BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 5 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 9:09

"You do. You didn't stay for long enough the last time you visited, not having the right amount of sunlight will make you ill. Why don't you come with us, when we go home? Just for a few months. Kael will be busy being King anyway, and you can tell him it is to do with your role in his council. I will send you back here with money or silk or.. whatever material they love the most from our home."

"Save Lily, before me. If there is a choice, you must promise me that you will choose the girl, Wyatt. She's the future."

"Never venture from the path is the first rule of any fable, I can not believe you aren't listening." He shook his head. "All of you should know this. Growing up in a castle, even then, the stories stretch across-"

"Shush," Cassius lifted a hand to silence the healer, squinting through a dense thicket as if it would help his hearing. "I thought I heard something."

"Music to my ears." Devika laughed, straightening herself to grab a bowl of nuts from the side where she had left them and fall back onto the sofa once more. Throwing one towards Lucian for him to catch in his mouth, "Inspection over now, back to being unprofessional. This coronation, did any gossip emerge when your tongue wasn't down your wife's throat?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 9:13

“You cannot ask me to save a child I barely know over one of my oldest friends.” Wyatt shook his head. “Lily is a lovely girl, but it would always be you anyway.”

“Just for a few months means being away from here for a year… so much could happen in that time. And I have a role here, now.”

“I didn’t think you’d be so scared or I’d have told you to stay home.”

“No gossip, just unexpected between Kael and his son’s family. The family that tried to have him murdered.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 9:20

"A child your oldest friend knows, and has taught, mentored and you aren't tell a soul I told you this because it incriminates me to having a heart as much as it incriminates her but one I have had to comfort on days she has mourned the saplings she never got to meet. If only one of her walks out, it must be her and you must remind her of my families home in Draeke, tell her that it is hers if she needs it and I am not here. I have already written it down, signed the paper. It is official."

"You can do your role from across the seas, it is to do with culture isn't it? It works."

"A boy King, trusting people based on a dream. Their Head Seer is going to have a hard time preventing disasters if he takes such a risk with his trust." Devika grimaced. "His healer a busy time fixing all the wounded that result from it."

"I'm not scared." Marcus insisted in a low whisper.

"I'm going to go this way," Cassius mumbled, pointing East. "Sira, you and Marcus go the other? I swore I just heard something."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 9:26

“The boy King is almost of an age where he has been a man longer than he hasn’t.” Lucian chuckled, shaking his head. “He is a good man. I love him.”

“You are sure you wish to deviate from one another?”

“You are asking something of me I do not know I can agree to.”

“I will… I will think about it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 9:32

"There is nothing out here to be scared of, no danger. It's just a load of trees and wildlife." Cassius assured. "We know where the horses are, we can meet back at them if we get lost but I think as long as we stay in hearing distance it'll be okay."

"I don't like this," Marcus frowned.

"I think the reason for that is self-centred. You love him because he reminds you of yourself, you and Magnus both - the joyfulness. You are all mirrors of each other."

"It will be good for both of you to come home for awhile, that is all. Healthy. Idris is at an age where he will appreciate it too, he loved the last visit."

"I need a promise."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 9:49

“He did… I was furious at Avani for pushing us to leave. Kael too. It is the only time the two of them have ever agreed on something and it felt like they were uniting against me.” Indira admitted with a nervous laugh at the words. “I hated them both on the way home… I’d missed you all so much and Zoya - I needed her.”

“I can’t, I can’t promise you that Aoife.”

“I love him because I love him, it doesn’t need to be as analytical as all that. He’s a good man, who wants to do good things for his people.”

“He has weapons, as do we.” Aesira assured with a frown.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 9:56

"Mm, okay." She hummed, throwing another handful of food in his direction to lighten the mood again. "How was Aesira away from young Marcus? Because he was insufferable. Constantly asking me for things he could research, so eager to impress to make up for all his slacking whilst he was with her."

"Fine. Fine." Marcus sighed, though Cassius was already walled away, disappearing through the brush before he could be stopped. "So we are going.. the other way. Okay. Tadgh is probably picking berries somewhere, mm?"

"You must. You love me, I know you do, so you must."

"A mating bond is something we won't ever understand. I have never seen Avani so uncaring of her own children's feelings, I have avoided the subject with her. I know Kiaan tried to talk about it all and he was met with... well, you know how she gets." He shook his head. "Zoya needed you too. She cried when you left, was pensive for weeks."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 10:05

“I - Aoife.” Wyatt reprimanded sternly. “Do not use the conversation we just had against me.”

