BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 23 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Sat 14 Sep - 23:23

“I asked her that question mere moments ago… the smile I got in reply tells me that Avani is indeed adding to our family once again.” Indira smiled warmly. “I did not expect her to be with child so soon after their wedding, I thought she would want to take time in wedded bliss before adding in a newborn but… They have been incredibly happy since they wed.” She added before tipping her own glass into her mouth and finishing the contents. “The night of the wedding, Daphnes sisters called Idris… They called Idris the vulgar term for the child born to parents.” She avoided using the term as the little one was still in earshot. “To his face. Several times, to make a point. Kael did not stand for it. He had them removed. Since then he has made it abundantly clear to both staff and guests alike that if anyone is caught using the word even in passing when speaking about him they will never set food in the castle again. And as more eyes have entered, more guests, he… I suppose he understands that even though the word may not be used, people are thinking it. So he has spent plenty more time with him, so that he does not feel the weight of so many eyes on him. Just his fathers.” She smiled affectionately.

“Here is not home for me, as it appears to be for you. But I promise I shall visit, and you can visit too in time mm, when the wounds in your mind are not so deep from what happened back home.” Kiaan kissed the top of her head.

“Coming home is the plan, coming home and never coming back here.”

“Do you require a healer, Daphne? If you - “

“No, no. I am okay, all is fine now I am here. You two go intermingle with the others, find your matches as you are eager to.” Daphne insisted tiredly, a soft smile on her face. “I am fine now, my feet are up, I am sure someone will bring me a plate of nibbles soon.”

“This feels like a trap question.” Mor giggled, shaking her head.

“Well now I want the world to know it. To know that you have always been my equal in marriage, Aodhän. No longer in my shadow. I want the world to see how I see you.”

“We should find some kindling and set the castle alight.” Thea mused, only half joking as she took Karina’s arm.

“We have been abandoned, a shame.” Lucian grinned mischievously.

“The blood stays on until Kael is also clean… and it is good form for him to allow it to flake off rather than wash off.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 14 Sep - 23:51

"Let us go and congratulate the new Queen, and not talk about burning her new home down whilst we do it." Karina grimaced as she linked arms with her friend. Scanning the room for Daphne, and stepping towards the private area when she could not see her amongst the crowd, or on the dias. "These aren't Isolde's walls anymore. We need to remember it."

"I didn't expect Thea to come, I told her she didn't have to. She has been tense all evening. It means the three of us, when Kael frees himself, will only be able to spend time together for a short while before I have to return home. I'm not going to make her stay any longer than we have to."

"It is the one thing I can't get used to." Florence frowned, focusing on his eyes. "The sacrifices. I am used to everything else, it all feels like home apart from that."

"I don't recall Nerissa and I being overly open either, maybe at first, when we were both young but..." Aodhan grimaced. "Please don't try to change things too drastically, too quickly, Sol. I will do my best."

"Is that a no then?" Kael gasped. "That is unacceptable. I think I may have to punish you for that. Do you want to know what your sentence is? It is a brutal one!"

"We will fetch a member of the staff for you, make sure that they bring food over here and you are not just discarded here whilst your husband fauns over his mistress and her family."

"I don't believe I will be able to visit as soon as you would wish," Avani whispered, eyes darting over her brothers shoulder towards the posting she had last seen Rauiri stood. "I am not going to making the kind of trek Queen Zoya has made to get here today. In fact, I couldn't think of anything worse with such a young one."

"Never? It may not be possible for it to be... never. Your family is here, and your role may bring you here. It is best you spend tonight out there networking with these people. Dare I say have fun even, there are plenty of young people here. Young people with influence like yours."

"They said what?" Zoya's eyes flashed with rage, holding the young Prince closer as she craned her head to try and spot the Princess'. "The little bitches. Where are they? I shall throw sand in their eyes, blind them so they can not see it when they are cut apart. I know how to do it, I have seen enough to Ayaz's scars to know how Isolde tortures men without them dying from it."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 0:08

“Aryan is not so - oh. Oh!” Kiaan chuckled softly. “Congratulations, sister.” He pressed his lips to the top of her head. “Is the babe the reason for the quick wedding? Indira mentioned organising it in under a day. Did you discover you were with child and force the man to step up?”

