BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 3 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 14:57

"He feels responsible, it is a story that isn't mine to tell."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 14:58

Karsi opened her mouth as if to say something, but thought better of it and just sat down instead as she drank her drink.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 15:23

"What uh.. what does your father do then?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 15:33

"Officially? Levi's is a tech company, specifically medical tech. Unofficially - men like your brother run his arms across warzones, run his drugs through the cities so my dad never actually has to get his hands dirty." Karsi shrugged. "Us kids are the right mix, a few blondes to join in the research, a few purples to take the top seats in the company, I think Aiden is actually in the running for Senate... Mads is the only one who wants to be an actual Doctor, not just have a doctorate. Dad thinks its a waste but the magazines eat that shit up don't they? Dad wants to get rid of mom and marry wife number seven who'll already be waiting but moms the one who -" she stopped before looking at Dorian, confusion and then anger flicking on her face. "Mads wouldn't have just given you my bag, you stole it didn't you?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 15:40

Dorian glanced over when he felt the question directed at him, throwing the cigarette out of the window as he slid off the counter and made his way over, leaning down and resting his fingertips beneath her chin to try and force her eye contact. "Of course you would assume that, what else are men like me capable of? It is in our genetics after all. You know, drugs, stealing, the occasional murder."

Marlowe watched closely.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 15:45

"Men like you are capable of dying painfully when daring to put your hands where they don't belong." Karsi said evenly, locking her gaze with his, trying to hide the fact she'd initially flinched at his touch, that she hadn't briefly faltered as he'd towered over her. "Tell me I'm wrong and you weren't stealing and I'll apologise. I might be a stuck up rich bitch but I was taught my manners."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 16:01

(( Ahaha you have seen my old uni lecturer randomly attacking me on Facebook then. ))

"You were wrong, you dropped the damn bag and I was going to come after you and give it to you." Dorian sneered. "My sister and I are helping you, perhaps you should be careful when throwing allegations and threats around. I could easily march you right back to your brother as he asked you too and guard the damn venue whilst you are forced into a marriage."

"Stop it, both of you." Marlowe whined, getting to her feet and pulling Dorian back from her. Placing herself between them, "We were just all getting along, can we not fight."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 16:12

(You know what it is... like... I could happily be vegetarian as long as you dont mention it? like without thinking about it I probably have like 3/4 days a week where its like cereal / pasta / potato so no meat... But as soon as you say no meat thats it, I've got to have it all... I cant deal with militant vegans. Its cheaper for a packet of chicken that'll last a week than for tofu bullshit or whatever)

"Hmm." Karsi responded, the tone flat, not believing a word he'd said. She opened her mouth but quickly shut it when she heard shouting coming from the street below.

"Karsi!" A man shouted up as he got out of an expensive car, dressed up in a suit to match. His cropped hair dark except for a purple streak that glinted at the top, almost totally blended in with the rest of it. Taking his sunglasses off as he walked up and down the street, he checked his phone for something then stayed in the same spot, looking up. The man looked similar enough to Maddox that pinning them as siblings would be easy, though bore no resemblance but his eyes to his younger sister.

"You're really shit at this whole criminal thing." Karsi muttered as she took her phone from her bag. "This isn't even high tech its find-my-fucking-iphone"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 16:26

(( I could easily be a veggie too, thr vegetables are my favourite part of any meal and any meat dishes I always stock up with veg. Eating out I even go for vegan options more than meat ones, my boyfriends mates thought I was a vegetarian when I last saw them and were shocked when I told them I wasn't.

