BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 2 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 15:17

“Im here to get away for a bit mm.” Serena confirmed. “But I’m also running towards whatever life has to offer me next. You can run away from and run toward at the same time. I’ve moved out of my comfort zone to get here. You’re in yours at the moment. It’s easier to be mad, to sit here mulling than to go out and seek what you’re finding, isn’t it? You want to be content, find it. What is you sitting being happy that two mentally ill people are suffering achieving for you here? Nothing at all. Like you say - in the end they’re still together. Just makes you feel shitty.”

Cal turned the engine off as he pulled up outside his apartment then, walking round to open the door for her.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 15:21

"Your a kill joy," Dorian muttered, ordering them some shots and pushing three towards her. Downing all three consecutively before finishing off his actual drink. "I will see you at the party, I'm going home."

Alexia got out of the car with a quiet thanks.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 15:24

“You’re the one blocking your own happiness here... let them out your head for just one night and act as if your happiness is right there in front of you and I promise you’ll find something.” Serena hummed as she downed the shots herself, giving him a wave goodbye.

“I never asked if you were okay staying here for the night? I can drive you home?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 15:27

Dorian just shook his head at her before heading out without another word.

"Here is fine, I've not got a change of clothes though so you'll have to put up with me in this tomorrow aswell. Do you have a toothbrush I'll be able to use?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 15:30

Cal nodded as he headed up to the apartment, unlocking the door and letting her in before following in behind her.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 15:32

(( Skip till the party? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 15:49

“That girl has a full social battery all the time, I don’t know how she does it.” Bella leaned into Ronan as she watched her sister flit around with amusement. “I get exhausted just looking at her.”

“Twice now I’ve taken a drink from your son with an alcohol content percentage bigger than his age.” Caliban chuckled as he walked over to his former sister in law, handing her the bottle of champagne he’d swiped from his nephew.

“I warned him to stick to the beer...” Bella wrinkled her nose before rolling her eyes when Caliban shook his head. “He’s fourteen, at his age we were all doing far worse, I refuse any judgment from you Mr.” She laughed.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 16:02

"Let him have a good time," Ronan hummed, waving Caliban's comments away. "This is the first time it has been mildly acceptable for him to let loose, and it's better he does it here then with his friends in a back alley or in the middle of the forest. At least here he is safe, and can be carried up to bed when the alcohol hits him properly." He chuckled, "Shouldn't you be more concerned with fussing over your girl then with your nephews drinking, anyway? You were the last person we ever expected to bring a guest."

"It feels like a year at least since the last party," Marlowe sighed in relief as she lifted her glass of whisky up off of the bar, leaning against Maddox gently. "Well, the last one that I got to enjoy anyway. It is nice to not have to be fundraising at one of these things, though Margot insisted yesterday that I would be wasting an opportunity if I didn't at least try. I just want to have some fun tonight."

"We don't have to go down and join everyone, if you don't want to do it." Reid whispered with a frown, leant against the bedroom doorway. "I can pop down, tell them that the baby has you feeling ill today. We can duck out of this one easily enough without having them all think badly of us."

Dorian was doing his best to mingle, talking to whichever guest seemed to be alone at that particular moment though it was never a long lasting or meaningful conversation before he went onto the next person.

Louis was stood just outside, phone to his ear as he paced. Having decided to phone the nanny to check on the baby and Cain, anxious about leaving them alone when his daughter was only a few days old.

"What do you think?" Penelope questioned as she slid into Alex's car, wearing a navy blue bodycon dress with lace details, a small black velvet clutch bag and black stilehetto's to match. "Is it too much? Should I go and dress down a bit?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 16:16

“The more everyone keeps reminding me the more I regret bringing her. You’re making it uncomfortable.” Caliban sighed deeply as he rubbed the back of his neck. “That and the fact nobody warned me you were inviting my ex wife either, thank you for that Isabella.”

“Why wouldn’t I invite Darya? She was my sister for years. We’re still friends, and quite frankly Cal I don’t think she gives a shit that you’re here.” Bella shrugged as she took a sip of her drink.

“Margot is right in that nobody here is short on cash, but you do as you'd like tonight.”

