BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 40 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 17:12

“Best not mention that the girl he’s speaking to is his backup bride should we fail at finding one better, mm?” Isolde let out a small laugh before allowing herself and Aodhän to be guided to the front row by one of the ushers.

“I think that Karina could not be alone again after Emmett… and I think for all the wrong I’ve apparently done to be with Conan that judging her would be wrong.” Dagmar grimaced. “It was unkind of her to call Thea a trophy though, but it seems like at that point they were just throwing insults to deliberately hurt one another - their favourite game to play.”

“I imagine my dancing will be better than yours. You are gangly like a baby deer on ice. It is I who should be worried about toes.”

Fiadh snorted at that, moving her hand to her mouth to disguise the noise as a laugh, free hand digging into Kael’s arm as she tried to restrain herself from full blow laughter.

“We look strong.” Lucian affirmed to himself and to Conan, patting his cousins arm. “We look good, cousin. Remind me to give the wedding planners a bonus, and the staff… the work has paid off… you look like your father, too. Some of those here will remember him, it’s good.”

“Not unless you have any tips on how to make him forget that I am not the woman he actually wants. Especially… you know… tonight.” Liara grimaced as she stood up, taking her brothers arm.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 17:26

"Sparkling alcohol, the more bubbles the better and perhaps a small amount of root smoking throughout the day. Just make sure you aren't seen doing it, it would be unbecoming of the new Queen." He laughed quietly. "You will do wonderfully. Just be his friend, you will reap the benefits of it all. Try not to trip over on your way down the aisle too, of course."

Conan let out a slow breath, merely nodding in response. Clasping his arm around Lucian's shoulder and squeezing his upper arm gently. "Everyone is almost sat down. Not long now..."

"I swear on the ancestors, if I so much as hear a giggle from you Seagrave, I will throw you into the sea with the selkies on our way home." Kael jested, pushing his shoulder into hers roughly. Opening his move to quip something in response to Aesira, though all that came out was his own laughter.

"I thought that was a good burn." Cassius whispered to his sister.

"Thea was showing concern. Karina was out of order. It is the last thing I am going to say on the matter." Magnus muttered coldly, adding as he walked away to find Tgea; "Enjoy the wedding."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 17:36

“The no tripping part is definitely your job. That’s why I have you walking with me… I’m also making it your job to keep me supplied with all the bubbles necessary to get me through today.”

“It’s going to be okay.” Lucian assured. “Just say the words, nobody’s asking you to mean them. Once the ceremony is over it’ll be acceptable to drink - nothing unusual about the King drinking on his wedding day.”

“Not bratty, fiery. Maybe not as stifled as I first thought. Maybe it’s because she’s a half breed, the other half is popping through the Angel.” Fiadh chuckled quietly, shoving Kael back with a grin.

“He was just as bad as me during that dance!” Aesira muttered in annoyance to her brother.

Dagmar swallowed thickly as she watched Magnus leave, waiting until everyone else was seated before downing another drink and taking a seat at the back.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 17:51

"I hope you warned the caters that we will be getting through an obscene amount of alcohol today." Conan laughed quietly. Waiting until Dagmar had sat before leaning in to whisper to his cousin, "Do I thank them for coming now, or is that to be done afterwards? I can never remember that part."

"He just being a meanie." Cassius whispered. "Ignore him, he wants 'tenttion." Rolling his shoulders back, he sat himself up properly when his father's posture changed. "We need to look smart for dad."

"That must be it." Kael laughed.

"Are you okay?" Magnus whispered as he took his seat beside Thea, gently resting his hand against the small of her back. "I heard you having a moment with Isolde."

"It shall be one for me, and two for you, sister. Every time."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 17:54

“Later, in the speeches.”

“I let her know I knew about her little demonic spawn she’s cooking. Spoiled that they’re having a girl too. Stupid bitch.” Thea muttered, though mostly to herself as she leaned into Magnus.

“Then all is set.” Liara nodded.

“We do look smart. It’s all okay.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 18:05

"And what benefit did that have to making today pleasant?" He reprimanded quietly, swallowing thickly. "I can't support you like I want to. Not if you go looking for fights, Thea. Please, try and hold it in today."

"More to looking smart then being dressed smart, need to sit up - pay attention. That's what Nia says when we have those etiquette lessons."

"Later.. right. Okay." Conan breathed, turning then so his back was to the the guests, lifting his head up to look at the ceiling whilst waiting for the ceremony to begin.

"Then, here we go..." Alastair whispered, pausing outside of the chapel doors.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 18:09

“I’ve ruined her day, that’s all I needed.” Thea reassured. “I’ll behave from now. I just needed her to have some joy stripped from her before I could sit easy. It’s all okay now.”

“I am doing! Shh! Speak when spoken to is also what Nia says!”

“Don’t let me trip… or fall… or throw up.” Liara nodded, squeezing her brothers arm and trying to swallow down the sickly feeling rising in her throat as an usher gestured and the harps began to play.

Lucian gently steered Conan to face the front of the chapel toward the priest, clapping him on the shoulder in support.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 18:21

"Don't 'shh' me, that's rude." Cassius frowned, glaring at her from his peripheral.

Magnus swallowed back his response, twisting on his seat as the music sounded to watch the entrance of the bride.