“Kael had them removed from the wedding. They later showed up with bruises and said Kael had his men beat them. I truly believe they are ill in the head, Zoya, as if he would ever.” Indira shook her head. “I am told that the bruises and the pain lasted a lot longer than necessary due to our medicine not working so well with their delicate systems… a shame.” Indira murmured as she finished her drink. “Kael is… handling them. He finds it hard, balancing. They come here and want to impose their rules back onto their sister, who is arguing back less and less. Kael does not want to send them back, upset her. But he refuses to allow them anywhere near our boy, and has been nothing but protective of him since.” She assured. “We spend time as a family, often. Idris has no idea what others say, he is a happy little boy who loves his family. He shall stay that way as long as he can.”

“The food here is horrible, their music makes my ears bleed and half the women whom have travelled here are old hags who expect I shall marry them because I was polite and offered them a smile. As if I would ever debase myself.”

“Of course not… if it’s not what you want then we can carry on as we are.” Isolde nodded, admittedly a little defeated. “I won’t force you into anything my love. Whatever you need.”

“I do not care if she is no longer the reigning Queen. I want her to suffer in unimaginable agony.” Thea shrugged nonchalantly. “And if I ever get the chance I shall do it myself.”

“Please just one evening where you get the silly notion out of your head that Indira is Kael’s mistress. I cannot repeat myself any further. They shared a bed before we were married, and a child resulted in that. But that is all. He has no mistress, he is true to our marriage, he made that promise.” Daphne almost whined in frustration. “Please… just for tonight. Don’t accuse him of things. Be happy…”

“Oh no! A punishment?!”

“I am sure we can make the most of the time we have together, we always manage to, I have no worries.” Lucian grinned. “Besides, from what I am told you have gifted him enough wine to fill an entire cellar as a coronation present so… we will have to get started on it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 0:24

"The worst punishment you could ever imagine," Kael grinned, ruffling her hair until he stood up straight. Cocking his head to the side in curiosity as his eyes fell upon Lucian in a standing position. "I have to go and speak to some people, Mor. We will spend some time together later, okay?"

"We will, I need to at least make it worth my while with the amount of money it cost." Magnus chuckled. "Shall we wander into the parlour to the side and begin drinking there? I am sure our wives will work out where we are if we are needed."

"I know it is difficult, but.." Karina began, trailing off as they stepped into the private area. Nodding her head respectfully towards Daphne, "Apologies for the interruption your majesty. We just wished to get away from our husbands before their debauchery began. May we join you?"

Agatha sighed, leaning forward to place her head in her hands in frustration, completely ignoring their new guests.

"The reason for the quick wedding was my mates abhorrent fears for my reputation and dignity, when all I wished for was to be able to kiss him in a hallway. We had an argument, it was awful. I never wish for it to happen again." Avani laughed quietly. "You are the first to know, the first I have spoken to about it. Even he is unaware, the healer informed me after he went to work. So, keep it to yourself, please?"

"His marriage with his wife is breaking down then, because of her sisters?" Zoya shook her head. "Good. I am glad that he is treating the son you have so well, especially if these women are so evil, so... methodical."

"Go and be a teenager. Drink too much, give your family a headache with it. Have fun, before you return home and you have to be an adult."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 0:26

"How are you feeling?" Aodhan questioned, gently cupping her face then. Brushing his thumbs lightly against her cheek. "Be honest with me now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 0:43

“I would not say the marriage is breaking down… just… they are straining it.” Indira took another glass as servers walked by, before quietly adding, “I would say I am back in his bed once more but… it is he whom is in mine…”

“I am amazing at keeping secrets, you know this.” Kiaan grinned, though added tentatively; “Can these healers here… can they keep you and your child safe? Can they prevent… can they prevent your child being born like Bodhi?”

“You are all going to regret underestimating me one day. You all see me as a child. You will regret it.” Rahul warned grumpily before walking away.

“Queen Thea, Lady Karina, hello.” Daphne greeted warmly, delighted for the distraction, moving to sit up properly in her seat. “These are my sisters, Princesses Iskra and Agatha.” She introduced, gesturing to each one.

“Nice to meet you.” Thea replied pleasantly as she looked between the two.

“I feel exhausted. Creating Kael’s crown… I fear I shall not manage a daisy for a week.” Isolde laughed tiredly. “But I am well, Aodhän. Just exhausted, which is what this has always been. I wish to remain down here for as long as I can.”

