BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 23 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 19:38

"It lessened, it didn't stop." Aoife shook her head, pushing the warm mug into his hands. Adding in jest, "Whatever clips your mother gave you would have made no difference to you, I think it only effects those with brain cells."

"Make him feel better, and then laugh with him about it. Remind him how ridiculously stupid he was, never let him live the acts down."

'"You're impressive, boy. I still must insist you get onto your knees, and apologies for your insolence. For trying to kidnap your sister like a deranged child. Unless you like the sound of your mothers screams?" Lúthien questioned, flicking her gaze down to watch as Karina curled into the fetal position, biting her own hand to try and stifle her cries. "Visions hurt, the older a person is the more they have seen. I have the authority to make them see it all, feel it all again."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 20:16

“I can’t comment, perhaps if I was a father I’d be the same. It’s a good job I don’t have any saplings of my own.” Ruairi shrugged, taking a sip. “Blessings and all, etcetera, must have a son blah blah blah, I am glad that my lineage is so unimportant that nobody is examining every time I fuck someone to analyse the outcome. One of the women presented to Kael was from this tiny little country that had a clause in their proposed marriage contract that the wedding night be viewed by members of both families to ensure it was successful.” He gagged. “And then another that at the birth of any children the same again was to occur to make sure the child born wasn’t swapped out for another, a daughter for random male child. Aodhän all but threw the contract back at the messengers face and swore if there was any more insults Kael would be going home single, he was so furious…”

“So… I watch him hurt himself and then mock once he is okay?”

“Friendship, apparently.” Isolde chuckled brushing her daughter’s hair from her face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 20:27

"I think if you had any saplings you would be as soft as a flower, ensuring that the dirt they stood on was smooth as to not hurt them and that they were sheltered enough from the wind that their ears didn't sting." Aoife snorted, sitting down beside him and taking his free hand to inspect the skin near his nails. Searching for any small cuts that may have become infected during the travel that were less obvious. "They are all funny people over there, to boast about how diverse their Kingdoms are and yet be so backwards. Their views on women, their views on halflings."

The calico on the window slipping off lazily to join them, leaning up to press her furry cheek against Ruairi's with a deep purr from her chest.

"Is it not? How do female friendships function?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 20:52

“Kael mentioned that Wyatt’s mate was a wolf at one point, you could have heard a pin drop with how quiet everyone went. Nobody said anything but… the disgust was clear. The Kisari keep slaves too… mostly half bred beings…”

“I do not remember much of my girlhood and friendships from it… it was so long ago.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 21:00

"Your mother likes to pretend her and Florence don't have a friendship of any sort, that is because the two hated one another when she first arrived." Aodhän told his daughter with a chuckle.

"The Kisari are... Queen Liara's relatives, yes? Baldruuunian, obvious Princess Indira and Avani's. Which part of the East is our future Queen from?" Aoife grimaced. "It is hard to keep up with it all. It sounds like an uncomfortable situation though, probably good that Wyatt wasn't the one who went over here. He would not have held his tongue."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 21:15

“Caleer.” Ruairi moved his hand so he was gently stroking the cat behind the ear. “They’re the repressed ones. The country filled with celibate acolytes devoted to their Gods. Mistresses unheard of, they barely drink and do not do so to get drunk. None of their dances involved much touching if any at all. The Princesses wardrobe is wrist to neck to ankle… mostly white. I was surprised that they do not cover their hair too.” He remarked, wrinkling his nose. “Isolde will see she adapt quickly. She is not like Princess Indira, who has refused to rid herself of the orange and the red, who still wears the shawl over her head and opened shoes. All Isolde will have to do is comment once that the white is too stark for the greens she prefers and I can imagine the Princess will be buying a new wardrobe.”

“Why did they hate each other?”

“She was lousy at following orders. Rude and arrogant.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 21:43

"She was young, and lively and entirely infuriating. A sapling, with the responsibilities of an adult and an inflated ego to go along with it. Now though, I am sure you don't think of her like that now, do you, Sol?"

"I can't see our Prince allowing his mother to manipulate the culture out of her, even if the girl is so weak willed it would be easy to do." Aoife mused. "I think when the time comes for that transfer of power it will be explosive, I can't decide if I would want to be witness to it or not."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 21:50

“She is still incredibly infuriating, more often than not.”

“I do not think it is coming as quick as Isolde likes to make out. She will struggle to let go.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 21:58

"We are trying to teach our daughter about friendships, and there are no outside listening ears. No one will know what was said in this room, don't be so stubborn, Sol. It is the time for openness."

"Control freak. The woman lay in agony for hours waiting in hope that her husband would return soon, to not miss the birth of the girl. She almost ended up killing the two of them in the process." Aoife scoffed, pushing to her feet and walking behind the sofa to gently push Ruari's head forward to continue her inspection. "Princess Indira on the other hand has needed constant mothering this entire time, tears, anxieties. If I have to talk about how the woman feels once more I may slit my own wrists."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 22:07

“Poor girl probably considers you a friend but the truth is you despise her just as much as everyone else mm? For what the brother did… Princess Avani wouldn’t hear a bad word about him. Didn’t understand why Indira was so unwelcome here. Why she was needed as collateral.” Ruairi leaned forward to ease her access. “She did not understand why what Arzen did has resulted in such a deep resentment of her sister… The man was still her big brother… Not the monster we see him as.”

