BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 22 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 20:14

“He likes the dirt because of his Fiadh… he told me about her. Maybe he’ll think I am being rude to her if I don’t like it…”

“I do not remember much of him. He was a stonemason, he actually spent a lot of time up by the Summer Palace when I was younger. He’d be away for long periods of time. The place was in horrific disrepair by all sounds of it. But when I was stationed there with Kael, when he first got his own taste of freedom as a young adult, the place looked incredible. Gave me a small sense of pride knowing that it was likely my father’s hands that had made it so…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 20:37

"You were close tov him, connected through his work and yours." Avani mused with a subtle nod. "It sounds like he was good at his job to be given such a role, and it sounds like he was a good father to make such a sacrifice to make sure that you always had food and somewhere to live. My husband is - there is a reason my father liked him but he is a good father at least. Any malice he has shown me has never befallen the boys. In their eyes he is the best thing since sliced bread."

"No, no. Where has this come from? How long have you been worrying that your brother isn't going to like you anymore?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 20:49

“Who is your husband? You have not said much about him at all.”

“Since he has a new sister now.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 21:11

"Rajiv Vasant, his grandfather Vikram was one of the greatest military leaders that Baldruun had seen for centuries and he died a matyr protecting mine in an assassination attempt long before me or my siblings were brought into the world. His parents were gifted land as a reward for it, made powerful nobles and then my hand promised to Rajiv as soon as they found out I was a girl. I met him just before I came of age, a sharp-featured, stony faced man who laughs like someone mimicing what they think laughter should sound like. Kind, in public, charming in public - the other ladies in court would swoon and tell me how lucky I am, they still do. Picture.. a statue who has spent centuries watching how people move and interact, but can never quite pull it off and turns like a beast when he knows that the persona is a lie - that is my husband. As I said, he is good with the boys though. Two different people."

"Eira is not you, you are not her. She isn't a replacement."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 21:31

“Sounds much like what I heard the Queens former husband was like. What she has sworn will not happen to her own daughter… I suppose it is good that she has the power to say so. It’s unfortunate not everyone does…”

“Eira… mama would not name her till you were home… Thst is good, I suppose…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 21:40

"It is a very old, very common story." Avani agreed with a bored tone. "We have hard lives, with our sparkling intoxication and expensive materials, our very large homes." She lifted up her hand to flash the golden bands that lined the length of her arm, catching them in the rays of the sun, "The jewellery is a particularly hard pill to swallow, but somebody must suffer through it."

"Mor..."

Karina stood on the edge of a cliff's verge, amongst the mountains that once belong to the witch kingdom before disastrous had made it uninhabitable. Eyes closed against the wind, hand lifted to pinch her nose in impatience for her daughters arrival - the agreed six months past, and the first visitation allowed. "They shouldn't be much longer, Ira, I am sure. We just need to keep on waiting."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 21:53

“Yes, dad?”

“Things to fill the voids that - “ Ruairi quickly pulled away and stood up when he heard a knock at the door. “Who is it?”

“Farrington, Hawk sent me. Got the women out here too for the Princess!”

“They are mocking us.” Ira hissed, pacing back and forth.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 22:13

"Thank you, Ruairi." Avani whispered, moving so she was sat back against the wall then. "Enjoy the rest of your evening, perhaps you are the only one that will be able to handle me, which'll mean only you can be assigned to keep an eye on me."

"I've missed you, very much."

"They can't mock us, Lucian made a blood oath with them and there were terms to that. Just be patient, and whichever Guardian comes with her do not be reckless towards them. No more threats, they will kill you and it will be done too quickly for any of us to stop it." Karina breathed without a glance over her shoulder at her son. Opening her mouth to speak again when she was cut off by Eden's voice, calling Ira's name, carried on the wind.

With a flash of loose flowing fabric, black to brown to cream to white, Eden's frame barrelled into her brother with a screech of joy. Eden an inch taller, two with the shoes that she was wearing, with her hair pulled back into a plait. Her grip strong as she wrapped her arms around Ira in a tight embrace, face slightly gaunt, the space between her eyes darker than before where exhaustion had begun to take it's toll.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 22:23

“Ah, don’t give Farrington too much of a hard time.” Ruairi chuckled, taking her hand and kissing it gently. “Perhaps it is best if I’m not assigned to you again… given what can happen.”

