BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 38 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 17:08

"We are going to have to try and figure it out, now we have it. We can't let it loose again, and the other option - if this is something even you have not seen before, I don't think we should try and kill it."

"Oh aren't you?" Karina laughed, closing her eyes as she matched the kiss. Digging her fingers into his arms.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 17:11

“I don’t even think we could. How does one kill a living rock?”

“No. I let you go once. Not again.” Lucian breathed, pulling away so that he could momentarily gaze at her face. Brushing his nose affectionately against hers before resuming the kiss.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 17:21

"The same way the healers cleanse their crystals to use with herbs? The same way the miners harvest? It isn't important though, you can't try to kill it. It's too important..."

Karina shifted her weight, leaning into him so she would have room to reach behind herself and unlace her dress - allowing the front of it to drop.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 17:26

“People are angry, Kael. There are dozens dead from its rampage. And that is just from last night, who knows how many victims it has claimed…”

Lucian ducked his head, moving to pepper kisses along her chest and collarbone before hungrily making his way back to her lips. Kissing her for a further few moment before moving from the wall and placing her down so he could rip the dress from her completely and discard it in the corner.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 17:33

"What if its something sent by the old spirits? What if there is a purpose for it?" Kael pulled himself out of her arms then, moving to perch at the bottom of the bed instead. "We can't kill something we don't understand. It might be important..."

Karina took the opportunity, tearing his shirt off of him as she turned with him. Swapping places once more, her lips against that soft part between his collar bones once again before his back was even against the wall. Only slowing down as she worked her way towards his naval.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 17:36

“I need a fucking wake up call.” Lucian laughed raggedly as he moved to tighten his fingers in her hair. “This isn’t real…”

“Then it would seem the Gods are punishing us, we must have upset them horrifically in some way…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 17:49

"You don't know that." Kael shook his head. "I think the creature is beautiful. I - I think we need to give it a name."

"Lets go to the bedroom," Karina suggested, a sultry purr against his skin as she peeled herself away. Playing with her hair in coy play as she disappeared behind the bedroom door.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 17:54

“Then you name it son, if you believe it deserves a name. I shall leave that to you. You saw it first after all.”

“Yes ma’am.” Lucian grinned as he followed her, catching her by the waist and pulling her close.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 18:03

Karina laughed softly, fading to black with him. Afterwards, she made a soft noise of contentment - unable to work out where she was caught up in the bed covers or where she still lay entangled in him. Her breath hot against the crook of her neck as she made no attempt to create distance, eyes bright as she stared towards his face.

(( It's so immature fading to black but I don't want my writing of it to be atrocious 😂 ))

"Me? No. No." Kael scratched at his arm, shaking his head. "I wouldn't be able to come up with anything serious. That is something for you and father to do."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 18:09

Lucian’s arm was wrapped around her, thumb gently drawing patterns in her bare arm, his mouth pressed to her hair. “You’re staring.” He chuckled, eyes closed though able to feel her gaze.

“And I am delegating to you. You saw it first. It is you who believes in its importance… name it, son.”

((It’s what you’re comfortable with, don’t worry about it 😂))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 18:25

(( Like we've said before, bad writing of it is just embarrassing so I'm not willing to risk it 😂 ))

"You are peppered with them, so I can't help it. There are so many changes." Karina whispered, moving a hand up to touch the slither of raised skin at the base of his throat. "This is close to your artery... very close. Was it a knife?"

"Only that one, then. Not the entirety of them, if there is such a thing. I will come up with a name for that one." Kael compromised quietly.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 18:28

“Possibly… or a tooth… who knows? I don’t keep track. Too many to.”

“You’re learning the art of negotiation, well done.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 18:44

Kael laughed quietly at that, swallowing back a lump in his throat. "Thank you."

"A tooth? You have been getting into fights where people have been biting you? People in the East sound peculiar."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 18:47

“I’ve had a few run in with Vampires. Our blood is… addictive, apparently.”

“Please don’t go back. Not yet… not soon.” Isolde requested then. Asking him to stay, so that he didn’t have to ask to stay himself. “I would like you here with me, your father. Just for a while. Please?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 18:54

Kael let out a long breath, offering her a sad half-smile. "If you really need me, I suppose it would be the dutiful thing to do."