“If you promise!” Mor nodded, squeezing him tightly before letting him go.

“A drink or two before the full festivities start and dancing is required sounds wonderful.” Lucian nodded, getting for Magnus to lead the way and slowly walking behind with his cane.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 0:57

Magnus glanced over his shoulder several times as he walked, before unable to hold himself back anymore and turning on his heel to walk backwards instead and marvel. "You are speedy with that! How long - How long have you been able to?"

Kael kissed his sisters cheek, and finally stepped down from the dias. Disguising a jog for a quick-paced walk as he worked his way through the crowd. Waving away others who wanted to speak to him, finding excuses and offering promises that he would catch them as the night wore on. "Wait, wait." He laughed, finally catching the men as they got to the parlour door. "Are my eyes deceiving me, Zaretsky?"

Aodhan let out a breath, glancing around to ensure there were no eyes upon them as he gently pulled her into a gentle, but solid embrace. Leaning his head on top of hers. "You done very well, it looked perfect."

"It is wonderful to meet you both." Karina nodded, "Your sister has been a wonderful addition to our cohort. We have looked after her well I can assure you."

"I am sure you have." Agatha scoffed, pushing to her feet. "Excuse me, ladies. I have a goal to reach by the end of the night, as does Iskra. We can't delay anymore, or we will miss out."

"A goal?"

"He - You - " Zoya choked on her drink, taking a physical step backwards so that she could cover her mouth. "Is his wife aware? Is this - you are an official mistress then? I mean, I am not surprised, not in the slightest but the last time we spoke you said that he was obsessed with the woman so I don't understand when the change happened."

"It is always dangerous, child birth. I have had plenty though, four out of five of my children have survived and that was under much more stressful circumstances." Avani whispered. "He will not care what it is, when he knows. He has let that slip in conversations before, about daughters as well as sons. I can not wait for you to meet him, Kiaan, really. The boys they - they hate me for it. Utterly despise me, Rahul was vile, he has disowned me and Arnav is always quiet but he won't even look at me." She laughed nervously. "There is no winning with my sons."

Arnav frowned, and walked after his brother. "Wait, wait for me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 1:11

“No… and no.” Indira swallowed, looking into her glass. “I know, what you will say. I am a fool, it will end in tears, I should be ashamed of myself when his wife is with child… I know all of the above. It just… the night of Avani’s wedding. And then it happened again, and again and I - I know… I know one day soon he will come to me and tell me to keep quiet about what has happened and it will not happen again. That he truly does wish to be faithful to her… I know it will break my heart again but…” she shook her head. “I love him… and the time we spend together with our son. And when he is in bed and Kael is laying in my arms talking nonsense… it allows me to just - be happy. So I know, I am silly, I know, but I cannot stop. I - I thought you would be surprised though.”

“Your mistake with the boys was rushing to be over here, Avani. You did not give them time to breathe, to grieve. I know you do not want to think of Rajiv, of how he harmed you. But he was their father, and they needed to grieve him. And now I imagine they feel stifled here, unable to speak of their father because their mother has a new man. Father said more than once he did not remarry after mother died because he knew Arzen would kill the woman brought in to replace her, you recall the threats made… Perhaps the boys need time and space to grieve away from feeling like you are flaunting a replacement in their face.” Kiaan frowned, before putting his hands up. “And that is not me being accusatory. I am telling you this through their eyes, not my own. They are young, hormonal, angry young men who are becoming men without a father to guide them. They pride themselves on being exactly like a man they love and who you suddenly show disdain for, sister. It is confusing.”

“Ah stop, stop. I do not need an audience.” Lucian laughed softly, waving them both away. “I get stronger each day. But the chair is still required sometimes, I cannot manage all.” He insisted, before leaning on the cane to bow for Kael. “Your majesty. It appears I am now no longer among an equal, and am outnumbered by crowns.” He jested.

“I thought it looked a little spindly but I gave it my all.” Isolde insisted, closing her eyes and melting against him, burying her face in his neck.

“My sisters wish to be wed and in my condition before a year is out.” Daphne raised her eyebrows with a chuckle. “They want to go fish for men in the crowd, suitable bachelors do not last long, you see.”

