BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 21 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 15:54

"All this selflessness, I bet you still eat the last strawberry of the harvest though when others had made it clear it was there's." Karina whispered, a playful smile half making it onto her face.

"I think we have become complacent with leaving them to their devices, a visit on our way home is needed." He agreed
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 15:59

“Would anyone actually notice if we execute them?” Thea muttered, half musing rather than posing a serious question.

“I haven’t eaten them in years actually. Reminded me too much of you.” Lucian replied honestly, moving to rest his elbow on the arm of the chair, his hand on his head as he watched her.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 16:28

"Ira and Eden are allergic to them. It is terrible, how can I have children that are allergic to something so delicious?" She shook her head, before answering more solemnly. "I'm sorry I hurt you so deeply. I was young, and scared... and excuses aren't good enough but; I am so sorry."

"Now Matilda has cut off ties, absolutely not." Magnus snorted in amusment. "The wolves are happier without them."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 16:33

“Something to consider I suppose.”

“It doesn’t matter now does it? You moved on, married twice. Why continue to apologise for something you left behind a long while ago when I was a dead man.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 17:06

"I hurt you before I grieved you, and that - grieving you comes just behind this grief because you thought I didn't love you. I did, I do. I always will, you were my first love."

"Maybe we can capture one of these creatures and use the Adair's as it's food. We'll know how it hunts then, how it kills." Magnus stated, more to himself then to her. Glancing out of the window.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 17:10

“But you didn’t love me enough to stay. To try and work things out.” Lucian sighed, shaking his head as he leaned back, rolling his shoulders a little. “It’s done, Kari. No point dredging it up when you’ve got more important things on your mind right now mm?”

“We could if we knew what we were looking for… I can’t even see it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 17:25

"I told you this, I told you this when you first came back. I had a scare, and at the time..." She let out a trembling breath, nodding as she dropped the topic. "Who should I ask to teach Ira to fly when he is ready? I - I wouldn't even know where to start in finding someone who will be.. gentle enough. Emmett was suppose to start teaching him about his wings soon, start strengthening them - slow and steady but..."

"There must be someway to track it, it must leave behind... something."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 17:30

“Both Conan and Dagmar fly. And both their children are coming along well. Cassius even more so than Aesira at the moment.”

“I would ask the witches but we can’t even trust they’re not behind it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 17:36

"I don't want him to learn with the heirs. They are both too loud, too confident. Ira is quiet, he's gentle.. and anyone helping the heirs will be focused more on their progress then my sons."

"The fae have been documented creatures for much longer than we have, longer than the angels too
Especially with their affinity to it all. We could request access to their library."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 17:56

“And what would we give in return? Because we know that Isolde won’t just give us access without a sweetened deal. She has to play nice with Conan as their children are betrothed and nobody wants to start arguments with the in-laws mm?”

“I would suggest Devika but I believe that bridge may be burned.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 18:19

"What do we have that she needs? I am sure there must be something."

"I have never seen Devika fly, I don't know how skilled she is."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 18:26

“Then for now I am out of suggestions. It’s not as if I would be of any use teaching him mm? Leave it as a problem for another day.”

“We’ll have to think of something… before we go home so we’re ready.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 18:54

"I am sure once everyone has been able to grieve, minds will be clearer. Something will jump out about this creature then." Magnus whispered. "The Seers didn't let me see Eden and Ira, they had the audacity to tell me they don't answer to me."

"I wouldn't put that pressure on you, even if you could." Karina whispered, creeping down the bed so that she was sat shoulder to shoulder with him - craving the physical comfort.

"I don't know if this is a good idea, colúr." Tadgh whispered as he crept half a pace behind Aesira through the castle halls, making sure to look toward every shadow that was cast against the stone walls. "I am not a.... what is it; angle? Your Máthair and Athair may not like me. Could we not spend time in the trees like we have been?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 19:02

“Shame the Fae bitch hasn’t had any more sons for us to sell our daughter off to too.” Thea rolled her eyes with a sigh before wrinkling her nose. “I can go speak to them. Make them listen to me - it’ll be the Adairs former Seers. Bitches.”

