BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 11 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 13:48

"I doubt a brute of a beast like you is the opposite of what any woman would have ever wanted to father their child. There are levels of forcing a woman, and with your size.. I truly pity the mother of your child."

"Disbelief? Mm, me too." Avani chuckled, leaning in to kiss Rauiri's cheek. "How such a man can love me is certainly astounding, isn't it? We try not to linger too much on it though in case he changes his mind."

"You both look wonderful."

"That is going to be impossible. I don't know how to physically not react." Kael laughed humourlessly. "I haven't felt anything like it when it hasn't been life or death."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 13:59

“Caleer is rich but tiny. You allow me to be the one to beat them if necessary so it is my family taking the blame. Kiaan will have Jason’s army crushed within a moons turn if he tries to retaliate. It was paltry when the King wasn’t a toddler being lead by his lesser Uncle, I imagine it has not gotten better.” Indira snorted, her threat of violence teetering between jest and seriousness. “He will enjoy it, father used to war for the sport of it when we were children.”

“The wine is all reserved for the coronation, Your Highnesses, the Queen has threatened to take the hands of anyone who touches it, but the champagne is free flowing with the wedding…” The serving girl grimaced as she approached Indira and Kael, two bottles of champagne in her hands.

“Champagne is fine, thank you.” Indira assured as she reached over to take the bottles, tucking them under her free arm.

“He is certainly very lucky to have you, Princess. Though I must say a lot makes sense now. How he always seemed to find himself dreadfully assigned to watch over you. A horror he professed… of course not the case.”

“Now now, do not out me.” Ruairi laughed softly.

“Save the pity for yourself. The Queen will have you on a boat back to your backward little country soon enough. Enjoy the trip.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 14:32

"A horror?" Avani questioned, eyebrows raised in amusment. "Now I must know what else he said about me, please, please enlighten me."

"Nothing outstandingly awful, he refused to go into details of the time he was forced to spend with you."

"Mindless brute." Agatha snarled.

"You must tell your brothers that whatever feedback they have heard is incorrect. I would absolutely go to war for Idris, it seems, because that idea does not even sound horrific to me." Kael shook his head. "Who do they think they are. It is not just the two of us they are insulting too, your family love Idris like we do, they couldn't handle the power of both our families combined. An on slaught from all sides."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 14:32

"A horror?" Avani questioned, eyebrows raised in amusment. "Now I must know what else he said about me, please, please enlighten me."

"Nothing outstandingly awful, he refused to go into details of the time he was forced to spend with you."

"Mindless brute." Agatha snarled.

"You must tell your brothers that whatever feedback they have heard is incorrect. I would absolutely go to war for Idris, it seems, because that idea does not even sound horrific to me." Kael shook his head. "Who do they think they are. It is not just the two of us they are insulting too, your family love Idris like we do, they couldn't handle the power of both our families combined. An on slaught from all sides."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 14:40

“Spoiled little girl. Are we to continue this slanging match?”

“Your wife may be a little bit angry but… I am sure she will get over it. You and my brothers heading an army together... What a sight that would be…” Indira chuckled as she handed one of the bottles to Kael, unceremoniously popping the cork from her own and drinking from it in a rather unladylike fashion; her smile having faded by the time she was done. “I understand if you do not wish me to be on your council any longer, if what the Princess said is correct and my name truly is mud across the sea… You have to protect appearances during the start of your reign…” she said quietly, honest in her words, but anticipated disappointment evident in her tone.

“I had to lay it on thick so they would not suspect the bond!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 16:15

"I hope it makes sense now, Luc, the reason why I backed off the time you would not allow me inside to speak to Isolde. Normally I would not have listened to you, but you are Ruairi's friend. I would not have wanted to get you hurt, given him any wrinkles."

