BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 20:37

"I was aiming for your brother, it is your sister-in-law who made me pull the trigger." Rowan answered with a shrug. "It is what Ronan gets for trying to be a martyr, as for Reid I don't understand why we are making such a big deal of any of it. Reid hardly contributes to my family, does minimal. They could both die and I wouldnt care."

"I'd rather not think about that right now," Marlowe whispered, glancing over her shoulder when she heard Thomas enter the room. "I will leave you two be, do you mind if Sienna stays in here though? I don't want to disturb her when she is being so quiet."

"Why don't they get over with an-" He began, cutting off with a flinch when he heard gun shots down the hall. Moments later the door unbolting and swinging up, Dorian leaning heavily against the doorway and reaching a hand out in offering to Astrid. Gun balancing off his fingertip and drenched in blood. "Quick. Quick we need to get out of here."

Louis was soon walking through the hospital, heading toward Karsi's ward.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 20:42

"There's no need." Thomas shook his head before looking to Rose. "Dane has been dropped off at the facility by Maddox. I know you have a soft heart, but he is to remain there until everything is sorted and he is well enough to come back out. No taking pity like you did with Karsi and Caliban numerous times. Dane has caused far too much strife, he is not well." he said not unkindly, though firmly before heading back out of the room.

"There was no need to pull a gun out in the first place. The money has gone to your head Rowan, you weren't always so fucking stupid. You and Ronan were close last time I saw the two of you together, what happened?"

Astrid also flinched, hand going up in front of her face when the door opened and exposed the light. "Help me help Reid." She said as she moved to stand, once she assessed the situation. "We're not leaving him."

The doctor came out of Karsi's room just before Louis got in. Karsi was sat on the bed, already dressed and prepared to go in her own clothes, though she usually kept up good spirits, especially with Louis around, she just stared blankly after the doctor.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 20:54

Louis gave a nod of greeting to the doctor as he wandered passed though didn't spend much time on the doctor after that. Offering Karsi a warm smile when he saw her, "There you are, time to get you out of this place; back to the kittens, they've missed you. We know how awful these hospitals are to be in."

Mr. Langstead (Noah), cautiously edged into his sons room. Inhaling sharply as he took in all of the machines, taking the clipboard off of the end of the bed and skim reading the notes section. Not noticing quite yet if anyone else was quite in the room.

Marlowe grimaced as she listened to the update on Dane, waiting until Thomas Thomas left once again before looking over to Rose and whispering. "I- I'm sorry, it must be so hard for you. Are you okay?"

"Things change, Caliban." Rowan answered bluntly, "And our family dynamic is nothing to do with you, I mean look at the state of your family. You have all always been a mess."

"I didn't get a good enough shot to kill them and I don't know if they called for back up, so if he can't run then we are dragging him across the damn floor." Dorian answered, stepping into the room and forcing Reid up to his feet rather roughly.

Reid opened his mouth to complain at the pain it caused his arm, though this motion simply hurt his jaw even more. Cause an shudder of pain to go through his body. Not having a chance to get over that pain before Dorian was forcing him forward.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 21:03

Bella was asleep curled up in the chair next to Ronan's bed, her left arm in a sling to minimise the damage from the bullet, but her free hand was holding Ronan's, grip still there as she dozed, she'd not left the hospital since they'd been brought in, though Louis had brought her essentials, having left her son with Rose.

"I lost it." Karsi blurted out when she saw him, though shook her head and closed her eyes for a moment before backtracking. "They said I was - I was pregnant. Was... it wasn't a baby though, there would've never been a heartbeat, too early for that... just cells. Nothing left of it anyway just enough stuff in there leftover so that they know I was - didn't even notice when they first did the scans and the xrays because it didn't really exist in the first place..." she whispered faintly, barely able to look at him. 

"Dane's been under immense stress since Aiden died. He looked up to him a lot. And for all his sins he does love Isabella dearly. I think the last year or so has really dragged his mind out and I think it cracked last week... he does need help before he actually kills someone." Rose said sadly. "Thomas is right... he's not well."