“Karina… I brought you here to calm you so nobody else saw but I think it’s best you go now mm? You’ll wake up in the morning and you’ll be knocked sick that it’s me you’ve come running to. I know you - you’ll regret it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 19:10

"You would never marry Zaria off to anyone, that is the best joke you have told today." Magnus snorted softly in amusment. "Please do go and cause them hell, bring the twins here afterwards."

"Oh," Karina whispered, moving to stand so quickly she had to take a double step to stop herself from stumbling. Keeping her back to him with a quiet; "Sorry."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 19:28

“You can’t stand me, Karina.” Lucian pointed out in gentle tones. “You’re not thinking straight. And when you’re back to yourself again the last thing I want for you is you hating yourself for coming to me of all people after your husband - who also couldn’t stand me - has died. You know as well as I do. I’m trying to be the better person here - because I know if I did what I wanted to it’d make you disgusted with yourself later.”

“You’re right. I get it’s the done thing, how alliances are made, countries are saved, people stay friends etcetera. But if it was a choice between taking away my daughters choice in who she was to spend her life with, or the Kingdom burning… then we’ll have to rebuild from ashes.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 19:43

"Dagmar and Conan aren't letting me make basic decisions at the moment, Thea is using this to try and make me move there when I already made that decision when she renewed her vows with Magnus." Karina whispered thickly. "Please, I don't want to be alone."

"The older Aesira gets the more disgusted and angry I feel for her that Conan made that decision. I really doubt it will go ahead, I can't see Dagmar allowing it when the time comes."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 19:46

“He made it for peace with his country. Like I say - I would rather see ours burn than force my daughter into a marriage, to breed like livestock, for a man she doesn’t love. Improper or not.”

Lucian hesitated, moving his hand to the bridge of his nose as he thought before nodding a few moments later. “Okay…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 19:51

"Can we drink? I will go to the others and tell them to leave the twins with Magnus and Thea for tonight. I'll come back with bottles?"

"I know why he made thar decision, but my opinon is of yours. Perhaps before we had our daughters I could, see how it would be useful, but now... no, never."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 19:56

“With sons it is easier… they are not shipped off. And as long as they father at least one child with their wife they can do whatever else they please with whoever else. It wouldn’t be so bad if the standard wasn’t different for daughters. I wonder if Isolde’s heir was her daughter rather than her son if she’d have been so eager for the deal.”

“If that’s what you want…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 20:05

"The boy is not directly hers, but her cousins, that probably made the deal a lot easier."

"I'll be back," Karina assured quietly, stepping out of the room
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 20:12

“And his father just went along with it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 20:20

"Ira, Eden." Karina called, pushing the door open to the communal Seer quarters only a few seconds later. Lowering herself down to a crouch and holding her arms out in anticipation for her children, "Come."

Eden was sat on a child-sized stool next to the sofa in the living quarters, rubbing a purple pulp into the undeside of her wrist. A clay bowl and mortar in front of her with the remains of flower petals within. Her concentration fixed on what she was doing, not noticing her mother.

"Ah, the boys father." Magnus hummed with a nod. "I don't know what my views in him are."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 8 Jul - 20:30

Ira broke away from the young Seer he was talking to, completely leaving the conversation as he ran toward his mother.

“Snakes. All of them. The Fae can’t be trusted. Conan is a fool for getting into bed with them.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 8 Jul - 20:52

"It will come and bite him eventually. I just hope that when it does, the result won't turn us all into enemies."

Karina enveloped him in her arms, squeezing her sons shoulders gently. "Have you had a good day today, sunshine?" Tilting her head up she looked towards the young Seer for an answer. "Hanna? Have you been running the dya for them today?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next