"I am expecting words to be thrown at you, at me for allowing it and whispers about Daphne too. You are an asset though, Indira. Your mind, it is what this place is missing. I won't allow anyone to bully this from you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 16:22

“There aren’t words for how much I value you, Kael.” Indira patted his arm lightly in gratitude at his assurance she wouldn’t lose her promised position. “My situation here could have been so much worse. It would have been reasonable for my execution after what my brothers did, in retaliation. Instead you convinced your mother to keep me alive, you have kept me looked after, given me my every need… given me our son. And now you give me purpose, even though it may be at your own detriment. I think of the words your Ada told you often, about how we are forever entwined. I would not have it any other way.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Thank you for not giving up on me the way my family did. I’ll serve you - your country - any way I can.”

“It is all very clear now.” Luc nodded, “I wish we’d have known sooner, but I understand why Cavanaugh felt the need to keep it to himself, given the danger you could have faced. A union blessed by the Ancestors is never a bad thing where we are concerned, I am sure the two of you will have a very happy life together.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 22:20

"Mm," Avani hummed softly in confirmation, leaning her head against Rauiri's shoulder. Brushing her thumb over his knuckles affectionately. "You have no idea how long we have wanted to tell the world, especially his friends."

Iara nodded, musing gently, "The two of you seem lighter now, then either of you have ever been to my knowledge. It is nice to see."

Kael breathed, wrapped his arms around her shoulders to pull her into an embrace. Resting his chin on top of her head, "We are family now, we always will be. You've given me Idris, gave me Bodhi. You have forgiven me despite what I had to do to your brother, despite what my mother done to you. There aren't words I have for you either, I want nothing, nothing for you other than happiness."

"I could go all day, you hulking weed. An eyesore to your beautiful forests here."

"So Lilly and Aoife has said." Aodhän whispered, studying her face for several more moments before his gaze went across the hall. "Rohan doesn't seem pleased."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 22:41

“Once I’ve been held for a few moments, gotten to the bottom of this bottle and forgotten my real name and the name I have been given by the lovely Princesses I’m sure I’ll be incredibly happy.” Indira half laughed, half sobbed as she closed her eyes and buried her face in his chest. “I’ll be happy…” she added more steadily as she swallowed down the upset.

“Does that one ever look happy? I have not seen him crack a smile the entire time he has - The elder child, he is with Idris.” Isolde observed, “Where are his parents? They do not often leave him.”

Wyatt rolled his eyes, feigning a yawn. “Once I have finished my shift and the guests have returned to their rooms, we staff of the castle get together. And we talk, and then the talk often makes it back to our masters. It’s very unfortunate that the talk on everyone’s lips in the morning will be how the new foreign Princesses that have arrived ripe for the marriage mart desperately hate children and are not mentally well enough for marriage, wouldn’t you agree?” He asked as he turned to his fellow guards.

“Do not forget us when you are being served and dressed and cooked for.” Luc teased as he elbowed Ruairi.

“I do not gain any titles just yet, do not worry. Just be sure to use it when I do receive it.” Ruairi returned with a grin.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 22:56

"Forgotten your real name? Never forget your real name." Kael scolded gently. "Those women don't know anything about who you are, about how your family has ever worked or about your life. They know nothing, other than their sheltered walls. I am tired of them upsetting people I love, how they have managed to do so much damage in twenty four hours I don't understand."

"You will be hosted like honoured guests. In fact, we shall cook for you, your chefs here do not know my cuisine. Their mimics of it are never true. I can cook, I will show you."

"No. No it isn't." Aodhän frowned, "Shall we go for a walk, see if we can see them. We need to make sure everything is well." His eyes scanned the room once more, "Hawk has gone aswell."

Agatha's nostrils flared, her hand slipping beneath a slit in her dress to pull out a curve edged dagger. Lifting it up and pressing it's tip against Wyatt's throat from behind. "I dare you to ruin our prospects. You will not be walking away from it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 23:10

“You are a little in the wrong place there. Slicing there will not nick the right artery. Just a scratch.” Wyatt hummed, turning his neck a little to the side so the blade rested differently. “There you go, Princess. Cut here and I may just not make it. We shall have to wait and see won’t we?”

