sticking her lower lip out in a faux pout, "Ezekiel and Hudson will return with their faces just as pretty as when they left."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 11:32

“Is that a promise? I have a wedding to attend to at the weekend and my girlfriend doesn’t much appreciate it when she has to work on my face beforehand to make it camera ready. This pretty face will require a lot of fixing if someone is stupid enough to try anything, and I do like keeping her happy.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 11:43

"I can assure you that if there aren't attacks targeting our people you will be unharmed. If they are targeting our people then, it isn't within my powers to say what you'll walk away looking like."

"My family are not sacrificial lambs." Coralee repeated firmly. "I have no interest in putting them in that position. You and the others will have to think of another solution to bring to us because that is not one."

"If you chose not to act you are showing the people you believe your family are more important than them. You are showing them you are happy to let Zurich continue what he is doing!"

Hudson leant forward in his chair, fingers interlocked in front of him as he quietly observed.

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 11:46

“She can learn to love a few more scars I’m sure.” Ezekiel hummed, glancing over to his brother. “Maybe you can wear that helmet to protect your pretty face mm? Maybe I’ll get a few marks that’ll finally have people able to tell us apart. Could be useful in that way I suppose.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 12:17

"They won't come close enough to leave a mark." Hudson wrinkled his nose. "There will be no scars, no injuries and no talk of sacrificial lamb. I believe these concerns are fruitless, so I am happy to be bait."

Verity's eyes lit up with triumph, "Wonderful. It will please the people that you are all at least faking your concern. When you are jumped by Zurich's people, we will be able to use the means we have to make sure he stops playing this game."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 12:36

“Are you happy now Madame Nash?” Ezekiel quipped. “Ready to enjoy your dinner now you’ve confirmation you’ll be hanging us out to dry?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 12:49

"Oh, yes, of course. It is kind of you to consider my feelings." Verity grinned innocently, leaning back to give the waiting staff the space they needed to place the plates of food down in front of her. "I am assuming the wedding you are attending will be someone else's, as opposed to your own? I would have been invited to such an event, if it was yours, I'm sure."

"Why would you think that? Having to put up with you for proffesional reasons is bad enough, it's better to limit it to that." Hudson scoffed, frowning when Coralee kicked him beneath the table.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 16:26

“If it was my wedding I would’ve said that wouldn’t I? It’s the Sinclair wedding… surprised you haven’t also been invited to attend. Wedding of the year I am told.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 16:52

"Ah yes, the invite came through so long ago for that one. I declined it, I have family visiting from Georgia so had to prioritise." Verity mused, waiting until Coralee began to eat until she too tucked in.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 18:38

Ezekiel rolled his eyes, glancing to his sister to make sure she was okay before picking up a fork and stabbing at his food.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 18:44

Verity tried, though failed to hide the quiet chuckle of amusment at his reaction. Gaze on her food, so not noticing Coralee's icy glare.

"I imagine prioritising your family visit is important." Coralee mused with a sickening sweetness. "When ones family doesn't bother with them often, it really is special when they decide to make an effort. I am sure whilst my brother mingles with the relatives of The Board he may remember to mention your name, and give your apologies for not being there."

Hudson choked on his food, reaching across to grab his drink and down half of it.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 18:53

Ezekiel’s gaze shot up at he glanced between his sister and Verity, kicking Hudson under the table for his reaction.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 19:53

Verity stared at her plate as she stared at her food, silently taking the words in. A gulp being the only hint she gave that the sting had hit it's mark, changing the subject with a soft voice, "This food is wonderful, your staff have outdone themselves."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Mon 23 Oct - 21:15; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 20:44

“I’ll hand the compliments to my parents. They pride themselves on how much effort they spent looking for the chef

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 21:18

"Other than the earth tycoons there isn't much else to report." Verity veered back to business, more subdued now. "The normal quarrels. People moaning they are poor, people moaning they are sick. The world is unfair and the likes of us have champagne problems. Boring, blah blah blah."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 22:28

“Indeed.” Ezekiel commented dryly

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 23:11

"Zurich is supposed to be having a drop off tonight, of... the herbal variety. A big one, big bucks, millions of dollars. If the two of you..." Verity lifted her gaze up to glance from Ezekiel to Hudson and back. "Place yourself in the area... it gives them a chance to overreact, and then, as you both know, we can finally retaliate against Zurich."

"Tonight?" Coralee shook her head, staring down at the table. "That isn't time to plan."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:21

“You should’ve told us this before we started eating. Now if we get shot and end up in surgery there’s chance of us dying because we asphyxiated on our own vomit on the table. Thanks, Nash.” Ezekiel all but threw his fork down, grabbing his drink and downing it in one.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 23:39

"And prevent you from a last meal? Now that would be cruel of me." She leant back in her seat as if the laugh that came with the words was more obnoxious then the one that sounded. "If you get shot, and die, then the coven will grieve the heir of one of the most powerful families that still relate to the little people. You'd be a matyr."

Coralee shook her head, pushing to her feet and leaving the room. Muttering beneath her breath about needing air.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:53

“Ah yes, choking on a chunk of regurgitated chicken whilst having a bullet extracted from my gut. How fucking relatable.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:01

"Zeke," Verity warned, voice a low whisper as her leg stretched beneath the table to hook her ankle with his to try and soothe. The tone quickly returning to its fake, light-heartedness as she jibe, "You are acting fearful, Moradi."

"What time do we need to be in the area?" Hudson asked quietly.

"20:30.. on the dot. Not earlier, not later. Timing is important." Verity grimaced. "This information haz been hard to get ahold of for you both."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum