BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 38 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 15:40

(( My lift is running late Sad Ut'll either be good news or horrific news - he has very limited use of his back legs right now, came on really suddenly ))

"Just crutches," Marlowe hummed as she made her way into the hospital room they had brought Maddix into, the wait for the two of them having been long due to the severity of everyone else's injuries. "A fracture, not even a break; turns out I am just being a baby. Rest it and it'll heal itself, good news, hm?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 15:40

(( My lift is running late Sad Ut'll either be good news or horrific news - he has very limited use of his back legs right now, came on really suddenly ))

"Just crutches," Marlowe hummed as she made her way into the hospital room they had brought Maddix into, the wait for the two of them having been long due to the severity of everyone else's injuries. "A fracture, not even a break; turns out I am just being a baby. Rest it and it'll heal itself, good news, hm?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 15:43

((Hopefully it’s easily solvable and not too major))

“I only needed oxygen for a few minutes.” Maddox nodded. “I’m glad it wasn’t too serious.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 16:12

"I told you it wouldn't be...can we go home now? I- I know there is no news on Dane yet but.. the kids are going to need us Mads."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 16:26

“There’s no news on Karsi either, the surgery she needed. Caius died on the table remember? I can’t... not yet.” Maddox shook his head, coughing slightly. “I need to know they’re both awake before I leave.”

Serena sat on the couch in her home - which had largely been untouched aside from a few things that needed cleaning after shattering. As she’d only just moved in the week previously there wasn’t much to be damaged. She held her sleeping daughter in her arms with a blanket over her - having barely spoken as it had all sunk in. Having allowed Kadir to dress the wound on her shoulder but refusing point blank to get it seen to until she’d checked on Lux personally.

“They won’t let mom leave the room she’s in - still wanna keep an eye on her so she’s sent me to check on you.” Rhys leaned against the doorframe of the room Ronan was in, still pale with tear tracks on his face from the news of his grandfather, worry lines on his forehead in general concern for everyone else. “She said you took a few nasty hits? Lucky you’re still here...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 17:18

Marlowe nodded subtly in understanding, leaning back to sit beside him and slip her arms around his shoulders once again. "Okay, OK... we'll wait then."

Dorian was leant back against the wall, cuts across his arm where he had stumbled into a mirror that had shattered with the quakes, other than that though he was untouched. Currently he was watching Serena and Lux closely; having refused to even acknowledge Kadir. "She was very brave, thought it was fun at first actually - giggling and all."

Kadir placed coffee cups down onto the table as he sat himself down on the sofa beside Serena.

"All superficial," Ronan assured, getting to his feet and pulling him into a hug. "I'm glad your okay. Is Esme...?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 17:24

“She’s shaken, but she’s okay.” Rhys whispered as he hugged him back tightly. “She’s in the family room with Cleo, she’s found some games to play with Levi, Astrid and Reid showed up at the same time as I did.”

“Thank you.” Serena whispered when Kadir placed the coffee down, smoothing Lux’s hair gently. “I’m glad she wasn’t scared... laughing is better than crying...” she added. “I’m glad she’s calmed… she won’t understand what happens next... won’t understand what I have to tell her about my father...”

“I can’t get home and get a call to say she’s bled out on the table or that Dane flatlined... I’d never forgive myself...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 17:31

"Your father?" Dorian frowned, muscles tensing slightly. "Wh- what about your father? He is still over in France, isn't he? He doesn't like travelling."

"Ah, I should..." Kadir grimaced, offering his arms out to Serena. "Should I take the baby? Give you two space, so you can break the news?"

"Break the... Seren?"

"Ah," Ronan whispered. "Have they updated them yet? About River - they won't tell me anything. I've yelled enough to try and get a update but no reaction and... shit, your dad.. have they told you anything about your dad?"

"You got him out of there, your a hero, mm? Lucky you got out of there yourself too, or I would of had to of found a way to kill you twice."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 17:37

“They’ve been seeing each other...” Rhys snorted softly. “I... I shouldn’t have, I know I shouldn’t have but my dads phone was just there and his passcode was my birthday - I just needed answers. I didn’t read any texts or anything but there’s photographs of the two of them on his phone, of her.” He looked up to blink rapidly, shifting the tears from his eyes. “They’re spouting off bullshit that they can’t find any brain activity for my dad. But it’s bullshit. Always bullshit.” He shook his head. “And mums still listed as his next of kin because he never changed it - so she’s the one in charge of turning the life support off - I’ve warned her she better not fucking dare... they won’t tell me about your sister though. Still a bunch of doctors in with her.”

Serena quickly passed Lux over to Kadir, her hands going to her face as soon as they were free so she could both hide her expression and silence herself as she dissolved into tears once more, body shaking violently as she tried to contain herself.

“We came close... but they would’ve died if we hadn’t got Dane and River out of there. They were both buried as it was. If that building had come down it would’ve taken days to find them, days and dogs.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 17:52

"You must be misinterpreting them," Ronan denied with a shake of his head. "River said she would never be interested in anyone with links to the family like that - said it would complicate things too much, and she isn't the kind fo sneak around behind our backs so... yeah, you've fefinetly misinterpreted." Sighing, he pulled Rhys back into a hug, whispering; "Your dad has been in this situation before, hm? He woke up then, he will wake up this time too. He is a tough cookie, and your mother loves him - she wouldn't wouldn't a decision like that unless she absolutely had to."