It was just completely out of the blue which is what threw me with him, like he was so nice in uni, he gave me a lovely reference only 2 years ago so yeah just so random.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all at the end of the day, especially on Facebook. It wouldn't of hurt him to scroll past and now I feel genuinely upset when I havent even done anything wrong )))

----
"You need to decide if you are going to be staying with us or not, if you are then we'll get you out of here." Marlowe whispered, flinching when she heard the front door slam close as Dorian stormed out. "Okay I'll get you out of here."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 16:35

((I genuinely get why people are upset about factory farming, it is upsetting, but at the same time being vegan isn't sustainable for a lot of people especially the working class - its exactly like you said. People have to live within their means. My nephew is lactose intolerant and can't have anything 'normal' with milk in it so his mum has to get vegan cheese, soy milk, vegan chocolate and all that lot and its adds on an extra Ā£50 to her shop, its just not doable for most people))

"I've dragged you into this for long enough." Karsi smiled as she put the phone into her bag, slipping out a wad of cash from her purse without looking or counting at it and setting it on the side. "For your trouble, a little extra for your brothers wounded pride. I have a few weeks till the wedding to get sorted and if not... my mothers a neat freak and will have sanitiser in her purse. I'll down a bottle of that in the bathroom pretending I need something else from her bag and I'll end up throwing up blood before I get down the aisle... problem solved. I have a list of plans from A-Z. So I'm gonna go down there and meet - " she strained her ears again to listen to her brother call for her twice more, waiting a second to process the voice before carrying on "Altair... maybe Caliban... No that's Altair, he rolls the r weird in my name - anyway. I'll be fine."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 16:40

(( Exactly, he is directing his anger at me when it should be at the government. It is out of line. ))

----
"It is more than wounded pride," Marlowe whispered, before shaking her head and asking in almost frustration: "How many times do I have to tell you that I dont want your money? Especially now. Take your money and do as you like."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 16:48

"You don't but he does - please. For the trouble. Get him a jetski for his birthday or something." Karsi smiled, resting her hand gently on her arm before heading outside. Taking less than two steps out the door before Altair had grabbed her arm and backhanded her with enough force to knock the wig from her head which he grabbed and threw into the car.

"I'm getting sick of this. Do as you're damn told like the fucking rest of us. Spoilt little cow. You've had an extra year compared to the rest of us, we've all been where you are and we all said I do without any fuss" He hissed, unceremoniously throwing her into the back seat and slamming the door behind her before pulling the phone out of his pocket and heading round to the drivers side.

Inside the car, Karsi rolled her eyes and used her fingers to run her hand through her roots, avoiding the side that was bruising already.

((You not buying that meat doesn't mean the animals didn't already die for it unfortunately, if it wasn't you it would've been someone else))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 16:57

(( Should we skip. I don't know if you had any ideas but if at her next wedding Dorian can be there as a 'guest' working for her fiancĆØ to try and push a new drug or something onto people? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 17:00

((Can do it as like an engagement party?))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 17:01

(( That works! Would you like to go first or me? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 17:03

((If you can?))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 17:09

(( Sure ))

Amongst the crowds in the main room of the venue, Dorian was stood. He was dressed an expensive suit that had been leant to him by his employer in order to match the designated attire and his hair had been covered in a coloured powdered like substance in an attempt to hide its colour - resulting it appearing an almost ashy blonde colour. As his eyes scanned the crowds, he fiddled with something in his pocket with one hand - the other scratching anxiously at his cheek.

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 17:16

"So romantic, yeah." Karsi hummed in agreement as her fianceƩ told the story of how he'd proposed for the third or fourth time that night. As he chatted to the group that surrounded him, Karsi picked up a glass of champagne from a waiter that passed her and quickly downed it behind his back to avoid notice before grabbing another. Despite having necked at least a dozen or so at the drinks, she was holding up remarkably well. "Not the best habit to have but I'm nipping outside for a smoke." she excused herself, only taking a few steps before her companion removed his jacket and put it over her shoulders, as very little was covered by the dress she was already wearing. He gently pulled her hair out from underneath it, taking extra care meaning he was aware it wasn't real, before kissing her cheek gently and watching as she stepped outside.

Maddox, the clear introvert of his siblings was in a corner and had been nursing the same drink for the last three hours, occasionally agreeing how wonderful the wedding would be whenever asked by the guests. His other brothers, all but one of the similar looking men, were dotted around the room. The eldest, the same one that had picked Karsi up the other day, had disappeared with their father and several other associates into a back room in the club around twenty minutes ago.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 17:26

After a couple of moments, Dorian had tentatively began to talking to people. It being glaringly obvious to anyone who was aware how dealings normally occurred that he was inexperienced with it all. Only within the first couple of dealings he had ended up getting scammed himself, losing stock without receiving the proper payment, though he had yet to notice. Moving his way to the corner, he stepped to the side and done a 180 turn to speak to someone else, eyes widening when it was Maddox he saw. "Oh, fancy meeting you again."