“They know the same as most, and have drawn the same conclusion.” Indira looked up at him, giving him a wry, but defeated smile. “You cannot deny that finishing a bottle and forgetting things a while does take the edge off sometimes... Whore of Baldruun indeed… Affer all I had to do to gain the title - worth it though, I suppose.” She added with a raised brow and a quick grin - intending to jest, though her heart wasn’t quite in it.

“Oh Princess, I was - I would never expect you to cook for us. Of course not.” Luc’s eyes widened in surprise, shaking his head. “I apologise, I did not wish to imply.”

“I do not know what we may end up finding if we go.” Isolde wrinkled her nose. “Our guests are gone too - Daphnes sisters. Maybe we should…” she took a deep inhale, swaying ever so slightly in her seat.  “Aodhän I feel faint…” she whispered - almost panicked as she grasped at his arm. “Aodhän…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 23:20

Aodhän moved, despite how on-view they were, and lifted Isolde quickly out of her seat and into his lap. Bringing her in against his chest and barking the command at the nearest guard, "Get Aoife and Lilly here. Immediately."

"You can cook for me in return at a later date, or bring a bottle of alcohol." Avani grinned. "We are all friends here now."

"You are no Whore Of Baldruun, you shall be Master of Cultural Affairs. Peacekeeper. Educationalist."

Agatha's lips lifted up in a sneer, pressing the blade in to cut the skin slightly. "Apologise for manhandling my sister and I as you did."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 23:28

“I do not think I’ll be doing that. So I invite you to press a little deeper. What do you think your Gods will forgive, Agatha? If they even reach here. You are in my Ancestors lands now, perhaps they’ll strike you with the Wasting. Perhaps they’ll make you barren... The murder you may get away with because of your birth, though you will certainly not be allowed to stay. I can see how it all plays out. Your sister will have to deal with all that stress when she is in childbed, incredibly selfish of you to put her under it all.”

“Oh I love that mind of yours.” Indira chuckled then, resting her hand on his chest and patting it gently as she pulled away, her laugh less of a sob this time. “Thank you, thank you.” She whispered.

“We do not often make friends with the royals we serve.”

“Let this be the start, mm?” Ruairi smiled warmly.

“Do not let them see… do not let them see me like this.” Isolde almost begged, voice trailing as she moved her hand to her forehead.

“Yes at once Sir.” The guard nodded before sprinting away.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 7 Sep - 23:43

"Lean into me," Aodhän advised, positioning her so he could lift her properly before rising to his feet. Making a swift exit out of one of the side exits. "Lean into me, hold onto me. It's okay,"

"You do not serve me." Avani reminded warmly, tone changing to a more serious one as she continued. "I am sorry, for...  all the pain Arzen may have caused you. Rauiri and I speak of it often, and the longer I am here, with you all the more I love each aspect. The more it saddens me. War is.. cruel. Unfair."

"It is improper of you to address me by name, twig." Agatha reprimanded, and pressed harder as he had instructed - though had shifted the blade slightly so it was several centremeters to the left.   "Apologise!".

"Stop thanking me. Stop thanking me and begin giving yourself credit."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 7 Sep - 23:54

“And if I do not?”

“Aggie…” Iskra found her voice, having previously been stunned into silence.

“The Queen is down.” The guard hissed as he banged heavily on Aoife’s office door. “Aodhän has summed you, there is no time to waste. She is down!”

Isolde slacked against him as her eyes fluttered, losing consciousness for a few seconds before returning to being awake - though dazed.

“Hopefully the confidence I had the first time I stepped foot on the soil here will return with time. With my freedom, which you are granting me.” Indira laughed then before adding with a gentle pat. “Thank you, for that.” She grinned devilishly.

“Let us not speak of such things on what is supposed to be a happy day for you, Princess.” Luc swallowed; though kept the smile plastered to his face. “Joyous things only.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 8 Sep - 0:13

"Down?" Aoife spoke through the door, the sound of things shuffling as she dressed and her cat's bellow when she stood on the creatures tale. "Shit! Shit - " She pulled the door open, "What has happened?"