"I wouldn't leave any of my family to just bleed out and die. Even Altair and you know what a bastard he is. Family is family."

Astrid did her best to shoulder as much of Reid's weight as she could bear, letting Dorian take the lead as they headed out.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 21:13

Dorian followed green luminescent signs towards the exit, cursing quietly when he heard yelling behind them. Throwing the emergency doors open and pushing Reid and Astrid out ahead before closing the door behind them; staying behind to hold the men off.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Reid bit out, stumbling when he no longer had Dorian supporting his weight aswell.

"Well, obviously our situations are very different. If they both die, then they die. The family wealth and power all falls to me and me only, as Altair gladly pointed out River is so ill constantly that she will never have responsibility."

"Mm, unwell or not I imagine it doesn't make the situation any easier for you. I hope he heals as quickly as possible though, mental wounds can be the hardest to deal with."

"You- There was..." Louis stumbled over his words, lifting a hand up to touch her hand gently before pulling her into a hug. Lost for words that were really worth anything.

Noah frowned when he noticed her, clearing his throat to try and wake her.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 21:21

"You're telling me that you feel nothing at the thought that Ronan might die and Reid might not be recognisably human by the time we get to him? That stirs up nothing at all?"

Astrid crouched and moved to sit Reid on the floor before running to the doors and tugging at them with the one hand. "Dorian! Don't be a fucking martyr Dorian!" She screamed as she banged on the door.

"I fear my family is falling apart entirely in truth, Marlowe." Rose whispered, wringing her hands. "We just got it stable again after Caliban and Karsi's issues, and then Karsi nearly died and again we were just patching things up when Aiden died. And it's just felt like dominos toppling over since then. Thomas is a robot, he eats and sleeps because it is necessary then he and Altair are out traipsing all over for leads on who organised Aiden's death. Caliban got what he wanted with the divorce but he's on autopilot as well because both his older brothers and his younger siblings are consistently falling apart. Dane has blown that marriage apart beyond all recognition. They were just about keeping their head over water for the sake of Rhys after he strangled her but now that he's shot her? Thomas is highly aware he can't allow it to carry on - Bella's father is Thomas's equivalent in France and he is livid at how bad it's gotten under his nose so as soon as the business with the Langstead's is done we will have Rousseaux to deal with - and none of that is taking into account the fact that my granddaughter may never return which will... if they don't find Astrid alive it will be the final nail in a coffin that's already brimming with skeletons."

"I know we weren't ready but we would've been by the time - " Karsi started, though stopped when she lifted her hand to her face and it came away wet. "I didn't know... I wouldn't have gone if I knew... I'm sorry."

Bella came round slowly, moving her hand from Ronan's to rub at her face, though as soon as she opened her eyes she jumped a little. "Noah - I - " she whispered, pulling the throw off of her with the intention to get up.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 21:30

"You needn't move," Noah answered calmly, lifting a palm towards her when she went to stand. "I only thought it were fair that you were aware I was here. Have you moved since two day ago?"

"Don't," Louis shook his head, "There aren't any need for words, or apologies. There was a baby, even if it wasn't... a baby yet. You can cry, we can grieve just the same."

Marlowe slowly made her way over to Rose's chair, sitting down on the arm of it as she let her speak. When she had finished, she slipped her arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "I wish there was a way I could make any of it better for you- our family. I really do. All we can do is hold each other when times get hard."

"Astrid, come on. Leave him, we have to get to a pay phone, find a stranger and use their mobile. We have to do something.."

"No, nothing."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 21:42

"They make me leave for like half an hour every now and then so they can change his dressings and things, I usually go get a shower or grab food but then I come straight back. He's not been on his own for longer than five minutes if that..." Bella whispered, sitting back down and gently taking Ronan's hand in her own, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Karsi nodded, resting her head against his shoulder, trembling for a few minutes until she took a deep breath and moved to stand. "Home... no more time here. I don't want to spend any more time here..." she took his hand in her own.