“Ah… yes. Many such… suitable men.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 1:26

"The crowns are all irrelevant when the three of us are together informally, and the informalities stop as soon as.... oh." Kael grinned, closing the door behind them and locking it once they were all inside. "Look at that! No more formalities. You certainly are a spectacle! Show us what you can do, Lucian. This is wonderful to see. You kept it quiet in your letters, you said not much progress had been made, this is incredible."

"It suits him perfectly, our Kael is not a neat person, so his crown shouldn't be either. Many branches, all weaved together." Aodhan whispered, lifting her up off the floor as soon as she had leant into him. "I've got you, Sol."

"Many." Karina agreed, craning her neck to giggle at an older Lord, unable to stand straight and sweating through his suit as he spoke to his peers. "Especially that one. Perhaps you should go and speak to him, Princess Agatha. I imagine he will drop down dead soon, you shall be set up for a long time then."

"Do not be so vulgar." Agatha wrinkled her nose. "I need to think of how our off spring would look, as well as the money. I am too pretty for such a man."

"They were angry at me long before they even knew of Rauiri. Rajiv poisoned them against me when I went away to check on Indira, though he would have done it anyway, had I been present." Avani scoffed, good mood slipping as she created distance between them. Finishing off the drink in her hands. "Their fathers sons, is what they are. Oh how cruel to love unconditionally the same personality that caused you such torment. Every time they insult me, it is him doing it. Every time they scream at me, and pull away from my affections I - I wonder if I should have simply shut up and put up with it like I had done all of my life but then Rauiri steps into the room with Rakesh hanging from his leg and Aryan in his arms and it just feels safe. You do not understand it, you are not a woman. When you finally marry, you will not fear all I had to fear. All the things that only Arzen ever knew the bastard done to me."

"No. Not on your side, you are obsessed with the man. Utterly obsessed. From that walk we had, before his teenage lover died, something changed in you. I just fear this.. change.. is now stopping you from being ultimately happy."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 1:46

“I changed because when she died my entire future was thrown into freefall… Her death was the start of something horrific for us all… That wasn’t to do with Kael.” Indira shook her head, “I know though, why you say what you say. I know… He will tire of me soon, and go back to his wife. But it makes me happy now so… what is the point in denying what makes me happy now when I’ll be miserable in the future either way, mm? Besides… I have more now. A position in his court. A distraction for when things go awry.”

“I know now he treated you poorly, Avani. But you put on an act for those boys their whole life. And overnight they lost their father, the man they sculpted themselves to be like, and as soon as he died you dropped the pretence. You hate their father, he was a bad man… and they have taken that to mean that you hate them. They are the bad men now.” Kiaan sighed as she moved away. “You brought them here too soon, Avani. All of this was too soon for them. Not for you, I know, after what you suffered. But for Arnav and Rahul it was too soon.”

“Thank you.” Isolde smiled, head resting comfortably against his chest. “I at least managed to crown him, before I got too tired. I made it through…”

“You mock us.” Iskra stated with a frown, not rudely, but with clear confusion.

“We mock the idea that most of those men out there are worth marrying, Princess. Not you, nobody is disputing you deserve good men.”

“I am not a performing monkey. I can walk, and I worked daily to get to this point. Up and down for hours at a time. I said nothing in case I regressed, the healer explained it can happen. Go swimmingly and then… my legs may go again, at any time. So I did not write and create an expectation for myself.” Lucian explained with a small laugh as he moved to sit down heavily, resting the cane on the side. “It is exhausting, but I hope one day to move without the cane.”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 2:03

"I have had many conversations with them that they are entitled to love him, that for the most part he was a good father. I have reassured them." Avani swallowed. "None of you allow me an inch of happiness. Rohan came here to sow seeds of discontent, finding reasons to accuse these people and hate them. You - " She shook her head once more, "I have been more than patient to finally know what it is like to have a gentle hand greet me, and I will not be sorry for it. Take them away, if I am such a terrible mother. Take whichever ones that want to leave when you go. I am tired of the misery of it all. This is a happy day. Razi drama will not ruin it. There is nothing that can be said here on this. Can we go back to happy? Please. I have missed you, I don't wish to fight."

"Did he offer you this before he began sleeping with you again, or afterwards? It is a stable position. I - I am not judging, Indira... Just trying to protect you. I am just trying to work out if I need to remain things packed and a boat ready if you need me to return here to ensure your safety."

"You did. You done excellently." Aodhan whispered, finding somewhere quiet for them to sit. Keeping her on his lap. "You always do. He looked wonderful, mm, the speech was... interesting."

