BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Nov - 21:54

"They've had a rough year, I don't want them to be worried about getting ahead when they need to focus on working out how to be happy." Ronan mumbled. "We all work so hard so our children don't have to sacrifice happiness."

Okay. Here's a tip: hot chocolate. A much better comfort drink for her then alcohol, that's why she offers it to everyone else when their sad.

"I know... I meant tonight too."

"And the best dad." Tesni grinned, leaning her head back to look at him. "I hope this idea works though- the egg incubator - letting her hatch her own duck."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Nov - 22:07

“If it doesn’t I’ll go buy a duckling from a farm and stick it in one night next to a broken shell so she thinks it’s worked.” Tobias chuckled. “We will make it work.”

“How’s Rhys doing?” Odette asked then, reaching her hand over to brush her finger against Isaac’s fist.

“Well… when you’re feeling better we’ll go out, mm?”

Noted. I assume my brother is with you?

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Nov - 22:12

He has taken Luke out for ice cream. Neither of my kids know yet.

"He is starting to go out now, for the girls sakes but as soon as they go to bed then he does too. He is broken - I don't know how long it is going to take to bring him back."

Tesni nodded, going onto her tip toes so she could kiss his cheek gently.

Faye nodded, offering a smile.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Nov - 22:22

“Its good he’s doing things for the girls. I remember my dad saying when his mother died that my grandpa just shut down for years and left them all to the nannies to deal with. Shows what a strong man he is and a great father that Rhys can be there for his girls…”

Marlowe will want to help you if you’re dealing with the children full time, allowing her may let her have a useful distraction

Tobias turned his head so he could kiss her gently.

“I won’t patronise your by telling you it’ll all get better… but I promise I’ll be here for when it feels like it isn’t.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Nov - 22:27

"Please don't promise this like that." Faye whispered, shoulders tensing. "Don't promise you'll never leave because everyone leaves."

I thought you didn't want her distracted from it? I thought you wanted her to face it..

"Don't." Tesni hummed against his lips. "You know its hard go stop when we start this."

"Yeah. Yeah." Ronan grimaced. "Enjoy the time with your kids when a hug can make the monsters go away, when they get older it's the thing you'll miss the most."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Nov - 22:37

“I am promising.” Ben held his hand out. “If I had any intention of leaving we wouldn’t be here now because I wouldn’t have allowed you to stay.”

“I know… up until she moved out Dorian spent more time in Lux’s room than he did ours trying to help her sleep… they’re all so young to have had so much pain.”

I don’t want her pretending nothing is wrong whilst she sits and thinks about it all and eventually works herself up. Doing something will at least occupy her mind.

“Who said I wanted to stop?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 1 Nov - 22:43

"No one has any intention of leaving when they say things like that but they still do. Sienna and dad died, mom tried to kill herself and then had to leave to find herself, Theo has disowned me. So don't promise... I can't hear it."

Ronan nodded subtly in agreement. "Life isnt fair on them."

We'll see. I don't know how things are going to play out with me yet. I still need to call a lawyer.

"We'll have to," Tesni laughed.

(( Night night))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 1 Nov - 22:52

Has Caliban fitted you up with ours? You may need several, the Langstead’s have always had retainers with the best ones in the states and no doubt he’ll be helping your wife.

“No way to stop this from hurting mine is there?”

“Who says that?”

“I’m promising anyway.” Ben frowned and pulled her into his arms, kissing the top of her head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 7:40

Not yet but he is going to. The morning has been a bit crazy. Dorian text back, the space between texts being long enough got him to down the rest of and then top up his drink before following up with a: Thanks for caring, Altair.

"It's better that it happens when they are younger," Ronan promised. "Not that it won't effect them but it'll be easier for them to adjust to it, and we'll have our lawyers on it so they have as much time with you as possible - which will be most of it."

"Me. We'll have to open the door to get the cake off of Elliot."

"Well... just know I don't believe you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 8:06

“That’s okay. What matters is our actions, not what we say. I’ll prove it.”

“I don’t want an ugly custody battle… hopefully he doesn’t find me too manipulative and selfish to look after my own kids mm?” Odette sighed softly. “I thought it was women that were supposed to mentally check out of relationships before they actually ended them, not men?” She snorted. “I don’t think I’ll ever get over how… sudden and out of nowhere this has been. He must’ve decide ages ago he wasn’t happy.”

“He can leave it on the side. Or he can hang onto it for another hour.”

