BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls Empty Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 20:19

Dagmar’s breath caught in her chest when she realises that more than a few eyes were on her, face reddening with humiliation as she kept her gaze forward, physically biting her tongue to avoid saying anything as she willed people to look away once more.

“No… Cass… she can’t.” Aesira whispered, gently nudging her brother to turn forward.

Liara too tensed up, though after the moment had passed she relaxed once more

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Hope Falls Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 20:26

Cassius twisted back around as his sisters encouragement, though couldn't bring himself to watch anymore of it. His hair falling forward to conceal his face as he ducked his head, breathing beginning to tremor as he held back silent cries.

When given permission by the priest, Conan reached across to rest a palm to Liara's cheek - keeping her there to lean in and touch his lips to hers. Holding it long enough to appear convincing.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 20:32

Liara leaned in too, it being clear that she had been going for an actual kiss. Though quickly realising her mistake and swallowing thickly, whispering a shaky; “I’m sorry.” Briefly and lightly pressing her lips to his, pulling away just as the crown was placed on top of her head.

Aesira moved to hold her brother close, wrapping both arms around him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 20:40

Cassius lifted his hands up to grip his sisters arms tightly, shaking against her as an almost silent sob found its way out.

"Welcome to your Kingdom, Queen Zaretsky. Long live the Queen." Conan offered a genuine, if not awkward smile. "The people have been waiting for you, your people have been waiting for you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 20:51

“It’s gonna be okay… I promise.” Aesira assured, gently rocking her brother, pulling him up onto her knee

“Ladies, gentlemen, your King and Queen.” Lucian announced to the room, encouraging them to stand with his hands before leading around of applause.

“Thank you, Sir.” Liara gave him a tentative smile. Keeping hold of Conans hand as she turned to face her audience.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 21:01

Alastair stood from his seat almost instanteously to applause, taking only a moment to glance at those sat around him and tap behind their feet with his own to get them up.

"Horrific." Kael mumbled, edging forward on his pew. Leaning across, rather than standing up with the other guests, so he could rest one hand on Aesira's arm and the other against Cassius' back. Whispering, "You are both like me now, two mothers. It isn't a terrible thing, even if right now it feels it."

Magnus glanced behind to Dagmar as he stood to join in the applause, offering a sympathetic smile.

"We walk past them, and then we completely empty out my families alcohol cellars. You will be unable to play your harp, all of your languages will meld into one big slur. It will be wonderful." Conan whispered in her ear with a nervous chuckle.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 21:11

Dagmar didn’t notice Magnus, eyes trained on Conan and Liara. Chest straining as she held in her sobs, though using her hands to clap with the rest of the crowd rather than wipe the tears that had begun to fall down her cheeks.

“It is when the new mother is to replace the other one…” Aesira shook her head, gently kissing the top of Cassius’. “I got you, I promise. I got you.”

Fiadh stood and begun to clap, hoping that Kael’s absence doing so wouldn’t draw attention.

“Sounds like a plan.” Liara chuckled nervously, turning to find her brother and grinning at him as she and Conan stepped off the dias to music that began to play upon Lucian’s signal.

“Please, the newlyweds invite you all to join us in the main ballroom for the rest of the festivities. Our people are at your disposal. Eat, drink, dance and sing to your hearts content, save some room for the entertainment later when the sky darkens!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 21:27

As the crowd began to move put, following right behind Conan and Liara, Kael got to his feet and simply stepped over the pews as if he were stepping over a rock in the forest. Sitting in the place Cassius had once occupied."Look, look." He encouraged, cupping his hands together and opening them to reveal minute flowers, violets. "These flowers are wonderful alone, and together they compliment each other too of course but do you know what makes their beauty really stand out?" Exhaling, the bright orange carnations scattered around his out stretched hand. "You need the carnations around the main event, don't you?"

"We are- aren't fl- flowers. Th- that's stupid. Does- doesn't even make sense." Cassius sniffled.

