BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 2 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:40

"We're hiring a nanny." Maddox grabbed a drink then. "How do you expect to be able to get a full nights sleep, fully function, maintain the house and jobs whilst keeping our sanity and our relationship intact without having one?"

"We're in an SUV, people don't like crashing into those because; one - you're more likely to die than if you hit a normal car and two - people with armoured SUV's usually have a shit tonne of money, which would be a correct assumption right now, and therefore if you all survived you'd be decimated in court over it. Nobody's crashing into us... Levi crashes are orchestrated, usually kidnapping attempts. Nobody just crashes into us because they can't drive."

"I remember you wanting to be Mr Bond when we were growing up - I mean you're no spy but you get the suits, the guns and the travel down so... I guess you win at life?" Karsi chuckled as she snuggled into him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:45

"We are not getting a nanny." Marlowe answered with an amusing chuckle as she shook her head. "There will not be any kind of compromise on that. Don't even try and negotiate, it'll be a waste of your energy."

"I would rather be safe than sorry," Dorian answered with a shrug. "Forgive me for caring about your life."

"Mm, living the dream." Louis hummed, somewhere between sarcasm and a genuine comment as he slipped his arms around her and rested his head against hers.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:51

"You can see to everything through the hours of midnight and six am then... and if the kids are sick you're the one staying home with them which means you'll miss holidays and events..." Maddox shrugged. "We'll see who has more energy."

"For caring about your paycheque." Astrid corrected him. "Don't try pretending like this is born from genuine concern over my life. If I die you get sacked and therefore have no money."

"I'm going to miss you when you go away on that business trip in a few weeks... all these months spent together. Be weird without you."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 20:55

"Okay," Marlowe answered with a relaxed shrug, offering him a subtle smile. "It wouldn't be a competition over who has more energy. That's silly."

"Does the reason matter?" Dorian hummed. "You need to not take things so personally, it isn't a bad thing having someone dedicated to keeping you alive. Your lucky."

"We can have video chats when we both have spare time, but you'll be far too busy with being your fathers right hand by then to even notice."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 20:59

“You do realise that nothing is going to happen to me right? Like on the scale of this company I am least likely to have a hit put on me.”

“I’ll be like a puppy with separation anxiety and you know it.”

“Kids are nice but hard work - far too many relationships break down over them.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 21:05

"Mm, you liked the idea of having three children months ago. Only yesterday you said one day in the future. You can't go back on that now." Marlowe answered, leaning over to kiss his cheek. "When it happens, it'll be just fine. You'll see, you'll take to it like a duck to water."

Louis laughed quietly, "You don't know that for sure. You could always keep yourself busy, spend some girl time with Maddox's girl. You haven't been able to do that in awhile."

"Don't underestimate your worth." He hummed as the house came into sight, parking up and getting out of the car. Wandering to the back to get the stuff out.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 21:12

“This isn’t a personal thing. I mean logistically - I. Shit.” Astrid grimaced as she got out, noticing her fathers car parked in another spot.

“I don’t think she’ll - oh my god.” Karsi turned to look at him then. “She was upstairs out of the way when we turned up yesterday. Maddox said she wasn’t well - he’s got her knocked up hasn’t he? Left it behind in my room so it didn’t look like it was them.”

“I said that thinking those children would have a very nice nanny to accompany them. Like I did, they end up like family you know - it’s not like my parents never spoke to us again. I think you should reconsider.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 21:18

"Absolutely not," Marlowe hummed with a shake of her head. "This isn't even a debate, it is how it is going to go. You can interact with them the same way you would if they did have a nanny, it won't effect you." She collected all of the plates together once they had finished, humming. "I'm going to get these inside, wash up. You coming? Cal might be up and about by now."

Louis frowned at that, "I - he wouldn't be that stupid, would he? You definetly need to have a catch up with her then. Work out what is going on there."

"Time to face the music," Dorian mused, walking up to the house and using his food to keep the door held open for her. "After you."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 21:22

Maddox nodded, getting up and helping her.

“Maybe he doesn’t realise he’s being stupid and thinks if she’s pregnant they can get married and live happily ever after.” Karsi shrugged.

