BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 21 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 1:13

“I’m not saying yes… but I’m not saying no… If I feel up to it, it is a yes…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 1:15

"That is good enough for me." Samuel grinned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 1:18

“Easily pleased mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 1:40

"Maybe. It isn't a bad thing."

((I am ready for a new day when you are ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 1:44

((Sure))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 13:31

Aodhän drifted in and out throughout the week, never conscious for more than a minute. As the sun rose outside of the window, causing rays of light to heat up his face, his eyes once again fluttered and just like the past few times as they opened wide,  he gasped. Fingers curling to grip onto the edge of the bed as arms, weak from lack of movement trembled under the force of him trying to push himself to a sitting position. Heart rate fast, fear and confusion palpable.

"They should be here any hour now," Kael spoke tiredly to Fiadh, eyelids heavy and hair dishevelled as he nuzzled his face into the pillow of their bed. "In his letter, King Horvat stated the Adair's were no longer captive. This will be the first time that I -" He let out a shaky breath, "King and Queen Zaretsky, King and Queen Horvat... and me. That is the attendance."

"Are we going to discuss our strategy going into this, or are we going to remain frosty and then having clashing approaches?" Conan asked Liara, ducking his head as their horses travelled beneath low hanging trees about a mile from the Fae's Palace.

"Do you remember the phrase to use, if you need to get out of there?" Magnus voice wad low to prevent fae ears from hearing as they approached the palace gates, casting a glance behind him to check on his wife. "If being around these... if you feel sick."

The door of Lucian's room would have creaked has it opened, the shadow of a woman marring the light that filtered through it. Her breathing even, head tilted to the side as she peered inside but didn't say a word. Devika, the first time she had visited, quietly watching.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 18:58

“You are strong enough to do this.” Fiadh assured, moving her hand to gently rest on Kael’s face, brushing her thumb across his cheek as she took in his features. “Your mother trusts you with good reason.”

“You tell me.” Liara held her reins tightly as she too headed under the branches, hyper aware of the journey. Having never been this far north before.

Thea nodded, her face pressed neutrally, having struggled to maintain her composure the further they got into Fae land. Taking a deep breath she carried onward, shoulders stiff.

Isolde was curled up on the chair beside Aodhän’s bed, a throw draped across her by a maid when she’d finally dropped off only around a half an hour ago. Having barely left her husbands side.

Lucian lay sleeping in the middle of his bed, awkwardly straight on his back - unable to lay more comfortably on his front now he no longer had use of his legs.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 20:11

Devika let out a slow breath as she stepped properly into the room, closing the door behind herself with enough force to possibly stir him. "Lucian?" She called gently.

Aodhän grunted at the effort it took to shuffle backward on the bed, closing his eyes with a sigh of relief when he finally found the headboard that could support his weight instead of his arms. Silent for minute, until his heartbeat had calmed, before he could glance around the room. Voice hoarse, "Sol..."

"They will question why she isn't there, they will question what - they will want to know how my father is." Kael swallowed. "I am scared I won't be able to deattach myself enough for those kind of questions. The rest, talking to them, planning, I know I can do that but not with the icyness my mother has."

Magnus encouraged his horse on, slowing it when it had fallen into space with Thea's mare. As close as he could be without reaching across to physically comfort her.

"I have no interest in playing these games with you here, Liara. You may have decided to dislike me but this is when we must pretend and to pretend you need to tell me what strategy you will be taking on."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 20:40

Isolde opened her eyes at her name being called, blearily looking around in tired confusion before her eyes snapped fully open when she realised Aodhän was awake. Making a small noise of surprise as she scrambled out of her seat to sit on the bed beside him, wordlessly pulling her husband into her arms and hurting her face in his shoulder as she rocked with him.

“You don’t need to be your mother… you don’t need to be icy like her. Be like you, Kael. You said you did good with the King last time, the Vampire King. You can do this.”

“I miss her.” Thea whispered sadly, talking about Zaria - who they’d made the choice to leave behind with Danica rather than bring her anywhere near the Fae. “None of this feels right…”

“Decided to dislike me,” Liara repeated with a snort. “You had to stop yourself vomiting after being near me, don’t act like this isn’t mutual. You going to sleep on a couch again when we get our room here like you have been on the inns on the way? I still make your skin crawl mm? You are the King. What you say, goes. So decide what it is you wish to do, how you wish to handle this and I shall follow suit. I am more than well behaved in public. I can follow your lead.”

