BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 21 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 0:39

"Hi," Dorian greeted with a warm smile as he noticed her eyes blink up, humming softly, "Your father and the doctors gave your grump of fiancè no choice other than to put up with me, as you can imagine he is absolutely thrilled and is avoiding me, which is better for me... how are you feeling?"

----
Marlowe slid out of bed, pulling her clothes on before wandering over to join him. Pushing him gently with her shoulder so she could also glance out of the window, "Stop hogging all the view,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 0:42

Karsi looked over to him briefly, her only acknowledgement before she reached for a stuffed animal at the end of her bed that had been left there, curling it under her covers before staring at the wall again. Squeezing her eyes shut tightly after a few moments, though not quick enough to stop the tears as she began to sob silently.

“Something I never get used to.” Maddox hummed as he watched the sunrise over the skyline. “In truth the main reason I go for the red eye when I can...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 0:46

"Hey, hey, Si..." Dorian frowned, instantly reaching over to smooth her hair down gently. "What is it, are you okay?"

----
"Mm, it is beautiful," Marlowe agreed, "Do you prefer it to sunset?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 0:52

Karsi shrugged him off, burying her face in the covers for a few minutes until her body stilled and she composed herself. Pulling the covers away a few moments later and moving to look at the wall again.

“Definitely.” Maddox nodded, before moving to sit in his seat as they landed.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 0:56

"Karsi..." Dorian whispered, trailing off as he watched her. Taking a step or two away from her when she shrugged him off, asking hesitantly, "Do you... do you know where you are? Who I am?"

----
"Why? What are the real differences between the two, they both create the same kind of colours in the sky." She hummed, moving to sit beside him - though as she was slightly later she stumbled a bit as the plane began its descent.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 1:02

Karsi nodded, swallowing thickly. “What happened? How did I get here? Did I OD at the engagement party? Did I get too drunk and fall? Were we in a crash on the way back? What happened to you?” She rasped out, getting it all out in one go so she wouldn’t have to keep going later.

“I’m not sure... just more drawn to it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 1:10

"You came to my apartmen, I brought you a coffee... then some thugs broke in, pinned me down and knocked me out. I woke up in some warehouse, I- I think. They burned me. Louis found you in the apartment... we both nearly died."

---
"Mm, fascinating."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 1:16

“Why was I in your apartment? When was this? How long have I been here?”

Once they landed, Maddox grabbed his bag and got off, turning his phone back on which instantly rang, putting it on speaker as he packed the car and got in, setting it on the dash. “Cal? What’s the - “

Don’t come home. Karsi woke up and none of us were there so she freaked the fuck out

“She’s awake - is she o-“ Maddox panicked then, running his hands through his hair.

“They don’t know, she woke up and none of us were there because you let your girlfriends brother in or whatever, Louis said she went fucking psycho”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 1:24

"You were out shopping, having some time just for you. I spotted you outside of the coffee shop and asked you if we could talk. You didn't want to go anywhere public, said you'd rather the apartment, so that the paps wouldn't be able to get pictures of you." Dorian explained gently, taking the paces he had backed off back to her. Gently offering his hand out to her, "You uh.. you've been critical for about three months, stable for this one. You woke up once before, do you remember that? Just yesterday, actually..."

----
Marlowe sat herself down in the seat, grimacing as she listened and grabbing her phone from her pocket - turning it on. Breathing catching in her throat as she caught up on the texts Dorian had sent her, "That's why he was ringing before we left, that was when she woke up."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 1:32

“The last thing I remember is the party... months...” Karsi put a hand to her mouth in horror. “I remember bits... you were there and then Louis was there and they were touching me and I didn’t understand why... nobody stopped them.” She trembled then, moving her hand to bite at her nails. “You were leaving and I came outside to see why you were leaving. That’s all I remember. I came outside... and then it’s just black.”

“Fuck.” Maddox hissed, slamming the steering wheel at what Marlowe said before turning his attention back to his brother. “You said don’t come home - why can’t I come home Cal?”

You were supposed to be in there with her, dad said one of us had to be there the whole time... if she woke up when you were there she would’ve been calm, they could’ve assessed her, seen what the damage was... fucked all that. Louis had to authorise sedation because she was gonna fuck her vocal chords with screaming... you’ve fucked it Mads, I’ve been trying to call you all night. Genuinely don’t think I’ve seen dad this angry before. Louis is raging, mums in pure shock that you’d leave... I’m not gonna lie Mads I do think what you did is messed up.”

