BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 20 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 16:49

"I have been called silly many times before, not for distrusting Seers though." Samuel laughed. "Why would you let one person dictate your entire future - your whole actions?"

"She is only the Queen because Lucian thought she was nice enough for Conan, which he was clearly wrong about. I think she's a bitch."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 20:47

“Why would you not trust those blessed with the ability?”

“Maybe one day you’ll be great friends.” Dagmar hummed, reaching over and gently rubbing Karina’s arm.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 21:11

"What is to stop them from lying about what they see? What is to stop them from becoming power hungry? What is there to stop the manipulation?"

"You are my friend. I have no time for her. I am polite, it is all I have to be."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 22:29

“You’re very untrusting.”

“Just… don’t get on her bad side, just in case she decides to weild her power in worse ways.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 22:35

"I don't think someone should be inheritly trusted because they claim to see the future." He scoffed. "Take the current Seer, all seeing, all knowing yet she has a dead husband and didn't see the assination of the King? Come on now."

"She touches me and she will have The Guardian's to put up with. I am above King's and Queen's." Karina snorted softly. "I outrank almost everyone, as do my sisters. As did you, once, when you were a part of your sisterhood. We just allow all of these people to think they have power over us."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 22:44

“They see what they are shown.”

“And now I am a pariah. No sisters to speak of. So disgraced they won’t even station a Valkyrie here to replace me and liaise with you and your sisters lest I corrupt them.” Dagmar snorted, sadness tinging her tone. “The Queen has power over me whether Conan likes it or not, whether any of us like it or not.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 22:48

"She does not." Karina answered bluntly. "You are with me, and that bitch is so far beneath me sunlight won't touch her."

"And tell us what benefits them."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:00

“You’re angry a Seer didn’t prevent something in your life, aren’t you?” Kenna asked after a few minutes of quiet.

“I’m the mistress, a title Conan won’t even give me officially because he finds it offensive. I’m on the servant level of power around here, you are far above me.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 23:08

"Seers help the rich, they are assigned to keep King and Queens safe. They are assigned to keep themselves comfortable." Samuel swallowed. "You have lived in a world where you have not had titles, on the sea I don't imagine royal blood matters. Here though, it does. Seers don't exist to help people like me, Kenna. My future, or my families, means nothing to them."

"'Would you rather he give you that title?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:19

“His father didn’t have a mistress, but his grandfather had a few, from what I’ve learned. One consistent one who had the title, was even known to be on friendly terms with the wife… Her presence wasn’t considered a disrespectful thing, the way mine is, because of the title. The Eastern dignitaries brought their own harems, their mistresses when they came to his wedding. But none would even look at me because without the title to anyone who isn’t here day by day… I’m the equivalent of a maid who bore his bastards. A bed warmer. No matter how permanent I am in his life.”

“A Seer didn’t predict that childbirth would kill your mother… Or they saw it and didn’t tell you… which one?” Kenna asked, choosing her words carefully.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 23:30

"Arwen, Karina's second at the time, had seen two births, mine and the birth of a noble woman; Lady Elysia I think they called her. There weren't enough healers, only one mother would survive the birth. The richer family won that bet, which surprises no one. Despite my father working here since he was a teenager, despite... all of it."

"He spent too long with the humans, after the coup. Far too long hiding away from the world and becoming enthralled in romanticism." Karina whispered. "I can speak to him, if you'd like me to."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:40

“I’m sorry.” Kenna said sincerely, gently reaching out her hand to squeeze his shoulder. “The woman who killed my mother spends every night in the Kings bed, eats at his table… is adored… Knowing that some people will never pay for the harm they’ve caused is… indescribable sometimes, I understand that.”

“No, no no. He’s going through enough without me causing yet more problems for him.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 23 Oct - 23:48

Samuel snorted softly, lifting his hand up to take herself and squeeze it gently. "I suppose you understand as much as I do, the frustration of your parents meaning nothing in comparison to someone else's. Your life, as extension of that, meaning the same thing."

"It isn't a problem, being honest with one another isn't a problem."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 23 Oct - 23:54

“It is when I know how the conversation will go. When he has enough to deal with.”

“My father talks about the King being family but… He’s my fathers family. Not mine.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:03

"Even if it doesn't feel natural, you should embrace it." Samuel mumbled. "It'll like a win for all of us, someone like you having the safety that comes with having them as a family. Your father has.. easily slipped back into his royal role, maybe it won't take you as long as you think it will to learn."

"I will speak to him for you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 0:10

“Please, don’t. My entire existence only causes issues for Conan in this role. It’ll only make him more anxious.”

“Conan probably doesn’t even remember my name, Samuel. He laid thick on the family act to get me to help the bitch who killed my mother and then I don’t think he’s thought about me since. I’ve met a lot of royalty in my time… they at least feign interest in those around them.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:17

"I think the King is too fucking stupid to be malicious, honestly." Samuel scoffed, laughing had he not been so angry.

"Tough, Dagmar. Tough." Karina frowned. "These men need to start treating us with the respect we deserve. I am tired of tiptoeing around them."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 0:22

“And when Conan decides I am too much trouble I am out on my ear. So don’t.”

Kenna shrugged, bringing her knees up to her chest under the cover.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:27

"You aren't so stupid. To think a man can love you like he does and just... get rid of you." Karina swallowed. "The classic love story, you two are. Not meant to be together, but even more in love then the day you first realised it was true."

"If he treats you like shit, fuck 'em. You have a family, right?" Samuel hummed. "Unless, you want the connention then... fuck yourself. Be brave. You have that in you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 0:32

“I do… but my father wishes to remain here. And so my family is split.”

“Love fades… people can fall out of love… And eventually I may cause too many problems for him…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:37

"So what are you going to choose?"

"I don't agree with that." Karina mumbled. "I believe the opposite, I believe you grow to fall in love, not fall out of it. I didn't love Daniel when I met him, i humoured him and then in the end I was besotted with every thing I thought was mundane. I despised Emmett, the man made my skin crawl until I did not want a moment without him touching. Lucian, Lucian is too complex to describe. Every man before the three of them too, I could tell you something about them. No, you don't fall out of love. I am confident of that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 0:42

“At the moment I have no choice, as discussed. I am grounded, so to speak, by Farah and Lynette. So for now you are stuck with me.”

“You love love, mm?” Dagmar smiled softly, closing her eyes.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 0:50

"That's pathetic. No, no I don't." Karina muttered quietly, turning her head to look up at the ceiling. "I am just growing tired of everything being a battle."

"A pirate being grounded. Paramount to torture."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 1:00

“A very cruel punishment indeed.”

“Loving love isn’t pathetic… it’s hopeful.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 1:03

"I disagree. Let's just.. sleep." Karina mumbled, rolling over to turn her back to her, eyes closing.

"Tomorrow evening, will you accompany me to one of the taverns? May I begin to woo you?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next