“It’s your brothers engagement... we have to at least show our faces. I’m okay for now.” Astrid shook her head as she pulled her hair up into a messy bun, gesturing for him to lead the way down.

Serena spun out of a dance with one of the guests, laughing as she made her way over to the bar to grab herself another drink, cheeks flushed with excitement as she moved to pull a strap back up her shoulder where it’d fallen down.

Karsi followed him out a few moments later, pushing some hair behind her ear as she took his hand gently. “Everything okay?” She asked quietly.

“Not at all. You look stunning.” Alex grinned in approval as he set off, leaning over to kiss her cheek. “The effort paid off, well done.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 16:28

"Fine, they are fine. I'm just checking. Ignore me, enjoy the party, Karsi. I'll be in after a moment, I promise. Just need to ask the nanny a couple more questions, you know... be extra sure."

"Thank you." Penelope hummed, "You don't look half bad yourself, though, you never need me to tell you that when you can see it for yourself. Tonight is going to be fine once I settle in to it, maybe after a drink or two. Not being good in crowds is probably the worst thing to be in your family, right?" she chuckled.

"Your like a whirlwind aren't you," Dorian chuckled, having spotted that she was free and made his way over. Watching her move her strap back up onto her shoulder before getting the two of them a drink and a shot each. "I assume the jet lag is well and truly gone for you to have this amount of energy?"

"We both know that this isn't actually a party for him and Bells, it is just something to keep her sister happy. Really, Astrid... if you don't want to go then we don't have to. I doubt they will even notice if we are a no show." Reid whispered, beginning to move down the hallway when she motioned for him to get moving.

"I will if you will," Marlowe whispered, "We're both going to enjoy a bit of down time tonight, right?"

"I am not drunk enough for conflict," Ronan frowned. "You shouldn't regret bringing her, doesn't look like she cares too much that she is getting a bit of attention." He nodded over to where Alexia stood sipping at a drink, laughing with some of the guests as she joined in conversation. "Calm down, hm?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 16:39

“People are beginning to talk… we need to at least try keeping up appearances.” Astrid murmured as she followed him.

“I could do with some air, think I’ve had too much already. Forgot what not drinking for nearly a year does to your tolerance.” Karsi laughed quietly as she leaned against him.

“I’m just catching up with everyone.” Serena grinned, nodding in thanks when the drinks were placed in front of her as she downed the shot. “Are you in better spirits tonight or do I need to cheer you up mm?”

“It’s not ideal, but we’ll get you comfortable, don’t worry.”

“You know I’m here for you mostly, it’s you who loves parties.” Maddox hummed as he took a sip of his drink.

“Having your ex wife and someone you’re dating in the same room isn’t ideal.”

“You’re a Levi. You should be used to having your actual wife plus as least two people you’re sleeping with in the same room. God knows your brothers did.” Bella laughed as she patted Caliban on the shoulder. “Darya won’t make things awkward, don’t worry.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 16:49

"I know," Marlowe answered quietly, "You can go home, if you want to - I'll be okay here without you. I'll probably be disappearing to try and find Karsi, have a catch up with her now that she has had the baby anyway and I wouldn't want to leave you by yourself when you could be enjoying some alone time."

"You just wait until Dane decides to make an appearance, then I will be able to tell you all about awkward." Ronan chuckled quietly. "I am just waiting for it, it is almost guaranteed for him to walk in at one point or another and try and do something to make this thing all about him."

Reid sighed, about to answer Astrid when he caught the tail end of his brothers comments. Shaking his head and quickly putting in his two cents; "You provoke him most of the time, Ro."

"I am allowed to be proud that I finally have my fiance," Ronan shrugged. "Not my fault if he is sensitive. Nice to see you two down here with everyone."

"That would depend entirely on how exactly you intend on cheering me up."

Louis nodded, slipping an arm around her waist and whispering; "Well, whenever you've had enough just say and we can leave. We have shown our faces now at least, done the bare minimum."

"Right," Penelope frowned, getting out of the car once they arrived.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 16:56

“I’m not leaving until we’ve had at least one dance.” Karsi leaned up to kiss him gently.