Karina slid arms around Dagmar's shoulders as people began to filter out, guiding her into one of the side rooms attached to the chapel for privacy.

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 21:34

Dagmar allowed herself to be moved, saying nothing as she was lead into the small room and the door closed behind them. Moving to her knees and wrapping her arms around herself.

“He is saying we are like flowers… dad and the lady are the plain ones… but we are the nice colourful ones…” Aesira swallowed, rubbing Cassius’ arm gently. “He’s being nice Cass.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 21:43

"It's so stupid! It isn't nice, it's stupid!" Cassius yelled, pulling away from his sister and shuffling to the corner of the pew. Curling in on himself.

"Give this lady a chance," Kael encouraged quietly, getting to his feet as he looked between them. "You may find out you like her a lot more than you first thought. Everyone deserves to be given that ontial kindness. Marrying for love is a privilege not many people have."

Aodhän paused on his way out, stood in the aisle with his focus being once more on Kael. Whispering to Isolde, "We need to encourage him outside, this is going to be when everyone is mingling. Comforting sobbing children isn't going to help."

Karina dropped to sit beside her, arms tight around her as she pulled her into a tight hug. "You were very brave then," She praised gently, "You've been so selfless today, Dagmar, well done. Well done."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 21:54

“Mama wanted to marry dad. But she can’t because nobody likes her l, so he had to marry this lady. And that’s hurting mama real bad and Cass doesn’t - he’s just not old enough to understand that stuff we don’t like has to happen sometimes.” Aesira said sadly, folding her hands on her lap. “But thank you mister, for trying. He’s just small…”

“It’s good, building relationships though. Give him a few moments.” Isolde hummed, patting his arm as she waited for the rest of the crowd to fizzle to the ballroom.

Dagmar shook her head, exhaling shakily. Not trusting herself to speak.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 22:08

Karina was silent too, only holding her close.

"Kael. My name is Prince Kael Deòir." Kael whispered. "I remember your mother, from the war. When mine was very ill, she reminded me how to breath - I still forget sometimes but, that was the first. She is a lovely lady."

Aodhän huffed his impatience, lifting his head to watch the crowd begin to thin out. "I wonder what their entertainment will be - angels flying in the air with torches?"

"A wonderful ceremony, Prince Zaretsky." Alastair praised Lucian quietly. "It appears to be running smoothly so far, there were far less uncomfortable moments then I expected."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 22:19

“Y-you should go out there. Be with - be with the children and the other Seers. And Lucian… it’s your first dance where you’re t-together, openly. Go dance.” Dagmar encouraged after a while, voice shaky as she struggled to keep it from cracking. “I think I need some time alone.”

“I think a sacrifice would be too much to wish for, they’re not quite so entertaining.” Isolde snorted, squeezing his hand gently. “How do you feel about the news we received earlier?”

“People think my mama isn’t good enough for him. And that because we are half her - we are not good enough to be in charge. So dad needs to marry someone who is good enough, and have more babies that are good enough… and maybe one day I will have to do the same as my dad, marry someone and not be happy, because that’s what we have to do sometimes…”

“I dare say the ceremony went without a hitch, Alistair.” Lucian nodded with a grin. “I think we both deserve a drink after pulling it off.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 22:32

"It is what we have to do, you're right. It is the way things work, and it is the people we trust who decide who we end up with. I know my mother will find me a wonderful wife, and though she isn't going to be Fia, I will be her partner and we will support each other regardless." Kael moved out from the pews, offering one hand to Aesira, the other to Cassius. "Come now, this is not how Royalty behave. We do not stay at the back of the crowd, hide from them. We lead, we dance, we laugh."

(( You tell 'em Kael - Live, Laugh, Love))

"News? Oh." Aodhän laughed, shaking his head. "We don't know if she is telling the truth. The fact that she saw any child is a reassurance, it has not taken anything away from us. If anything, isn't it a relief to know that she will be here safely?"

