BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 40 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 15:20

"No, Zar, no that isn't what I meant." Magnus whispered. "The wolves, that wolf, seems to believe he can cry about the things that have happened to him and tell me that I need to fix them. He forgets we all lost people. I was just trying to remind him of that."

Matilda pushed the door closed behind them as they stepped out of the corridor, peeling Eris away from him and motioning her to the other room so she could rest her palm on his cheek. Leaning in to touch her forehead to his. "It isn't home, I know. Our home isn't... it doesn't exist anymore, Izsak. It's gone."

"I need to look more... presentable. Can you..." She waved one hand towards the door as she grabbed a hairbrush with her other. "'Go to Eden, too. I'll find you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 20:56

“And I hate that we can’t make home somewhere we actually want to be. Where we are wanted.”

“Would you send me back to get Alex here?”

“You want me to go to your daughter?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 21:10

"Never, never ever. I would watch the world burn to the ground to keep you with me, I wouldn't exchange you for a thing." Magnus kissed the top of her head gently, using the side of his body to push the door to their quarters open.

"We don't have to stay here." Matilda insisted. "All it takes is packing some essentials, we'll be gone by tonight. A village in the middle of no where, a group of wolves... they'd protect us. The Guardian's will be angrier at Magnus then me."

"Devika obviously can't cope, so yes. Yes I do, only while I sort myself out, had you not been so pull- happy with my hair I wouldn't need the time."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 21:30

“They would have Valkyries searching for you within an hour of you being reported missing.”

“World burning is bad. You silly.” Zaria laughed then as she looked up, bopping her fathers nose with her finger like he would her to play.

“You weren’t complaining at the time.” Lucian grinned, quickly stealing a kiss as he neatened himself up before heading out the door.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 21:39

"I think we'd have a few days, perhaps a week before my absence would be noticed and the valkyries can't lay a hand in me - they can't force me to go with them. The Guardian's, if they wish to talk to me, would be able to come to me and I believe I have a perfectly fine explanation for wanting to leave." Gently, she moved her thumb to brush against the smaller hairs near his ear. "We leave together, or... you leave with Eris. I want her to have a pack, I am tired of her crying to us that she is being left out and doesn't know why. It breaks my heart and after all you have gone through you deserve to feel safe too. Those are our options, Izsak but this place is not good for you, and it is not want our want for our daughter either."

"Not as bad as losing you," Magnus laughed quietly, his nose wrinkling into his face before he brushed it against hers. "Now, let's find your mother, mm? She is normally asking things of us by now, isn't she?"

"Lucian?" Devika frowned, confusion flashing across her face as she started into a walk behind him. "What were you doing with - Karina really must be dealing with this."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 21:50

“Dagmar’s birthday surprise. Karina is helping Conan with some of the details and as he’s busy all day with meetings I said I’d swing by to check on things. Then she got emotional that Emmett won’t be there for the celebrations so she just needs a few minutes to cool down her face…”

“I would never take her from you. Never. She needs her mother. And she doesn’t need to watch her mother be accosted by whoever it is they send.”

“Mummy sleeping still? Lazy lazy lazy.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 21:59

"She needs to feel safe, much more than she needs me." She countered sadly, gaze glancing towards the next room - in the direction she had pushed Eris toward. "A girl so young should not be so scared to speak, should not only be able to laugh around us. I don't want to be a part from her, from you... but with you both being so miserable then what choice is there?"

"Ah, well... if she has sent you for Eden then you can try but I doubt you will have much luck." Devika grimaced, quickening a few paces so she was leading him. Pushing the doors open and out to the hedge maze in the garden. "She and Ira were playing hide and seek - this is according to him now, she hasn't spoken yet. He said that she was seeking, he heard her scream and how she is now is how he found her."

"Yes, very lazy." Magnus ruffled his hair as he placed her down on the sofa. Speaking as he walked into toward the bedroom; "You wait here, in case she is wearing that funny mud mask on her face. I'll go see."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 22:14

“She needs her mother.” Izsak repeated, shaking his head as he reached to take Matilda’s hand. “Maybe we can speak to the Guardians? Have you relocated?”

“Once she’s calmed she’ll follow.” Lucian assured, raising an eyebrow at her words

Thea was indeed still in bed, curled up under the covers.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 22:21

"Do you think the angels will want us, or treat us any better?" Matilda asked quietly. "I don't know if they will, and I am worried that we will move somewhere and it will be worse. Thea and Magnus keep saying they are the-" She cut off, swallowing a lump in her throat. "Do you think she's manipulating me?"

"If I didn't have luck calming the child, when I helped raise her during the war I just don't think you'll have anymore luck. She's completely shut down." Devika frowned, nose wrinkling as she tried to stop insecurity dripping from her tone. "Don't look at me like that."

"T?" Magnus called softly, moving around the bed and perching on the edge beside her. Resting his hand against her arm. "Hey, T. Morning."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 22:31

“Mm, hi.” Thea greeted as she roused, peeling her eyes open to a squint.

“Manipulating you? To do what?”

“She’s not sent me as the be all and end all, just to assist until she gets here is all”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 22:39

"Manipulating us, to stay here.... making us think that this is the best we'll get."

"Our daughters intuition is beginning to show," Magnus mused softly, "She knew you would be sleeping in here, I thought you may have just been pampering yourself."

Devika shook her head, slowing to a stop when Eden came into sight. The girl lay in the fetal position in corner, beside a white brick wall - her breathing erratic.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 23:03

“She did? She’s a smart girl.” Thea smiled with a yawn, moving to sit up and rub at her eyes. “Sorry - for not being up. Give me five.”

“You think she could do that to you? That it’s… revenge or something?”

“Karina was saying that she has visions already. Is this one?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 23:09

"It may be. Ira heard her scream, found her like this and then came to find me. That is all I know; she hasn't said anything Lucian - I don't know if she can hear. If she still is having a vision it's a massive one."

"I - I don't know. That would be the best case scenario wouldn't it? I would rather that betrayal then think that this is the best we'll be treated, the best our daughter will be treated."

"Don't rush, there aren't any duties today." Magnus fussed quietly. "Your sister's mate is being particularly dick-ish today though. Stupid mutt."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 23:22

“Izsak? What’s he done now?”

“Maybe this is the harsh reality of it all… that this world doesn’t want our daughter and she’s gonna have to fight tooth and nail to belong in it.” Izsak whispered sadly, rubbing at his face.

“Have you tried holding her? Coaxing her back with your voice?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 24 Jul - 23:29

"I have... she didn't even register I was there, didn't even react." Devika wrapped her arms around herself, glancing away just as Eden's body began to flinch - a dribble of maroon blood dribbling from the childs nostril.

"I am a privileged, spoilt elitist who doesn't understand what he has gone through. He doesn't need any sort of respite, despite ranting to me about how hellish his life is and no one has been effected by these wars quite like him and his family." Magnus snorted. "He is lucky I didn't snap his neck, diminishing our grief of Alex the way he did."

"Or you can go... find a life for the two of you. Give me the address, I'll visit as often as I am allowed. I am trapped here, Izsak... you are not."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 24 Jul - 23:46

“Shit. Hey! Devika go get her mother!” Lucian moved to crouch down beside Eden, gently scooping her up.

“I am not leaving you. We are not leaving you. It’s not an option.”

“He talked about Alex?”

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://bestfruit4eva.forumotion.com/t459-hope-falls

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40