BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 3 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 18:44

"Deal and wxcuse you, my poker face is on point and you know it. The only person better than me is you." He grimaced then, adding quickly, "And no letting that go to your head, I would like to hear the end of it in this lifetime."

"Practice makes perfect," Marlowe assured, "And one day you may be lost in the middle of the ocean, stranded on a boat - then you will be grateful I've taught you how to fish."

Dorian gave a subtle nod as he listened. "Have you tried online?"

(( Perfect plan! ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 18:47

"No... too many psychopaths online."

"I learned from the best" Karsi grinned. "And then kicked his ass at his own game."

"Doubtful that situation will ever happen but... I get your point."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 18:58

"As long as you are smart about it all, I don't see any kind of issue with it. I imagine you would have to keep it from your father, but, you have me to ensure none of the crazies come anywhere near you."

"That you did, that you did."

"Or, I could go by myself... you can have a day to dedicate to you. Put yourself first for a couple of hours." Marlowe hummed. "We had the morning together, if you want some spaces then that is fine."

(( What thing could happen at the party - assassination attempt?

Also, can you post first? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 19:13

((I was thinking one of them gets killed, sends the family on high alert but it was actually down to something else (I'll work that out when I roll to see who dies lol) rather than the family itself being a target and a few others get injured on my behalf, no idea what you want to happen to yours))

Around four months later...

"Did I fix my hair properly, the wig feels off?" Karsi murmured to Louis as they left a side room , having snuck away around half an hour ago. Her hair was fine but she had lipstick still smudged at the side of her face, a strap from her short black dress still twisted on her shoulder. The party was being held at Aiden's house, a fundraiser to do with his position at work. Though the place had Levi presence with the security, they'd obviously had to scale it back to allow Aiden's official security that was paid for by his job to step in. Thomas not wanting to look too over the top to avoid attention on their families need for security. There were a generous number of people in the main hall where he was hosting the event, and the night seemed to be going well.

Altair had insisted that not only his daughter be there, but had argued with his father to allow Astrid to have Dorian there (as well as his own security of course) and Thomas had relented, though insisted the security dress to blend in rather than look what they were. Astrid had medicated herself prior to coming and was knocking back her drinks to cope with the noise, though so far she was doing well. Altair had come over once to ask her to slow down the drinking, and on the way from leaving the conversation had asked Dorian to monitor it.

"Aren't you lucky my brother has over a dozen bottles of your favourite booze?" Maddox grinned as he passed Marlowe a drink over, having just returned from the bar with his own, kissing her cheek gently.

The family managed to mingle seamlessly with partygoers, though were quite outnumbered for once.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 19:24

(( Yeah okay. I'll just go with the flow and work something out as a go ))

"Very lucky," Marlowe had hummed in confirmation as she took the glass from him and had a sip from it. "Though, it wouldn't be a very good party without a variety of alcohol, no?" she chuckled. Having been enjoying the party so far, the opportunity to talk to people she didn't know as well as the general relaxed atmosphere clearly making her happy. Her eyes scanning the crowd in search of Karsi when a fast paced song came on, humming to Maddox. "She better not be too long, she promised she would have a dance with me at some point tonight. Actually do something girly together for once instead of it always being so serious."

"You ever need a few moments of slightly less chaos then we can always step into the back garden," Dorian reminded her, sipping at his drink. Having chosen to go for non-alcoholic alternatives so that he could stay on full alert throughout the night, and the fake version looking close enough to the real one so that to the other party-goers he didn't look too out of place. "It'll still be loud, the volume and amount of people here but it might be a little less overwhelming."

"The wig is perfect, don't fret." Louis assured, grabbing a tissue from a small packet he kept in his back pocket as he rested his fingertips beneath her chin, making her tilt her head so that he could wipe the smudge away. "There, now you look immaculate again."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 19:32

"I don't think she knows the definition of fun anymore. Since she stepped up for dad I don't think he's let her have a single break, I think he's giving her a hard time on purpose since she nearly dropped the ball and Cal had to save her. It'll be nice for her to have some fun with you tonight." Maddox nodded, resting his hand on the small of her back. "I saw you making friends earlier, I told you that some interesting people would be here." he chuckled.