Kadir headed out of the room then.

"Serena? Serena stop crying and talk to me... what - what news? I - your scaring me!'

Marlowe just nodded subtly, "Should we go to the waiting room, see everyone else?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 17:59

Rhys shook his head, pulling out his own phone where he’d sent the pictures to himself, passing over to Ronan so he could see. “He’s been lying to me and she’s been lying to you.” He swallowed thickly before nodding. “I told you - bullshit. They said it’d take me a year to walk, they said mum wouldn’t have anymore kids, they say loads of bullshit and they’re always wrong... my dad will wake up and then we can grill him on why he’s turning my stepaunt into my stepmother...” he added lightly, trying to lighten the situation.

“He died. He flew over to surprise us and turned up at the gala! Bella said something had fallen on him... they couldn’t get his body out before the place collapsed so fuck knows how long it’s gonna be before I can bury him!” Serena sobbed, curling in on herself.

“Are you sure you wanna move? I don’t want you hurting yourself further.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 18:42

"They basically told me I was being dramatic, Mads. I'm fine, got crutches to take the main weight off, hm?" Marlowe hummed, getting to her feet and heading toward the waiting room.

"He- what? No..." Dorian mumbled, colour draining from his face. "No, no. That can't be true. Bella must of gotten it wrong."

Ronan flicked through the phone, frowning at what he found on there and mumbling; "I'm going to kill her for keeping stuff from me, what the hell was she playing at."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 18:46

“If it makes a difference it looks like they were happy.” Rhys snorted, wiping at his face with his arm. “I didn’t even know my dad could sign - he must’ve learned for her.”

Maddox followed her, keeping close so she could use him to help if she needed.

“Ronan saw him... he’s dead... he came to surprise us and he ended up dead.” Serena cried, heartbroken.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 18:52

"Died hating me... I never got to tell him.. shit." Dorian mumbled, slipping down the wall and putting his head in his hands.

"I- I wonder how long they had been keeping it all from us. It must of been awhile, sign isnt simple.. it takes a while to learn. I - we need to show your mother this, hm? She'll want to see this. Take me to her? I don't know what room she is in."

"Louis? Hey." Marlowe greeted as she sat herself down opposite him in the waiting room.

"Please don't..." Louis answered, tensing and lifting his gaze up to look between her and Maddox. "I can't handle you both ripping me apart, not right now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 18:52

"Died hating me... I never got to tell him.. shit." Dorian mumbled, slipping down the wall and putting his head in his hands.

"I- I wonder how long they had been keeping it all from us. It must of been awhile, sign isnt simple.. it takes a while to learn. I - we need to show your mother this, hm? She'll want to see this. Take me to her? I don't know what room she is in."

"Louis? Hey." Marlowe greeted as she sat herself down opposite him in the waiting room.

"Please don't..." Louis answered, tensing and lifting his gaze up to look between her and Maddox. "I can't handle you both ripping me apart, not right now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 18:59

“She was probably embarrassed... she said she didn’t want anything this complicated then goes and falls for my dad... or maybe we’re blowing it up and they were just casual - I won’t go through his phone any further, it’s not on. I shouldn’t have looked in the first place but... I wasn’t thinking straight.” Rhys murmured before nodding, heading out of Ronan’s room and down the corridor towards where his mother was.

Bella was in the bed, having been put into a gown to get her out of the dirty clothes. Only two monitors, one for her heart and one for the baby. She gave Ronan a weak smile, the best she could manage given the circumstances. “I’m glad you’re okay... how many stitches?” She asked quietly, reaching her hand out to him.

“If I wanted to bitch at you I would, we’re not here for that...” Maddox sighed deeply, “She’s my sister... I know we fight but I don’t want anything bad to happen to her, I’m on your side here. Wouldn’t have given the blood if I wanted her to die would I?”

Serena just shook her head, unable to vocalise anymore.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 19:07

"You missed that out when you told me what the doctors done for you." Marlowe frowned at Maddox. "You shouldn't be walking around if you've given blood, Mads."

Louis shook his head at them, leaning his head back and watching the ceiling.

"I uh... you keeping Lux or am I? I need to.. leave. Drink, or.. I don't know. I need to not be here."

"Unimportant." Ronan assured, taking her hand with his free one and kissing her forehead gently. "Sounds like you and baby are okay."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 19:11

My dad dies and you’re making this about you?!”

“I’m fine, was the closest match. I had sugar afterwards, don’t worry.”

“We’re fine.” Bella nodded, wrapping her arms around him. “Have you heard anything more on River?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 19:20

"No, no nothing. I need to find a doctor and ask, I uh.. too scared to find out the real details though. Rhys has managed to get us information on what she was even doing there. Look..." He leaned back from the hug to offer the phone to her.