Lucian startled awake, lifting his head to look around the room.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 20:52

"You're okay," Devika hushed as she crossed the room, grabbing a cushioned seat from the corner and pulling it to his bedside. Slightly breathless already, the longest she herself had been out of bed since the fire. "Just me."

"It is only him arriving out of those who came before
Prince Zaretsky isn't coming and the King... I hurt his mistress, the last time we were there. He won't be pleased." Kael swallowed, repeating, "This has become real, Fiadh, that's all. It was like playing pretend before that."

Aodhän flinched at the suddenness of it all, grunting at the pain the changed of pressure caused his body. His arms slowly moving to encompass her, fingers weakly tangling in her hair. "I intervened fast enough. You're okay?"

"I missed her last time aswell," Magnus grimaced. "We shouldn't be away from her, nor am I comfortable that you have to be here but I don't want to disempower you. You're more than a mother, always have been."

"Why would I want to fuck you, Liara?" Conan snapped. "I have always been clear that this union is a duty and if we were to be friends it would be better. I never promised you I would fall in love with you, want to lay with you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 21:20

“What makes you think I wanted to bed you either. There is a difference between this being a duty and us acting like it and then you going out of your way to make it very clear that I disgust you. If we were to be friends you could at least have pretended I don’t make you heave until you left my company. You paint yourself as a good, kind an honourable man, it is a liar of a portrait.” Liara seethed, gently tugging her reins to push her horse forward and away from Conan, moving out of his sight before her voice broke completely.

“Isolde has to see that I’ve not been broken.” Thea reached her hand over to squeeze his arm. “And I will show her. And I will show Zaria that I am strong…”

“You can either apologise for that, or let it lay.” Fiadh moved to rest up on her elbow, free hand going to his hair then, before leaning down to kiss him gently. “Let me take your mind off things before you go? Meeting them less stressed may help.”

“Devi… what are you doing here?”

“I am so much better now you’re awake.” Isolde let out a small sob, pulling away to take his face in her hands. “Oh I’ve missed those eyes Aodhän.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 21:33

"Going against my colleagues very clear and adamant instructions, checking on you as it appears you can not check in on me." Devika snorted softly in amusment, glancing over her shoulder toward the drawn curtains. "It is the middle of the day, would you like to see the sun? It feels miserable in here when it is dark."

Aodhän frowned at the sound of her sob, twirling a strand of her hair around his finger, though no petals formed like they normally would have - still completely burned out. His own eyes looking to her face, inspecting it thoroughly. "They must pay, whoever tried to harm you. They must pay."

"You know I am powerless to say no to you."

"There is no way in the universe that Zaria could see you any stronger," Magnus chuckled gently, reaching out himself to take her hand and squeeze it. "I believe in you."

"I am a good, kind an honourable man." Conan scoffed quietly.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 21:58

Fiadh chuckled, moving quickly to press her lips to his deeply, throwing her leg over his as her hand moved down his chest.

“I don’t care about people paying right now, just that you are alive. I have been so, so worried.”

“She must see this. That her mother isn’t cowed by the Fae. That she need not be either. I need to show her that I’m not scared.”

“Imagine your daughter receiving the treatment you have given me. You marry her to someone who professes to care and is decent and you think you have made the right choice and tell her that she’s going to be okay. And maybe it won’t be love but it won’t be horrible, it won’t make you feel worthless. But instead he makes her feel disgusting and leaves her crying in the marriage bed.”

“No. I don’t want to see the sun and I don’t want to see you. I was sleeping, please go.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 22:08

"You want to lay in darkness, then fine, but do not be so nasty. I haven't done anything to you." Devika snorted, resting arm on the back of the chair behind her, looking away from him.

"I made you cry by encouraging you to seek out love? To seek out... natural love instead of the situation we have found ourselves in?" He shook his head. "You came into this marriage thinking you could make me fall in love with you, and now you have realised you can't I am the villain. See me as you want to see me, I know who I am. If you don't wish to be friends then that is your failing, not mine."

Magnus nodded his acceptance. Dismounting, minutes later, as they arrived at the castle.
Passing the reigns of his horse to the fae staff as he offered Thea a hand down with his other hand.

