BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 4 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 4 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 11:32

“It was my job, and I clearly did it correctly or you’d be in the ground by now.” Wyatt pointed out with a laugh.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 12:43

"I have hated every moment of us barley speaking." Kael whispered, reaching across to clasp his shoulder and squeeze it tightly. "It has been miserable, let's not do it again."

"These are things children normally say and feel about their parents. Once upon a time she would say that when talking about me." Conan hummed, moving his hand to his heart with false hurt. "Oh how easy it is to be replaced."

Cassius snorted in gentle amusment. "You've always been full of tension and stress. Magnus never is, someone has to be the boring one though."

"I feel as if I am beginning to miss the mark when it comes to marriage, no one will want me soon. I shall be a spinster, the old hag in the corner that people either stay away from or look at in pity." Agatha hummed
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 13:47

“I doubt you will have much time for social activities with your upcoming coronation, but yes.” Wyatt nodded, resting his hand over Kaels.

“You are younger than when I married, and the men here seem to prefer their brides a little older. I will find you someone sister. I’ll try with the Baldruunian Prince within our walls if you wish.” Daphne teased them with a grin. “Tall, handsome, titled.”

“Perhaps you should throw more parties and balls, father. Drink more wine.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 13:57

"Our information has all been sent to each of the Baldruunian Prince's in the past and none of them took much interest." Agatha snorted. "I have seen them all before, handsome is... debatable."

"Mm, it feels more and more real by the day. So much preparation, so many meetings. So many choices, those have been the worst part of it all. Deciding a council."

"I do that and u will scare you away forever, Sira. You would never be home. You and Tadgh would have weeks of foraging."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 14:01

“But still, a Prince. And in a country almost neighbouring ours. He would be a good choice. I may broach the subject of one of Avani’s sons for Zenovia when the time is right too. You cannot turn your nose up at marrying a Prince and then cry of poor prospects.”

“Do not surround yourself with Yes Men. You need people who will challenge you. Elevate commoners if you believe they are better than those with titles too. Not everyone has to be old blood. But you are wise enough to know that already, I am sure. They all have to be men you can trust.”

“Me, my friend and our horses, sounds fantastic actually.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 14:12

"Men, women too. My council will be diverse." Kael hummed. "It's already forming, and obviously your role can remain as it is or you can step more to the forefront. You've always been in the council circles, I wanted you to have an actual seat though - not just pulled in when everything goes wrong, or we think it will."

"It is all a contradiction of yourself, how we are raised and the little flutter of rebellion in my stomach. You know that has always been the case for me." Agatha snorted.

"Exactly, so the lack of parties is keeping you here." He chuckled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 14:20

“Let us not pretend that my opinion is what keeps the ballroom empty, you are loathe to host.”

“Balls are expensive, the food alone for one night could feed an army for months. Maybe when the Adairs have howled their last we shall be freer with spending.” Liara pointed out gently.

“Mm… those dogs and their ever looming threats.”

“You are free here to embrace that rebellion if you wish. Do you know how freeing it is to hunt here, and to be able to do so without wearing a dress? How much easier it is to enjoy the activity without tripping and stumbling and scaring off the game? You are already incredible with a bow Agatha; you would be unstoppable here. Think of all the animals that got away because of the stupid heavy things they had us wear.”

“You - you wear the mens clothes?”

“No. Kael had hunting leathers made for me, women are not constrained to dresses when impractical. I have several pairs, and won’t be using them for a while of course - you two should borrow them and I will arrange a hunt for you both to enjoy.”

“Women? Even your mother only had minimal women on her council, you will be brave doing so… But it is yours to fill as you see fit.” Wyatt observed with a nod. “And what would you have me be Master of?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 14:29

"Every generation is more radical than the last, more progressive. Mother couldn't have many women on her council because she had more of a job, keeping people on side. A queen, after a King. I will not have that issue, most of them are already on my side." Kael hummed. "Master At Arms, that would be your official title. Similar to what you do now, very similar, just extended outwards. You'd need to hire a new Captain of the Guard, manage them whoever they may be. You'll be able to make those bigger changes you have wanted, more money. A title. A promotion."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 14:36

“I think I will gag the first time anyone refers to me as Lord Hawk.” Wyatt laughed in amusement then. “Thank you, Kael.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 14:47

"So you accept the offer? You'll be on my council, allow me to give your a Lordship?" Kael questioned, eyes lighting up with his smile. "If you want to go home first, have an evening to think on it. As long as I know by the morning, so I can plan. You don't need to give me an answer now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 14:52

“There is no need to think on it.” Wyatt shook his head, “I accept.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 14:54

"Oh, oh good! Who would you like as a replacement then, mm? Straight off the bat, before you have to think about it too deeply. Where does your instinct go?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 14:55

“Cavanaugh, and then Brennan into his position.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 16:28

"We are thinking along the same lines then, that is perfect." Kael grinned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 17:12

“There is no need to upset the natural succession of their positions, it’ll create discord, and they are fit for the roles.” Wyatt nodded. “You find yourself in the fortunate possession of sisters and sisters-in-law, have you thought about promising their future hands for your advantage? Even Idris’ hand is one that some lower Lords would not turn their noses up at for their younger children. A wealth of deals to be made there.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 20:17

"Then you and I shall organise a meeting with Rauiri as soon as he is back from his leave. If he will be Captain of my guard I should be there with you, Brennan, I will allow you to tell him alone." Kael shook his head at the question. "I can't begin to think about my sisters, or Idris, not yet. There is more fundamental things to tackle first, by the end of my first year though conversations will be happening."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 20:27

“Are you going to continue to raise Idris at court? Or are you giving his mother a home the way your mother has done with Princess Avani, so he is close but not at the forefront of scrutiny that will come now he is to have siblings? If the Princess had not met Cavanaugh I imagine it would’ve been easy enough to convince both sisters to live together.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 22:25

"I'm raising Idris at Court, but Indira knows she has the option to go if she wishes. I'll be speaking to Daphne too, about finding a way to bring Indira onto thr council. Something dedicated to affairs with Baldruun and trade with it and its Eastern allies, after the conflict and how they are all still so frosty with all of us here, and us them, we need someone giving guidance on their culture, their way of thinking."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 22:35

“If Mor were older I’d suggest wedding her to one of Indira’s brothers. Complete the alliance you could not with Indira. But by the time she is of age to marry I suspect both men will already have brides. That is the sort of marriage that would ally our countries together.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 22:53

"There will be a way to do it, eventually. It is just going to take time, and thought. The people will need time to adjust to the changes, the whole power structure changing. It will be huge, mother has been in charge for so long. I hope for a smooth transition but I expect some backlash, teething problems."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 22:58

“It is wise to prepare for and expect it, as you are.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 23:07

"Mm, you are running out of ways to advise me or you are too concerned to upset me again?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 23:10

“What do you mean?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 3 Sep - 23:28

"Everything you are coming up with I have already done, or already considered. That is unusual."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 3 Sep - 23:34

“You are well prepared.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content