BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 22:02

“Karina has always had a wonderful ability to make herself at home wherever she is… so it doesn’t surprise me…”

“Ah, how could anyone steal it from us. We’re the best looking couple in the castle right now.” Thea grinned.

“I’ll pull in a favour if necessary.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd May 2023, 22:09

"You have my King wrapped around your little finger, do you realise that?" She raised an eyebrow in amusement. "The more people I see capable of it, the more I see how easy it is."

"Maybe I need to speak to the Guardian's about letting her go, her husband is more comfortable here - away from me and she enjoys Thea's company."

"Only at this moment?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 22:13

“I’ve not spent this long on dry land since I was a teenager… the hold is mutual, I assure you.”

“If it’s what she wants.” Dagmar whispered sadly, mood changing in an instant. “Whatever is best for her…”

“Always.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd May 2023, 22:27

"You should approach the topic with her, when you are ready for it. It looks less meddlesome coming from you then it would from me, and I wouldn't want Emmett to misinterpret any of it. His dislike for me is wounding enough."

"Your heart can belong to both sea and land, don't let people push you into choosing just one." Devika whispered, her hand moving to lightly hook her fingers with his as she spoke. "I wasn't here, when you were, but I hear what people say. They are excited you are home, just as Conan is. However, it doesn't mean you have to choose just one."

"Lets dance." Magnus grinned, hand resting on the small of her back as he brought her to the centre of the room.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 22:36

“You mean let’s show them how it’s done, husband.” Thea grinned as she took his hand.

“I’m needed here for now, Conan needs me. So with him is where I’ll be.” Lucian whispered. “I made a promise.”

“He doesn’t hate you.. he’s wounded just as you are. That you chose Lucian…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd May 2023, 22:47

"I didn't choose Lucian, you make it sound so trivial. So black and white."

"He doesn't need you like he thinks he does, not anymore." She assured, stepping half an inch closer and turning her shoulder to hide from the crowd how she squeezed his hand tightly. "Your cousin is a great King in many ways but he is not brave, he is a terrified man and it makes him selfish. He will cling onto to you until it tears the two of you apart. You must begin to put yourself first."

"Why of course."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 22:54

“I’m not saying that’s how I see it, but it’s how Emmett sees it… which is why when I bring it up, Kari will probably agree that she would rather be here…”

“He is my family. Don’t feel like you can be free with insults.” Lucian frowned, shaking his head. “I made a promise, and I do not go back on my word.”

“What gave you the idea?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd May 2023, 23:06

"I don't mean any offence, it wasn't intended to be any kind of insult. I do not fit into either world - the one of King's or of your sailing family, and I hope that means you can bring any burdens you wish to me. You don't have to shoulder anything alone, if you don't wish to."

"He would never come back, the damage has been done." Conan replied sadly. "I have lost friends before, I'm just sorry this has made you seen less of Karina. I'm sorry it has put you in a position."

"People dance at weddings."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 23:10

“I meant for a wedding, silly. Out of all the parties you could’ve planned…”

“Don’t be sorry. It isn’t your fault… I don’t think anyone’s at fault. It was always going to be an emotional situation - Karina and Lucian being reunited, Lucian being rejected. Emmett and Lucian’s dislike for each other boiling over… I don’t think there was any way to handle it that would’ve resulted in both of them being happy with the outcome.”

“I have no burdens at the moment… what burdens do you think I carry?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd May 2023, 23:21

"Everyone carries burdens. It's normal."

Conan's eyes caught Magnus and Thea's movements just as he was about to reply, letting out a sigh of relief as he turned his attention onto them instead.

"I never got to show you off like I wanted, I never got to show us off."

(( Night night)))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd May 2023, 23:23

“My daughter is grown and with people I trust to keep her safe - not that I think she needs much help in that department. My ship is with people I trust, the kingdom isn’t my responsibility and all I have to do is make sure we’re not getting conned with trade which… I can handle.” Lucian flashed her a grin. “No burdens here Lady Klein, I assure you.”

“Was that a sigh of relief that she hasn’t killed him?” Dagmar chuckled as she rested her hands on his shoulders then.

“Ah, of course you want to brag about me, I completely understand that.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 07:48

Devika kept her expression unwavering neutral, studying his face before looking away to see the others in the room. "I suppose here is as good of a place as any for us to rematch our shot competition, no? Let's make a bet on it this time, as you are so talented at gambling."

"It was entirely possible. I wouldn't want to be the person trying to take a Seer by surprise, would you?" He chuckled.

"You, myself. My party planning abilities." Magnus boasted, pausingchalf way through the sentence to spin her away from her and then back in.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 19:19

“Ah, and what would you like to bet?”

“No, especially not the. She’s hardly docile. The Guardians hate when they’re not compliant…”

Thea giggled as she was spun, flashing a wide grin as she twirled back.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 20:08

"The Guardian's hate anyone breathing, smiling, frowning. Stuffed up collars." Conan shook his head with a quiet laugh. "What sad lives they lead. They must be absolutely miserable all of the time."

"If I win, you must..." Devika paused, reaching across to take another glass of champagne from a passing tray. Smelling it, then sipping as she took a moment to think. Finger clicking at the idea; "You must make a oil solution for my feet, bathe them in warm water with a massage. If you win I will... well.. what would you like?"

