BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Tue 29 Dec - 23:19

Introduction

Dear lucky parents,

Congratulations on the birth of your new child! As the first generation to be born within the new order we look forward to seeing your new little one grow and develop. Now, please do not be alarmed when it comes to the colour of yours child's hair. Due to our genetic engineering every child born into the world order is going to have the exact same feature. On their eighteenth birthday the colour their hair turns will determine their future career.

Enjoy the next eighteen years with your precious bundle of joy, and good luck!

Your almighty leaders,
The Masrui.

Plot
Over the past one hundred years the world has changed, disaster after disaster caused the people to riot and when given a choice they put their trust in the wrong group of people.

The Masrui, led by Esmè Wit, have formed a New World Order - one that began full of hope has turned into one of segregation. New technologies have been put into practice on mothers unborn children in order to genetically engineer them.

They claim it is a step to balancing the world again but it has removed all choice and free will in society.

You are one of the first generation born into the New World Order, one of the first generation genetically engineered. One of the first generation who will have their futures dictated to them by which colour scientists decided to make your hair colour turn when you reached young adulthood.

This hair colour will decide everything for you. Your career prospects, your income and even what your personality will morph into in the future.

But can you fight genetics? Will you succumb to what every fibre of your being is pulling you towards? Or do you accept your fate?

Hair Colours
Below you will find a directory of which each hair colour means. Your hair may have switched from grey to this colour in its entirety, or it may simply appear as a strand or highlight within it.

Black-
Job Prospect - Criminal Activity (Gang, Drugs, Robbery, Money Laundering etc.)
Economic potential - Flexible (It would depend on how good you are at the job prospect)
Defining personality trait - Manipulative

Red-
Job Prospect - Creative Industries (Acting, Singing, Painting, Drawing etc.)
Economic potential - Working Class
Defining personality trait - Determined

Blonde -
Job Prospect - Inspiration (Scientists, Teachers, Doctors etc.)
Economic potential - Middle Class
Defining personality trait - Patient

Green
Job Prospect - Manual Labour (Agriculture / Fishing/ Building etc.)
Economic potential - Working Class
Defining personality trait - Humour

Purple-
Job Prospect - Business and Politics (CEO, Entrepreneur, Politician etc.)
Economic potential - Upper Class
Defining personality trait - Stoic

Character Form

Full Name:
Relationship Status:
Children:
Hair Colour:

------
My Characters

Full Name: Marlowe Bianca Levi
Relationship Status: Married to Maddox
Children: Expecting
Hair Colour: Green
The Age of The Masrui 94180917-green-hairs-

Full Name: Dorian Lux Miller
Relationship Status: Single
Children: None
Hair Colour: Black
The Age of The Masrui Fe2a96b1af2d42ea8294c9166ccbbcb7

Full Name: Louis King
Relationship Status: Married to Karsi
Hair Colour: Blonde
The Age of The Masrui 5d7432b1e581be762586ec90fbc44700

Full Name: Ronan William Langstead
Hair Colour: Purple
The Age of The Masrui Best-short-haircuts-for-men-1-1000x690

Full Name: Cassandra Paisley Caldwell
Relationship Status: Single - Previously Engaged
Children: Alfie (6)
Hair Colour: Black with purple streaks due to a procedure gone wrong
The Age of The Masrui Black-and-purple-hair-7

Last edited by BestNameEva on Thu 14 Jan - 17:28; edited 7 times in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

The Age of The Masrui Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 0:55

Full Name: Karsi Jane Levi
Relationship Status: With Louis
Hair Colour: Black
The Age of The Masrui D5649210db88f27f7866837bbe91d8d5

Full Name: Maddox James Levi
Relationship Status: With Marlowe
Hair Colour: Blonde
The Age of The Masrui A1404d7d4b67e79d6a29337752b62308

Full Name: Astrid Claire Levi
Hair Colour: Brown with purple
The Age of The Masrui Iris-law-chi-e-la-figlia-di-jude-law_image_ini_620x465_downonly-3

Last edited by Phoenix on Thu 7 Jan - 18:19; edited 1 time in total

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 1:03

(( Yay! Hello! Does it all make sense? I will throw a starting post up tomorrow, going to grab some shut eye now ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 1:04

((Yeah, I'll just follow your lead when you post!))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 8:09

Dorian was leant back against a brickstone wall in the centre of the city, a grey beanie placed over his head - hiding his hair completely. Gloves stuffed into the pocket of his coat as he attempted to get his lighter going to smoke his cigarette. "You are an awful wind blocker." He complained to Marlowe who stood facing him, her back towards where the wind was coming from - though whenever the flame got going she would jump back so her scarf wouldn't get into the way.