Maddox swallowed thickly, having gone drip white at his brothers words. “I need to come back - I need to see her. She’s awake...”

“Hes had your name taken off the visitors list, security will have you straight out, your girlfriends as well. He’s let the other one sit in with her purely cause it was something he did that woke her up but as soon as she’s acting normal he’ll be off it as well. Stay where you are for a bit, I’ll update you when I can. Dad told us all not to warn you, he wants you to come back so he can see to you himself but fuck that. Make your excuses, don’t come home until this has all blown over.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 1:41

"They were looking you over," He explained gently, "Doing tests, making sure you were okay, things like that. Do you - want me to call anyone? Maddox, or your parents." He had left Louis from the list on purpose, doing his best to avoid any interaction with him.

----
Marlowe swallowed thickly as she listened, reaching over to take one of Maddox's hands with both of hers. Bringing it close to her chest, the closest thing to a hug she was able to do at the time.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 1:47

“Just please tell me how she’s doing. Keep me updated please... please.”

“I’ll do the best I can.”

Maddox hung up the phone then, just staring out the window in silence.

“Why weren’t they here?” Karsi questioned. “Why aren’t they here now? I’ve met you twice... they don’t care about me that much? They just leave me with someone I’ve met twice... they can’t know what happened because I didn’t tell anyone and Mads wouldn’t tell them so as far as they’re concerned you’re just someone random really...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 1:53

Marlowe let the silence hang in the air for a while, keeling the grip of his hand as she stared down at her lap, wracking through her brain in search of the right then to say before finally settling on a gentle, "I am so sorry, Maddox. Are you... rearrange your exam, okay? If you give me their number then, then I can make the call for you. Extenuating circumstances, this counts as that."

----
"Maddox has his final exam, he is taking it today and then supposed to be flying straight back. Louis is just down the hall, he and I don't particularly want to be near each other an- and they are letting me here to see you because last time I spoke to you is when you woke up, and.. obviously everyone wants you awake."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 2:00

“The wedding... I - four months... my birthday.” Karsi shook her head in disbelief. “Why did they fuck me up that badly? What did I do?”

Maddox shook his head, starting the car and setting off in silence. Completely at a loss for words.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 2:04

"You didn't do anything, they - they were after me, it was my fault. When I left that night I never gave Louis the money so he got thugs to deal with it. You - you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

----
Marlowe gently let his hand go so he was able to drive, opening her mouth to say something else but nothing came out. Leaning back into the seat a little bit as she watched the road ahead of them in silence.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 2:12

"You stupid fucker." Karsi exhaled from her nose, completely stunned. "I have nobody to blame but myself do I? So just so I get this straight - My fiancé decides to deal drugs knowing I have an issue and I sleep with his runner at our engagement party, then apparently go back for more but the runner wasn't smart enough to give my fiancé back the drug money so my fiancé has his men beat the shit out of both of us and I miss the wedding, and my birthday and wake up with none of my family around because I've fucked up that badly this time they can't be arsed." she laughed then, once, then a few seconds later it was uncontrollable hysterics.

"She could've woken up not knowing who he was. They didn't meet that long before she ended up in that state. She could've regressed years. I knew she could regress years. I knew she could wake up and still be fucking fifteen in her head. And I let her wake up in a room with someone that could've been a complete fucking stranger to her? She would've been terrified - Cal said she went psycho... I didn't even think. I didnt think she was going to wake up." Maddox confessed then. "I didn't think about the possibility of any of that happening because I'd given up hope - what does that make me?!"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 2:19

"No, no. Come on, reevaluate. Listen to what you just said, what part of that put you at in the centre of any blame at all?" Dorian asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside her. "Just because they aren't here doesn't mean they can't be arsed, I can get someone to contact them for you. Calm down, please."

----
"Pull over, Mads." Marlowe told him firmly, "Right now, you shouldn't be driving. We need to talk this out and we need to do it when you aren't in control of a vehicle."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 2:26

"If - if we hadn't slept together you wouldn't have felt the need to keep the money from Louis as a fuck you. If you hadn't kept the money and if I hadn't come back to your apartment - not that I remember this but we both know what I was there for - then neither of us would've got the shit beat out of us and we wouldn't be here. This is entirely my fault. I have well and truly outdone myself." Karsi laughed incredulously, wiping the tears from her eyes, her voice getting more and more strained as she went on. "I mean I was the family fuck up before but Jesus..." she coughed then, her hand coming away bloody, her throat torn to pieces.

