BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 3 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 14:54

“Astrid.” Altair greeted quietly as he came out of the sitting room, he too was in the same clothes he’d worn last night, having not had any sleep. “Reid... thank you for getting her home safely.” He added sincerely, patting his shoulder. “You still don’t look well Astrid. We’ll get you into the doctors mm? You shouldn’t be getting ill.... we’ll get it sorted soon.” He added absently, obviously fighting over a million things to do in his head.

Astrid just turned to Reid, having to stop herself just coming out with the truth. Knowing it wasn’t the right time but also not feeling right keeping it a secret, something they’d debated on the way over.

Bella had jolted more awake at the door opening, returning the smile to Reid she moved to sit up properly, catching Dane with her arm when he almost slipped off in sleep. The motion having woke them, the pair spoke quietly before Dane got up and headed down the stairs towards the kitchen, Bella heading up and locating her sons room.

“Thank you…” Rhys whispered as he ran his hands through his own hair, hand wiping at his face. “I’m sorry I - “ he cut off when his mother walked in and moved to sit on the bed beside Ronan.

“You two okay?”

“I’d usually say no but... one would be appreciated now, thank you.” Caliban nodded quietly.

“It’s okay...” Maddox soothed, moving under the covers with her.

Theo curled into her with a whimper, still disorientated.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 15:10

"Where were you all night? I was meant to come out looking for you, must of dozed off - if I hadn't of fallen asleep I would of been worried sick though." Dorian whispered as he went ahead with making the drink. Putting syrups into his but leaving Caliban's black, offering his cup over to him when it was ready. "Are you as okay as you can be?"

"We're getting there," Ronan answered gently, glancing over at Rhys and humming to confirm, "Right? It's just going to take a little while, it is a lot to digest all at once."

Reid glanced around, studying Alex head to toe before doing the same with Altair. Hesitantly taking a step forward so he was shoulder to shoulder with Astrid. "Actually..." He began, "..we uh, we managed to work out what was going on with that. She will need to doctor for it, but.. not as urgently as you think. Nothing to worry about though."

"You're safe," She promised gently, carrying him out of the room and to the main area. Walking to the full length windows that showed a panoramic view of the city, "Look at how pretty that sunrise is today, Teddy. See all the colours?"

Sienna blinked her eyes open, curling into him and whispering, "Please say it was a nightmare."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 15:17

“M’sorry I got mad when I found out about you getting married... I didn’t mean what I said.” Rhys mumbled tiredly.

“No need to be sorry baby.” Bella shook her head as she wrapped an arm around her son. “I should’ve taken the ring off for a while, it wasn’t the right time for you to find out... things just got ahead of us all.”

“I’m happy for you, for you both. Been a long time coming...”

“Went to go see a few people. Aiden, Sadie, my mother… I was in good company. No need to worry...” Cal nodded as he took the cup. “Thank you.”

“Reid it’s been a long twenty four hours, please just speak plainly, especially regarding my daughters health. I have no time nor capacity to work out riddles right now.”

Astrid just took Reids hand, squeezing it tightly.

Theo lifted his head after a few minutes to look up at the sky.

“Unfortunately not sweetheart, I’m sorry...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 15:36

"Ah," Dorian hummed gently in understanding, turning his attention back to finish making his own coffee. "It isn't much comfort, probably going to have the opposite effect actually but; least your dad is with Aiden again, right? They have plenty to catch up on, probably having a right laugh about how things are turning out."

"Beautiful, right? It's your daddy's favourite time of day." Marlowe told him softly, smoothing her hair down. "I can see why, I like sunset as well though. The day can't start new until the previous day ends, the two things work together like that. Everything is connected."

Sienna swallowed thickly, whispering, "You and mum aren't going to be around much for a while now are you? Like when the baby died, before you brought Teddy home."

"I uh.... She uh.. We... uh.." Reid stumbled, grimacing as he glanced to Astrid before looking back at Altair. "She is pregnant, you.. you're going to be a granddad. Congratulations?"

"We were so focused on getting back here for you, for everyone that we didn't even think about the ring." Ronan admitted. "If you did mean any of it, just a little... that is okay too, it is something we will talk about when everything settles down, okay? Your opinion, how you feel.. it matters just as much as anything else."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 15:45

“We both know that wherever they are they’re not laughing.” Caliban murmured as he drank his coffee. “If anyone’s laughing it’ll be Sadie… suppose that’s why I went to her. Didn’t even realise where I was going till I was at the cemetery.”

Theo sniffled against her, sneezing before curling into her side.

“We’ll be here more than we were then, I can promise you that.”

“I didn’t... I was hurt and trying to make you hurt too... I didn’t mean any of it. I am happy for you guys - it doesn’t change nothing does it?”

“No, nothing will change really Rhys. Still have all the time for you we had before, just means Ro will officially be your stepdad... like he has been for the past few years. Nothing will change between us. You’re still our priority.”

Altair was stunned into silence, opening and closing his mouth as he struggled to find the words to say.

