BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 23 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Yesterday at 23:22

"You are too used to people falling over themselves for your attention these days. Your men to be in your favour, women who hail you a hero. The cat makes you work and you are not used to working to be liked anymore."

"I - Mm.. thank you."

"Nothing, you have done nothing." Kael assured quietly, resting his chin on top of hers as his grip tightened. "The world is cruel and - and... that is all there is to it. Cruelty."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Yesterday at 23:29

“I am not ready to go. I hate that my mind will before my body does - I am already having moments of forgetfulness. I hate that you will see me in such a way. I’m not ready to leave… I know nobody ever is truly but… I am not ready.”

“I care little about being liked by those on two legs or four.”

“I enjoy you, very much.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Yesterday at 23:33

"I can speak to the healers. I - I wish dad had let me speak to them before he went all... psychopathic." Kael swallowed, "And I know they have already tried in the past but they are decades older now, things have advanced and we have Caleeri's here, Razi's. Eastern influence. Like, did you see Lucian at my coronation? The man danced with his wife after being in a chair unable to move a thing from the waist down. If you - I would like to write to him and ask him for the details of the healer that helped him too, if it's okay?"

"Bullshit." Aoife scoffed. "Your such a liar. Your the biggest glory hound I know. Pretending you aren't is just part of your image."

"Not as much as I enjoy you,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Yesterday at 23:40

“If I live long enough… I’d like to see your home. Learn your tongue… your culture. If you’ll allow it?”

“You may, you may do all you want.” Isolde nodded sadly, her expectations clearly low. “Your father… I know you have made your mind up, but he is desperate too. I do not wish to get any hopes up though… please do not mention your efforts to Mor…”

“Glory Hound? Well now I’m deeply offended.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Yesterday at 23:45

"Apologies, Lord." Aoife leant up to rest on her elbow and grin down at him. "Everyone likes to be recognised, Wyatt. It's a normal emotion, especially for people like us who have no one."

"I won't say anything, not to anyone." Kael assured. "Daphne and Indira perhaps being the exceptions. As for father, he... I just can't forgive him. I'm sorry."

"It is very different to yours. The sun might burn you, the way the lack of it makes us unwell. The language is more complex than yours too. A mixture of many. It is a lot to take on."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Yesterday at 23:50

“More excuses…” Lily couldn’t help but frown a little then. “You think I am incapable of learning your language? I know several as it is, you know that. And I can put lotion on my skin to help prevent burning… Perhaps you do not see a future with me, that would require me knowing, seeing? Is it that you believe I am right and my time is limited, so you do not wish to plan?”

“I’m not an egotist.”

“I cannot change your mind, I know that, because of what he did to Lily. But if you believe me on one thing… believe we planned to tell you that might, and the night after. We weren’t keeping it from you any longer.” Isolde promised, pulling away and wiping at her face. “I apologise for my loss of control there… would you mind walking me back to my room?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Yesterday at 23:56

"Egotists are excessively self-absorbed. I never said that, you are not a mechanical machine though. Not a war tool. Everyone likes praise, don't get defensive, mm?"

"Don't- no don't apologise, please." Kael whispered. "I want to walk you back, mm. I wouldn't allow anything else."

"I believe you won't like me when I am at home," Rohan whispered. "It is different there, there is more judgement."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Today at 0:00

“I believe that I would like to see you in your home- and that as your wife I will be seeing every side of you, as you’ll see every side of me.”

“I truly am blessed to have you as my son,” Isolde smiled affectionately as she patted his cheek.

“I’m an incredibly efficient war tool actually.”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Today at 0:16

Aoife rested her hand against his cheek for a brief moment, before moving it to rest above his heart. Still for several minutes, before settling to rest her head against his chest entirely and gently squeeze his torso. More than a tool, so much more, being the silent reassurance.

"Don't start that," Kael laughed tiredly. "I have gotten too much praise since being crowned, from everyone. A night away from it will be nice."

"Okay. Okay, if you think it is something you can handle. Who am I to try and out you off?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Today at 7:16

“One day you will accept all the praise given to you because you understand you are worthy. I’m very sad I won’t be here for it.” Isolde gave him a sad smile, linking her arm with his.

“I can handle it perfectly, just as I handled you.” Lily grinned, pressing her lips back to his.

Wyatt moved an arm to gently brush his hand against her face with soft affection.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23