“I am being honest. I haven’t had a proper friend in over twenty years. The last woman I sincerely considered a confidant was Nerissa… People with mates are not to be trusted. I do not need Wyatt needing to know anything I would consider confiding in a friend, and she would tell him anyway.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 22:14

"Oh please, she could be the sweetest bird in the world. Her family could be conduits for the ancestors themselves but I would still feel as irritated towards her as I do. Those I look after, in the long term, always become irritating. I despise being needed, I am good at my job but if I could do it without having to look or speak to people - especially those that are royal - then I would without any hesitation." Aoife scoffed. "It must have been difficult for you, travelling back with a woman who spoke so kindly of such a monster."

"That is sad," He mumbled to himself, as he turned his attention back onto his daughters.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 22:22

“Why do you do your job in a castle if you hate the royals… people, so much? Your job is to be needed. I couldn’t be angry at Kael for needing protection, I signed up to do it.” Ruairi frowned as he sat up with confusion. “If you found something wrong with me right now I would need you, to fix it.”

Isolde fell silent at his reaction, glancing down at Mor who had fallen asleep with her hair being stroked.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 22:29

"You are staff, you are different. I don't mind when people like us need me, or my girls. Like treating the saplings is something that I have all the patience for because they appreciate it. The royals hold our lives in their hands, and they know it - getting rid of us if we falter, the ability to replace us without batting an eye makes me uncomfortable." Aoife let her hands drop to her side. "I am older than you, and even you have seen how a small mistake can have people be dismissed."

"I had assured myself, even though I have been gone, at least you had someone you could confide in. Kael's ramblings whilst we were away affirmed to me that Florence believed the two of you were friends too, or at least Wyatt believed you were close. . It saddens me that I was wrong, that I'd... misread it. I am sorry you've been so utterly alone." Aodhan elaborated quietly when he was sure Mor was sleeping.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 22:39

“You’ve delivered two of the Queens children, and Kael from his birth mother if I recall correctly? I feel that doing something so incredible for them would allow you a small margin of error. You find Indira irritating when she has absolutely no power over you… Perhaps it’s best you simply stick to saplings.” Ruairi pulled away, rolling his sore shoulders.

“I do not confide. Not in anyone but you Aodhän, and once, Kael, though I see now that was a mistake, trusting even my son... I do not tell anyone anything that I could not stand being public knowledge. Of course - there are things that I will speak about with some that I would rather not get out, but nothing reputation ruining, nothing embarrassing so to speak…” Isolde shook her head, “Mates do not have boundaries. Anything that goes from my lips to her ears will come straight back out of her lips to Wyatt’s. And what if one day he is taken? He is Kael’s primary guard, the final wall of defence to the heir. He will remain a prime target until he dies - and what if he is taken? And he is tortured? What if the information is extracted from him by witchcraft or otherwise? All information I thought was safe with his mate, but it was not.” She shook her head once more, before looking back up at him. “I talk to her about frivolous things. And perhaps every now and then I forget I should not share more, and things may slip through. And I trust her to mind the saplings for a few moments whilst there are guards outside. But I cannot afford to trust people with information…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 22:53

"You can trust our son." He corrected quietly. "Don't let him hear utter such words, it would break his heart like he has broken yours. I will bring him to the side, reprimand him once he has settled but he is well aware that he stepped over a line, his eyes gave him away. Don't let it change your relationship with him, please and perhaps, be less friendly with the girl too. She is as sensitive as she was when we first knew her, at heart, if she is under the illusion you two are close when you aren't... it may cause problems."

"Your shoulders are hurting you? May I see - if there are any open wounds they need cleaning. Ocean air, ocean water... they could all make you very ill if they get into even the tiniest of cuts." Aoife frowned, happy to find something else to speak about
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 23:01

“They are just sore, I’m sure a few nights in my own bed will do the trick. There’s no cuts or bruises or anything like that. Just shitty hammocks on a ship, crappy cots in Kisar, and Baldruun, and back to the shitty hammocks again and then that straw mattress in the inn last night… My entire back is screaming.” Ruairi shook his head. “Just need my own bed for a few nights and it’ll all click back into place.”

“I do not think I can, Aodhän. He clearly thinks so poorly of me now, and has framed me as such to his wife. He was more than happy to strip me bare and expose my wounds to her to show her I am weak and unfit - “ Isolde inhaled sharply. “He was more than happy to belittle me to make her feel better. Which is fine. That is his wife now and I offended her and him in return. I know you would be as defensive over me… so it is fine. But there can be no more conversations when he asks me things about my first husband. About that marriage… Not when he is so ready to use it against me. When it feels like ammunition… You are the only one I know would never throw such barbs, even when we are arguing. Even when we are angry. You are the only one I can trust now Aodhän.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 23:05

Aodhän frowned, resting his head on top of hers to try and bring her in closer, despite the sleeping child between them. "I am sorry the world is so lonely,"

"I won't keep you any longer than," Aoife whispered. "You seem fine,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 1 May - 23:18

“I have you. I am lucky that I know there is one person who will not let me down. Who will not use the things I have told him against me. Who would never betray my trust that way. I will never have anyone as loyal as you in my corner… and I couldn’t love you more, either.”

