BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 20 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Aug - 23:47

"All of Uncle Lucian's things are shinier, or sharper, or just... cooler." Cassius laughed, following his sisters gesture with more than just his gaze. Bouncing up to the stall to peer at the jewelery. "I don't like the blue ones, the red is nicer. Much, much nicer."

" 'Sira!" Tadgh bellowed, only a blur of movement as he barrelled towards them, reaching hands out clumsily to try and slow himself down before he would topple over and into her.

"Magnus said you were in good spirits when he left you." Karina whispered, leaning forward to reach her hand across the table for Thea's, "You seem distracted. Shall we go elsewhere to talk?"

"The first one is always intoxicating." Aodhän frowned, sitting up properly at his desk and pushing the papers he was reading to the side. "We knew he had a crush on her, but the 'L' word he has been throwing around a lot now, hasn't he?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Aug - 23:57

“Is it a double wedding we’re to attend when we visit?” Thea asked, pulling her hand back. “The King and the Prince marrying at the same time. One for duty; the other for love? Are you here to invite me in person? Ask if I’ll hold your flowers?” She added, tone cool as she looked up at Karina. “When you arrived here late last night the maids only made up one of the guest rooms. And yet I have two guests…”

Aesira whirred around when she heard her name called, eyebrows raising in surprise when she noticed who was coming toward her. Hand going up to signal her guard to step back as they moved forward.

“He has said it to you too then? It is… I am glad he feels he can express things with us. My father would’ve had my tongue clipped for saying anything of the sort to him. But of course it is hard to tell whether it is love he feels or if he is just being a young male and she has got his blood racing. They spend an awful lot of time together.” Isolde moved to look at the papers on his table. “Those are the scout reports from this morning? I assume that you not sending for me means that there is still no further sign of our friends?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 0:11

Karina sighed, moving her hand back and lifting her fork up to pick at her food instead. Lowering her gaze to watch her fork. "You acknowledge that he loves me then? That is a good sign, I was expecting all the accusations the Fates could have created to come from your mouth. It will only be Conan and the noble woman's wedding, of course, don't be so dramatic."

"He is like a singing bird. Maybe he has even told the birds. It is nothing more than lust, he is too young for genuine love, i doubt he even knows the meaning of it." Aodhän snorted his laughter. The smile fading to a frown as he shook his head, "Mm, no. No sign at all, some imprints near trees, where it looks like the bark has been damaged but that could be anyone - anything. It is strange."

"There you are. I have been searching for dyddiau for you, for... for anyone. It is very, very busy here, isn't it?" Tadgh spoke quickly, reaching his hand out to grab a hold of hers - mistaking her raised hand to the guard as an offering for him.3

Cassius turned from the stall, frowning as he watched his sister and the boy. "Aesira? Who is that?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 0:27

“I think he is a false pirate and that you are a fool for allowing him to manipulate you in your grief, is what I think.” Thea muttered, pushing her plate from her. “I don’t understand it Karina. I have tried since I saw you and him when I was last at your home but I just do not understand it. If Magnus died another man would never be able to come close. And I thought you would be the same with Emmett. It took you centuries to move on after Daniel and choose to open your heart to another, but mere months after Emmett? Do you see why I just simply cannot believe this is anything but manipulation? She shook her beat at Karina. “I think he has come here from wherever he came from and got into your head piece by piece and then as soon as the opportunity struck he pounced on you and in your grief you allowed it.”

“Nerissa’s jewels are still locked in my vault, so no need to worry about him giving them away to every pretty female who takes his eye.” Isolde hummed as she made her way to rest her arm on Aodhän’s. “Kael believes that the beast downstairs being so silent and no longer calling out for others is a sign that it knows the others are no longer here to come. He believes it means they have gone… do we trust that he is right, as he has gained an affinity with the beast?”