"And all you do is complain, but I am still here aren't I?"

-----
Effie was sat cross-legged on a bench in the park, pulling a jacket that was a little too light weight for the temperature around her to try and warm herself up a little more. A cross-word book on her lap, balancing a pencil between her teeth.

----
Reuban stood in line, his suit dishevelled from the day so far. Suitcase on the floor as he tried to count his money up to pass over to the batista and receive his coffee.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 10:03

Karsi stormed out of one of the most expensive boutiques in the city, still wearing a ridiculously fluffed up wedding gown. Within seconds of walking out she'd binned the veil that'd been woven into her hair and was stepping out of the dress, just leaving it on the street as she walked away from it in nothing but a bra and leggings that she'd had on underneath, flimsy sliders on her feet -  shaking her head and muttering curses. Her hair was covered by a blonde wig, expensive and thus natural looking, though the force she'd used to rip the veil comb from her head had pulled it a little from the roots, exposing the tiniest of black strips near her ear.

"Karsi, this is ridiculous!" A tall blonde woman - so similar to her in looks she could only be her mother - screamed as she walked out afterwards following her, hands in the air in desperation. "What's wrong with the dress? What excuse do you have this time?! Do you know how much money we are spending on this wedding? You're getting every girls dream, everything you could ever want!"

Maddox stepped out from the car he'd been sitting in with a grimace, settling his jacket on his sisters shoulder and passing her the handbag he'd been keeping for her. "Mother that's the third today, don't you think it'd time we give this a rest, mm?" he said calmly, settling into his usual role of peacemaker between the two women. "She's clearly still upset."

"If she keeps talking I will hit her." Karsi hissed through her teeth, barely slowing her gait to get away.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 11:06

Marlowe had stepped forward once again in an attempt to help her brother keep the flame going long enough when the yelling had begun just behind her. Turning swiftly, using only one foot to do it, similar to how a ballerina would she stared at the scene for only a moment or two before she wrinkled her nose at the smell of burning, yelping when Dorian hit her back almost violently. "Hey!"

"I just saved your life, asshat, don't turn your back on an open flame." Dorian retorted, tone harsh though he soon shook his head at her dismissevly. Taking a step forward to be at her side rather than behind her as he finally began to smoke, his attention also falling onto the woman in only her underwear.

"Looks chaotic, huh?"

"Mm." Dorian hummed, dropping the cigarette and putting it out with his foot before wandering over to the three as he moved his arms above his head in an exaggerated stretch. "Everything okay over here?"

"Oh god he has to get involved," Marlowe mumbled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 11:13

“Would you call an arranged marriage in the twenty-first century okay?” Karsi hissed, though the venom was directed at her mother rather than the man who’d asked. “Would you call dragging your daughter back from her very nice boarding school in Switzerland to marry someone she’d not seen since she was around 3 feet tall, okay?”

“You two get along well - you even said when you were children you’d marry. We’re making dreams come true here!” Her mother sighed in exasperation. No malicious intent in her tone, clearly clueless to the genuine oppositions her daughter made.

“Thanks for your concern but we’re fine. Just a small family dispute with a bride who has cold feet.” Maddox smiled politely as he tried to zip the jacket up over his sister, though his hands were batted away. Admitting defeat and not wanting to cause a fight, Maddox gave up and just kept to looking around instead, wary of any cameras that may turn their way - their fathers family business and their mother’s insistence on being on a reality Housewives show often making them a target.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 11:21

"I have the keys to that place," Dorian informed Maddox after seeing his attempts, nodding his head over to an old warehouse like building just need to the one he had been previously leant against. "It isn't much but it is more private than the middle of the road to have this dispute in."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 11:30

“We’ve had this dispute twice over already today. I’m getting bored of it - “ Maddox tried to explain, only to be cut off when his sister elbowed him in the stomach and doubled him over before launching the car keys he dropped in the direction of their mother - to the woman’s sheer horror as they sailed straight over her head.

“I imagine if you get those keys first nobody will be in a position to stop you taking the car. We were at Tiffany’s before we came here, the boots filled with blue.” Karsi smiled sweetly before taking off in a run, not noticing the bag she left behind.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 11:37

Dorian bared his teeth in an empathetic grimace for Maddox, lifting a hand up to scratch at his cheek anxiously - unsure how to respond to the situation he was witnessing. Leaning down, he picked up Karsi's bag from the ground. Lifting his gaze over to the woman he hummed to her, "Mm, see I get the feeling that marriage isn't for her."