"Good men are one in a few million. It takes years, years of searching. Normally the men are forbidden, or they are the nicest things in the world but it becomes dull quickly, or you absolutely hate them for years - the way they breath infuriates you but the way they touch you makes it worth it."

"You love a performance, out of all of us here." Kael argued light-heartedly. "It is certainly... outstanding. I am very pleased for you, indeed. Who is this healer, who has performed such a miracle? Where do they hail from?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 8:51

“Always with the dramatics dear sister. I never said you could not be happy, only the reasons why your sons are not.” Kiaan sighed softly, “if I thought you a bad mother I wouldn’t be excited for your upcoming arrival, would I? Of course that is something to be happy about, to celebrate. I do not wish to fight either.”

“Before. He offered me the council position before. And it was I who initiated things. It is not that he seduced me back to bed and is giving me a council position to keep quiet or out of guilt.” Indira shook her head, “He has given me a future that is more than just wandering round these halls looking for Idris. That allows me to create something for myself. Not just my freedom… You saw the big event he just made my freedom into. Not just an offhand comment to me once the crown was on his head that I was freed but a whole speech to the kingdom to let people know that I am no longer a prisoner. I am a fool but I am not stupid mm? I know he will not be asking me to marry him and be his second wife. I know that I will likely never bare the official title of being his mistress… But I no longer fear being exiled because he grows weary of me as I once did. If he wanted to do that he would not have gone out of his way to show me to the world like he did today, because now he knows he would not be able to simply get rid of me as he did before.”

“Making it very clear that the mother of his son is going nowhere, and that he will not tolerate any more grievances against Baldruun in order to protect his son from future harm.” Isolde brushed her hand across his chest to soothe herself. “All of this is to protect the boy, he loves Idris as we love our own children… the things you become willing to do for their safety mm?”

“They shall not be touching me unless in dance until we are married, no man shall. We have seen what happens when men touch women behind closed doors. They are not believed. So no man will be given the chance.”

“Lady Karina is right… touch helps you feel who is and is not right for you. If you gain comfort in their touch despite the words…” Daphne nodded in agreement. “Often no words are needed between Kael and I, a touch can resolve all.”

“You did not allow the King to touch you until you had married in both our way and his, and you profess the marriage is perfect. So Aggie and I can find a man the same, mm?”

“She does not have a fixed location, Kenna sailed far and wide to find her. And then it took gentle pushing from Karina to keep going. My crew mates made it clear that without legs I was worthless to them - I was told explicitly so. But I have worked - to regain feeling first, and to then build the muscle to be able to make progress.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 9:24

"Your crew told you what?" Kael stammered, eyes widening in horror as he shuffled to the edge of his seat and reached across to take the man's hand. "Were they possessed? That is - there are no words, that is utter madness."

"Do not give them your time now, when you have worked despite them." Magnus advised quietly. "They are your family, yes, but...  you don't deserve to hear such things from people you love. I imagine Conan was furious, Karina too. I imagine...  I can't imagine the kind of wound those words would have caused you."

"It can't be so hard to do, and there are plenty of people wandering around who long nothing like... that man." Agatha grimaced. "We are not allowed to be picky, we get whom we get but I shall not be going with a brute who is not proper and who is unkempt. Thinking of future children, how they will come out looking is also a priority."

"I have seen the most hideous babies grow into the most aesethically pleasing adults and the other way around. The parents love them all the same. Thea and I are lucky yes, the fathers of our children are easy on the eye and there is no place in any of our genetics to end up with children that would look anything else. It is irrelevant though, looks. Eden and Ira's father was mauled before I had the twins, by wolves, half of his face was all...  he was still Emmett though, still extremely attractive. None of it made a difference. My current husband, and his journey with his legs, his back. I think the two of you should try to be... a little less judgemental."

"You have been married twice? We would rather be killed then deal with the shame that brings."

"Three times, actually." Karina hummed pleasantly, unaffected by the comments.

"People didn't like it, such public statement. Most didn't, did you notice the grumbles?" Aodhän frowned. "I worry he has made his first bad decision, I worry he has pushed too quickly for change when such seeds take time to sow."