Astrid sighed deeply, heading up to her apartment and unlocking the door before walking in. Within seconds of her opening the door, Altair had pulled his daughter into him, hand on her face as he checked her over for any marks. The left hand side of his own face was stitched in several places, his eye swollen shut from the attack the previous night.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 21:27

"Jesus, what happened to you?" Dorian questioned with a frown when he spotted Altair though didn't wait for an answer, making his way past them so he could put all the camping stuff away where he had found it.

"You think he could be that dumb? We all know what would actually happen if she were pregnant."

"I love you," Marlowe whispered, kissing him briefly before heading back. Putting the plates into the sink and washing up as soon as she was inside.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 21:41

"Where the hell have you been?!" Altair hissed, though avoided raising his voice, clearly aware of his daughter's aversion - turning to Dorian. "I have had people out all night searching for the both of you - how many times do you need to be told?!" he then turned to Astrid. "You cannot just disappear without any warning Asa! I thought you'd been kidnapped, or dead! No note, no text, not even a word passed on!"

"The noise got too much dad. It was loud so I just grabbed some stuff and headed out in the middle of the night. Dorian heard and couldn't persuade me otherwise so he followed. We just camped, I needed a break dad." Astrid whispered, sighing in relief when he just pulled her into a hug.

"I don't care how last minute things are. I need to know you are safe at all times."

"Did someone attack you last night - there was the family meeting, is everyone else okay?"

"Your Aunt Karsi lost her temper when I told her a few home truths and decided to glass me. I'm sure her jaw isn't in the best shape this morning either. Don't worry, I'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

"Maddox hasn't been around much since he went off to school... you can tell he's got idea's in his head that make him think he's above the rest of the family rules."

Caliban was sat on the sofa, paperwork covering the coffee table and the other seats in the area as he worked through.

"Where were you last night?" Maddox frowned deeply, picking up some sheets and reading them. "Divorce? Cal, remember what happened - "

"I was up last night with an attorney. Dad said I could divorce Darya because I saved his ass with the client last night." Caliban looked up with a grin, dark circles indicating he hadn't slept at all. "She wants half of everything that's in my name which dad says to just give her since most of my property is under Karsi's name right now - which I'll also need to change before she marries Louis but that's something for another day - but I refuse to give in to the bitch."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 21:48

"He is letting you get a divorce?" Marlowe hummed as she cleaned, briefly glancing over her shoulder to look at Caliban. "That's amazing news, Cal, you must be overjoyed! You came alive yesterday too, the board room is really your stomping ground, hm?"

"You mean he is starting to rebel, like you were?" Louis hummed with a quiet chuckle. "It has only taken your entire life so far for some of that fire to rub off. I am surprised you aren't proud of him."

"I never thought about texting to let you know, as you just heard it was all a little bit spur in the moment. I figured your daughters mental health is just as important as her physical health. I wanted to keep her healthy in that way aswell. It is noted for the future though." Dorian answered gently, smirking slightly when he heard about Karsi though he made sure his face was neutral again by the time he approached the two of them again.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 21:59

"What he's doing will hurt the poor girl involved though. There's a difference between doing lines at a party and flashing paparazzi and knocking a girl up only to have the baby taken from them later on." Karsi pointed out. "Besides, you adored me at my peak. I was the fun friend that you and all your boring business degree associates looked to for a fun time, and I always delivered did I not?"

"Technically I'm pushing for an anulment - me and Darya have never been a couple. We've not got any kids - never slept together for that matter. But because it's been nearly eight years I'll struggle for that so divorce is probably what I'll have to settle for. But I don't see why she should get half for sitting on her arse for eight years." Cal shrugged, "As for the boardroom - I'm good at what I do. I don't enjoy it and quite frankly I think what your grandfather has developed is horrific but... I also enjoy money so."

"She's just as unhappy as you are Cal, she's been stuck in a marriage with someone who she doesn't want just as much as you have - let her have half and wash your hands." Maddox suggested quietly, turning away when his brother simply glared in return.

"If you both go AWOL again you're coming back home and you - " Altair pointed at Dorian. "Will be terminated."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 22:06

"It is too early for conflict, this is supposed to be a nice thing so why is there an edge of the argument going on? Besides, I was complimenting you, Cal. I hate my grandfather, he is dead to me so don't take it out on me that he has made some kind of whacky super machine. It's hardly my fault is it?" Marlowe mumbled, putting the dishes away. "I agree with Mads, just get it over and done with - get both of you your freedom. Nice and easy, doesn't have to be complicated."