Marlowe frowned, walking in the direction that the girl had ran in - beginning to jog herself once she was out of sight from everyone else.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 11:44

“This is why she was shipped off. This is fucking ridiculous.” Maddox hissed as his mother just sighed and went back into the shop to try and reorganise a fitting.

Karsi dipped into the nearest shop and reached for her phone, realising she’d forgotten her bag.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 11:51

"Mm," Dorian hummed, deciding to remain neutral. Simply giving a subtle shrug of his shoulders and musing as he slipped the girls bag beneath his coat, "Well, good luck with all of that stuff. I wouldn't want the daily dramatics of your life that is for sure. I suggest you move the car by the way, you can't park in that spot for too long, you'll get a nasty fine."

---
"Hey, wait..." Marlowe exclaimed when she finally caught up, her voice coming out as a squeak as she tried to catch her breath from running. "Let me help you?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 11:58

“Unless youre one of my fathers many bastards and want to marry in my place I don’t understand how you could possibly help me.” Karsi said, not unkindly but in a matter of fact way, annoyance sweeping her features when she realised she didn’t have anything on her at all, feeling the coat pockets to check for a phone or anything.
__

“The fine will be payable, I’ll have to sit here until she comes back, no doubt mother has someone looking for her already.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:07

"Ah, each to their own. I have to get going. Hopefully I won't see you around," Dorian hummed, turning and walking away - lifting a hand up as a half wave of goodbye.

---
"Oh no, I didn't mean with that - I have no idea how to help you with that despite how much I would like to but..." Marlowe frowned, tensing as she felt the stares they had aquired. "They'll be looking for you, no?" She asked in a hushed tone, "Come with me, I can hide you for a while and we can get you away from everyone looking at you like they are."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 12:11

“You realise I have no cash on me don’t you?” Karsi raised an eyebrow as she asked, her general upbringing forcing the question as money was the only motivator in her world

___
“Do feel free to tell my sister to return if you see her.” Maddox sighed as he walked to grab the car keys and sit back inside it.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:15

"If you did have any on you then I wouldn't have to be offering you any help now, would I?" Marlowe answered, in the same hushed tone with a warm grin. Motioning with her head for her to follow as she led her back out of the shop, down some of the narrow back alleys that ran throughout the city.

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 12:16

“He always keeps money in his jacket pockets except for the one time I actually need it.” Karsi muttered absently as she followed, the cold seeming to get to her as she zipped herself up.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:20

"Is it always like that for you?" She asked gently as they went down a narrow one way road, pulling a key from her pocket when they got to an old door nestled at the end of it. Pushing it open and taking a step back so she could go first, "Up two flights of stairs, third door on your right. It'll be unlocked."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 12:24

“My dad has like 7 kids to almost as many wives and I’m the youngest and the only girl, usually I’m left the fuck alone. Then the hair thing happened and - never mind.” Karsi almost backtracked on what she said but fell silent, realising she didn’t know the girl well enough at all to be talking to her and just followed her directions, opening the door when she got there.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:31

The door she had instructed her to go to would of led to a cozy two bedroom apartment, the floor was covered with a thirty year old carpet that had began to come up around the edges, and the walls were bare and unpainted other than a couple of photos that had been blue-tacked up to try and add a bit of colour. The furniture was minimal, only the very basics needed to survive - though the sofa did double up as a bed.

Marlowe came up a minute or two after her, having made sure that no one had been watching them. "So uh, what size are you? I have some spare clothes you can have until we work out what we are going to do, get you into something that is more you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 12:35

“A ten I think...” Karsi looked around, the photographs piquing her interest. “The guy you were with before - your family?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:40

"Older brother," She confirmed with a nod, "His names Dorian, I'm Marlowe. I am also your size, give me a minute - I'll see if I have anything." she hummed, wandering into the other room.

The photographs on the wall differed in age ranges, though as soon as Dorian had reached in age in them at which his hair would of changed colour then he stopped appearing in them, as would of the green haired man and woman who would occasionally feature. After this point there would be the odd photograph of Marlowe by herself, but not many.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 12:47

Karsi nodded as she looked over them own, simply offering “Karsi.” In reply. The pictures looked awfully strange to her - the simple fact they were natural and not posed as she was used to her family photographs being.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 12:50

"Karsi, that's pretty." Marlowe hummed, wandering back out of the room with a pile of clothes consisting of two options for jeans, three tops that were almost identical and a white fluffy jumper. Offering them out to her, she hummed, "Here, choose whichever you like the best - you can use the bathroom to change. Do you want something warm to drink?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next