"I'm fine for now, but thank you, I appreciate it." Astrid gave him a warm smile. "You don't seem drunk at all... have our drinking sessions toughed up your tolerance?" she teased gently as she drank her own drink.

"What would I do without you mm?" Karsi grinned, leaning in to kiss him though stopping and squeezing her eyes shut at a blinding flash - hired photographers doing the rounds. "I always forget they're here. And they always seem to seek us out." she gritted out through her teeth, forcing a smile on her face as the photographer took a few more.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 19:41

"Give them a couple of the shots that they want and they will leave us be," Louis chuckled, adding quietly as he slipped an arm around her waist and angled himself properly for a photo, "You know all they are really are scavengers."

"I'm staying off it today," Dorian answered with a quiet laugh. "It isn't just you I have to be keeping my eye on." He explained, nodding over to Marlowe. "My sister does not know the meaning of stranger danger, and if your uncle were to get into a conversation with someone and she chose the wrong person to talk to then god only knows what will happen."

"Mm, that is what I like about things like this; it is a good chance to escape from all the stress of day to day life." Marlowe laughed quietly then, leaning back slightly into his hand, "I liked their make-up, it would just be rude of me not to tell them. It looks like they spent hours on it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 19:47

"They better choose a decent one for the front cover." Karsi chuckled, nodding as the photographer thanked them before walking away. "How did that conversation with the governor go earlier? I didn't ask before we slipped away. Everything going according to your plan?"

"So I'm getting drunk on my own?" Astrid pouted then, offering up her own drink. "We can't do the usual truth or dare when we get back later if I'm drunk and you're sober, it wont be fair. Your sister has my uncle and he's not let anything happen to her so far. Come onnnnn." she pleaded.

"Did you enjoy putting your knowledge of knives and forks to the test at the dinner earlier?" Maddox grinned, kissing the side of her head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 19:55

Marlowe turned her head to catch his lips with hers before answering cheerfully. "I did, not too be too confident but I think I aced that test. Did you enjoy knowing so much detail about every fish dish that was offered, you remembered a decent amount too; I am proud of you."

"That isn't a bad thing, the last dare you gave me was humiliating." Dorian grimaced, "It was close to torture, especially with you stood and giggling like a maniac."

"Unimportant to discuss at this point of time," Louis assured, kissing her cheek and making his way back into the crowd rather than in their quiet hallway. Assuming that she wouldn't be too far behind.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:01

"I'll get the details from you later." Karsi nodded, taking his hand and letting him lead, smiling politely and saying her hellos as she was greeted when they walked past, though not stopping as more photographs were taken.

"You chose to jump into the lake naked, I didn't force skinny dipping on you. And I didn't look until you were in like I promised!" Astrid grinned at that. "Or when you were getting out... so your dignity is intact mostly, Mr Serious!"

"You fit in well here." Maddox nodded in agreement, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. "And I think with how well the business is going between our families... I think we're so close to getting this permanently."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:07

"This? You mean us?" Marlowe questioned, raising an eyebrow as she instinctively slid her arms around his neck so she could get even closer. "Is there anything that has made you think that, aside from the positive business dealings?"

"I was hardly going to go in my clothes now, was I? That would just be a waste of money, fabric and some poor workers hours of hard work. It must exhausting for them to press the buttons on those massive sewing machines or however the fashion industry works." Dorian snorted softly, taking a sip of his drink as he added in jest, "You and I both know that you wanted to look."

"Later," Louis agreed, getting them both a drink as he pushed his way to the front of the bar. Turning around and passing her a glass. "A drink, and then a dance?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:16

"My father's not mentioned a single thing about anyone else. And the original deal was if it went well after six months then he'd move forward with it... We're so close." Maddox pressed his forehead to hers. "You attend meetings and parties and he's not said a single word against it. And you've been... amicable with your grandfather for all of this. I can't see who else he'd try and pair me off with now, not when we've been so public and he's allowed it."