"I think the thing that gets me the most is other than Cal... their birth mothers are all still alive. They all chose to walk away and leave the boys with Thomas. Would you be able to leave Sienna behind with Maddox, knowing what you know about this family? I know you're aware of what happened with Astrid but nothing like that was in place when Thomas' ex wives left. Thomas offered them all money or custody and they all took the money, signed away their rights and never looked back. They're out there still, and their sons are suffering and I - " Rose shook her head then, putting a hand on her chest to steady herself. "I cannot help but think that the boys would be a little less fragile if they didn't all feel so abandoned."

"I'm not leaving him!" Astrid cried then as she banged on the door. "Dorian! Dorian!" she screamed, voice breaking.

A car skidded as it pulled up alongside them, having been circling the area. Maddox got out quickly, leaving the door open and the engine on as he sprinted towards them.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 21:48

"I have never been more relieved to see a Levi in my life," Reid gasped in relief when Maddox stepped out of the car, though ended up groaning in pain - constantly forgetting just how bad his jaw was. Grabbing a hold of Astrid's wrist he attempted to stumble towards the car with her, though could barely move her - too weak.

"I would have to be killed before I ever left her," Marlowe whispered, her gaze going over to watch Sienna then. "I- It is unbelievable, the things people do for money. They all have you though, think how fragile they would all be if they didn't have you to fill in for their own blood mothers short comings."

Louis nodded subtly, kissing her forehead gently before slipping an arm around her waist and leading her out and back to the car.

"Mm. Why do you care so much for my son?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 22:04

"I've loved him for years..." Bella whispered. "Both Ronan and Rowan we - we were all in the same circle. I got shipped over here when I was a kid, you know my dad didn't wanna deal with me. The Levi's, your sons, they became the family that I didn't have since mine didn't want me. I know you probably don't remember me much if at all - I dont even know if you were around but your sons would invite me home some weekends, pass me off as River's friend so you wouldn't lecture them about bringing a girl back even though it wasn't like that then." she laughed softly, though it only encouraged the tears that were brimming in her eyes to fall. "Ronan and me ended up doing a few jobs together, you know on the modelling front. We just got close - and then I married Dane and Ronan started working for both you and the King's and his schedule was packed... we just saw each other whenever we could, parties, events. I guess I fell in love with him in all the chaos."

"There's only so much I could do... I think the damage is already there. You see it in all of them... and I think the cracks are only just starting to show at this point."

"Does dad want me home or at the manor?" Karsi asked quietly as she got into the car, fastening herself in.

"I watched Aiden die and Karsi nearly joined him, I would've died for either of them. Do you not feel that for Ronan, for River?"

Astrid shrugged him off, managing to break through the door with her shoulder before running in.

Maddox swore violently, helping Reid in the car and handing him his phone. "Your father, my family, let them know you're out and that I've gone in for Dorian and Astrid." he breathed before sprinting in after his neice.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 22:16

Reid gave a nod of confirmation, create a group text instead of calling each individual. It's Reid, I'm in Maddox's car. He has gone back in after Dorian and Astrid as they are all attempting to be matry's - don't call back. My jaw is fucked so trying to avoid speaking. He sent to his father as well Thomas.

Dorian was just in a hallway around the corner. Gasping for breath and clawing at his own neck as a man choked him with a rope, at their feet were multiple bodies - Dorian obviously having managed to take out most of them but not been expecting his current attacker.

"No." Rowan answered with a shake of his head. "We can finish this conversation now, Caliban. We obviously view siblings and their worth in different ways."

"The Manor, he wants everyone there. It is safer to keep everyone together."

"You need to give yourself more credit." Marlowe whispered.

Noah listened in silence, only looking down when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Sighing in relief at the message he read, "The Levi boy - Maddox - he found them. Reid is safe. Now it is just Ronan that has to pull through and that will be all of them accounted for."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 22:23

"He will pull through." Bella swallowed thickly, squeezing Ronan's hand. "He has to..."

Maddox, having no time to waste on niceties, pushed Astrid to the side when he quickly caught up with her. Looking between Dorian and his attacker before simply drawing his gun out and firing straight at the attackers head.

"More credit for being the failing glue of a broken family?" Rose whispered, looking up as Thomas came into the room. 

