BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 39 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:19

“I... why would you do that Lexi? It’s insane. I’m not worth quitting your job over, your career that you’ve worked hard for...”

“What on earth is time for us?” Karsi laughed quietly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 20:24

"I'm not interested in it if it is going to condemn me to loneliness my whole life. It suited me when I was younger, not anymore. I have enough working against me without that elephant in the room aswell."

"We are going to find out in a month or two," He laughed. "How very exciting, hm?"

Afterwards, Penelope rested her head against his chest with a contented sigh. Tracing patterns against his stomach.

By the time Maddox would of came back, Marlowe would of dozed off in her seat.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:27

“I didn’t say what I said to make you quit your job…”

“Sounds foreign and weird.” Karsi pressed her lips to his cheek with a small laugh.

“You okay?” Alex hummed as he ran a hand through her hair.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 20:30

"Fine, perfectly perfect." Penelope hummed gently. "Are you okay? What's going through your head?"

Louis turned his head to catch her lips.

"I know, but I did so." Alexia shrugged. "Are we still over, or am I still going home to drown my sorrows in some mimosas?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:34

“That I struck gold with you.” Alex grinned.

“I... I didn’t mean for this.” Caliban whispered as he leaned against the car. “You’ll end up resenting me for this, you love your job...”

“Love you, Louis.” Karsi murmured against his lips, smile creeping onto her face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 20:38

"You do? Well, I feel like that is a good thing considering we have two children together and so many years behind us at this point." Louis laughed softly against her lips.

"Your meant to work to live, not live to work... seems like I've had to balance all wrong, you've made me see that."

"Oh? What makes you think that?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:42

“You’re gorgeous, insanely talented, you’re kind and funny. You can keep up with my drinking, you don’t care about my family being insane... and you’re dumb enough to love me.”

“How did I get so lucky mm?”

“Me and Dorian were heading out to a bar... the music will be shitty but you and he can go toe to toe with the cosmos and you’ll always have a designated driver in me?” Cal offered then.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 20:46

"I think we both fell on our feet. Two messes that have straightened one another out. Even if you do drive me insane with nicknames. If someone ever finds a way to give our children nicknames can I please order them killed?"

"Russian blood with the drinking, I could easily drink you under a table." Penelope laughed, whispering, "I uh.. I want to know your family but maybe we can do it slower. One or two at a time rather than everyone at once?"

"Yeah, yeah sure. You two jump in, tell me where you like to drink." Alexia whispered. "I'll drive there, you can drive back."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:52

“Or we do the same amount of people but in a bigger setting? Ronan and Bella are having a party at the end of the week - Ronan is Reid’s brother. Not too sure on the reason why they’re having it but who needs a reason for a party mm? Everyone loves Bella and Ronan so a lot of my family will be there. But the house is big - not as big as my parents but still big, more than one room where everyone will be mingling... you should come with me?”

“If they’re not blood related to me then sure... if we share blood then at least let me try work it out with them before you get murderous?” Karsi laughed.

Cal gestured over for Dorian then as he walked round to get in the passenger side.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 20:57

"I uh... I will try? Just don't be offended if I have to disappear half way through the night, okay?" Penelope asked, sitting herself up so she could look at his face then. "Big crowds, not really my fortè. You know how much I hate the gallery galas, parties are pretty close to it. What am I going to have to wear?"

"Mm," Louis hummed thoughtfully. "Fine, fine. That sounds like a good compromise."

Dorian frowned, making his way over and leaning against the car. "Is this going to be the most awkward car ride of my life?"

"Just get in," Alexia frowned, rolling her eyes when Dorian laughed and got into the back.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 20:59

“Just normal party wear, nice dress - the blue one you have will do just fine.”

“We’re good at the compromising thing mm.”

“Lexi is gonna out drink you tonight, fair warning.” Cal hummed with a small smile.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 21:06

"The blue one," Penelope repeated with a quiet laugh. "That is a very specific preference you have there."

"Hey now," Alexia frowned as she set off, "I wasn't aware that tonight was going to involve a drinking competition."

"Everythjng is always a competition," Dorian laughed. "Why, are you worried your going to lose?"

"Oh, no. Not at all."

"I would say we are pretty successful adults, yes."

After a couple of hours, Marlowe drowsily stepped out of the car. Making her way through the cemetery to check up on Maddox.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 21:09

“As good as the dress looks on the floor when I have you out of it... it also looks great on.”

“And I’ll be right here to make sure you both get home.”

“Another thing I wouldn’t have believed if you’d told me a decade ago.”

Maddox was sat on the bench opposite his fathers grave.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 21:15

"Maybe I will wear one that is going to be a bit more challenging for you to get off next time," Penelope laughed quietly. "I think I am making this far too easy."

"See, lover boy here is such a romantic." Dorian chuckled.

Alexia shook her head at that, humming playfully, "Am I third wheeling here?"

Louis nodded in agreement. "I think we're making everyone proud."

Marlowe hesitated, before approaching and sitting herself down beside him.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 21:21

“Whatever you wear will look stunning.”

“Got bored of waiting huh?”