"I'm not going to crash. Both eyes on the road." Maddox shrugged, borderline offended that she thought he would. "Answer my question - what does that make me? Leaving her there like that basically with a stranger?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 2:37

"You are wrong, you are wrong in so many different ways, you've not understood everything that has happened - I should of explained it all better. I- Oh, you should, yeah you need to stop talking, I'm going to go and get someone, let people know you are awake again." Darion whispered, before heading out of the room. Trying to get the attention of one of the doctors or nurses roaming about with a wave of his hand, "Excuse me?"

----
"It doesn't matter what I have to say, because in the long run you are going to blatantly ignore it and continue to believe whatever it is you are feeling about yourself right now." Marlowe answered bluntly. "My brother isn't a stranger to you, he was only to be there half an hour and they tried to wake her up earlier in the day to no avail so how on earth were you supposed to know? It's been four months, you couldn't of just been on stand by the whole time just in case. Rian managed to get her up, your father need a damn brain transplant for twisting it into something to turn again you for, I'm sure she would of freaked out no matter who was or wasn't in the room with her. You've not done anything wrong, but the only one who can really make you believe that is you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 2:43

Karsi just waved him away as she coughed into her hands, reddening.

"Mm? Do you need help dear?" One of the nurses asked as she walked over, one that had dealt with Dorian a few times on occasion. "Do you need me to take you back to your room dear?"

"She would've been okay if I'd have been there. She wouldn't have been scared. Imagine if you woke up to a stranger and Dorian wasn't there? You had no idea what you were there for? Imagine the fear?" Maddox just shook his head then, driving in complete silence till he pulled up outside an apartment complex and parked up.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 2:48

"No, no - not me." Dorian answered, grimacing before taking a step to the side and motioning into Karsi's room. "You need to help her."

----
"Exactly, it doesn't matter what I think." Marlowe muttered quietly, also partaking in the silence for the rest of the journey. Getting out as soon as the car stopped and making her way around to his side, opening his door for him.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 2:53

"Miss Levi? Is she okay? Has she woken again?"

"Thanks." Maddox said politely, moving to get their bags from the boot before locking the car and walking up to the complex gates. Swiping his keys against a keypad that was set up there and waiting for the gates to open before walking into the building.

"Ah, Mr Levi - do you need help carrying your things up?" The concierge asked when he spotted Maddox walking in, simply nodding when Maddox declined quietly, watching as he pressed the button for the lift.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 2:57

"Yes, yes and she is coughing blood. Quick, you have to be quick, you are wasting time!"

----
Marlowe followed him in silence, waiting just behind him so he wouldn't be able to see how closely she was observing him. Bracing herself for some kind of emotional break, or a lashing out of some sort - his demeanour too calm and voice too quiet for her liking.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 3 Jan - 3:04

Maddox got into the lift and set for the top floor - penthouse - once Marlowe was in too. When the lift stopped, he had to swipe his keys again before the lift opened, straight into the hallway inside the apartment. It was a huge open plan setting with the kitchen, dining and sitting areas, the windows facing straight over the city. There was minimal furniture, all of it light coloured, the blinds let up so the light could get in. A bar close to the kitchen that would've been well stocked had anyone gone looking. To the left of the apartment there was a door that was opened up into the bathroom, to the right there was another corridor with three doors down it, leading to the bedrooms. There were a few pictures on side tables, mostly of Maddox with either Karsi or Caliban ranging from children to recently, though there were one or two full family pictures included as well. Maddox headed down the hallway and threw his own bag in what was his bedroom, then opened the furthest door and stepped in, setting her bag down a lot more gently and gesturing for her to follow

"Alert Mr Levi - " The nurse told one of her colleagues quickly, rolling her eyes when asked which one and simply replying "Any... all of them. And the fiancé too, he's in the family room." shooing the younger girl off before heading quickly in to see Karsi, fussing over her instantly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 3 Jan - 3:11

Marlowe glanced around the room with wide-eyes, running her fingertips along the furniture to feel the expensive fabric as she walked passed it. Pausing when she would spot a new photo, but keeping her opinions to herself and not keeping her gaze on them for too long. Hesitantly following him into the room silently.

----
As soon as someone had informed him, Louis walked down the hall at a quick pace, biting his lower lip nervously as he fretted about having to give the all clear to once again sedate her. Not acknowledging Dorian as he shoved passed him and stepped into Karsi's room. "What is going on, is she okay?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next