"I promised Conan I would make sure you were okay today. I can't leave you whilst you are so upset."

"I can not drink as much as I would like too." He chuckled. "If news comes in that my fiancè has had enough of carrying the child, if the child is eager to see the world... a clear head will get me to them sooner. My job today is keeping my sisters glass topped up, I imagine you have the same with your cousin."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 22:44

“I was so sure that it would be a boy. I don’t know why, I just… had a feeling. Who knows if she’s lying or not mm? But you are right. A growing number of Seers have had a vision of our child. I can’t take it any other way but positively. The ancestors are sending us so many signs that this our future.”

Aesira hesitated before nodding, using her free hand to reach toward Cassius to encourage him to do the same.

“Please Kari? I just - I need some time to compose myself. So I don’t embarrass myself further with more tears. I need to muster up some dignity…”

“Ah, he has indeed requested a glass in his hand at all times.” Lucian nodded with a laugh. “How was your sister before the wedding, no cold feet I hope?”

((😂😂))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 22:54

"I disliked the 'animalistic' comment, though had she not been invading your personal space as she was then perhaps I could have contained myself better."

"No, nothing of the sort. She was insisted that I did not forget about her, shared regrets that Vivian could not attend with us and stressed she would not know the difference between people. She stated her only confidence was she would know Queen Isolde because of her hair." He offered a warm smile, clasping his shoulder. "My sister wishes for nothing more than to slot into your family, Your Highness. She knows your cousins heart will not be hers, she just.. wants to feel welcome." Alastair clicked his tongue, trying to determine who could hear as he asked, "What of your cousin? How much encouragement did he need?"

Cassius made a noise of shock as, when he curled in on himself further, Kael simply grabbed his arm and forced him to his feet.

Kael's other free hand taking Aesira as he led them down the aisle and ahead of his own parents, calling over his shoulder to Fiadh, "Come on, Fia, let's teach the angel heirs how to dance properly."

Karina got to her feet with a disgruntled noise, heading towards the door and slipping out with another sound. Smoothing down her dress as she walked down the side of the chapel towards Lucian.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 23:04

“He knew he was doing the right thing. I wasn’t afraid of him backing out. I can’t lie to you and say he thoroughly enjoyed himself but, I honestly expected him to react worse. I believe the night will go smoothly.” Lucian nodded in assurance.

Dagmar waited until Karina was gone before moving to wedge herself into the corner of the prayer room, burying her face in her hands and beginning to sob brokenly.

“You managed much better than I was expecting, I was expecting you to get physical. Though maybe it is sheer luck she decided to try her chances whilst you still have more control over yourself, rather than later when we know that will wane.” Isolde glanced over as she watched Kael leave the room with Conans children, Fiadh following close behind. “He’s going to be wonderful with his sibling isn’t he? The compassion he shows is almost enough to make me not want to admonish him for the outburst earlier.” She mused with a light chuckle.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 23:15

"Here comes your pretty little Seer. I had noticed that whilst everyone looked to our King and Queen, her eyes were only ever on you, for the most part at least." Alistair mused his amusment, raising an eyebrow as Karina stopped and glanced over her shoulder - back toward the room she had come from. "I didn't pin her to be one impressed with the shiny things you normally adorn, she appears more... straightforward."

"It was difficult. It isn't going to be long." Aodhän mumbled. "I did question, in that moment, if allowing Kael to bring Fiadh was a good idea. It is becoming apparent that he is too lovesick to distinguish when he is representing us and when he can be.. him."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 23:20

“I don’t think we had much of a choice in allowing her to come. He was adamant. And unfortunately at his size we cannot force him to do anything.” Isolde laughed as they made their way into the ball room, glancing around at the decorations before eyeing Conan in the crowd.

“She’s impressed by far more than my jewellery. Don’t you worry.” Lucian snorted, frowning as he watched Karina, trying to discern what she was doing.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 23:28

"I can't imagine there being a point in our sons life where we can not persuade him out or into something." Aodhän hummed, glancing towards the drinks being carried by waiters. "None of these people seem to have water, which is what you need. You've barely drank today."