"Maddox has rescued Reid and gone back in after Dorian and Astrid. They've found them, I've sent Altair and Caius after the location the text has been tracked from."

"Lucky for you, your sibling is now accounted for." Cal held his phone up as he read the message, the text having been forwarded on and unsure if Maddox would've had Rowan's number in his phone to text him. "They've been found alive."

"Do we - do we have to tell them now?" Karsi asked quietly, looking over to him with a sad face. "I don't want to but if you need to then that's okay."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 22:30

Louis shook his head in the negative, "What good would it do, it doesn't change anything. I am perfectly fine with it going no further than us. We can get through this without everyone fussing, and there is enough for everyone to deal with right now anyway."

"Oh wonderful, I am overjoyed." Rowan answered sarcastically, making his way over to the bar to pour himself a drink. "Time for it to be all about Reid for the next six months then."

Marlowe's breath caught in her throat, paling when he said Maddox had gone back in. Curling her fingers into her palms and clenching her fists tightly.

As the man fell, Dorian stumbled forward. Doubling over to cough violently, close to throwing up as he panicked to inhale enough oxygen.

"Critical is never a good word, especially after a week and having no progress. I- We will see what happens. He obviously cares for you deeply, he doesn't throw himself in front of guns for anyone, even if he pretends he does."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 22:36

"Thank you..." Karsi whispered, leaning her head against the window then.

"What the fuck happened to make you so bitter about your own siblings. We don't know what state he's in and you're annoyed he's actually survived?!"

"Maddox we - "

"He's gone back in after Dorian and Astrid, making sure the Langstead boy was safe. He is trained, he is armed. He will succeed." Thomas stated, unable to consider any other option.

"Come on, move!" Maddox hissed, dragging him with one hand and grabbing Astrid with his other as he pulled both of them out and towards the car.

"This is all my fault... I'm so sorry." Bella cried then, freeing her hand from Ronan's to wipe at her face. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I - "

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 22:42

"It is no one's fault other than Rowan's and you needn't fret. He will be dealt with. His behaviour has been erratic recently, he is becoming close to savage with how power hungry he is becoming."

Dorian stumbled as he was pulled, doing his best to keep up. Instantly putting his head into his hands and biting his fist to stop himself from throwing up when he was tumbled into the car.

Reid lifted a hand to pat Dorian on the back with a small frown.

"Of course he will," Marlowe whispered nervously, "He's extraordinary." Though still, she got to her feet and began to pace the room.

"I'm not entertaining this conversation anymore." Rowan stated, sipping his drink.

Louis began the drive back. Asking cautiously after a few minutes, "I haven't wanted to ask, because of the history and now probably isn't appropriate either but.. how are you feeling, about Marlowe's brother being one of the hostages?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 22:50

"The same way I feel about Reid being a hostage... he doesn't deserve to die and I hope they find him. It was nothing major with Dorian. I felt trapped and he was an outlet that I knew all of five minutes... I'll be sorry if anything happens to him but more because I'm the one who dragged him and Marlowe into all of this, so I'm responsible..." Karsi whispered. "Why do you want to know?"

"We tolerate this level of behaviour from Altair because for all his attitude stinks he'd step up in front of a bullet for all of us. You need to check your attitude." Caliban hissed before leaving the room.

"The gun was necessary to stop you dying. I apologise because I know what it means to you but I'm not sorry for saving your ass." Maddox said as he shoved Astrid in the back too, getting into the drivers seat and setting off.

"Maddox will be okay... they all will." Rose whispered with a nod, looking over to Sienna.

"What happened?" Bella asked quietly. "Rowan was always a dick - like Altair. But he was never this bad. The way he was in the room that day - the way he just walked out and left Ronan to bleed out... when did he get so cold?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 22:59

"I assume Ronan never kept it to himself, as he was asked to." Noah began, letting out a slow breath before explaining. "When the doctor put a time limit on River, he disconnected from everything. Even though the light for her is brighter now, he hasn't changed his emotional stance. River has always been the boys glue really."

Marlowe just swallowed thickly, lifting her daughter up and smelling the top of her head gently as she held her close. Humming softly to her daughter to distract herself.