"Safe and sound," Aodhän was reassuring in quiet mutters, brushing his thumb against her face as he kept her head against his shoulder. Moving down the halls towards Aoife's soon.

"Enough of us have been dishonoured by these pugs." Agatha scoffed, glaring at Wyatt as she spoke to her sister. "He grabbed you rough enough to bruise. I won't allow it. He has insulted us. We are not meek. We are not here to be taken advantage of."

Iara's hand moved to rest on the small of Luc's back in silent support.

"Please, just know the apology is genuine. From myself, at the very least. I don't want any of it reflecting, impacting any friendship we may have."

"Stop thanking me!"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 8 Sep - 0:24

“Sorry, sorry. I couldn’t help myself with that one.” Indira laughed, grinning up at him. “You know in my shoes you would have done the same. I needed it.”

“She looked like she was to fall off her seat and the Prince caught her before it happened. She had been looking pale all night, and as you know the Prince has been concerned.”

“Do not let anyone see… Aodhän… do not…” Isolde whispered tiredly.

“No, you just bully children instead. Either make the cut or let me go, this is tiresome now.”

“All is well, except talking of this right now. Not today mm?” Luc shook his head, the smile on his face tightening as he struggled to continue with a good mood at the mention of Arzen, the implication of what he’d done.

“Of course not, no more talk of bad things.” Ruari assured, nodding once.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 8 Sep - 0:34

"You needed to do what? Torment me with praise?" Kale chuckled humourlessly. "You are cruel. Very cruel."

"We will leave you both be, to celebrate." Iara interuppted pleasantly, taking half a step forward as if creating a physical barrier to the conversation. Subtly pushing Luc to turn him away.

"Think about the food." Avani rnciur quietly. "And thank you again, for being here."

"I have conducted tests, as have Lilly. There is nothing wrong with Her Majesty." Aoife argued with a frown, craning her neck as she heard the Aodhän's hurried footsteps. "Come in, Your Highness."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 8 Sep - 0:41

“I am sure they will.” Ruairi assured, kissing the top of her head. “May I take my wife for a dance?” He asked as the music changed once again, people taking to the dance floor.

“I will go fetch Lily.” The guard nodded, moving out of the way for Aodhän.

“Aodhän…” Isolde continued to murmur under her breath, the only word she was able to form.

“It has made me feel infinitely better though, as I am so cruel and brazen, enjoying in the torture of another. I thank you for your service toward my happiness though - Oh there I go again, thanking you.” Indira giggled, the praise completely unintentional this time. Almost out of breath with her hysterics as she added “I didn’t - that one was an accident I swear!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 8 Sep - 0:49

"You are just as infuriating as the rest of them. You absolute, disrespectful, shit head of a - "'Agatha cut off with a yelp, as with her back step she stumbled on the skirt of her dress. Tightening her grip around the hilt of the knife so she didn't drop it as her hands moved downwards, and quickly, until she regained her centre of gravity.

"Be quick." Aoife ordered, patting the bed in the side room of her quarters only a half second before Aodhän placed the Queen there.

"Right here, Sol. I'm right here," Aodhän soothed softly, kneeling beside the bed. Leaning his head in to touch his forehead to hers, "Stay awake, look at me."

"A dance? Oh, dancing by ourselves to silent music and in front of people is much different." Avani laughed anxiously. "What if I fall out of step?"

Kael threw his head back with belly laughter, pushing her shoulder in jest.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 8 Sep - 1:05

“Do not focus on everyone else, focus on me. We do not have to hide with silent music anymore Avani. Every ball, every party, every celebration we can be out here with everyone else, dancing together.” Ruairi leaned and kissed the top of her head before taking her hand and leading her into the centre of the dance floor to fall into step.

“Is someone watching Síofra?” Isolde asked, eyes closed with exhaustion. “Síofra cannot be left alone…”

“What is happening?” Lily asked as she tripped into the room. “Your Grace!” She exclaimed as she saw the Queen, rushing to Aoife’s side. “What has happened?”

