BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 40 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Dec - 21:49

“Naughtiness as a child was punished with the silent treatment from my family. If one of us misbehaved, the others would be ordered to ignore them fact as if they did not exist until they were deemed punished. Not even the maids were allowed to speak to us. We were set alone in our rooms with minimal staff interaction - only what was necessary, until my father said so.” Indira whispered. “I was a wilful child and punished often.”

“Are you going to share them?” Isolde chuckled as she sat down, lifting her legs up to rest next to him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Dec - 21:55

"To starve someone of social interaction, the security it brings." Kael reached out as if to touch her, though didn't quite get far enough. Tapping the fabric between them instead. "That must have been dreadful for you, that must have been - Oh, and then we put you in here without anyone to speak to. I am sorry."

"Eilidh, Kyna, Meara." He hummed.

(( Just driving home, post in a bit ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Dec - 22:04

“It’s okay, you were attacked. Last thing in your mind is my comfort mm?” Indira shook it off. “I imagine it was often just as lonely for you growing up - nobody really your own age in the castle itself. Not that there were many even outside in the villages.”

“I would like to suggest Kaela as a middle name, if you are in agreement?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Dec - 23:39

"I was critically ill, then sickly." Kael whispered, glancing towards the door to try and avoid any eye contact. "After the first battles passed I began to heal, but the wasting was too ingrained. It was too close to taking me for all of it to go. Then the second battles hit, when it was safe enough I would join my parents, when it wasn't I would be here. It wasn't... it wasn't dreadful."

"Kaela, yes. I like that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Dec - 23:52

“So with that I think we should avoid ‘ah’ ending names for her first name, just so it rolls off the tongue better?”

“And somehow the sickly sapling somehow became a big tree of a man?” Indira chuckled, not unkindly. “It must still be such a strange feeling for you. Being so strong after getting used to not being so.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 0:09

"It doesn't matter how tall or strong I am, my father's hits still hurt the same as they did when I was growing." He laughed humourlessly, unbuttoning the sleeves of his shirt so he could push the fabric back on the arm closest to her and show the inflamed skin that framed the bark like, darkened skin. "It doesn't matter how much time passes. It has left a mark."

"Do you like Eilidh, or maybe Sioned?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 18 Dec - 0:49

“You beat it though… that’s what these are for, no?” Indira asked as she moved her fingers to hover above his marks. “The story of your survival you had etched into your skin.”

“Your family are from the south of the land, aren’t they? I was thinking we could use names from your home region, to connect our daughter there.” Isolde hummed, leaning back against him. “Elowen, Morfydd, Meraud, Seren, Bryher…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 1:00

"Morfydd was one I came across several months ago that I liked, yes."

"Touch them, if you like. I don't mind."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 18 Dec - 1:09

“Then we have a name? Morfydd Kaela…” Isolde grinned, taking Aodhän’s hand and resting it against her stomach. “Princess Mor…”

“Women do not get marks such as these where I am from. The greatest of warriors, of scholars and the like are permitted maybe one or two, no bigger than a thumbprint. It’s unseemly for a woman to be marked permanently as such. We use plants to dye the skin though in a similar fashion to the mens tattoos.” Indira murmured as she gently brushed her finger across the tattoos, as if tracing them. “Zoya is incredible with the designs. She can do it freehand without a stencil, her hands are so steady.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 1:18

"Mine need redoing, the imk fades over time with growth and change. I need to expand it too, I need to add more Fiadh, more.. more a lot of things . I think if I live as long as my parents I will very quickly run out of space on my skin." Kael chuckled, his free hand reaching across to trace a pattern against the crook of her neck. "I can see you having something right here, something permanent, I mean."

"That sounds right." Aodhän nodded. "I couldn't picture anything else more perfect."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 18 Dec - 1:25

“I do not think I have a story to tell yet. I haven’t lived through war like you, or survived a disease so cruel. Nobody has been taken from me by death. Compared to you I have accomplished nothing, have not faced any trials at all. I don’t believe I’ve earned anything permanent.”

“I hope Kael appreciates the nod to his own name, and it doesn’t upset him at all…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 1:29

"You have to believe you have earned it, or it can just be... something that represents who you are right now. What you encompass, through lines and circles or through creatures. Who you are is part of your story too."

"He will probably question his worthiness of it. The boy has little confidence."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 18 Dec - 1:36

“My father would be furious if I returned home marked. He would insist it is an injury.”

“Then I hope he knows that by doing it we find him worthy.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 1:46

"You are all modern enough to live in a city full of.. different species. Wolves with vampires, fae with angels. I think the rest of the values need to catch up with that, I think you are the perfect visionary for that." Kael whispered, "What does your perfect Baldruun look like?"

"We will see," Aodhän grimaced
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 18 Dec - 1:54

“Would you believe me if I told you I haven’t seen much of my own country? I haven’t seen much of the city where I called home. Ishaan and my other brother Arzen were allowed to come and go as they please. My sisters and I kept home. I had seen no forests until I came here, no mountains as such. I know snow exists as I’ve read of it but I’ve never seen it in person. The first time I have seen so much water was getting on the boat to sail out to come here.” Indira shrugged as she leaned back. “We went out to the theatre sometimes, there is a huge one in the city. But more often than not father would just have the performers come to the palace. He would forever be hosting parties or events or feasts of some sort. He only drinks on days the sun rises.” She snorted.

“He will be a good sibling to her, and I know if anything happens to us he would take care of her well.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 18 Dec - 2:09

"How exciting to have so much to see for the first time." Kael breathed, eyes shining. "How exciting to have do much of the world at your feet. Perhaps the cruelest part of us keeping you here, is the inevitably of going back."

"He is more excited by the prospect of the child then we are." Aodhän chuckled. "Though Wyatt came to me a few days ago, which is something I hadn't brought up yet. He wants to know if he can spend time with Kael away from duties, meals. He worries for him, now Fiadh has passed."

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://bestfruit4eva.forumotion.com/t470-hope-falls
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40