“You won’t go away again?”

“Eden…” Ira gasped, wrapping his arms around her instantly. “Eden…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 22:31

"I didn't know if you'd be here. You didn't promise me that you would be around, and I didn't see you. Every vision I forced, every single one I couldn't see you. I thought I would come here and it would just be mother and she was going to tell me that you had done something fucking stupid and that you were with dad now. I - I was... I was picturing so many, so many awful things and the fucking fates haven't shown me anything of you it was like they were tormenting me." Eden rambled, gripping onto him tightly.

Karina let out a breath of relief. "You are okay, good."

"I can't promise that. I intend to stay here for as long as possible, I despise being away. Boats are horrible and the east is far too hot, you have skin like mine, Mor, I don't believe you would like it either."

Avani's smile faltered, pulling her hand back with an abrupt urgency. Turning her gaze away, and wrinkling her nose up into her face with a sharp laugh to try and disguise the hurt.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 22:37

“We can’t risk it again… I didn’t mean to offend, Princess.” Ruairi frowned at her expression. “We almost got caught, and like I have said… We know the punishment Id face.”

“I am here, as you can feel…”

“The sea is too big. I think I would be too small on there… I would not like a boat.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 22:47

"Don't flatter yourself. I was requesting you because you are easy to manipulate, you were something easy to do whilst I was bored - nothing more. It would have been the same outcome no matter what male came in here thinking they could appeal to my soft side." Avani sneered her response, tone not matching the words, her heart not in it.

"Better to keep your feet on solid ground." Aodhan agreed. "Now, will you come and join your mother, your sister and I?"

Eden peeled herself away, pushing to her feet and walking to embrace her mother a moment later. "What have I missed? How is Aesira and Cassius?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 22:58

“We don’t have time to talk. We need to go.” Ira shook his head, pulling her hand as he headed back down toward his horse. “We have to go.”

“Okay… okay.” Mor nodded, slipping her hand into his.

Ruairi’s face reddened as she said she manipulated him; taking a further step back. Opening his mouth but quickly closing it, at a complete loss for words in his embarrassment. “Of course, Princess.” He murmured, nodding his head at her in respect before taking his leave from the room. The open door behind him remaining open for the maids to enter.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 30 Apr - 23:07

"Go? They told me I wasn't to leave here, they are watching. I still have a little while left before I get to go home." Eden frowned, stumbling as he pulled her.

"Ira, stop." Karina yelled after him then, taking several steps after them. "We have spoken about this, multiple times, you will get yourself killed and your sister punished. Whatever crazy idea is going through your head right now, drop it."

"You are the only one from the ship I haven't checked over yet, Cavaughan." Aoife caught the man at the end of the healing wing, hand reaching out to grab his elbow. "Out of the military, I mean. You can pick up all sorts of disgusting things on the ocean, never mind what you may have been exposed to whilst on foreign lands. This can't wait."

Aodhan straightened, gently guiding her into his and Isolde's room. "Wonderful news, Princess Mor has agreed to honour us with her company this evening. We should be very honoured by it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 30 Apr - 23:29

“Oh, I’m Cavanaugh now am I? You’re still pissed I agreed to go at all?” Ruairi chuckled, shaking his head. “I don’t need a once over, Aoife. I assure you I’m all good. Just tired, in need of a few rainy days and my own bed.”

“‘We are honoured.” Isolde laughed softly, smiling when she saw them.

“We need to go! This is our only fucking chance to take her! We can’t waste time mum!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 0:07

"It is wonderful to hear that you have had a pleasant few months away, but mine has been more taxing. So let me distil my woes onto you about whining pregnant royalty whilst I also do my job?" Aoife patted his elbow with an awkward grimace when she realised she was still holding it. "I have warm cocoa plants, fresh mint leaves."