“I think… I think there is a big world out there. And I’ve experienced a bit of it recently. It’s not all so bad. And if you hate being here so much, being needed. Maybe you should get out of here, go see the world. Be free of being needed for a while. Travel around. You got on well with the healer the Pirate Prince brought, didn’t you? Perhaps you could find her. Renew your interest in your craft… find a new one entirely. You don’t have to stay here Aoife. You’d be sorely missed but… you should leave if being here is suffocating you so much.”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 1 May - 23:43

"I don't have travelling feet, an enigmatic and energetic soul. I enjoy what I do, and I am good at it. The bourgeois and royals appreciate my skill set, just because I feel like I have to put on more of an act when treating them does not mean I have to move on - I do not live to work. It is comfortable, provides me with what I need. That is all I want it to do."

"'You only become so soft when you are tired. You need rest."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 2 May - 9:15

“You didn’t say put on an act, you said they irritated you.” Ruairi reminded her. “You cannot live your life where the only company you prefer this one - “ he gestured to the cat with a small laugh as he scooped it up into his arms so he could stand without throwing it off. “As riveting as I’m sure the conversation is between you both.”

“I am not becoming soft. I have been a target since the moment I took the crown, and I’ve been aware of that… There were people I trusted, and they died or have otherwise proved that they shouldn’t have my trust. In the end that leaves you. I know you would never let me down.” Isolde insisted, though moved gently off the bed as to not wake anyone. Putting Eira in her crib beside her before moving to undress.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 2 May - 16:09

"You imply that I am a recluse, I speak to you, I speak often to the girls I train I have hobbies outside of this place too." Aoife reached her hand out towards the feline, scratching behind her ear gently. "Caoimhe is a wonderful conversationist."

"I wouldn't dream of it,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 2 May - 17:33

“I wonder what she’ll have to say about me when I’ve left the room.” Ruairi raised an eyebrow as he handed the cat over gently.

“I know. I will never again find your loyalty in anyone…” Isolde slipped under the covers once she had dressed for bed.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 2 May - 22:48

"I didn't expect tonight to turn into an evening where you simply smoothed my ego," Aodhän whispered, wrapping an arm around her waist as he turned onto his side. Leaning his head forward to touch his forehead to hers. "Are you okay?"

"That you left too early, before I could inspect your feet or your chest and back. She would say that she has missed your wit and blaise lectures. She'll be disappointed you didn't bring any treats for her today, none of the stolen fish flakes from the kitchens like last time."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 3 May - 21:11

Three days later…

“Last night in his good mood, and aided by the fact that Aoife managed to heal his face without a scar, Prince Kael has decided not to take what you did to him any further.” Ruairi informed Avani as he entered the room after being invited in. “Nobody is to be stationed outside your door anymore, you’re free to roam as you please, see your sister, visit the grounds, stay for as long as you wish. Though you have seen the weather, I wouldn’t bother with the walk. Rain during a wedding is seen as good omen here, even more so the longer it carries on after - wet knots are almost impossible to undo. It’s seen as a blessing from the marriage…” he trailed off. “Your sister didn’t attend the wedding, she managed a brief appearance at the festivities after but not for too long, Kael had her escorted back to her rooms when he saw she was tired… and breakfast will be served very soon.” He added, reeling off information he’d been given for her.

Daphne opened her eyes at the sound of rain pelting even heavier against the glass of the window in her room, sounding more like hail with the wind blowing it. She made a small noise as she stretched, jumping as she brushed across Kael’s skin, completely forgetting that he was there as she had never shared a bed with anyone before. Tension ebbing when she realised what was going on.

“A soaked bride and groom, a wedding conducted with them both sinking their toes into the mud, Mor danced with more people last night than I think I have ever danced with in my entire life - I do not know how someone so small is so wilful and demanding and I’m the maids said every single piece of silver has been accounted for - I think we can call it a successful wedding, mm?” Isolde asked as she declined into her chair, sticking her feet up as she was handed a cup by her maid.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 3 May - 21:28

"The representatives the angels and vampires sent looking absolutely appalled by the revelry that occurred, which makes a pleasant change from how their unruly behaviour normally disgusts us." Aodhän chuckled, rummaging through a bowl of berries on the small table between them to find one he liked thr look of. "Kael didn't even notice the absence of the Pirate Prince or King Horvat, which is good, I was concerned their inability to attend would hurt him."

"Mm?" Kael hummed at the physical contact, heavy eyes blinking open as he rolled over from lying on his stomach onto his side, arm lazily reaching across to droop across her waist. Nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck and mumbling in her native language, "The ancestors have blessed me."

"If I don't have to be so highly guarded," Avani began, holding her chin high as she studied his face. "Am I allowed out of the castle too? You still have to show me your local drinking spot, you promised it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next