Marlowe opened her mouth to argue that he didn't tell her, but decided to drop it before the words formed. Shifting her weight in the seat anxiously.

"I was close to him too! This effects me too, Serena!"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 19:26

“I... no...” Bella shook her head as she looked through the pictures. “Surely not? River made it clear time and time again she didn’t want anything to do with anyone we had ties to already... she wouldn’t go for Dane of all people.”

“You’re such a selfish bastard!” Serena hissed then, getting up to her feet. “He was my dad and all you’re worried about is going and getting drunk because fuck me and how I’m feeling right?! Typical from you!”

“She’s just been put back in her room.” Altair came into the room with a tray of coffee in his hand, placing it on the table. “Caught them on their way out of surgery when I got the coffee.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 19:32

"The photos don't lie, that coupled with the way he was holding her even though they were both.... if they were that close knocked out he must of had her really close."

"Have I once mentioned you? Did I say that?! No! Here you go again, typical you. Only you are allowed to have fucking emotions, because if anyone else does they aren't pandering to you!"

"Finally," Louis sighed in relief, getting to his feet and heading out of the waiting room and into letting himself into Karsi's.

"That is good news." Marlowe nodded. "Any news of Dane's situation?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 19:40

“He’s not going to wake up.” Altair said flatly as he sat himself down, taking the coffee so he had something to do with his hands. “Completely brain dead. They can keep his body alive with a ventilator, he stopped breathing on his own about half an hour after he got brought in... there’s nothing any of us can do. He doesn’t have a DNR like Caius did, didn’t have an order in place to prevent this from happening - prevent him from being kept alive indefinitely. Isabella is still his next of kin to make the choice on when they let his body die and she’ll be controlled by Rhys who is... disillusioned. But his grandfather just died so… I suspect it’ll be some time before the boy let’s him go.”

Maddox swallowed thickly, moving to put his head into his hands.

“Didn’t have to chop it off.” Karsi laughed weakly when she saw Louis, still drowsy from the anaesthetic. “No pegleg, I’m sure Wren will be disappointed in that.” She added.

“I knew he’d been seeing someone, he never even hinted that it was River…” Bella swallowed thickly before handing Rhys his phone back.

“We can quiz them when they wake up.” Rhys said confidently. “Grill them both then for it.”

“Exactly! Didn’t even fucking ask me if I was okay! Do you even care?! Is that what you tell yourself at night so you can live with the shit you got up to behind my back?! Leave Lux with me. Since you’d clearly rather shirk your responsibilities and go get drunk and just leave me to deal with everything!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 19:48

"I- Oh... poor Rhys." Marlowe whispered sadly, putting the crutches to the side so she had more room to slip her arms around Maddox and hold him close. "You done your best, sweetheart... you tried."

"I'm sure she will," Louis laughed weakly in response, smoothing her hair down and kissing the top of her head in greeting. "I'm just grateful you are here."

Ronan shrugged, sitting himself down on the bed beside Bella then and slipping his arms around her to hold her close.

"Why would I ask you if you are okay? You clearly fucking aren't, it would be a stupid question!" He snapped, getting to his feet. "Just wanted to know if I was having my daughter tonight or not, forgive me for asking! Text me when I am allowed her again." He snarled, walking out and slamming the door closed behind himself.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 10 Mar - 19:57

“From what I gather... River hasn’t woken either. So Rhys has just lost his father, grandfather and aunt in one go...” Altair sipped at his drink then, having nothing left to say.

Maddox leaned into her heavily, swallowing as he tried to find the words to say - unable to in the end.

“I’m like a cockroach. Can’t get rid of me.” Karsi chuckled. “Did you get everything cleaned up and stitched? Did you get in touch with Caliban? Check on the kids? Where’s Tesni?”

“Marcel’s asked me to - “ Bella started, stopping when her voice wavered for a moment so she could steady it before taking a deep breath and carrying on. “He’s asked me to accompany fathers body back home. And stay to arrange the funeral. He wants me to speak to Serena too. He wants us all to be together as a family.”

Rhys shook his head when she began talking about Gabriel, leaving the room.

“Normally I wouldn’t hesitate but I don’t want to leave you alone here and I can’t ask you to come when River isn’t okay... I’m at a loss at what to do... what the best thing to do is for everyone...”

Serena grabbed an ornament from the side and threw it at the door after it’d closed in a rage, screaming in frustration before it turned into a choked sob as she sat back down on the sofa and put her head in her hands.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 10 Mar - 20:06

Kadir soon entered the room once again, having settled Lux in one of the bedrooms. Sitting himself down beside her and wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug; "I've got you. It's okay, you're not going through this alone."

"I- your too close to... what if you end up having the baby and I'm not there and I - like you said with River." Ronan stumbled over words. "You - I- I don't know, Bella. There is what I should say and what I want to say and the two aren't the same this time, unfortunately."

"Tesni went for a walk... I let her. I don't know where she is.. I figured she needed space so I let her have it." Louis hummed. "Wren and Cain are okay, shaken but fine."

"That's..." Marlowe began, before shaking her head as she gave up trying to find the words. Simply tightening her arms around Maddox, resting her head on top of his gently.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next