"You did, and I wasn't criticising." Louis answered with a chuckle. "If you are concerned for the girl then, like I said, your going to have to go and have a conversation with her about all of this. At least warn her what is going to happen if she is pregnant."

"Noted." Dorian answered, wrinkling his nose when he was pointed at. Clearly uncomfortable with the motion.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 22:14

"She's not having anyt-"

"She was a seventeen year old girl who was thrown into a dress and put at an altar when her groom to be turned up covered in blood. Then she's been ignored by said groom for seven years, whilst painting a pretty smile on her face, attending to the household, signing birthday cards and buying presents for the family on your behalf, being embarrassed at parties when you ignored her -  and yet she still managed to work out a way to love you in her own way when you could never love her back even when her family were murdered and she was left all alone a year later." Maddox snapped then, grabbing his brothers arm and making him look at him. "I know why you never loved her back, I know why you act like she doesn't exist. Okay? I get why you don't even want to acknowledge it as a marriage. But you were both stuck in this as much as the other - her family are dead so she has nothing to fall back on. Let her have what she's asking for, thank her for the last eight years and move on brother. It's time." he added, tone softer this time.

Cal was silent for a few minutes, tensing at the conversation subject before swallowing thickly and nodding. "I - you're right. You're right." he muttered, gathering the papers back up.

"I would hope Maddox has already had it with her. Stupid boy."

"Dad I - "

"I just came to make sure you were safe. I know you want your freedom Asa, but you have a big red target on your back mm? I have a meeting now but I'll call you later. Make sure you answer." Altair kissed his daughters forehead before heading out.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 22:20

"You claim to be friends with her though, so.. it is the kind of things that friends do." Louis hummed. "Your choice, I barely know her. I'm just making a point."

"Feel better soon Altair," Dorian called after him as he went, before moving his gaze onto Astrid and musing, "So, I am still alive so that went well. I would call it a win, that is for sure."

Marlowe smiled gently as Maddox managed to coax Caliban into making the right choice. Lifting herself up onto the kitchen counter and humming to them both, "Is work looking busy for everyone today?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 22:32

"Your grandfather is with Dane in the labs today and will be for the next few days- where the device's will be made over here and tested on subjects. He wanted to see them personally, make sure security and all that was up to his standard before he sent over any information. Aiden has a fundraiser later. Louis cleared his schedule - I assume to look after Karsi since she had a meltdown last night. Caius - "

"I wouldn't call Louis taking her out because she was feeling unwell a meltdown - "

"She smacked Altair in the head with a glass because he gave her a few home truths. Nearly fucking blinded him. He's gonna have a scar worse than Dane's and he's lucky he's got the eye still... they had to sedate him to pick all the glass out." Cal grimaced, though added with a chuckle; "Fucker deserved it though. Once I realised it wasn't fatal I had a good laugh on the way to the hospital, he wasn't impressed."

"Suspiciously well..." Astrid frowned, though shrugged it off a moment later. "He didn't hit you so... yeah a win."

"Hmm, I'll find a chance to catch up with her at some point." Karsi shrugged, running her finger down his cheek. "When was the last time you spent any time with your friends? And I don't mean the boys, I know you get on well with my brothers but you're one of the few people in this family to have actual friends - I wont lie and say I remember their names and yes I will be blaming that on my injury." she chuckled. "But if you want to organise a boys night I'm more than happy."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 22:42

Louis furrowed his eyebrows doubtfully, leaning into her touch. "Are you - sure? Our schedules are going to be pretty tight as it is, I thought any free time I had you would want me to spend with you."

"If Altair wasn't so aggresive and didn't bully people then he wouldn't have the risk of being glassed in the face by his own sister. I am sure Karsi was perfectly in her right to do it, and good on her - she is scared of him. Dorian told me that she compared the fear she feels for Altair like the one he feels for Louis- which is pretty extreme." Marlowe answered in defence of her friend. "Altair probably deserved it and Karsi left the meeting because she was ill, the girl has brain damage for god sake give her a break."