“This is my friend Tadgh, he lived in the forest…” Aesira looked at where he’d held her hand. “He’s Fae, I think he’s tribal… he’s good.”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 0:58

Karina laughed humourlessly, trying to keep her voice from wavering as she finally lifted her gaze to meet Thea's. "I don't think using the hypothetical to act as if your grief would look more classical then mine is very accurate. Nor, do I think, it is very supportive of you to compare how I have mourned both of my husbands, how I still mourn Emmett. A truth, actually, that Lucian is more than empathetic to." Shaking her head, she placed her fork down so she could grip the wedding ring around her neck, "As much as I know Emmett depised him, I know how much Emmett loved me. I know that he will want me to be happy, and with who that comes is irrelevant. The gap between him and loving someone else does not change that it is a fact." Karina took in a trembling breathing, letting go of the ring as she lowered her hand to pick up her cutlery once again, "I am not here to sit and justify my relationship to you, to sing Lucian's praises and try to convince you. Emmett loved me, and that will not ever change. Lucian and I are pursuing our feelings for each other. It doesn't matter what you think of him, it wont change either."

"A love for the help, an affinity with a monstrous beast. The boy loves to break all of the rules, doesn't he? Adores making life more complicated for himself." Aodhän laughed. "Based on the scout reports though, every one from the past few days too, it appears Kael is right. It is like these people just... left. As if they weren't even here. A good sign rather then a bad one, I hope. I dread to think they are planning an ambush."

"T- tribal." Tadgh replicated the sound, shaking his head as he struggled to understand the meaning. Bringing her hand towards his chest and patting her knuckles with his other palm to try and get her focus, speaking over the sound of his rumbling stomach, "They left. All teu- family... gone. I can't find."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 19:33

“Your family… they left you? You said they were here to find something, did they find it and then… just go? That’s awful.” Aesira frowned deeply. “This is my brother, Cassius. He lives with me.”

“Why can’t you see that he’s got you right where he wants you Karina? You are not stupid! I know you! And yet you have allowed yourself to be blinded. If our situations were reversed you know you would be saying the same to me.”

“I think it is almost a benchmark of any young royal to have a dalliance with the help. It’s the falling in love that I’m surprised by.” Isolde laughed softly. “It’ll be fine. He’ll either take her on as a mistress or it’ll fizzle out, nothing of consequence mm? As for our… friends… hopefully they have realised we are not to be messed with and they have disappeared for good.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 19:50

"A people like that, who have a weapon such as the one we have in our cells, to think some thorns and vines will scare them away just sounds nonsensical to me." He answered gravely.

"He would give up his found family for me, his ship and crew. I have questioned it, I have had the conversations to determine how invested he is. Not only has he said the right things, but his actions - over the past few weeks especially, have proven it to be true." Karina laughed curtly. "You hated Daniel at first, and then Emmett too. We have different taste in men, but it is only you who ever tries to derail my affections for them. I will not lower myself to your level, I will not start insulting Magnus as you always have my lovers. Our visit to the Fae was..." She swallowed, "Well, it doesn't matter."

Cassius lifted a hand to wave, before seeming to remember who he was and where they were. Straightening his shoulders and merely nodding a respectful acknowledgment to Tadgh instead. "Our dad never said there were Fae people here."

Tadgh finally glanced toward Cassius, opening his mouth to speak only to get distracted by the market stall behind him. Pushing past the young Prince, losing any stealth he had previously held, and reaching across the table to grab the sandwich the stall holder had prepared for their left from the chair behind. Stuffing it into his mouth unceremoniously.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 20:01

“He says he will do that. But you really think he’d be willing to leave behind the people who he raised his child with? And if he did what does that say about him? That he’s willing to leave behind people of so much importance without a care? And what has changed now? He is still a prince. You are still a Seer. You ended it the first time because of all that entailed. You could be pregnant with his child for real this time and not just a scare like the last. What then Karina?”

“Then I must get used to caring for an infant again.” Lucian answered as he entered the hall, heading to Karina and gently resting his hand on her shoulder. “Nobody will ever be good enough for your sister in your eyes. So that means that she is doomed to be alone because why settle for less than perfection?”