"To... the rest of our lives, I suppose." Conan whispered, hesitantly tapping his glass against Liara's. "This is strange, isn't it? It felt easier to talk before today."

Karina sighed, continuing through the building to join them. Both of her hands resting against Lucian's lower arm, as she offered Alastiar a polite smile, "Congratulations to you, Lord Zhao. Not many men get to have a Queen for a sister. Prince Lucian mentioned you were expecting a child with your own fiancè soon, so of course, congratulations for that too. I hope you are prepared for many sleepless nights."

"There is not much sleep now, so I am being weaned in I believe."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 23:38

“You said that this morning too, about food.” Isolde chuckled, resting her palm on his cheek. “I am fine, my love. The little seedling is fine too. I just tire a little more for now - if anything I am grateful this wedding took place now rather than in a few months time when I know I’ll feel the effects of pregnancy more.”

“We didn’t have so much of an audience before today did we?” Liara asked as she tapped her glass against his in return before putting it to her lips and drinking deeply. “I’m sorry, if I overstepped earlier. I think I got swept up in the moment… sorry, again.”

“I would say it gets better after a few years but decades in and I still have sleepless nights over my daughter so… welcome to the rest of your life.” Lucian laughed, wrapping an arm around Karina and pressing a kiss to her temple.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Aug - 23:46

"You didn't. No, it's an acceptable expectation to have and..." Conan grimaced. "It is what these people would have needed to see, to know that we are serious. I could just see her breaking from the back of the room, she couldn't even sit with our children today.. I was worried she would be beyond repair if it would have been more than what it was."

"As soon as the child has arrived, I will be able to drink without the worry of being called away. That will be a relief in itself, and may help me sleep better."

"You men enjoy making it about you, don't you?" Karina chuckled, closing her eyes when Lucian kissed her. "I should hope when your child arrives, you shall be abstaining from alcohol to allow the mother to sleep, Lord Zhao."

"Why, for the most part of cause, though we will have nannies."

"I was right then aswell, tell me when the last time you had a glass of water was?" He challenged with a frosty frown, leaning toward her touch.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 29 Aug - 23:54

“Maybe her coming wasn’t the best idea… but it is over now, and she is no longer here. But we are still expected to play the part…”

“It certainly was a wonderful idea to pay someone else to look after the children other than the parents, wasn’t it?” Lucian grinned.

“Fine, fine. I cannot remember. Though I feel fine, I promise. We are fine.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Aug - 0:00

"No," Aodhän answered bluntly, turning his face to kiss the palm of her hand before moving away from her to single out a member of staff. Returning soon afterwards with a glass of iced water, holding it out to her, "Stay hydrated Isolde. The Seer may be seeing this child but we need to ensure that they continent to see you aswell."

"I will never understand why so many people are opting to raise the children without the help. I would rather have quality family time with my children then be half asleep and barely able to remember their milestones."

Karina choked on her scoff, lifting her hand up to cover her mouth. "Excuse me."

"We are." Conan hummed with a sad smile, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "How is the music- have you seen anything? Played anything for anyone?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Aug - 0:11

“Champagne is a dry drink isn’t it, my love?” Lucian chuckled. “I assume you have come to find me because you enjoy my company and not because you have seen something so horrible that Lord Zhao and I need informing right away.”

“I must admit I have been too focussed on not tripping or falling or throwing up or passing out.” Liara confessed with a timid laugh. “My brother had wonderful suggestions earlier to keep the nerves at bay but before we eat and dance it is definitely a bad idea, so willpower against my inner turmoil is all I have.”

“I just need you to remember that right now this seedling is indeed a seedling in size and someone brushing past me in dance, or invading my personal space, will do no harm. I understand it is an instinct, a need impossible to ignore but I also need you around for later. Which you will not be if you stress so hard your heart gives out.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next