"You and I both know that if it were me doing what you did that you'd also want to look." Astrid shot back at him. "Curiosity is ... human nature is all." she added with a shrug. "You can't deny that either." she downed the rest of her drink then, grabbing champagne from a server who walked past, getting antsy at the noise.

Karsi nodded, only managing a sip of her glass before it was taken from her by Thomas who had wandered over, passing the glass back to Louis. "No more tonight Karsi, you have an early flight in the morning. I need you, Cal and Dane to head off to France for a meeting. The boys have been warned to drink no more just as you have. I don't want anyone hungover... I'm retiring for the night. I expect a call when you land and a call when you've done the deal."

"I don't have a flight in the diary or a meeting overseas I - "

"Too much for you?" Thomas raised his eyebrows when Karsi shook her head. "Then I expect good results." he kissed his daughters cheek and patted Louis' arm affectionately before meeting his wife at the door and leaving.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:24

"Well, I am not going to be drinking it. One extra glass isn't exactly going to hurt you too much." Louis hummed with a frown passing it back to Karsi. "After that one you can stop, we can't waste good alcohol."

"Right..." Dorian answered, shifting his weight a little uncomfortable. Letting out a quietly frustrated noise when she grabbed the champagne, walking over and resting an arm around her shoulder in an attempt to guide her out into the garden. "Come on, let's try and get you where it is just that little bit quieter."

"I have appeared amicable, I still hate the man with every fibre of my being. I can hold a grudge for a long time, and by a long time in this case I mean forever." Marlowe answered with an eye roll. "I can play the game and play the game well if the prize is getting to be with you on a more permanent basis. Won't it be nice when we can plan things years in advance rather than just days?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:28

"I'm not fucking stopping." Karsi muttered, necking the drink Louis had given her and grabbing another one. "Father clearly isn't aware of the amount I can drink whilst retaining a decent image the next day... I'm holding you to that dance by the way. I've not had a dance with you in forever."

"You play the game well." Maddox complimented before pulling away and taking a sip of his drink. "We just need to keep playing a little while longer and we'll have that future secured."

Astrid followed his lead then, close to being overwhelmed as leaned into him and allowed him to guide her outside.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:37

"You've done really well so far tonight," Dorian hummed, letting her go as they approached a bench. "If you wait here, I'm going to head back inside to tell your father that I am going to take you home. Explain that it is getting too much for you, you just... stay here. Yeah?"

"Retaining a decent image and feeling confident in yourself is different, and you know what hangovers do for your migraines." Louis frowned, taking the other drink off of her. "You weren't expecting to be jetting off, so your pissed but it doesn't seem like you have a choice so let's not go and resort to self-sabotage. Things are going well, let's not fuck it up without a good reason."

"We do, and we will." Marlowe hummed, scanning the crowd once again and grinning when she spotted Karsi. "I am going to kidnap your sister, once I have kidnapped her, you are next so don't you go and disappear on me." Finishing off her drink, she placed the empty glass on the side and headed into the crowd toward Louis and Karsi.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:45

"I don't want to go home... I'll be fine. Just stay out here with me for a bit yeah? Just a bit quieter out here... then I'll be fine."

"I know how to handle myself, Louis." Karsi frowned deeply, tightening her fingers on the glass as she didn't want to let go, sighing in frustration when it was taken from her fingers anyway. "And I have the migraines under control - I take my medication on time and I'm okay like ninety percent of the time. I just wanted to get drunk for once."

Maddox watched her go, looking round the room to double check someone in the security had an eye on her before going to join his brothers.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:50

"It would just be nice for once to do this one thing for your father and brothers so that we can all avoid drama wouldn't it?" Louis asked, exhaling in annoyance when he spotted Marlowe coming through the crowd towards them.

"Karsi," Marlowe hummed cheerily in greeting, reaching her hands out to grab her lower arm gently. Telling Louis, "I hate to interuppt whatever this is but you get far more time with her then I do and we need to go and have some fun, right Kar?"