“Caius took Dane out tonight, Margot promised me there’d be no Dane.” Bella assured before smiling at Astrid and Reid. “It is nice to see you two up and about for once,” she grinned as she patted Reid on the shoulder. “Well done you, and you can always escape upstairs when needed mm? Just take it easy.”

Alex got out himself, walking round and wrapping an arm around her waist as he lead her inside.

“It’s not exactly alone time when the kids will be there with my mother, I’m okay Marley. Don’t worry.”

“No, that’s cheating.” Serena chuckled as she sipped at her drink. “How are you, really?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 17:06

"You don't have to go home. You could grab a hotel, or just go for a drive." Marlowe suggested, "You've been doing so well since we spoke about all of it, there just.. isn't pressure for you to stay, okay?"

"I'm fine, not great at holding conversation at these things." Dorian laughed quietly, "Mingling isn't one of my skills, no matter how much I try." he mused, downing half of his drink. "You seem to be quite competent in it though,"

"Ah, I don't know. I don't trust him." Ronan answered with a frown, before turning his attention onto Astrid. "How are you going to cope at one of these things without being able to drink? You need us to turn the music down and just ask, it only has to be background level anyway, Serena will have to cope with whatever we decide."

"We're fine," Reid assured, "Don't need to be praised like dogs."

"This all seems like a very serious conversation, many long faces." Alexia mused, arms slipping around Caliban from behind as she rested her chin against his shoulder. Leaning into him more than she had meant to, off balance with the amount she had already had to drink. "It is a party, no? Everyone needs to be happy."

Penelope walked alongside him, inhaling sharply as she took in the crowd and swallowing thickly.

"You and dancing, nothing changes."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 17:17

“You know I only come to these things for the dancing.” Karsi grinned

“Starting to think you don’t actually want me here.” Maddox raised an eyebrow.

“We’re fine.” Astrid agreed with a nod as she took Reid’s hand.

“If you say so.” Bella smiled before looking over as Caliban moved so he was standing beside Alexia, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her steady.

“It’s okay.” Alex soothed as he grabbed them both a glass of champagne from a waiter who was passing, giving her one. “Just relax.”

“Fake it till you make it.” Serena flashed him a smile as she drank the rest of her drink, having another brought over straight away.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 17:26

"Hi!" Alexia greeted loudly when Bella looked towards her and Caliban. "Congratulations! Engagement, how exciting? Good for you two." She looked toward Astrid and Reid then, adding even louder, "Congratulations! A baby?! Very exciting. Lots of things to celebrate in this family, hm? That is great. That is so great."

Ronan smirked as he listened to Alexia, his gaze more on Caliban to see how he was handling the situation rather than on Alexia.

"Yeah, thanks.." Reid whispered with a frown, slipping an arm around Astrid's waist and whispering, "Lets uh... go speak to some other people, hm?"

"A great motto, but not for everything." Dorian laughed.

"I'm relaxed, I am." Penelope promised, taking the drink from him and having a couple of sips of the champagne.

"Just trying to look after you, my love." Marlowe answered light-heartedly, kissing his cheek.

"Always a party animal at heart."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 17:31

“Did you really think that putting a ring on my finger and having a few kids with me would change that? Silly you.” Karsi chuckled as she pulled him back inside.

“True, doesn’t count in the bedroom or for flying a plane.” Serena grinned as she took the drink that was passed to her. “Or a car... or you know any kind of vehicle actually.” She added.

Astrid nodded, heading over to her brother when she spotted him walking in. “Alex...”

“Hi.” Alex greeted. “Pen is a bit nervous so we’re just taking it easy, aren’t we?”

“I think we should get you some water and somewhere to sit down for a bit mm?” Cal asked as he supported Alexia, flagging a waiter down for the drink.

“There’s free rooms upstairs,” Bella laughed quietly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 17:37

"What? No! No..." Alexia waved the waiter away when the glass of water was offered to her. "I'll have a mimosa instead please," She hummed before lifting her head to look up at Caliban, lifting a hand up to touch his nose, giggling, "Your cute."

"This is hilarious, don't bring her upstairs. We need some happy entertainment." Ronan smirked.

"I'm not great at crowds," Penelope explained with a grimaced. "I can't quite work out the best way to explain what it feels like. It's just all overwhelming."

