BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 40 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 22:48

“He had time.” Karsi broke, tears running down her face as she pressed her forehead to Thomas’ hand. “Another ten, twenty years. Goddamned thirty with all the fucking science we have. He.. wasn’t supposed to go yet. Not like this. Not yet. He’ll never get to meet our daughter... he was excited... it wasn’t his time.” She sobbed.

Maddox was trembling, biting his nails nervously as he watched his mother cry, guilt written all over his face.

“No, the business isn’t important right now.” Astrid shook her head, resting her forehead against his. “Everything that is important right now is right here in this room...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 22:55

"Stop, stop. You are going to hurt yourself." Marlowe frowned, moving one of her hand to take on if her and bring it into her so he wouldn't bite at those nails. Not wanting to move both of her arms from around him, so letting him keep his other hands so she could hold him. "This isn't your fault, my love. You tried, you didn't stop not once until those paramedics basically dragged you off. There isn't anything more you could of done."

"I know," Louis answered, keeping his voice quiet to try and mask how thick it was. Making his way over he reached over to take one of her hands. "I know, it isn't fair."

Reid smiled at that, moving his hand up to tangle his fingers in her hair and kiss her deeply.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 23:02

Karsi dissolved at his touch, sobbing her heart out as she lifted herself and moved to lean against Louis, completely heartbroken.

“I didn’t do enough to save him... I should’ve saved him. He didn’t have to die.” Maddox sniffed as he pulled his hands away to wipe furiously at his eyes. “I didn’t do enough.”

Astrid wrapped her arms around the back of his neck as she matched his kiss, going up onto her tiptoes in eagerness.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 23:07

"You done everything you possibly could of, and more." Marlowe assured softly. "You can't save everyone, sweetheart. No matter how hard you try to bring them back, sometimes it is just out of our control. You tried. This is not your fault."

Louis closed his eyes, not quick enough to stop his own tears from falling. Wrapping his arms around to hug her tightly, choosing not to speak so she wouldn't hear his voice break.

Reid took it as an invitation to lift her up off of her feet, placing her down on the counter.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 23:16

Karsi remained as she was for a long while, eventually her tears stopped a she tried to slow her breathing out. Pulling away from Louis and wiping at her eyes as she took her fathers hand again, speaking in a whisper; “I won’t let you down dad. I promise. Nobody will ever forget who you are. And I’ll make sure I tell my kids all about you, that they know you loved them… I never properly thanked you for everything, or told you how much I loved you even though I was a pain in the ass. I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you I loved you more often, but I did…”

“I’ve not saved anyone. I couldn’t save Aiden or Aaron. Couldn’t save father...”

Rose got up from her seat and headed to Thomas’ room, throwing her hand behind her in a stay motion so none of her remaining sons followed her.

“Already too heavy to keep up?” Astrid chuckled as she locked her ankles together to bring him closer.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 23:25

"There has been so much lose, everyone has been through so much," She sympathised, keeping her voice gentle. "It is not your responsibility to save the family, love. I know that is what you set out to do but it is too much. You are too hard on yourself because of it, it is going to break you. No one could have saved them, sweetheart. That's the horrible reality of it all. There is no one to blame."

"He knew you loved him," Louis whispered thickly, glancing over his shoulder when he heard the door open and Rose walk in.

"Mm, see I told you that you weren't fat." He laughed.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 23:31

“I’d like a moment alone, please.” Rose asked quietly. Karsi turned round to look at her mother, the haunted expression on her face causing her to just nod.

“Goodbye daddy.” Karsi whispered, leaning over to kiss Thomas’ forehead, squeezing his hand gently one last time before getting up and leaving the room.

“If he hadn’t met you he would’ve been able to carry on his studies. Maybe he would’ve been able to save father after all.” Dane sniped from where he was in the corner.

“Dane stop. You heard what the doctor said; there was nothing they could do.” Cal mumbled before getting up. “I need a drink...” he sighed deeply before leaving the room.

“That’s right, break your sobriety! Dad would be so fucking proud Caliban!” Dane hissed after him.