"Karina, how many warnings do you need to control your child." Lúthien spoke boredly from her distance, voice carrying on the wind as she non-chalantly approached the family group. "We give you what you ask, and you try and double cross us? No, no that simply won't do."

Eden gulped, pulling Ira to a stop and then trying to shove him behind her to be a physical shield. "He was joking, your - ma'am. Being silly, nothing more. It is all about joke, we are all laughing."

"Mm." Lúthien tilted her head, reaching her hand out to motion Ira forward. "Come here, boy."

"Truly honoured." Aodhan agreed, lifting Mor into his arms to carry her the rest of the way. Settling onto the bed with her
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 0:24

“Well, you know me and my unflinching penchant for gossip.” Ruairi sighed deeply, “I suppose I can listen to a rant or two.” He grinned, moving a hand to run through his hair.

“Can I stay with you tonight?” Mor asked, directed more toward her father, knowing her mother would refused from the off.

“No. You’re - I am not a Seer. Nor a Valkyrie. I’m not yours to command. And I’m not stupid enough to walk to you when you’ll produce a weapon or something else.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 0:36

"Lost your bravery now you are being spoken to directly, boy?" Lúthien questioned. "Approach, or your visitation rights will come to an early end. Ah, ah, ah, Karina." She tutted as the woman grabbed Ira's wrist and tried to pull him a further step backwards. "It is too late to attempt to be a good mother now."

"Let us say our goodbyes, and return in another month. My son was overwhelmed, that is all. It is hard, when they have been apart for so long." Karina bargained. "Please, Lúthien."

"Here, boy. Now."

"You can,"

"Good. You are the only one who can entertain it, all others who think we are close are royal and could have me fired or killed with an order. I can never relax near them." Aoife hummed, pushing the door open to her left and stepping inside. Her personal room was cluttered and chaotic, the opposite of how minimalistic and clean cut she kept her working spaces. Several half drunk cups of tea and drinking cocoa littered on every surface of the room and stains on the yellow carpets where it had been spilled. Various old articles, of varying ages, along with photos, notes and scribblings littering the floor. On the windowsill, a large calico feline lay on his side, soaking in the last rays of the sun.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 0:41

Ira set his jaw as he glared at the Guardian. Glancing at his sister before making his move as commanded.

“Just one night though Mor. You are getting too big to do this often.”

“Just one night!” Mor grinned, quickly diving in between her parents under the covers.

“It’s a good job I’m not walking wounded mm? Your entire place is an infection risk.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 0:53

"She was not too big when I left, she can have one more night where I pretend she is seven months younger than she is." Aodhan agreed to the compromise, setting into bed beside them. One arm reaching behind to take Isolde's shoulder, the other in front to help support Eira and bring Mor in too. "Tell me about all I have missed, both of you. Mor, did Sullivan and you ever complete your den? Did you host parties within it?"

"My home has always been an infection risk, and as always you will forget about it entirely when Caoimhe leaves her perch and settles herself onto you lap." Aoife laughed, approaching the kettle that rested over a burning fireplace. "What drink would you like?"

Lúthien watched Ira closely, face neutral as she watched the young angels movements. Taking half a step forward when he came to pause in front of her, encroaching on personal space. Leaning in to whisper, so only he could hear the venomous words. "Kneel before me and beg for forgiveness for your disrespect. We have been gentle on her so far, you wouldn't want that to change now, would you?"

"Ir-" Eden began, cutting off when she was pulled back. Karina instead crossing the space, stopping several steps away at the look she received from the Guardian.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 0:59

“If I kneel, what I know about the contents of the library under my home will never become your knowledge. There are dozens of your not so little black books about, Guardian Luthien. I know that. You know that. Your bosses know that. Maybe I’ve found one or two. Maybe I haven’t. Maybe I’ve located them but left them on a shelf for another day. Maybe I’ve shipped them off across the continent to be held in safe places, or maybe I buried one or two on the way over here…” Ira whispered in return. The underground catacombs containing the library had in fact been sealed to all but Conan and Lucian since the day the latter had returned from them, despite Ira’s rage to get inside. But he’d bluffed in front of the Guardian to avoid the humiliation.