"It is just so complicated, mm? I want to believe you. I - I am very glad that you believe it." Zoya whispered, pulling her back into a gentle embrace and closing her eyes. "You and Avani stand out here, in the best way. Kiaan and I both agree to it. I witnessed some of these men looking at you with longing, the women with envy - it was not just their clothing that was green.  I - which one is Avani's mate? That is what we could not work out.. is he here?"

"Sorry! Sorry." Avani grimaced, lifting trembling hands up to rub at her face. "It has been hard, all of it and - and now my emotions are. It is why I went to the healers to begin with. I already know the child is a girl, none of my boys ever made me feel so erratic the way Selene did, the way this babe is so early."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 9:53

Kiaan shook his head with a chuckle, pulling his sister into his arms with a tight squeeze. “Do not apologise. I look forward to being the Uncle of a niece, it is something new and exciting for us all.” He grinned.

“You being here… I believe Kael’s ancestors are embracing me into their lands, and this is a sign they do not totally hate me. All I ever wish for is for you to be here.” Indira chuckled as she hugged her friend back tightly, before pulling away to scan the crowd. “He is here somewhere, probably patrolling for a while until they swap.” She shook her head with a laugh. “People do not suddenly find us desirable at the drop of Kaels hat… Avani and I will still face scorn for some time I imagine. I just hope by the time my son is older it has disappeared.”

“Very much so…” Lucian nodded sadly, squeezing Kael’s hand in appreciation “But what can I do mm? I am no longer that man, and I likely never will be again. All I can do is work as I am to get back to being the man my cousin needs to help run his country, the man my wife needs to keep her safe.”

“I think once wine is consumed people will be fine with it. They love to complain about a change, you know this.” Isolde mused, “I think enough will have expected it, he makes no secret how much he loves his son. Making things easier for his son to be accepted should come as no shock. All he is asking is that they work toward the change.”

“Lady Karina has suffered great loss, Aggie. She has found happiness with her husband, he is a Prince.”

“Oh I - we did not address you properly. I apologise Princess Karina.” Iskra grimaced at the anticipated faux pas.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 11:51

"No, you addressed me fine. I have not taken my currents last name, nor the title that came with it." Karina answered pleasantly. "My last name is Aster, it shall remain it.  It keeps him alive, it keeps me connected to my twins. It was - it is me."

"And the Prince is fine with this?" Agatha frowned, paling a shade, mouth slightly agape as she struggled to process. "Why would you rather be known as Lady. How - how can any man be happy with such an insult?"

"Mm, and the comment about things happening that the Seers hasn't seen. How would he know? I - Have the ancestors told him something. I can't... he has kept things from us these past few months."

"Well, the grandiose of your make up makes you appear very.. pirate today. The jewels you bare on your fingers and such." Kael grinned. "You are rivalling Princess Avani on her wedding day. Perhaps she'll let you borrow her dress."

"Karina has been supportive to you then?" Magnus asked quietly. "If she hasn't been, I can ensure some quiet words are given."

Last edited by BestNameEva on Sun 15 Sep - 12:29; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 12:21

"It is, isn't it?" Avani breathed, her eyes closing as she hugged him back and stayed within the embrace. "Everything here is very exciting. Rauiri got promoted, with all of this change. With Isolde's Captain of the Guard becoming Lord. It means Rauiri is Captain of the Guard now. His first day today, he was very nervous this morning." she chuckled.

"So much on their ancestors. I am glad our gods and the sands are less demanding, that they are absent. I think constantly wanting to please a higher power, relying on their blessings so much would drive me to madness."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 12:33

“Agatha, it is not an insult to Lady Karina. It is an honour to her former husband.” Daphne reprimanded gently. “Forgive my sisters… the way in which we were taught to see things contains very little nuance.”

“I knew he wished to speak to Fiadh, before the coronation. I did not realise it was something he had found the time to do. Perhaps it was advised that he keeps things from us… part of us handing over the power is trusting him with it mm?”

“Karina and Conan both have been supportive, as have Eden and Cassius. Aesira is… occupied of late. But as a whole I have had my family beside me, I am okay with it.” Lucian nodded, rolling his eyes playfully at Kael. “I thought you would appreciate this, but I can go change if required, Your Majesty.”

“Their ancestors are tangible at least. Kael spoke with Fiadh before the coronation… She told him wonderful things about Idris, that they would be forever close. It was heartening to hear.” Indira smiled proudly, “It is incredible, watching my little boy grow, knowing what he is destined for. I - how are you finding it? Being a mother?”