"It is nothing more than pretend, you used to play pretend weddings with the Hyun girls. That is all this is, only.. lots of families are playing." Alastair reassured, squeezing her arm gently. Taking the first, tentative step to guide her into the Chapel as the doors opened for them.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 18:55

Liara walked beside her brother, breathing shaky though otherwise she would have looked composed as she walked up the aisle. Looking forward and ignoring as everyone looked toward her.

“I mean… the dress is pretty but… plain. Where is the colour? The nature? She’s just adorned with jewels. No flowers?” Fiadh tutted under her breath, whispering so only Kael could hear. “Where’s the rosiness on her cheeks? Leaves in her hair? Where’s the fun?”

Dagmar’s jaw tightened as Liara walked past her. She too was doing her best to stay forward facing as it was in cooks several people in the pews were looking between them with whispered comparisons. Folding her hands tightly in her lap.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 19:10

"The angels themselves are plain," Kael whispered his response, laughter threatening to burst. "If we knew if the woman was allergic you and I could add details as she walked, or at least have flowers rain on top of her like some.. enchanted story. It would be magical. Albeit, if she breaks out with a swollen face, I think my father may give me a black eye."

"She appears like a wallflower, doesn't she?" Aodhän mused, only briefly glancing over his shoulder to watch Liara. "How a kingdom will run if that is true, the two of their personalities would be far too similar."

Alastair leant in as he walked, "Lift your feet up a little higher, so you don't stand on your dress."

Conan tapped his finger against his own knuckles, slow and precise. A silent countdown from ten before he would allow himself to turn enough, his first glance as ever, going straight to Dagmar - offering a reserved smile before falling where it should have been, to his bride.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 19:22

“The family. It is always the family where a Queen consort is concerned. That brother of hers will have his hands all over.” Isolde snorted as she took heed of all of them.

“I’ll make sure you are greeted with a flowing waterfall of flowers on your own wedding day, no expense spared.” Fiadh chuckled quietly.

“Sorry.” Liara whispered almost silently, holding her brothers arm a little tighter as she did as she was told. Flashing a smile in return at Conan, not noticing that he hadn’t even looked at her first.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 19:34

"Being married to a monarch, I also understand that burden only it is my son pulling the strings rather than anyone my age or older." Aodhän sighed dramatically.

"I would adore that, every moment of it. You better make it happen now or I will be disappointed." Kael laughed then, loud enough for people, including Cassius, to whip around in their chair and glare.

"The Fae Crown Prince is having a bit too much fun with his mistress." Magnus mused lowly, lifting his head to peer across other people to look at Kael.

"Ignore it, ignore it." Alastair spoke softly, squeezing her arm once more as they came to a stop in front of Conan and Lucian. Ducking his head respectfully, "King Zaretsky. It is my honour to present to you today, my cherished sister, the brightest we have, Liara Zhao."

"Your designer and seamstress done a marvellous job, Liara." Conan smiled, offering his hand out to take hers. "You are glowing in that dress."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 19:45

“Thank you Sir; I had it made to compliment your suit. They definitely did do a marvellous job.” Liara nodded, squeezing her brothers hand and glancing back at him before taking Conan’s.

“Such a burden.” Isolde murmured, head whipping round to Kael, grip on Aodhän tightening.

“At least someone here is actually happy. If it weren’t for the guards checking everyone to make sure they had no weapons on the way in I’d be half worried Dagmar was going to go up and behead the poor bride.” Thea murmured as she looked around, from the front, to the back and then to Kael. “You were right when you said he was… full of life…”

“Shhh.” Fiadh hushed, eyes wide as she put her hand to Kael’s lips, clearly struggling to contain her own laughter. Moving her free hand to gently squeeze Kael’s thigh as a distraction.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 19:53

"Let us hope the dignitaries from the East find his exuberance... charming." Aodhän tensed to, turning his hand over beneath hers to interlock their fingers and squeeze.

Kael opened his mouth, brushing his teeth against Fiadh's finger playfully before catching his mother's gaze and slumping a little in his seat to avoid it. Whispering, "Ops."

"I do wonder how long it will take before that life begins to fade." Magnus grimaced, turning his attention back to the Bride and Groom.

Conan ducked his head, lifting her hand up as he done so and kissing her knuckles. Lightly tugging her up the step so she was beside him at the altar.

Alastair offered a smile, taking his seat at the front.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 19:59

“If he were not too tall for me to reach that stupid head of his.” Isolde seethed, shaking her head and turning to the front.

“Maybe we should find somewhere to hide later on.” Fiadh snorted, curling into Kael’s side as she shook with silent laughter drill.

“Hopefully never…”

Liara visibly relaxed as Conan kissed her hand, offering him a genuine smile this time as she squeezed his hand a little. Looking over to the priest as he spoke to begin the ceremony.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 20:10

Conan turned his full focus onto the ceremony, speaking when prompted with a steady tone. His hand, however, stayed in Liara's. Periodically squeezing it tightly, when he felt himself began to tremble under the stares and the pressure, or whenever it became harder to breathe. Shoulders tensing, biting down on his tongue in anticipation when the priest addressed the room to ask if anyone had issues with the wedding going ahead.

Cassius also tensing in his seat, knuckles white as he gripped the edge to keep himself from sating a word. Turning his head to the back of the room toward his mother, a silent plea.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://bestfruit4eva.forumotion.com/t462-hope-falls
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40