“They could have realised just how strong our ancestors are. We have fought for this land with our blood before and we would do it again if pushed.”

“Tadgh that’s stealing! You can’t!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 20:49

Karina loosened a breath, her hand raising to rest it in top of Lucian's as she leant back in her seat. Offering Thea a wicked grin as she corrected Lucian, "No, no Lucian. Perfection does exist, it sits embodied in front of us, don't you see? My sister has her nose turned up the wrong way because you being in the picture reduces her chances of pressuring me to move here. A thing she has been placing the pressure on me for since before my husband departed. Were you elated when Emmett was killed, Thea? Did you think it would be a done deal I would come here?"

"You must be hungry." Cassius laughed in amusment. His smile faltering when Tadgh gulped, the last bits of the sandwich falling from his hands. "How long have your family been gone?"

"Gone? Oh." Tadgh cast his gaze upwards, noting where the sun was in the sky. Eyes glinting, sadness creeping into his expression, not looking to them as he whispered his response, "Five... five days."

"Our ancestors are powerful."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 21:08

“Yes. I really enjoyed my husbands pain. The thought of your children growing up without a father. Seeing you broken. It was top tier fucking entertainment for me, Karina.” Thea seethed, standing up quick enough to send her chair flying. “How dare you!”

“Very powerful. And stronger than ever.” Isolde hummed before her face lit up as she recalled. “Lord Harlow sent word this morning that his wife gave birth last week. There were two Aodhän. She delivered two boys. When was the last time you heard of a twin birth? Even longer since the birth of both healthy. Our ancestors are letting us know they’re pleased.”

“If your family are gone… where have you been staying? I didn’t find you in the forest last I looked.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 21:23

"How dare I?" She questioned, calmness sweeping across her. "I state what I see, it isn't my fault if you struggle to see a mirror held up to your actions. I came here to speak to you about this in person, so it wasn't idle gossip to you because I respect you enough for it. You, though, do not respect me. You do not respect my feelings. You use Emmett as a weapon against me, I don't appreciate it and I won't stand for it."

"Farms... horses. I went looking for them, now came looking for you."

"Twins? Oh. That is brilliant news." Aodhän grinned. "We must send them a gift, a congratulations. It has been closer to centuries than decades. I think I must have been a sapling myself, the last time I heard of it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 21:41

“I’m sure if we sent out someone to the villages we’d be met with more news of births, pregnancies. All strong children coming from it. Those who came here intent on destroying us would’ve seen it all. Seen how we’ve come back so strong after we clawed back our land. See that we’re not to be messed with. Our halls have always been full, but they’ll be full again with children soon enough again. We have a future now where before it was uncertain. They probably cannot see a future for their own people if anything happens to the ones they have.”

“Do you know where your mama may have gone?”

“It is not my fault you are too scared to be alone for a moment after Emmett’s death so you allowed yourself to be manipulated by this prat!”

“Prince Prat, to you, my lady. I fear we’re no longer being polite here, and - “ Lucian barely had time to turn his face as Thea launched her cup at him, shattering on the wall.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 21:55

Karina's nostrils flared momentarily, pushing herself to standing. Palms resting on the table as she leaned across it, narrowing her eyes at Thea, "I think your husband is nothing but an illusionist and part of that illusion is one of the most powerful Seers as his wife. You should have seen him with the fae Queen, singing her praises to a stranger, bonding with her as if she hadn't commanded her men to violate you for sport, rather than war."

"She wasn't here, just pa, me and the other men... boys." Tadgh gulped. "Don't know where they are, gone. All the things have gone, madra - uh... dog... has gone too."

"You can't stay sleeping in strangers stablesm" Cassius frowned, reaching to grab his sisters elbow. "He should come home with us."