"So we encourage Conan to stay on Magnus' side, if another war occurs. Understood." Karina's face turned up in a grimace, sitting herself up onto her elbow so she could push his hair back from his face. "Your family are not going to pleased about this, the red head is unhinged but the healer - Farrah? - that cool demeanour of her makes me think it is her who I imagine would be more... calculated."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Sat 22 Jul - 19:15; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 19:10

“I don’t give a damn what anyone thinks about this. Except you.” Lucian pulled her up so she was laying on his chest, holding her close. “The Urchin knows how I feel about you. If she isn’t happy for me then I don’t know what to tell her.”

“If you wish to leave I won’t force you to stay - but I won’t lie about the fact I will sleep better at night being under the same roof as you for now.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 19:20

Karina rested her head down, closing her eyes as the warmth of his skin fell upon her cheek. Letting out a relaxed breath as her attention went onto the familiar heartbeat, "We need to keep this from Ira and Eden. They don't know you."

"I'll stay. Of course I'll stay." Kael nodded, smile faltering as the sun flickered through the window - bringing his attention towards the stables once more. "Ada and Dmitri - what.. what will happen to their bodies? The King's will want them back, won't they but..."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 19:36

“This country, our land - it was their home. Their Kings knew that when they allowed them to return here after the war without working. Their funeral will be befitting their role in your life - beloved family. And if Conan and Magnus don’t protest then I think burying them in the glade as we do with the others will be appropriate.”

“Okay, whatever you need Kari. Whatever you need.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 19:42

"If - If the King's say no then will you let me talk to them, before you and my father do?" He picked the skin on his arm, peeling it near the bark. "I'd like to be their voice, as much as I can."

"It isn't about what I need," Karina whispered. "There are even fewer things in my life that is about me since having them. They're... just perfect. If you get to know them you'll see."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 19:49

“I know how it feels, having children. I’ve done it too…”

“Yes, of course.” Isolde whispered, moving to take his hand gently.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 19:55

"Mm, no.. no they aren't like other kids." Karina denied quietly. "I have a Seer whose intuition is already coming along so well she knows when someone has forgotten their perfume and a little boy who would cry when we had eggs for breakfast before he understood the yolks weren't literal chicks. I don't know how they turned out so well, their first few years it was just me raising them, in a world we didn't belong."

"Thank you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 20:00

“Ada and Dmitri loved you very, very much. I hope you know that. Spending time with you wasnt their job, they didn’t have to do that. And yet they wanted to, and loved doing it.”

“You’re their mother, of course they turned out well.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 20:07

"You've already done it... raised a child alone." Karina swallowed, tracing patterns against his abdomen. "Don't... sugar coat this answer. Don't give the reassurance that everyone has said - that it takes a village and I have enough people to make up a village. All good intentions in the world doesnt change the fact that people are busy and there will be times where there is no one to lean on. What is going to be the hardest part, Luca? And.. and what's be the best?"

"They were crazy." Kael mused quietly, lowering his gaze to the floor. "Stepping over lines like they did constantly, when you could have had their heads for it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 22 Jul - 20:29

“The questions were the hardest part. Questions I’d never have the answers to. Questions now she’ll never have answered. Some things I could answer - her mothers favourite flowers were desert roses. Her favourite season was summer, she didn’t like food too spicy.” Lucian murmured, before taking a small breath. “But I couldn’t tell her stories about her mothers side of the family. I couldn’t tell her what her brother and sister were like - her mothers other children. I couldn’t tell her why her mother named her what she named her, if she ever lay awake at night and regretted what she’s done. If we went back there would Maeve recognise her or would she be a stranger?”

“All out of love for you. Ada fell for you the first time you painted together. She said she saw so much life in you, it just needed coaxing out of hiding from the wasting… she was right.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 22 Jul - 20:36

Kael let out a short laugh, heavy with sorrow. Leaning his head back when his eyes began to shine, a deep breath moving his chest. "I don't think I I told them I loved them, not.. not for a few days. Maybe a week."

Karina's hand moved out to the side, curling her fingers around his and bringing it in so she could kiss his knuckles softly. "And the best... which parts are the best?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next