Dorian frowned, glancing over his shoulder at the crowds inside before giving a hesitant nod of agreement. Taking off his jacket and wrapping it around her arms so she wouldn't catch the chill in the breeze as he sat himself down beside her.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:55

Karsi narrowed her eyes at his sigh, interpreting it to be aimed at her. "For once? What like I'm some out of control idiot who always causes - " she stopped when her arm was grabbed, turning to Marlowe. "Actually the boardroom has had more time with me than anyone the last few months." she mumbled under her breath.

"Thank you." Astrid smiled, turning to look at him. "And thank you for getting me out of there - I needed it but wouldn't have admitted it. Yeah... thank you." she whispered as she caught his gaze.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 21:04

Louis opened his mouth to argue his response, giving up when Karsi didn't just bar Marlowe away. All but slamming his empty glass down, getting himself another drink and walking away from them both. Heading into the crowd to mingle.

Marlowe flinched slightly at Louis attitude, only taking a moment to shrug it off and answer Karsi happily. "Exactly, all work and no play. You said at the last party that we would dance, so come on. Let's go and have some fun."

"Anytime," Dorian answered softly. "I know your tells by now when you are getting overwhelmed. You move more spontaneously, your eyes dart from one noise source to another, the two movements together make your hair fall down in that really iritating way that you hate when you catch sight of it in the mirror." As he spoke he lifted his hand up, taking the strand of hair he had just mentioned and putting it back into place for her.

---
(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 21:09

“Trouble in Paradise?” Caliban caught his sisters boyfriend as he walked past him. “Fathers just told me about the meeting tomorrow too. I’m assuming that’s what’s started this?”

“I know sorry - I just... never mind.” Karsi whispered, motioning for her to lead the way.

Astrid flushed at that, staring at him for a few seconds before leaning in as if to kiss him. Though stopping and turning her head as she heard glass breaking from one of the windows on the uppermost floor. A few moments later there was laughter as more glass broke, so Astrid turned back, thinking nothing else of it as she looked at the floor, even redder than she was initially.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 8 Jan - 2:49

"Of course it is. He has asked her not to drink more but she already had one, I encouraged that one and now she wants to drink the place down. I want one outing without the dramatics for once, she knows that she is self-sabotaging but now she is at my throat for not encouraging it." Louis answered with a roll of his eyes.

Marlowe just raised an eyebrow at her, though soon shook her head and decided not to ask. Heading to the centre of the room where everyone was dancing, the music being played a mixture of fast-paced with a couple of classic club mixed in.

Dorian also flinched back at the sound of the glass smashing, eyes scanning the area to try and see where it had came from. Too focused on that rather then what had just happened, so not noticing her blush.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 8 Jan - 3:27

“I’ll look after her tomorrow, I can take the brunt of it.” Cal sighed softly. “How are you both coping with her increased workload? How are you? You seem on edge.”

“Relax, this shit happens. People break windows when they have too much to drink and forget where they are.” Astrid whispered quietly, not looking up again until she was sure her face had settled.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 8 Jan - 3:44

(( Teaching this morning so will be flitting in and out, my mentor is already on one today ahaha ))

"I'm fine, I am bored of talking about work. I wanted the night to be enjoyable, not for Karsi to be at my throat. I am debating just leaving, calling it a night and going home. The dramatics is beginning and I am not in the right mind set to deal with it as I normally would."

"I know, but caution doesn't hurt, mm? That's why I am here, after all."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 8 Jan - 3:51

“Why? What’s going on?” Cal frowned. “You usually brush it off - what’s wrong with your mindset?”

“Something else will be broken before the night is done, the staff will sort it. It happens.” Astrid assured. “Few broken windows never stopped a party.”

((Oh no... one day till the weekend I suppose haha))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 8 Jan - 3:58

"I haven't been sleeping, there has been a lot on." Louis answered, "Plus I've barely seen her, so being able to spend time with her without dramatics was something I was looking forward to. How ridiculous of me."

"I know, I know." Dorian sighed, relaxing back into the bench and glancing to the side at her. "How are you feeling now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next