“Be fucking - “ Wyatt lifted his hand to grab Agatha’s arm to prevent her falling, inhaling sharply through his teeth and letting out a low groan as the knife went straight through his palm. Tearing his hand from her - knife still embedded and repeatedly swearing under his breath as he clutched at his wrist. “You bitch!”

Iskra pulled Agatha away from the guards as soon as she unarmed, forcing her sister behind her. “You did that to yourself!” She hissed instantly.

“I am - I can’t - “ Indira shook her head in hysterical laughter, unable to get the words out each time she tried. Eventually doubling over and resting her hands on her knees as she tried to calm herself down. Each time she stopped she started again as soon as she heard Kael in the background.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 8 Sep - 1:16

"She is being watched," Aodhän played along instaneously, as if second nature. Smoothing his fingers across the top of her head, across her hair. "Watched by only the best. Let me see your eyes, Sol, don't sleep yet."

"The guard stated she has been pale all evening, and then only a short while ago she fainted. Other than that all we know are our tests, and Prince Aodhän's concerns."

Agatha's chest heaved as she tried to calm herself, hissing through gritted teeth towards Wyatt, "You caused this, you brainless, brain- brainless..."

"Stop it! Stop, we need to... this is too much." Kael laughed, lifting his hand up to his mouth to try and stifle his laughter.

Avani let out a nervous breath, arms reaching up to wrap around his neck.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 8 Sep - 1:23

“You fucking stabbed me!” Wyatt roared as he was pulled back by one of his men, blood dripping in a steady stream from his hand.

“You told her to you moron!”

“We are dancing in a crowded room and we are not hiding, my love.” Ruairi grinned as an arm went to her waist, his free hand taking one of hers. “No hiding from anyone or anything…”

“It must just be sheer exhaustion, the tests came back all correct. There was nothing to pick up.” Lily frowned deeply. “I do not understand… It can only be pure exhaustion from everything she has had to do and it is finally catching up with her.”

“I am so tired Aodhän. So tired…”

“O-okay. Okay…” Indira wheezed with laughter as she tried to stop, breathing in deeply through her nose and exhaling through her mouth as she stood and closed her eyes to regulate, unable to look at Kael as she tried. “Ah… ah… ah…” she laughed softly as the hysterics calmed after a few more minutes, leaving behind a few gentle giggles as she opened her eyes and stumbled toward him with a grin.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 8 Sep - 1:31

"Don't fucking manhandle me or my sister ever again! Do you understand?!" Agatha hissed, taking half a step backwards, and into their room as she pushed the door behind her open. "Come sister. Leave these brutes to lick their wounds, learn their lessons."

"Stop talking and do something!" Aodhän snapped at the healers then. "Enough talking, what are the two of you employed for?! If you let anything happen to her then I will have your heads!"

"Sir." Aoife returned frostily. "If I am being assured the tests came back clear from my second then I believe her. Exhaustion is a realistic answer. I suggest you allow your wife to sleep."

"You are idiots!"

"We are not hiding." Avani laughed anxiously. "How scary. How.. bare."

"Are you done?" Kael laughed
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 8 Sep - 1:42

“Sir there was no poison, no pregnancy, no malnutrition. No other ailments or diseases… we have run every single test. We took blood and skin and nail as you told us to… She is waning as Queen, her powers leeching into the atmosphere in preparation for the Coronation to go to your son. She is a mother of two young girls, she is active. I think the most logical conclusion here is that her Highness has simply given too much of herself for too long and her body is forcing the end of it.”

“I’ll have you on a fucking boat for this you sanctimonious, spoiled little bitch!” Wyatt seethed as he was pulled further away. Letting out a roar of pain as his arm banged the wall as they pulled.

Iskra slammed the door closed, almost panting with the effort to calm herself down.

“We are not hiding. Everyone knows who we are, and who we are to each other. Everyone knows I am yours Avani.”

“I am done…” Indira grinned, a small bubble of laughter escaping her lips before she leaned forward and pressed them to Kaels, her hand resting on his shoulder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next