---
"You must have seen him, I was sure he went this way." Marlowe argued with a man a little ways down the street, throwing her arms up in exasperation. "Come on, I have done everything you wanted me to, you told me you had information, I am desperate here!"

"You need to learn to be less trusting." The man laughed in her face, reaching his hand out to ruffle her hair as if she were a dog. "The information I have is that I have none, I don't know who your looking for. Not seen anyone like it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 17:29

Maddox squinted at him as if trying to place him before realising it was his hair that was off. "Oh you - what are you doing here? I didn't realise you knew my sister other than her little performance. You definitely weren't dressed in something that decent when I spoke to you last."

__
Karsi lit up outside, looking into her bag for something else and sighing deeply when she noticed whatever it was she was looking for was no longer there. She downed the drink she'd brought out with her before setting the empty glass down on the side and looking over when she heard voices.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 17:38

"Oh, no. I'm just working," Dorian insisted. Forgetting he had one of the vials of liquid in his hand, he naturally opened his palms and lifted his hands into the air in the 'surrender' position as he spoke causing it to smash onto the floor. "Ah shit."

---
"Do. Not. Touch. Me." Marlowe sneered at the man in warning, taking a step backwards. "You can not pay me with the information I need then you will have to give me money, it is only fair - I done plenty for you."

"Do just one more thing and I will give you all the money you wish," The man smiled, stepping forward and quickly grabbing her around the waist. Pulling her up against him as his hand reached toward her chest.

"Let me go! Let me go, I'll gut you like a fish!" She screamed.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 17:43

"Who the fuck hired you to deal at Karsi's party? Maddox hissed as he got up and dragged Dorian out of sight to avoid attracting attention. "If anyone sees you you'll have your throat slit before you can defend yourself!"

__
"Hey... I have security in there. Let her go or I'll shout them out." Karsi furrowed her brows as she called out, walking towards them. Unable to see in the dark who it was.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 18:07

"Oh wow, I never knew you cared so much uh.m. I dont think I never got your name, did I?" Dorian laughed as wiped himself down and readjusted his suit. "I like this get up, I think I am doing okay at it. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to tell you the name of my employer, it is very hush hush as you can imagine." he grinned boyishly.

----
"Mind your own business, girl, or I'll move on to you." The man snapped, turning to walk away - pulling Marlowe by her hair. "I hear fisher girls give a good time and I would like to see if it is true."

Marlowe yelped, attempting to pull herself free but his hold on her hair too much.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 30 Dec - 18:13

"Get the fuck out - whoever hired you either doesn't give a shit about the welfare of my family or they don't know them as well as they should. Karsi is barely six months sober and trust me she'll give up that without a second thought, Caliban got out of rehab last week - " Maddox gestured over to his tallest brother who was trying to contain his disgust at drinking fizzy water out of a champagne glass to look less less conspicuous. "And if someone else is dealing on my fathers turf he'll string you up by the balls. Go."

__
"Come on then, I'm bound to be more entertaining than that poor girl." Karsi shrugged the jacket off her shoulder and let it drop to the floor, leaving herself exposed. The jewellery around her neck and on her ears was worth more than a house, and that wasn't counting the timepiece on her wrist. "Fair game here if you think you can take it."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 30 Dec - 18:19

The man stopped walking, glancing over his shoulder and looking Karsi up and down - his eyes lingering for longer than they should of before he simply scoffed and shook his head. "This is far too complicated now," he looked at Marlowe with a disgusted expression before throwing her to the ground and sprinting off.

----
"Again, very flattering that you care about my well being." Dorian grinned, his eyes following his gestures to his brother and letting out a quiet chuckle as he watched. "Ah man your family are messed up. How do you cope?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next