“Surprise me, anything will be better than the tea served on the ship where I’m sure it was just water sprinkled with whatever leaf they could find by the end.”

“No. He grew impatient and almost broke it, so we did not return to it. That is when he started wanting to play in the mud and get dirty, and now he spends time chasing the other saplings round and round…”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 1:10

"Males are annoying, full of energy that they can't contain. It will be worse for someone of Sullivan's breed, he will begin doing dangerous things soon that your mother and I don't want you being witness too. I think, as hard as it is, the two of you having a bit of distance from one another is going to be a good thing."

"Water? Maybe sea water, I can't imagine they saved any freshwater for anyone other than the royals." Aoife laughed, ripping leaves from a bunch of mint, along with several small blue petals and ground cocoa beans into the pot. "I would prefer your fate to mine though, I thought I would have to deal with one hormonal female but two of them? I don't know how they didn't tear one another apart. I don't know how I didn't walk out."

Lúthien's eyes flitted upward to Karina, studying her face for several moments before laughing. A loud sound that erupted from the pits of her stomach, attention turning back onto Ira as the palm of her hand collided with his face, throwing the hit upward to catch him beneath his jaw. "On your knees. Before I start making your family pay for your insolence."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 7:34

“Aodhän didn’t tell anyone about the child, from Indira. We all found out at the same time this morning when Isolde was assuring Princess Avani that you were taking great care of her, and you’d ensure the children be delivered safely. I have a feeling that Aodhän didn’t trust Kael to not turn them all around and get the nearest ship back as soon as he found out… But he paid the price, as I understand it. He missed the birth of his own child, probably the ancestors punishing him for his nonsense…”

“What dangerous things will he be doing?”

“You swore a blood oath, and all you got for it in return was the book. I made no promises. This is not breaking it. You, not allowing this visit to go ahead, is. You threatening to mistreat her when you take her back, is. I dare you, break it. Watch the bitch you made spill blood shrivel up and die screaming. Watch the book you covet burst into flames. Watch as it curses your entire bullshit organisation.” Ira spat blood at her feet from the hit, unflinching as he met her gaze. “Fuck off back to where you came from, I still have twenty minutes with my sister, you fucking pigeon.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 12:08

"Ira..." Karina exhaled shakily, walking towards the horses to open the satchel. Pulling a flask of water from it and approaching her son to offer it out to him. Hand moving to rest on his shoulder though nor quite getting that before her knees collapsed beneath her with an agonised scream.

"It doesn't have to be your sister that pays for your idiocy. What is a person when we take away the fundamentals of what makes them who they are? Your step father without his wings and legs, your father when he was no longer a General. Your mother.. without her Sight?"

"Stop! Stop!" Eden yelled.

"Playing in places that are too high up, by rivers that are too fast flowing. Putting goodness knows what into his mouth." Aodhän scoffed. "Wolf children are stupid things, Mor."

"That man has never been good at knowing when he has to perform well in his role or put it to the side and be a father. If I documented every stitch I gave Kael as he was growing that came from the males hand. It wouldn't be accepted from any other father, I dread when those girls are old enough to have their own minds."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 14:33

“We both know you don’t have the authority to strip my mother of her sight and you never will. I’ve studied your hierarchy, you’ve been staring up your bosses arsehole for the last millennia. Fuck [i]you[/i]. Walk away, I have allotted time with my sister.”

[hr]
“He is my friend, should I not try to keep him safe? Not let him do such things? I can command him - “

“Try not to command your friends, Morfydd. Unless it is absolutely necessary or you won’t have any.” Isolde warned gently, “Sometimes… sometimes people need to do the things they are determined to do, to learn lessons. Good or bad.”

“Con-den-fences?”

“Yes, consequences.” Isolde laughed softly. “As his friend it is only your job to make him feel better if he does hurt himself.”

[hr]
“I got a crack or two from my mother… but then again I probably deserve it.” Ruairi chuckled, leaning back in his seat and rolling his neck as it popped. “He soon stopped laying hands on the boy when he became eye height to his shoulders.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next