Astrid sighed deeply when her phone began to ring again in her bag, the vibration against the wall causing it to grow louder and louder. “Alex must be really pissed I’ve left him...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 23:39

Marlowe just shook her head gently in Dane's direction, turning her attention back onto Maddox and kissing the top of his head gently. "I need to stop Cal from doing something he'll regret. I won't be long, or far." She promised, brushing her thumb against his cheek and reiterating, "This wasn't your fault." before getting to her feet and leaving the room. Picking up the pace to jog after Caliban, "Cal, hey.. wait."

Louis quietly followed Karsi out.

"You should get it, he is killing the mood anyway."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 23:44

“I’d like to be alone Marlowe. Please. My brother needs you more than I.” Caliban said tiredly, not stopping his pace.

Once they were out of the room, Karsi leaned into him heavily, burying her face in his chest.

“Plenty of time later huh?” Astrid smiled before slipping down and grabbing her phone from her back and answering it. “Hey dad, sorry I’ve - “ she started cheerily, though her expression soon dropped. “Daddy I’m so sorry... I - I’ll be home soon. Promise. I’ll be right back... tell grandma I love her.” She whispered, ending the call and moving to leave heavily against the side.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 23:48

"Just one hug." She answered, reaching ahead to try and grab his wrist in an attempt to slow him down. "Then I will leave you be, I promise."

Louis held her close.

Reid watched closely, the smile disappearing from his face when the atmosphere changed. "Astrid... what is it?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 25 Jan - 23:55

“Grandpa had a heart attack... he didn’t make it.” Astrid said quietly. “He never got to find out he was gonna be a great grandpa...”

“Just leave me alone. Please.” Caliban stopped, pulling his hand away. “Go back to Maddox.”

“He loved you too...” Karsi whispered, voice muffled in his clothes. “You were like a son to him.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 25 Jan - 23:59

"I will, after this." Marlowe promised, moving in front of him so she could slip her arms around and hug him tightly.

"Oh shit. Are you- of course your not uh.." Reid lifting his hand up and glanced around the room. "Lets... let's get you home to be with your family, hm?"

"Don't." Louis whispered, tangling his fingers in her hair.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 0:05

Karsi nodded, not pushing the subject as she remained still for a few moments to compose herself. “I want to go be with Cain...”

Caliban stood awkwardly, trying to curb his frustration and not remove her forcefully. “Are you done Marlowe?”

“Danes blaming you and Ronan... I think I have to go myself. I don’t want to risk you if he starts being a dick.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 0:09

Reid snorted at that, "Seriously? Why would it be anything to do with me and Ronan. None of what happened with Rowan was anything to do with us, he made us all suffer too not just your family. Is Dane stupid?"

Marlowe stepped back and sighed, studying him closely before nodding and heading back into the waiting room without another word.

"Are you sure? I- I don't think that is such a great idea right now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 0:11

“Your brothers been sleeping with his wife, ex wife, mother of his kid, whatever for the best part of fifteen years. He has a bone to pick. I don’t want him deciding to pick that bone with you.”

“You don’t?” Karsi moved away to look at him, confused.

Maddox was still in his chair, head in his hands as he closed his eyes.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 0:18

"I want to be there for you," Reid answered with a frown. "He is just going to have to cope with me being part of the family now, Astrid. With the baby in the picture, Dane can get over it. Whatever beef he has with Ronan is their business."

Louis shook his head, "He'll know we are upset, will pick up on it. I don't want that."

"See, told you I wouldn't be long." Marlowe whispered as she sank into the seat beat him. Slipping both of her arms around his shoulders once again to pull him into her. Lowering her head to kiss the top of his.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 0:18

"I want to be there for you," Reid answered with a frown. "He is just going to have to cope with me being part of the family now, Astrid. With the baby in the picture, Dane can get over it. Whatever beef he has with Ronan is their business."

Louis shook his head, "He'll know we are upset, will pick up on it. I don't want that."

"See, told you I wouldn't be long." Marlowe whispered as she sank into the seat beat him. Slipping both of her arms around his shoulders once again to pull him into her. Lowering her head to kiss the top of his.

-------

https://bestfruit4eva.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=381
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40