"On the subject of children, and celebrations, our dearest Captain Hawk and ex Seer Florence still have the audacity to give me the cold shoulder after my suggestion." Aodhän scoffed. "It is downright insulting. This mate bond makes him insufferably rude."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 22:04

“He is getting worse. I imagine it’s only going to ramp up. I’m sure you remember the feeling. It wasn’t all that long ago you experienced it yourself, the need to protect your pregnant partner. He’ll plateau out soon enough I imagine. However don’t tolerate rudeness. Tell him to kerb the attitude.”

“But what will mama and dad say? What if they try send him back?”

Thea chuckled at that, not even intending to make the sound. “You realise how ridiculous that sounds when you’re not aware of even half the offers Magnus has had over the years for his hand? Kings offering their daughters, sisters. Merchants with enough money to wipe their asses with it. Yet his power play was to marry me and risk losing access to Seers all together from the Gurdians? Sure Karina, sure.”/

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 22:17

"Marrying the daughter of King's, or their sisters paints elitism to his people. Not a happy-go-lucky romantic. Magnus is an egotistical maniac and if he actually gave a shit about you then he would not have been so pally with the Fae bitch." Karina let out a breath; shaking her head sympathetically. "His smoke and mirror act has clearly even worked on you. Now, that is manipulation."

"Back to where? If he is lost.." Cassius cast Tadgh a glance, grimacing and adding in a whisper, "Abandoned, then there is no where to send him."

"The people will see the woman is expecting at the sacrifice tonight. She is showing now, there are already whispers of it. If they want it to be so uncontrolled then they may, my hospitality is too thin now." Aodhän shook his head. "Are we prepared for later? Is everything in place?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 22:44

“She’s your sister Karina. Above all… I know neither of you want to say things you may regret.” Lucian whispered gently.

“You’re painting moral superiority like your current partner didn’t assault you within moments of meeting you again despite you saying no. So he’s wore you down. He’s pillaged, he’s stolen. Probably maimed countless people as a fucking pirate. And then let’s not discount the fact he has a disfigured daughter because he was sleeping with her married mother. Happy being the other man. Happy loving a woman who’ll injure babies to hide her infidelity before giving her up like trash because it failed. The person he wanted last tried to kill your best friend Dagmar - an amazing taste in women mm?!”

“You leave my daughter out of this you jumped up, sanctimonious, glorified fucking concubine.” Lucian hissed, hand digging into Karina’s shoulder without warning as his demeanour slipped.

“It’s hard to understand where he came from. To understand… a lot of what he says.” Aesira whispered.

“The tailor found me this morning. My dress is finished, your suit and Kael’s shall be within the hour.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 23:00

Karina launched her weight across the table, simultaneous to Lucian's retort. Hands scrambling to aim a singular and precise slap across Thea's face - her nails poised to draw blood from it. "You are a malicious little bitch. Words shooting to fucking kill. It is my choice who I share a bed with Thea, learn to keep your damn nose out."

"Good." Aodhän grinned. "Kael was younger at the last one, he couldn't appreciate it as much as he can now."

"We worked out enough. He is here alone.. what else do we do?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 23:27

“You accuse me of going too far?!” Thea screamed as she was slapped, shoving Karina back over the table before kicking it out of the way entirely, sending the contents flying and the plates and glasses shattering on the floor. “Bringing up what the Fae did? Accusing me of trying to wound when it is you who struck first?!” She seethed, blinking rapidly to disperse tears in her eyes. “After everything that’s what you go to? Did bringing up how I was raped by the Fae make you feel good Karina? Get a kick out of all the ways you mulled over how to talk about it, see which one would hurt the most?! Hope you get a little laugh out of it on the way home. Enjoy the journey.” She turned, stepping over broken plates and food on the floor as she headed toward the door.

“He seemed excited when I last spoke to him about it. Talking about his mothers flowers, the offerings he was going to make. Adding on extra for Ada and Dmitri too… for Seagrave.”