“Not quite a Prince or a wealthy merchant, but you could do worse.” Kiaan teased with a short laugh. “As long as you are well.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 13:09

"He is better than both of those things. He - Ah, look, they must have done the change over already." Avani grinned, keeping a tight hold of her brothers hand as she stepped down from their section and dragged him through the crowd towards the guards near the main door. Towards her husband.

"Your brother has taken to parenthood like a duck to water, the man I remember fondly before all of this ever happened is coming back in spurts and stutters. A slow process, his confidence is building again. Kiaan has been flanking him a lot though, quiet meetings, I don't know if there are quiet pep talks going on." She mused, actively ignoring the questions focus on herself.

"No, I like it." Kael hummed happily. "It suits you, you look good. Confident."

"Mm, like the dickhead that showed up to my castle the first time I met him." Magnus agreed. "When you were infuriating and I was sure you were here to cause trouble."

"'Possibly. That's... unusual." Aodhän grimaced. "For us, I mean. This may all be mote difficult then I first thought it would be."

"'Don't fret. I had much worse judgement before it became the norm for people at home. I am used to it," Karina grinned, hand moving up to the wedding ring that hung at her neck. "We handle it well."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 13:42

“I am always here to cause trouble.” Lucian laughed with a shrug, “What trouble have you been getting up to recently then Kael? It has been a while since we last managed to sit down like this. You have been East since… you do seem less weighed down despite the crown. All is well here?”

“Ishaan was always good with Avani’s sons, that does not surprise me. But what of you? How is the little one?”

“Gods Avani!” Kiaan laughed as he was yanked quickly, rocking on his feet unsteadily as it was unexpected, allowing her to move him as she pleased.

“No longer our concern, things of this kind. If he wishes us to know he will tell us. Perhaps we should be glad we do not have a thousand possibilities to mull over the way he may. True retirement, my love.”

“I will be fine, if you two wish to go mingle.” Daphne assured her sisters, “I do not want to stop you fall finding your match.”

“As you wish.” Iskra nodded, bowing at her sister and her companions before leaving the area.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 13:53

"I was very weighted down up until three months ago, the pressure was becoming consuming." Kael laughed non-chalantly. "Indira's siblings, the twins, they are vile and brutal. Daphne's sisters are just as challenging. Fiadh though, I spoke to her... I.. done a bit more than speak."

"I am.. fine. It is difficult, I don't think the child likes me very much." Zoya wrinkled her nose. "He cries when he sees me, straight away but settles for every other person."

"Captain Cavanaugh, apologies for interuppting you at work." Avani called her warm greeting from several meters away, laughing quietly at her brothers reaction. "There is someone that you must speak to."

"Mm. Retirement." Aodhän echoed quietly.

Agatha hesitated, following after her sister moments later with only a twitch of her fingers to say goodbye.

"They seem.. very pleasant." Karina grimaced. "How long have they been here for?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 14:02

“I felt that way with Idris… the first few weeks I could only hold him for a few minutes or so at a time I was so weak. It seemed he preferred everyone but me.” Indira sympathised, reaching over and taking her friends hand. “Look mm? The way he sleeps on you now but was almost yelling when I held him earlier. I promise you your little one doesn’t dislike you.”

“You had more than a few minutes for a few words and managed to have a full conversation with her then?” Lucian nodded, “I am glad, I know getting her to come to you has been something you have wanted for a long while. It’s good you finally got to see her.”

“This is a good thing, Aodhän. We have to learn to let go, mm?”

“Avani.” Ruairi greeted warmly, reaching out his hand and snaking it around Avani’s waist as he kissed the top of her head. “How are you?”

“A few months. They are struggling to adapt into this place the way I did. Our upbringing was rigorous, about what is wrong and what is proper. This place is everything we were told was not good… I am trying, but with there being two of them more often than not I end up losing the battle.” Daphne admitted.

“Now is not the time for you to be trying to teach anyone manners and assimilation.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 15 Sep - 19:36

"All I can do is trust your experience," Zoya whispered, glancing down at the boy in her arms. "He has grown so much, even since I have last seen him and you.. You look so wonderful, Indira, the light is returning to your eyes. You didn't have that when you were at home visiting us, nor did your sister. I - You have truly found your place here now, it seems. I am glad, as much as I am sad."