"It is unlike you to fuss over a few hours of unconsciousness." Aodhän tutted softly, moving his hand around from her hair to rest his palm against her cheek. Thumb brushing a away a tear that rested against her skin, "It is unlike you to be so easily tearful. Are you sure the wolf didn't get to you? Are you sure you are okay?"

Kael's backed arched to press into her touch, digging his fingers into her waist and pressing his lips to the crook of her neck.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 22:23

“A few hours? No… no, my love. It’s been over a week.”

“It’s very much impossible to keep my hands off you, Prince Kael. I must say I’m rather impressed with myself that I managed to do it for so long.” Fiadh teased as she gently pushed him from his side to his back, gently kissing his neck before working her way down his chest.

“I didn’t come into this marriage expecting to feel used. You are still not understanding. You will never understand how utterly degrading that moment was in that bed. I can’t even sleep in it any longer because it just makes me feel so -“ Liara shook her head. “You’re not understanding, no matter what I say. How I say it. You just see yourself as a wronged man assaulted by someone who he didn’t want to be with.”

Thea remained on her horse, almost frozen in place as she took in the building in front of her. Swallowing thickly and letting out a deep exhale.

“Please leave.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 22:45

"I can't. I pushed myself walking down this hallway to get here, you must put up with me until I am confident I can go back to my own room without degraded myself."

"T," Magnus prompted quietly, hand reaching up to curl fingers around her hands and squeeze tightly. "They won't touch you."

"And every word you speak makes me even more inclined to rip my skin off of my body. So congratulations, we both feel disgusted with ourselves, yet I have not questioned your character once. You are venomous."

"You are a master of self restraint, Miss Seagrave." Kael purred the praise.

"A week? No.." Aodhän swallowed, shaking his head. "I would know if that were true. I would know."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 22:56

“I question your character because it requires questioning and your wholesome opinion of yourself is nothing but a facade.” Liara snorted. “But if my words affect you so then this shall be the last of them. Work your strategy on your own, Your Highness.” She sneered before trotting further onward.

Thea’s face screwed up briefly on the edge of tears as her mask slipped for a few seconds. Though quickly she shook her head at herself and took in a deep breath with her eyes closed. Stilling herself for another few moments before squeezing Magnus’ hand in return and using his help to get down off the horse.

“I didn’t know if you were going to wake up.” Isolde kissed the top of his head, voice wavering.

“I plan to completely strip you of yours by the time I’m done.” Fiadh smirked, carrying on further down his torso and remaining there.

“Then i shall be returning to sleep. Please don’t disturb me.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 23:02

"Vile man." Devika reprimanded, voice shaking. "They told me, how nasty you had become and I had assured them it couldn't be true. Said you weren't like that.. said it must be a facade. Perhaps it is a facade and I am just naive to believe you would drop it around me."

"What a silly thing to question," Aodhän frowned, stretching his back enough to rest his chin on top of her head. Arms bundling her up to pull her into his body. "I never intend on leaving you. You are stuck with me for as long as you breath."

"Go home, Liara." Conan commanded icily. "If we are not working collaboratively then I have no use for you here. Take four of the guards, and go home."

Magnus wrapped an arm around her waist, leaning in to press his lips to the side of Thea's head. Following as they were guided into the castle and brought to their guest chambers.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 23:13

“I love you, Aodhän. You - you are everything to me. To Kael. I was so - I truly thought you may leave me.”

Liara ignored the order, stonily staring ahead at the castle.

Thea kept her grip tight, her eyes on the floor as they walked.

“Requiring peaceful sleep doesn’t make me nasty. Please be quiet.” Lucian moved to lay back down, closing his eyes.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 23:28

"You are icing me out because you wish I hadn't saved you, well, fuck you. If this is the person you have become, I wish I hadn't too." Devika snarled. "Plenty of fucking people died, good people. People who would have been happy to be breathing, rather than being a spoilt royal whom behaves like a victim to the people who have the audacity to give a shit."

"Liara. Leave!" Conan demanded, hurrying his horse forward to bring it to a stop in front of hers. Stony faced, "You are not mature enough for this. Your brothers training is not extensive enough, clearly, and I will not be humilated because you are unable to discuss strategy with me when a strategy is needed."

"Kael. How is Kael, and the baby? Tell me how my children are, if it has been as long as you say - if it was as dire as you say."