Your well-being is important to your sister, and nothing is more important than hers to me

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 8:36

"I'll get you the answers you need." Ronan promised. "Not today though, you need today to process so I'll hold back. Tomorrow is going to be another matter. As for the kids, why should he have any right to them Odette? He is barely in their life. Those kids barely know him, he can't be trusted with them."

Faye shook her head in disbelief, squeezing him gently before stepping back. Glancing towards the door when it opened as Christian came back, swallowing thickly and disappearing into her room once again.

"Oh don't." She chuckled. "You'll tempt me too much."

Thanks. I'll leave you to it- remember the hot chocolate advice. It's what our mom used to make us.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 8:44

“Because they absolutely adore him… he’s the fun parent. They cheer when they learn he’s got a day off and picking Lucia up from school or whatever. I get toast thrown at me when he isn’t there for breakfast. He’s the one they want to take them places. I don’t do the voices right at bedtime and - “ Odette cut off as her voice broke, shaking her head and clearing her throat. “If they had to pick between us they would pick their daddy. I just want them as happy as possible…”

“She’s terrified you’re going to go after Theo and leave her.” Ben whispered sadly as he saw her retreat from Christian. “She already thinks you’re going to pick your brother because everyone leaves her in the end.”

“That’s the point.” Tobias chuckled, gently brushing his lips across her neck.

I will. Thank you.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 11:26

"Kids don't know what is good for them. He is exciting to them because he isnt there, because seeing him feels like a treat. They crave it. They rely on you though, they love you enough to throw the toast and throw tantrums and know you'll still be there. It's more important, you're their safety, Odette."

"I won't be going after Theo but I - I do have to go home, go back to work." Christian answered with a frown, dropping the pick and mix down on the table before tucking into his own. "So she is making me choose, and Theo is too? That isn't fair, Ben. She isn't being fair."

"You are normally on a phone call when you are glued to your phone, should I be worried?" Marlowe hummed cheerily as she wandered into the room, hair wrapped up into a towel.

Tesni leant her head to the side to give him more room, humming in content.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 11:26

"Kids don't know what is good for them. He is exciting to them because he isnt there, because seeing him feels like a treat. They crave it. They rely on you though, they love you enough to throw the toast and throw tantrums and know you'll still be there. It's more important, you're their safety, Odette."

"I won't be going after Theo but I - I do have to go home, go back to work." Christian answered with a frown, dropping the pick and mix down on the table before tucking into his own. "So she is making me choose, and Theo is too? That isn't fair, Ben. She isn't being fair."

"You are normally on a phone call when you are glued to your phone, should I be worried?" Marlowe hummed cheerily as she wandered into the room, hair wrapped up into a towel.

Tesni leant her head to the side to give him more room, humming in content.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 15:15

“Won’t a custody battle just hurt them though? I don’t want to hurt them. Especially if he’s already got a lawyer…”

“Nothing to be worried about. Are you okay?”

“She’s not making you pick, she’s worried that you’ll pick anyway and choose Theo.”

“So… are you texting your brother to come later?” Tobias breathed

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 15:25

"No, it wouldn't hurt them because they'll be oblivious to it all. You need to challenge him, Odette - why should he get to walk away from this with the same rights as you when he has done nothing for them their whole lives? You need to go for part of his business too - he wouldn't have it if it wasn't for you looking after the kids and the other million things people have done for him."

"I can't fix her insecurities."

"I think so..." She nodded. "The bath helped the soreness."

"I will, I will. If you let me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 15:40

“His business? No… no I can’t do that. He had his business when I met him.” Odette shook her head. And I’m worth way more than him anyway with what I inherited, if anything he’ll be the one coming after my money - my stake in Rousseaux’s.”

“No. But you can assure her that even when you leave for work you’ll still be in touch with her.”

“That’s good. Do you want me to have some food made?”

Tobias grinned as he pulled away.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 15:57

"He barely had a business. He had a 'venture' which is completely different." Ronan snorted. "It has grown substantially because if you so half of it is legally yours." Ronan shook his head. "It isn't about who has more money, it is about getting what you are entitled to and that is the kids and a share of his business. Don't let him mess you around Odette."

"Not if she keeps going into that room I can't."

"Mm, I do but you wouldn't like what I want." She grinned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 16:07

“Knock on the door, say you wanna talk. She’s hiding because she can’t face being told you’re never coming back.”

“What would that be?”