"Oh, what a wonderful sound."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 20:35

“They hold so much power here don’t they…?” Dagmar moved to rest her head against his chest.

“Out of all the things for you to pick… you can pay someone to do that for you any time.” Lucian snorted, rolling his eyes. “Hardly adventurous.”

“It’s been a long time since we’ve had the hall so full… this place was always made to be fun, to host everyone, to be full…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 20:47

"You would never catch me paying someone to do such things, nit even dead." Devika scoffed. "What adventurous thing must I do if you win?"

"A ridiculous amount. I wonder how God, and The Fates allow a single group to have that amount."

"It is always what we have both aimed for with our Kingdom, isn't it? Not a foreboding defence system to protect the upper class but somewhere of warmth and fun." Magnus grinned, pulling the ring Lucian had given him from his pocket and showing it to her with open palm. "Conan's cousin found this in a market in the east. He brought it here today."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 20:53

“Your fathers Sigil… Doesn’t surprise me at all that some of the looted jewels ended up across the sea. I suppose it was good for Lucian to bring you it.”

“It’s the power they were given by the rulers of the continent all that time ago… when things were less friendly. The sisters across the sea aren’t held by nearly the same standards… but it also goes the other way I suppose. Seers forced into marriages with Kings or as part of Harems, some are chained with no freedom…”

“You cannot say no to a thing of my choosing in the near future.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 21:04

"Did you notice the bruising around Lynette's neck? The cosmetics she wore came off with water a few days after she first arrived. When I asked Lucian about it he said it was a punishment as she slept with a vampire. The place sounds barbaric."

"A thing? No. No it needs to be more specific than that."

"It was, I wonder what implications it brings though. The kind act."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 21:10

“Sounds about right for Baldruun… Our children could potentially get away with it if they lived there. Both are winged, easy enough to lie about the fact they’re not pure bred - as they would see it over there.”

“You don’t want to see the kind as as just a kind act?” Thea frowned, holding out her hand. “Pass it here, I’ll see if I can get anything from it.”

“I cannot be specific.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 21:19

"Why not? I can't agree to terms that aren't specific. I was spe- you know what, it is irrelevant. You won't win anyway." Devika offered a confident smile, offering her hands up for a shake. "We have a deal."

"Your visions may still be muted from the tea." Magnus mused quietly, placing the ring into her palm.

"I don't often think of our children being hybrids." Conan whispered. "That is something I must Starr to consider more, isn't it? It matters."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 21:28

Thea shot Magnus a look then at the mention of tea, jaw tensing as she used her free hand to slap his arm. “You had me blinded?!” She hissed. “What if something had happened?! I - Karina! You were both in on this weren’t you?”

“With Aesira… it does matter. I’m not quite sure what it means for her future. What of my abilities she’ll possess, if any. She has my wing shape…”

Lucian chuckled, taking her hand for a shake before using it to twist her round so her back was to his front, putting their hands against her stomach as he used his free one to take the glass from her hand and placed the drinks to a waiter.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 21:39

Magnus physically flinched at her reaction, taking a step back to put distance between them then. "You couldn't know, it would have ruined the surprise. I had two other powerful Seers here, and a few less experienced ones. If anything major was to happen it would have been seen by them!"

"Oh no, I heard my name." Karina sighed as she leant back from a kiss with Emmett to look over her shoulder, her palm remaining on her husbands chest.

"I hope your sisters get the letter and come, for Aesira and Cas as well as for you. It is their community too."

Devika made a quiet noise of surprise, a sharp intake of breath through her nose as her back hit her chest. "Too nervous to look at the face of the person who will out drink you, Prince of the Sailors?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 21:49

“They are not tuned into you like I am! I have spent years building my senses around you! What is someone plotted something here?! What if someone had been planning an assassination Magnus?! You could’ve been killed and I wouldn’t have seen it! You have put yourself in danger by blinding me!” Thea took a shaky breath, “We were just discussing how it is my job to protect you! If I can’t see you I could lose you!” She added - voice thick.

“We do your dancing every week, the gaudy dancing in bars. That won’t do here unfortunately. A little more civilised here.” Lucian chuckled as he took her other hand, assimilating to the beat of the music with ease as he lead.

“If they don’t… don’t feel you’ve let me down. You tried, and I appreciate that.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 3rd May 2023, 22:01

"Gaudy? You, Your Highness, are certainly wishing for a smack." Devika gasped in faux horror, turning her head to the side to watch the movements of his hand.

"I'll be back," Karina whispered, kissing Emmett's cheek before crossing the room. Pushing her way through couples until she got to Magnus and Thea, "Hey, shh, shh. Why are we getting upset? I Hooe those are happy tears."

"It is as much my job to protect you, as it is yours to protect me now. Things aren't like how they were before! I have been perfectly safe!"

"Magnus, sshh, no yelling."

"I worry about you. I worry about you often."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 3rd May 2023, 22:09

“You put him in danger by blinding me!” Thea angrily wiped at her eyes, voice breaking. “How could you? If I can’t see I am useless and I can’t protect him! What if someone hurt him or there was an accident and I didn’t see it? I could never forgive myself!”

“You do? Why?” Dagmar frowned, moving her hand to lightly dead against his jaw.

“You can’t hit me when I’ve got both your hands, Lady Devika.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next