“I know it’s not the best timing but... wasn’t planned but ... me and Reid have talked and we want to do this. Be parents, together and I don’t know what any of it means in terms of the business or - “ Astrid started, stumbling over her words before stopping when her father pulled her into a hug.

“It means that there’s always light in the darkness mm? Thank you... I needed this.” Altair whispered kissing his daughters forehead before pulling away and patting Reid on the shoulder. “I can trust you to do right by my daughter?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 16:02

"Oh dear," Marlowe frowned at the sneeze, moving a hand up to place her hand against his forehead to see if he was hot to the touch. "Is it just dusty or are you not feeling well? We'll have to keep an eye on you, hm?"

"Mm, no I don't like the idea of people being miserable after they're gone. Far too depressing, removes all of the hope from the situation, the tiny amount that is there anyway." Dorian whispered. "Did it help at all, spending some time there?"

"Okay," Sienna whispered, satisfied with that as she closed her eyes once again with another yawn.

"Unless you mess up that car too much, then everything will change. I spent a fortune on that thing for you." Ronan joked lightly, ruffling his hair as if he were still tiny.

Reid gave a single nod of confirmation, "I love her. I've been in love with her for years, I've just finally gotten her to admit that she loves me too." he chuckled. "Although your brother, Dane. Not going to kill me is he? I heard he wasn't happy."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 16:08

“I don’t know… just felt like it was the right thing to do.” Cal shrugged. “Felt bad, I’ve not been in a while... been too busy.”

Maddox smoothed her hair down gently, closing his own eyes too.

Theo was quiet until he began coughing a few seconds later.

Rhys laughed tiredly at that. “Noted, thanks Ronan... for everything.”

“Dane was just... emotional. Looking for someone, anyone to blame for what was just… one of those things. I assure that as long as you mean my daughter no harm then no harm will come to you from anyone in this family. Make sure you look after the pair of them... Welcome to the family.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 16:26

"Well, hopefully it did help - even subconsciously." He whispered, taking a sip of his coffee. "You must be exhausted though, finish that drink and grab some sleep for a few hours. I imagine your going to have to go and help everyone organise things today, right?"

"Oh dear." Marlowe frowned, carrying him in to the bedroom then. "Mads, Teddy is poorly today. Could you either watch him or run out to get some medicine?"

Sienna opened her eyes when she heard her mothers voice, sitting herself up with a sigh as she gave up with trying to sleep.

"Thanks," Reid answered, smiling before the smile disappeared and he added with a small grimace. "I uh.. sorry for your loss. I'm sure my dad is looking after him though, wherever he is now. Probably getting slaughtered together somewhere."

"No need to thank me, I love you, you know that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 16:34

“Caius has already organised some stuff, prepared a statement. I just need to deliver it since I’ll be acting head for Karsi till she’s ready... Not that I ever actually expect her to take over me.” Cal sighed deeply. “I’m thinking of maybe deferring to allow Altair to step up.”

“Pass him over.” Maddox sat up too, holding his arms out. “Me and the kids will stay in bed for a bit...”

“Thank you.” Altair nodded. “I imagine in the coming days we’ll need to sit down and discuss not only what my fathers death means for the company relations between us but also - “ he gestured briefly to Astrid to reference the baby. “But for now don’t worry… just take care of my daughter.” He added, patting Reid’s shoulder once again before heading off.

“He didn’t scream or shout or threaten you… I think someone’s given my dad a lobotomy.” Astrid mused lightly as she leaned into Reid, visibly relieved.

“What if you have your own?”

“Not something we’ve discussed. But if in the future we do, you’ll still be the world to both of us, and we know you would make a fantastic brother. But nothing to worry about right now Rhys or any time soon, I promise you that.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 16:42

"Why? You'd be great as the face of it all." Dorian assured, "I know you'll be able to do it, it comes naturally to you - the whole of it, every aspect. The compromising, the statement making, being able to take control during the meetings. Altair can be hot headed, I don't think he'd manage it as well as you."

Marlowe kissed the top of Theo's head before passing him over to Maddox. "I won't be long, I'll go to the house and get us all some things to tide us over for a few days too."

"Your grandfathers passing must of effected him more than we could even realise, that was all... surreal." Reid whispered, "I'm waiting for him to come back in and try to deck me any moment now. If it hasn't happened in the next hour I think we need to book him an appointment with the doctor."

"No, certainly not worth having a conversation about now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 16:48

“I don’t want it Dorian. It’s for the good of the company that every shitty thing in my life has happened... I don’t want to be head of it. Sadie was shot for the good of this company, my siblings forced into marriages for the good of the company. Karsi thrown into psych wards, Astrid’s issues ignored. Altair allowed to run rampant. Your kidnapping, Marlowe and Maddox being forced together whether in the end they wanted it or not it didn’t happen on their terms. My brother and my nephew dying... all because of this company. I can’t escape it but I don’t want to head it.”