“I’d feel awful going after his business, he - it’s all he has.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 16:13

"You're letting him walk all over you and you shouldn't." Ronan scoffed.

"Salmon. Please." Marlowe grinned. "In like a nice sauce? Oh! Or fish pie. I've not had one of those made for me in a long time."

"And then what? Put up with abuse from Theo when I get home?" He mumbled, nose wrinkling in irritation. "I'm just going to go home now. The two of them want to be childish then they can, I'm sick of it."

Tesni grabbed her phone from the side, sent a quick text before throwing it onto the sofa. Pushing Tobias' back up against the wall by placing a hand on his chest as she leant in to kiss him deeply.

Lux - Cod oo pick you siter up from school for me at he end of the day? I have to ort a few tings out and I need you here aswell - amily meting. Dorian text Lux quietly, having moved from sitting at the counter with a glass to sat on the floor and swigging from the bottle instead. Various spelling mistakes obvious as his vision began to blur and coordination go of with its consumption.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 20:46

“This is a first.” Tobias raised an eyebrow as he was pushed back, humming in content.

“I never had the ruthlessness that makes people like you and my father so successful.” Odette grimaced.

“Stay, spend some time with your sister. Come on Chris.”

“Didn’t get to sleep for ages last night. Must’ve been later than I thought cause of how late I’ve slept in.” Henry yawned as he came down the stairs slowly, shakily holding onto the handrail and using his other hand to feel the wall. “Odie? Dorian?”

“I don’t think my dads okay.” Lux grimaced as she sat down by Antoine on the couch. Texting her father back. What’s happening? Are you drunk? before showing Antoine the texts.

“I suppose since you’ve had the night you’ve had I can make an exception for fish in the house.” Altair chuckled.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 22:41

Oo all needs to fid ot togeter Dorian text back, hissing in frustration at himself as he heard Henry. Grabbing the counter and pulling himself to his feet as he went to assist. "Shits - 'enry. Hi.. let's me. I got yous."

"Shit." Antione grimaced, resting his chin against her shoulder. "You uh... you should get back and check on him, see what's going on. Has he ever sent you anything like that before?"

"Spicing it up - you've tested me too much." Tesni smirked, leaning to the side to kiss near his ear, nipping gently.

"So you are going to let me tell the lawyer what to do?" Ronan asked with an eyebrow raise. "You'll need to sign, that's all. I can handle the rest."

"If you want me moving in here you are going to have to learn to like fish, Mr. Levi." Marlowe grinned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 22:41

Oo all needs to fid ot togeter Dorian text back, hissing in frustration at himself as he heard Henry. Grabbing the counter and pulling himself to his feet as he went to assist. "Shits - 'enry. Hi.. let's me. I got yous."

"Shit." Antione grimaced, resting his chin against her shoulder. "You uh... you should get back and check on him, see what's going on. Has he ever sent you anything like that before?"

"Spicing it up - you've tested me too much." Tesni smirked, leaning to the side to kiss near his ear, nipping gently.

"So you are going to let me tell the lawyer what to do?" Ronan asked with an eyebrow raise. "You'll need to sign, that's all. I can handle the rest."

"If you want me moving in here you are going to have to learn to like fish, Mr. Levi." Marlowe grinned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 2 Nov - 23:05

“Dorian? You sound… are you drunk?” Henry frowned as he borderline tiptoed into the room.

“No… he doesn’t exactly text me when he’s drunk. Must be bad.” Lux sat up then. “What if he’s sick? What if - what if I’m going to lose him too and that’s why he’s - I can’t lose my dad as well.”

“Let me think on it before I start a huge custody battle and a war for his business?” Odette grimaced.

“Mm, I’m not complaining.” Tobias chuckled, gently moving to tangle his fingers in her hair.

“It’s a compromise I’m willing to make.” Altair offered her a wry smile.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 2 Nov - 23:14

"You have until tomorrow morning; 8am. After that we need to lawyer up or else yiu are leaving yourself open to them. This isn't the time for humming and aahhing."

"Should we go and see?" Antione asked quietly. "I'm sure you're not losong him. People in your family don't get ill, right? Not.. not on the regular."

"Fines. Fines me. Yous sister an' I- Calls it off. I nos goods fo-or hers. Too much on me plate.. no time." Dorian mumbled, reaching out to take his arm. "Lemme takes your arm."

"You'd do something like that for little ole me?" She gasped dramatically

"Mm." Tesni hummed, kissing down his neck.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next