“They’ll tell me off… I saw him in the forest before and didn’t say anything. What is they get mad?” Aesira whispered.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 23:37

The air left Karina with a 'hmph' as she was pushed, hissing through her teeth as some of the shattered glass caught against her lower arm and blood began to leak out. "As much of a kick as you implying I am betraying Emmett by not grieving as you see fit. You had no intention of talking about anything, you wanted to fucking manipulate as much as Queen Isolde did, serpents tongues that know exactly what words to emphasis. I will not get on my knees for you too!"

Cassius shook his head, taking his sisters hands and squeezing tightly. "You may of, but I was there too. Right? Not just you." He encouraged the lie with a nod, glancing briefly towards their guards to check if they were being listened to.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Aug - 23:44

Aesira nodded, squeezing her brothers hand tightly. “Okay…”

“Let’s get that seen to.” Lucian grimaced as he caught sight of the blood on Karina’s arm. “And then I think we should leave… before Magnus forces us to.”

Thea waited until she was out of earshot before letting out a sob, hand clapping to her mouth to suppress the noise. Quickly making her way up the stairs and through the castle until she could no longer keep herself together. Pushing into one of the unoccupied guest rooms and rushing to the bathroom to throw up.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Aug - 23:59

"I don't need seeing to." Karina answered, tone harsher than she thought it was, having intended to make the dull ache from her heart. Turning to face him and resting a palm on the centre of his chest, "She went too far bringing Kenna into this, and Kenna's mother. I'm sorry."

"Ma'am?" Lillia, a plump, older handmaiden with auburn-brown hair spoke gently. The sound of the door of the guest quarters clicking shut behind her. "Ma'am, do I need to request healers for you?"

Cassius smiled brightly, dragging her closer to Tadgh whom had become distracted by another market place stall. "Come on, let's go home." He encouraged cheerfully, Tadgh's attention dragging away from the carved pieces of art as his arm was grabbed by the boy.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 16 Aug - 0:05

“No. And you are forbidden from telling anyone that I am here or that I have been unwell.” Thea bit out as she heaved over the toilet once more. “Just go…”

“I said my piece and made her aware of my thoughts regarding her. I say she and I are even now. I can’t see her forgetting what either of us said any time soon.” Lucian moved to rest his hand over hers. “We are in a castle with a species that can sniff out your injury from the other side of the building. It would make me feel better if you were to get it cleaned and stitched.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 16 Aug - 0:18

"As you wish, Ma'am." The woman whispered, hesitating for just a moment before stepping out of the room. Clearly not having heeded the order as she should of, however, as the door opened again barely five minutes later. Magnus' voice filling the space next, "T? I was told you requested me, but why in here? You hate this room."

"It is superficial, it was a nick, nothing more." She assured, leaning forward to brief touch her forehead to the side of his. "Lets just leave. If we set up camp in the forest between here and home then we can have one night before someone else reminds me that if he could see me, he'd be broken."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 16 Aug - 0:23

“I didn’t request you. Fire the person who said I did and go away.” Thea mumbled from the bathroom where she’d pulled herself into a ball, head still against her knees. “She was forbidden. She can’t listen to orders. Silly woman. Stupid.”

“I’m sorry she couldn’t be happy for you,” Lucian gently brushed his hand across her face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 16 Aug - 0:45

"Right away, as you wish it." Magnus whispered, approaching the bathroom door and resting one palm against the wood. "She did seem rather concerned though, that wide-eyed panicked look that they get. Are you okay in there?"

"I don't want them to be 'happy', things like that aren't important. I will expect the whispers from strangers, from staff, I am certain there will be rumours that question how loyal I was to him. I expect my children to be confused, to struggle. It hurts though... an unbelievable amount... for my sister to imply all she did." Taking in a breath, she lowered her gaze to the floor. "I am already struggling to recall the little things. Where exactly on my waist he put his hand, how exactly the lifts of his voice sounded. I - Luca after you, after Daniel.. I spent so many hours just watching him to engrain him in my mind just in case and he's already fading."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next