“Maybe he’s just really excited by being a grandparent he forgot to be angry...” Astrid whispered hopefully. “I guess you’re family now mm? You scared?” She teased softly.

Maddox brought Theo under the covers with himself and Sienna, holding the kids close.

“You’ll always be my baby Rhys.” Bella soothed gently as she moved him to lay down, noticing the boy was already half asleep in between them. “It’ll be okay...”

Rhys was out like a light within seconds, the exhaustion finally catching up to him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 17:02

Ronan watched closely, letting out a small sigh of relief when Rhys was finally asleep. "It has been such a long twenty four hours, hm? A complete and utter rollercoaster."

"I think you should be the one to be scared," Reid chuckled. "You know, the irony of Rowan trying to expand the business the way he did is that now it is happening naturally. Our families coming together, means both of our companies are expanding, right? You should be the one to be scared of my family, anyway. We're all psychopaths, you wait until River hears about this - she is going to be all over you like a fly."

Sienna reached over to take her brothers hand, whispering, "You don't get to be ill right now, too much is happening for you to catch a cold."

"Maybe choose someone better than Altair for it then, if you even get the choice. Caius? Even Maddox would be better, I don't know how much would ever get done but at least it wouldn't be constant violence with one of them in charge."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 17:09

“I don’t want any massive fuss…” Astrid grimaced. “I already feel shocking and I know those magazines that make women out to be all glowy are just lies. I don’t need everyone witnessing me turning into a miserable fat whale.”

“I’m sorry we had to cut the trip to Egypt short…”

“He’ll be okay Sienna.” Maddox assured

“Maddox is soft as shit, he’d be assassinated in a week tops.” Caliban chuckled then. “Caius hasn’t got enough of a public face. He’s the quiet one in the corner. Altair is the only one right for it, he has the experience, the reputation. The knowledge. And by right of birth order... it’s his.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 17:15

"But he should be a diagnosed psychopath. Fear is an effective way to keep everyone in line, and it may be what your company needs right now but there is only so long that fear can resonate with people."

"Oh, no, it's okay. It isn't anyone's fault, it is just the way that it is." Ronan answered with a shake of his head. "We needed to be here, for Rhys. Rhys comes before Egypt."

"You don't know that," Sienna whispered, "You don't know when anyone is going to go away forever."

"You won't have any choice once it gets out, River won't let you get away without fussing over you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 17:20

“You know I don’t like fuss and noise Reid…”

“No offence Dorian but it’s nothing to do with you… I’ll pick who I pick.”

“I always thought Thomas was invincible... never thought this was possible.”

“Sienna, dont.” Maddox sighed deeply. “He has a cold, he won’t die from it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 17:36

"If you're going to get arsey with me then I'll point out that whoever you pick is only going to be in charge for a short period of time, until Karsi can step up." He answered with a frown, finishing his coffee and mumbling; "You need to walk around with a damn sign saying what you feel okay to talk about today and what you don't, because I can't keep up. You don't want to talk about it, don't want my opinion then don't bring it up. What am I meant to do, just hum and nod along?"

"You don't have noise with River. She'll want to cook and spend a bit of time with you, that is all. We are talking in the future anyway, or are my family not allowed to be excited over the baby? Only yours can consider it the light at the end of the tunnel?"

Sienna got out of bed then, heading out of the room to be by herself.

"No one is invincible."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 17:48

“Karsi won’t step up so this is permanent. Louis has been in her ear too much, she’ll end up stepping back into Kings which is why I need to decide who is suitable now.”

“No... you’re right I’m sorry.” Astrid frowned. “Just tired... I just meant I didn’t want a lot of fuss. Of course you and your family can be excited...”

Maddox sighed deeply then.

“I suppose not. He just always seemed so... to strong to be taken.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 17:57

Ronan gave a small shrug, "I think you were all living in a wonderland if you didn't think it were possible. Anyone can die, it doesn't matter who they are. It is sad, but lets not paint him out to be something superhuman, hm? That isn't going to help anyone to heal, it is just going to make them all start pointing fingers - their favourite thing to do."

"Right," Reid mumbled quietly, eyes quietly scanning the decorative paintings and the charecteristics of the house. "You should go and be with your family for a little while, right? I'll get a hotel room somewhere, won't be far when you need me."

"Mm." Dorian hummed in response, reiterating his point.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 18:01

“Dane knows he was out of order last night... he’ll probably apologise later for it. He knows you had nothing to do with it.”

“Go to my place…” Astrid dug in her bag and handed him the keys. “Not as luxurious as a hotel but... it’s home.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 19:21

Reid nodded, kissing her cheek before heading out.

"Mm. I'm not hopeful for an apology."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 20:08

“He’ll be civil at least…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 20:10

"Time will tell," Ronan whispered.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 20:12

Bella nodded, resting her head on his shoulder

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 26 Jan - 20:14

(( Want to skip until a few days after the funeral? When the bickering begins? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 26 Jan - 20:15

((Can do, can you post first? Just doing tea))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next