"Lift your head, my Queen." Magnus encouraged gently, his free arm hooking around her waist to bring her in. Shielding her from the environment as much as he could, "Lift it until we are in private. Show them you are not afraid."

Kael moaned her name breathlessly, hands lifting up to run at his face in frustration when there was a knock on the door. The voice of one of the guards sounded a moment later.

"Your Highness, your guests have arrived."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 24 Oct - 23:40

“I shan’t be going back unless you match me back yourself. Then neither of us shall be attending this meeting and you’ll be humiliated either way. Rock and a hard place it seems.”

Thea swallowed, nodding as she lifted her head, grip tightening on Magnus’ hand.

“Well, they know how to ruin the fun don’t they? Or we could ignore them and I could get back to what I started.” Fiadh hummed, head popping out from under the covers and chin resting on his chest.

“Baby is fine, Kael is… he is also worried about you. He has been worried sick.”

“Your opinion has been noted. Good day Devika.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 24 Oct - 23:57

"Is there a reason you torment me other than the fact I did not want to have intercourse with you, You Highness? Surely you are not just a pathetic woman with a hurt ego?"

"I have to be a grown up today." Kael huffed unhappily. "We can continue this later?"

Magnus remained silent until they were in the quarters, and the door had been closed behind them. "You done well. Just.. keep trying, like you have."

"Poor boy, far too sensitive for his age." Aodhän chuckled, the motion causing him to turn his head to the side and hack up a cough.

Devika pushed herself up, making no effort to try and disguise how the motion made her breathing hitching in the back of her throat, nor how she visibly liked towards the curtains of the room. Heaving them open to let the sun come in. "Pirate bastard, like the ones who killed me back in the day. Entitled, shitty, sailors. I should have listened to my gut about you. Shouldn't have risked my wings for you. Ungrateful bastard. Royal, self-entitled shit."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 25 Oct - 0:15

“Wonderful words, you’re a poet.”

“What was the point in this marriage if you aren’t even going to put the bare minimum of effort into it? If you can’t disguise your disgust for me I see no reason as to why I should behave. You know what your poor acting will result in, Conan? Both of our heads on the block when they come for us. It’s laughable you think this sham of a marriage will fool anyone into thinking you’re doing your duty towards the realm when your nose practically turns up every time I am near. I don’t think you realise just how very bad you are at disguising the distaste. And when your Lords grow tired of the facade, and realise you will never be the King they want, I am now bound to you and it’ll be I that suffers next to you too. I thought they were so silly the way they would talk about you. The King who has spent too much time reading human fairytales who believed love would conquer all and patch up holes in the universe, who would let his Kingdom burn for the woman he loved. But it’s true; and it’s frightening you’re so in the clouds.”

“I suppose so.” Fiadh pouted, leaning up and kissing his cheek before moving to lay on her side. “Get dressed and brace yourself, my love.”

“You should rest, you need rest.”

“These walls are practically screaming…”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 25 Oct - 0:29

"Patronising! Patronising! After everything I risked for you - you out of everyone shouldn't kno-"

"Devika." Karina voice would have boomed, had it not be a whisper. The verocity of it encompassing everything a yell would have held, it only taking a motion to dismiss the healer and send her out before the room went dark again. Karina, having closed the curtains, laying where she had every other day, on her side beside Lucian on the bed.

"I will be counting down the hours until I can come back to bed with you," Kael assured quietly.

"My cousin lay paralysed in bed, my neck is scarred from the jaws of a wolf. Half of my home, my parents home lay in ruin on the floor. Staff whom have served for year are in temporary accommodation. I don't care about you feeling unloved, not in comparison to all of that. Now is not the time. Leave your ego where you stand."

"Screaming? Explain."

"Based on what you have said, I have had plenty of rest." Aodhän answered lightly, pressing his lips to the top of her head. "Stay here with me, I will try not to sleep."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 25 Oct - 15:51

Lucian closed his eyes once more as he settled back down to sleep.

“I shall be right here waiting for you.”

“I am sat. And you’ll be thankful for my ego when you fall into another self pitying spiral that you’re prone to.”

“It’s hard to explain when you’re not a Seer… I can just tell that touching so much in this place would trigger visions of horror. The walls have seen a lot…”

“Your body clearly needs more though, you went through something horrific… you almost died.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next