"You think something is going on with him?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 22:52

"Father said something along the same lines." Cal nodded. "Altair was screaming for Karsi to be punished and dad just pointed out that if he punished Karsi for glassing him then we'd all end up punished in some way because we've all done something to each other at some point. And Altair is the nastiest about it. Basically told him that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that."

"I may not remember their names but I remember how they're also like family to you, you've always been a boys boy. You've always loved your friends deeply and they've been there for you through a lot. You could tell me you were off for a two week trip doing whatever it is you do and I'd be happy with that - as long as you or at least your security checked in with me every day so I knew you weren't dead from alcohol poisoning." Karsi chuckled, kissing the tip of his nose. "And I will always be here waiting for you when you get home. You've spent the last six months glued to my side, you deserve some time off."

"My dad's not usually so reserved with his temper..." Astrid mused. "Maybe grandfather has warned him to calm down."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 22:57

"I'm glad your father and I feel the same way," Marlowe hummed, before looking to Maddox with quiet laugh. "Does that scare you?"

"Thank you, I'll get in touch with them a little later on and organise something. I - I do think I need it." He confessed, leaning in to kiss her on the lips in return.

"Mm," Dorian hummed thoughtfully, wandering into the kitchen. "Do you still need some painkillers?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 23:04

Karsi kissed him back gently. "As much as I adore your presence we have never been one of those couples glued at the hip. Spend as much time with your friends as you need to. If you want to stay somewhere I'll just go round to my parents so I'm not alone, whilst I'm still recovering at least. Afterwards it wont even be an issue. As long as I know you're safe whatever it is you're doing."

"A little." Maddox grimaced at that. "But on this topic I believe we all agree."

"Painkillers would be ideal yes. There's a hot waterbottle around here somewhere too for your neck."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 23:09

Louis nodded, "That sounds like a good plan." he chuckled.

Marlowe nodded subtly.

"It isn't bad enough for that kind of fuss, thank you though." Dorian answered, taking a few pain killers himself before grabbing her some. Wandering back and offering them to her on an open palm.

(( Do we have much of a plan moving forward or should we skip to the real pregnancy for Marley and Mads soon? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 23:17

((I was gonna ask if you had any drama ideas?))

"I will divorce your arse if you lose a house I love in a poker match though. I know what you and your boys can get like with betting stupid shit, I was there the day you lost your holiday home in Greece." Karsi teased. "No betting property I actually like please."

"Seems like I'm free for the rest of the day though." Maddox hummed as he checked his schedule on his phone. "Nothing for me to do, so what are we doing with the day?"

"Thank you." Astrid took them and downed them dry, her lack of reaction showing it was something she did regularly. Quietly Astrid moved to sit down on the couch.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 23:28

(( Umm, I don't know if it makes much sense but if Marlowe's grandfather could insist that either Dorian or Marlowe can be one of the testers for the product to ensure it's safety for the Levi's. Like a kidnap in the middle of the night kind of deal. It may be a bit complicated though.

Simpler ideas that can apply to any of them:-

Fire
Crash
Kidnapping (Maybe two of them and they think the other one is dead?)
Robbery

Sorry, they are all pretty bad ideas ahaha ))

"But betting property is so much fun, especially ones you like - there isn't much adrenaline involved if it isn't high stakes." Louis chuckled.

"Fishing?" Marlowe asked with a bright smile. "We can see if you can catch anything better than boots and weeds this time."

"So, this date you managed to get." Dorian hummed as he sat beside her. "You found it online?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 23:39

"Hmm... We keep property separate then when we put our assets together, that way I don't lose anything cause your poker face is terrible." Karsi grinned, running her hand through his hair.

"I - " Maddox hesitated before nodding. "If you want to, you know I'm no good at it though."

"No. I met him a few months ago when I toured this place. We've been talking for a while, we finally had the chance to meet up yesterday... he clocked you outside. The car I came in. The name on my ID when we got drinks. I never used my surname, just my first and second so I think when he saw Levi it all clicked into place and he freaked. Said he didn't want to risk it."

((We can throw them all together in a few months at a party, have something happen there where a few get wounded and I'll like roll a dice for one of the Levi brothers to get killed off??))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next