"Not everyone is, it is normal." Reid whispered with a frown, "Don't worry. You'll get used to it all."

"Or drug dealing; that went terribly. Never lie and say you have experience with that when you don't." Dorian laughed.

Louis frowned, putting his phone into his pocket as he was dragged inside.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 17:42

“If you’re not having fun we can go home...” Karsi stopped when she noticed his frown. “You’re obviously not enjoying it…”

“Also something I wouldn’t advise.” Serena nodded with a small laugh.

“No more alcohol. We need to get you sobered up.” Caliban frowned then, clearly not finding it as amusing like Ronan did.

“Don’t encourage it you.” Bella chuckled as she rested a hand on Ronan’s chest.

“At least you two can drink mm?” Astrid offered lightheartedly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 17:50

"I'm just nervous about leaving the kids, I'm sorry. We are here to enjoy ourselves, right? I'll stop."

Dorian nodded with a quiet laugh, downing his drink before humming; "So, do you want to have a dance with someone who really knows how to throw you around?"

"Yeah," Penelope laughed quietly, "Definitely helps. Uh, how are you both.. and the baby? Have you thought of a name yet?"

"Why? Come on, don't be a spoil sport." Alexia hummed happily, "What do you want to do, Cal? We can dance; I'm no good at it but it will make you laugh I swear. .Oh, is there a darts board here somewhere? I am good at darts."

"Oh yeah, darts sound very safe. You should go into the other room and play darts with your girlfriend Caliban." Ronan grinned, leaning down to whisper in Bells ear; "I can't help it, this is too funny."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 17:57

“I think it’s time we get you home, actually.” Caliban frowned, becoming increasingly uncomfortable. “Thanks for the invite you two, congratulations on the engagement.” He murmured before leading Alexia towards the door.

“Never understood how he was able to keep it together at these things, surely it must be an ex addict’s hell having to deal with it all the time?” Bella shrugged as she leaned up to kiss Ronan gently.

“Levi... we’re calling him Levi.” Astrid smiled as she reached for Reid’s hand.

“No, don’t be sorry. You’re just being a good father. If you’re not enjoying yourself we’ll go home, get some food and sit with the kids and have a movie night.”

“I’m assuming you mean yourself there.” Serena chuckled. “Lead the way.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 18:03

"Like the last name of your family 'Levi'. That's.. a choice. I assume the baby is going to have your family's name then?"

"Mm," Reid hummed in confirmation, squeezing Astrid's hand. "Levi Langstead. The alliteration makes it cute."

"What? No. Why?" Alexia frowned, stumbling as she was led away from everyone towards the car. Lifting her hand up to grab onto the handrail as they went down the outdoor steps. "Are you okay?"

Louis shook his head. "You stay; I'll go. Don't let me ruin your night."

Dorian headed onto the dance floor.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 18:07

“You’ve had too much to drink, I’m taking you home. Everything is fine.” Cal assured as he helped her towards the car.

“Are you sure about that?” Alex raised an eyebrow.

“Perfectly sure. You can pick your own names out when you have kids.” Astrid rolled her eyes at him. “We like it and that’s what counts.”

“I don’t want to be here if you’re not.” Karsi shrugged. “If you wanna go home then we’ll go get comfy at home.”

Serena downed her drink before following him out.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 3 Feb - 18:15

"I've not had too much, I'm fine. I'm having fu-fun." Alexia answered with a frown, shrugging herself free of his support and leaning against the car instead.

"It's.. different." Penelope offered, tone indicating she clearly wasn't overly keen on the idea. "Are you going to give the baby a middle name at all?"

"We've not thought of that," Reid answered with a frown. "Is there any need for you both to be so judgey?"

"I've put my phone away for you, haven't I? Come on, lets dance like you want."

Dorian rested a hand on her waist, tugging her closer as they began to dance.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 3 Feb - 18:20

“You can’t walk properly, you’ve crossed into having too much.”

“Because it’s a silly name and you both know it. You’re asking for your kid to get bullied.”

“Thanks for your support Alex.” Astrid murmured as she stormed away, upset by the interaction.

“Only if you’re sure?”

“So you’re bad at socialising but you can dance mm?” Serena smirked as she rested a hand on his shoulder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next