"No, no. We had more than words." Kael laugh turned nervous then. "You mustn't tell anyone, no other Fae, this doesn't even leave the room. She broke their rules, I was about to touch her. We were able to.." He raised his eyebrows.

"Wha- what?" Magnus scoffed, choking on his champagne. "You slept with a - a spirit? That - Kael."

"My family are here. You can meet them properly, meet them as my husband as opposed to one of Kael's men." Avani breathed, closing her eyes at the affection before taking a step to the side and motioning happily towards Kiaan. "Meet Rohan's warmer counterpart, the better twin - not that we tell Rohan that, of course. Ruairi, this is my baby brother Kiaan. Kiaan, this is my mate Rauiri."

"We will learn, we will." Aodhän insisted. "It is going to be an adjustment for the both of us."

"Do not let them wear you down, if they wish to wander around being miserable and uptight then it is only themselves they are spiting. You are... very close to greeting your child into the world. You and Kael must be excited."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 15 Sep - 23:45

“When my boy is older, a man grown, I will make as many trips back and forth as I can to see you… I promise. I only hesitate when he is a child because I do not feel half his young years on ships will be good for him. But when he is a man grown, to tell me yes and no… I will be with you as often as I can, Zoya.” Indira promised, kissing her friends cheek. “Man or no man, son or no… when my child is grown and no longer needs me as he does now I’ll be back where you are.”

“He’s fucking with us… of course he is.” Lucian snorted, “Kael is not so stupid as to believe he fucked a ghost. Do not fall for it Magnus.”

“Prince Kiaan, it is - “

“An honour, mm.” Kiaan waved away the formalities. “If you harm my sister I -“

“Innards on the floor? Head off shoulders?” Ruairi chuckled nervously.

“I know… but we start today. Start by trusting Kael and what he says.”

“Very. Kael spoke with his ancestors; they told him our son would be healthy when born. It has perked him up immediately from how unsure he was before.” Daphne grinned, smoothing her hand across her stomach. “He’s active, very much so. The healers have warned that because of Kael’s size, and how large I have grown, that my child is likely to also be large, but they can manage him. And with Kael’s words of the ancestors… I am wary of the pain, but I know I’ll get my little boy to hold…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 16 Sep - 0:04

"I am not, I will give you a blood oath for it if I must." Kael laughed, reaching his hand out as if in offering for a knife. "It happened, I swear it! I - I swear it on Idris' life."

"Start with trusting him implies we never have. You have been more trusting then me, I can - I can admit that but I have not been.." Aodhän grimaced, struggling to find the right words then.

"The pain is worth it, it was with mine. As long as you don't birth twins, Ira was a struggle but by the time Eden decided to show I was exhausted. It made her more difficult." Karina chuckled. "The healers are sure you are only having the one?"

"He does such things to you and he will physically pain me, so they are empty threats." Avani answered with a small hum of amusment, reaching her hand across to rest her palm against Rauiri's chest plate. "Lets stop the male bravado."

"And when he is a teenager, when the trips across the ocean aren't as daunting for him? Will you visit more then too?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 16 Sep - 0:16

“They are sure, just that my husband is a large man who will produce large children.” Daphne chuckled. “They say he is turned the other way round, and will come any day now… My sisters are proving - “ she grimaced. “In our culture, it is bad bad luck for men to be in the room at birth. They are not present at all until the child is delivered and the cord cut. But Kael… Kael saw the birth of his first two sons, and wishes to be present for this birth too. He has said, that if I say no, he will respect it and wait outside but I… I do not know…” she swallowed. “I will have my sisters to hold my hand and attend me, but it is my husbands child and I… I do not know what is best.”

“What is best is what you want. If you want him there, have him there Daphne.”

“When he is old enough to understand that me visiting home is not me choosing anything above him, when he is old enough to understand that visiting you is not prioritising my happiness above him, then I shall be with you. When he is old enough to know that I need your light in my life Zoya…”

“Kael… how does one… how does one fuck a ghost?” Lucian laughed at the words.

“He shall not be allowed to harm you Avani.”

“And I never shall.” Ruairi assured, kissing his wife’s forehead.

“Mm… You are bound to her now, I suppose. Welcome to the family, Ruairi Cavanaugh.”

“You still see him as a young man with wanton business and an unclear head. You find it hard to see him as a man grown with a crown and a sensible approach.” Isolde finished for him

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next