“Your parents would be proud of you... of the man you grew into. The father you are.” Karsi whispered as she rested her head against his.

“No third wheeling, don’t worry.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 21:26

"Got worried, needed the air to wake up." Marlowe listed softly. "You can pretend I'm not here, if you want to."

"And your father would be proud of you, you've been doing so well. None of them believed that you could stay on the rails, but look at you - your the strongest you have ever been."

"I think I am the one third wheeling," Dorian mused, getting out of the car once they parked up. "Lets go and get drunk."

"Has he got drink issues?"

"When is this party?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 21:30

“Probably would’ve gone off the rails if I hadn’t been pregnant...” Karsi admitted lowly. “But... I couldn’t... she saved me from myself in a way...”

“He’s got relationship issues… he’s in love with my niece who is engaged and pregnant with someone else... he’s not taking it well.”

“I was nearly done anyway...”

“Saturday; three days.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 21:36

"Three days, okay. Just let me know when you are going to be picking me up and I'll be ready." Penelope whispered.

"No rush," Marlowe whispered, glancing across all of the headstones. "My mother is four rows up, two to the left... my father six rows up. My granddad didn't want him anywhere near her, but Dorian and I needed them both in the same place. I don't know if Rian still comes here, but I don't. I struggle with it."

"Mm, well he needs to get over it then, right? Sounds like she is in a pretty serious relationship." Alexia slowly got out of the car then, closing the door and walking around to offer him the keys.

"She is special.. as is Cain."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 21:42

“Do you want to go see them?”

“She’s not very well, mentally.” Cal took the keys and wrapped an arm around her. “But I am the last person who can tell anyone to get over anyone really..

“I want him to stay as small as he is forever... where he still thinks crawling into bed with us on a morning for cuddles is the best thing...”

“I’ll give you plenty of notice. Don’t worry.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 21:53

Marlowe smiled sadly and shook her head in the negative, "I've been holding back so much that it wouldn't be fair on you right now for me to do that. I just.. you'll never stop missing him, Mads and some days you are going to feel it more than others. I - you and I aren't good at this, talking about death. We barely mention our baby, but I have no doubts that you get the same sharp pain I do sometimes you know when you have to write how many kids we have on a form or when things are good and I find myself close to asking you if we can have another. I- the point is, death is hard to deal with and I wish that I was better at it so I knew how to help you, and the kids. I'm sorry I'm not perfect, sorry I can't take the hurt away. I'm sorry that you don't feel like your enough right now, but you are.. your always enough."

"Good," She smiled.

"Ypu two look after each other, I think it's nice you have a friend like that."

"Mm, it feels like it won't be long until he'll be a teenager. He is growing up quick."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 22:00

“The lady who runs the baby gym classes say he’s got super good coordination, tonnes of energy. I’m hoping he can keep going with it… maybe turn it into something he can do for work so he’s completely away from what we do.”

“He’s one of the few friends I have that I trust.” Cal nodded as he wandered into the bar.

“None of this is your fault it’s just... me. I never did know how to cope with grief as a kid. Aunts, uncles. Fathers friends, the Kings... that one sent the entire house into mourning... even with Aiden I just kinda... ignored death. And then we lost the baby, and then my dad died and those weren’t deaths I could ignore but I could compartmentalise but... that only lasts so long...”

“I can take you round early if you like so you can get to know people as they arrive then they’ll wander off to mingle?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 22:08

"I'm no good at it either; after my parents it turned into survival, after our daughter it was straight to making sure Theo was good to be okay." Marlowe whispered, swallowing thickly and slipping her arms around him. "What... what are you feeling right now?"

Penelope shook her head, "I'd rather we show up later, less pressure that way. We can slip in quietly, people will already be caught up in their own conversations."

"Everyone needs one of those," She nodded, Dorian pushing a drink over to her as soon as she sat down on the bar stool. "Oh, thanks."

"We'll do rounds, so you best keep up."

"An athlete, I reckon." Louis laughed.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 22:11

“Cain King, world famous soccer star... or Olympic swimmer, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a baby take to water like he did.”

Caliban chuckled quietly.

“If that’s the way you wanna do it then that’s the way we’ll do it.”

“I just feel... empty. There’s a hole there I can’t fill”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva 2nd February 2021, 22:16

"Maybe both," Louis laughed. "Why does there only have to be one?"

"I don't know how you are going to manage to carry both of us home," Alexia mused softly to Caliban, grimacing as she watched Dorian down half of his drink. "Jesus, learn to enjoy it."

"Thank you,"

"Time will help that, so they say... or you learn to live with it. Both have been said." Marlowe whispered, resting her head against his. "Do you want to talk to someone? I sometimes think I should to. We could do it together, we send See to therapy... so we shouldn't feel embarrassed about going ourselves. So much has happened."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2nd February 2021, 22:21

“Dorian has a ... tolerance. He’ll be fine.” Caliban signalled for the bartender, ordering a soft drink for himself.

“You make a very good point, with our genes he’ll be multitasking it all.”

“Do you think we should? Maybe as a family...”

“No need to thank me. Whatever works best for you.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next