Dorian didn't respond, frozen where he was until a few minutes into the journey when he finally leant back. Turning his head to the side to look at Astrid.

"I just feel like it has been an elephant in the room, I just had to ask. It isn't often your wife's one night stands are in the family picture constantly."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 23:06

"The threats Altair made I - " Bella shook her head. "I didn't know what drugs she was taking, it only clicked a few days ago, Ronan never mentioned the name of the drug before so I never even thought about it -  but it was something I worked on as part of the Levi research team before I had Rhys, I stepped back from work officially then because I wanted to look after my son but... if the Levi's try and follow through with withholding it, I have enough of the research backed up on my own personal files to hand over to you to recreate for River."

"I'm sorry for what I did, if I could take it back I would." Karsi turned to him then, the regret clear on her face. "I'm sorry you're still hurt by it..."

Astrid was staring out the window, face completely blank - shellshocked.

"The meeting went badly, everyone got heated and guns were drawn. Rowan shot Ronan, Ronan's not woke up yet. Dane did further damage by adding in another shot later but the most was done by your own brother... " Maddox looked to Reid as he drove.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 23:12

Reid tensed at that, simply just giving a very subtle nod to show that he had heard. Not wanting to put up with the pain to comment on it though, knowing whatever it is he had to say Maddox would probably be able to predict as a response anyway.

Dorian hesitantly slipped his arms around Astrid's shoulders, edging himself slightly closer to her.

"No, no I'm not hurt by it. It isn't hurt, more... curiosity." Louis whispered,.getting out of the car once they had pulled over.

"Thank you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 23:17

Bella was quiet then, smoothing over Ronan's hair with her hand before taking his own again, resting her forehead against his as she whispered nothings to him. "Please wake up Ro..."

Maddox pulled over at the hospital after a minute, getting out and helping Reid out, taking him to reception.

Astrid didn't acknowledge the car stopping or her uncle getting out, leaning her head against the window as she let out a shaky breath.

"What else do you want to know?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 23:19

"That's it, really." Louis answered, pulling the door open for her.

"Asa..." Dorian whispered after a few more moments of stillness. "Come on. We have to get out now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 23:23

Karsi got out of the car then, wrapping her arms around herself as she leaned into him, following his lead.

"You left me... you locked me out and left me." Astrid whispered after a few seconds.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 23:27

Louis headed inside with her, heading straight up to her old room; hoping they wouldn't be stopped along the way.

"I was making sure you were safe, giving you more time to get away." Dorian replied quietly, "I love you, stupid. I'm always going to make your safety my priority."

"Get the hospital to call me if there are any updates, remember to look after yourself." Noah eventually told Bella before heading out of the room. Initially heading toward the hospital exit but stopping when he spotted Maddox and Reid, going over to join them. "I can take over from here, you look after yiur family. Thank you Maddox."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 23:33

"Kar - " Caliban called when he saw them halfway up the stairs, sprinting up to join them though stopped when Karsi just turned to face him and shook her head, the look on her face enough to have him stepping backwards a few steps before turning round completely.

Karsi just headed into her room and sank down on the bed for a few seconds before curling herself into a ball.

"I think it's just superficial damage, he'll need his jaw wiring and all of that but I don't think it's anything long term. He's struggling to speak." Maddox told him before getting out his phone, sending out a few different texts before sending a simple I'm okay to Marlowe.

"You were just gonna leave me. What am I supposed to do if you die?" Astrid cracked then, putting her hand to her mouth to stifle her sobs, body shaking with the effort.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 23:40

Thank god. What about Dorian and Astrid? Do what you have to do and get back here. Full peace of mind won't come until I see you x Marlowe text back as she moved Sienna onto one arm, looking over to Rose and offering her a tired smile. "Mads is okay, he just text."

"Thanks," Noah repeated, resting his hand on Reid's shoulder to encourage him forward as a doctor motioned for them to follow.

Dorian done his best to pull her into his arms properly then, resting his head on top of hers and whispering; "You're safe, Asa. We all are. It's over now."

Louis closed the door behind them, sitting down next to Karsi and tugging her onto his lap.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next