“I miss her dearly… I know Avani is my sister - and the relationship we have now is something I cherish but she was married off when I was young and it was Zoya by my side.”

“Hopefully… hopefully that is all that’s happened. He lost track of time.”

“Not a single young man managed to get her to dance, despite a fair few asking. You can assure him.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 10:13

"This is nothing to do with what has just transpired, I would be saying this to you if you had a mate or not. You and I are best friends. You love me, I love you. Friends do what is hard, I need you to look after the girl because I can't do that right now."

"Another reason for you to come back with us. She needs you, I think she is struggling with the baby. I think she is lonely."

"Like I said, no one else in the castle has seemed concerned for him." Marcus whispered. "I feel like they would be. I know he keeps to himself, but people still notice things."

"Not a single young man would manage to get her to dance before him either, and he knows it. The girl is as stubborn as a bull."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 10:21

“He is my friend. I know everyone finds him strange but I’m not just going to wave away the gut feeling.”

“Her mothers daughter.”

“And yet you are going to try for another? Is it - if you do not have another then there’s less risk of Mehan trying anything…”

“I will look out for her. But I will not put your head on the block before hers.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 10:28

"Strange? No.. just reclusive, I suppose." Marcus whispered. "You and I aren't social butterflies in the slightest but Tadgh gives the impression he'd rather live on a cave alone then see a single person. I mean - where even is his family?"

"'Entirely." Devika smiled. "It is a lifetime ago that Karina and I had to disappear, act human, raise the four of them for those years. I would have preferred to go East with them then go back to that place, no matter how different it is now."

"It is a lose-lose," Ishaan whispered. "If we don't keep him happy then he'll find other ways to force it, start with threats. The heir is born, so the next one won't be watched when it is created...  unless we take too long, then..." he shrugged, non-chalant.  "Better for everyone if we comply."

"Wyatt!" She protested.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 10:33

“We can send her back with herbs she can keep secret from everyone at home so he doesn’t find out she’s preventing another.”

“Aoife. No.”

“Hopefully it’s something you never have to consider again. Hopefully the next war doesn’t touch our doorstep. We’ll be called to help Kael, I have no doubt, when Adair comes for him… but I hope she will leave our land alone.”

“He probably would - like to live in a cave that is - but he knows I’d worry…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 10:44

"[When. I hope that's an assumption and not something Karina has warned you of." Devika frowned. "If it happens, and we are all called upon then I will be included in that, I won't sit back. No children to keep safe this time, Liara can go with Malachai but I need to set an example this time."

"Strange is a horrible word but it might be tr..." He trailed off, slowing to a stop as he heard leaves crunching ahead of them, followed by a thud and quiet groan.

Mere feet away, hidden by foliage where blueberries rested, plant life hid a deep and steep pit. Hard stone and moss coating it's bottom, the drop to sheer to be able to climb out of. Dried blood splattered against the faces, and at the bottom, Tadgh sat - dazed from dehydration - a bandage made from the sleeves of his top wrapped tightly around his ankle to stem bleeding.

"Your so fucking annoying." She sighed, leaning back against the pillows.

"That is dangerous, if she is caught."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 10:53

“He let Sarika Adair live. I do not need a Seer to tell me if if will happen. It will.” Lucian sighed softly, “Liara and the child she’s trying poorly to conceal she’s carrying will be shipped off to Kisar if anything happens I imagine, Conan will want her gone and safe.”

Aesira’s ears pricked at the noise as she turned around to look for its source. Moving away from Magnus as she moved forward. Stopping as she saw the pit with wide eyes and dropping to her knees at the top of it. “Tadgh?! Tadgh! It’s me!”

“Mm, I have been told that many times before.”

“Megan won’t harm her if she is caught. He loves her too much.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 10:55

"It means more coming from me. It's like ten people saying it all at once."

"Does he? Is what he has done already love?"

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 11:04

"Aes- Aesira?" Tadgh questioned, groaning as he pushed himself to his feet and once more placed weight on his foot. "Is it - your here?"

"Oh." Marcus frowned, cautiously taking a step forward. "Careful, don't you fall in too."

"And Kisar do wonderfully at keeping her safe." Devika agreed. "You and I out on the battlefe then, mm? You need to stop wasting your legs on having sex with your wife and start battle training."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 11:14

“It is a man seeking and securing power. But you have a child now…”

“Oh and what makes your - “ Wyatt stopped when he heard commotion outside, quickly grabbing his clothes to dress himself just as there was a bang on the door.

“Hawk! Get the healer out here now! With bandages!”

“But I very much enjoy having sex with my wife. Training… not so much.” Lucian smirked, tapping on the side of his chair. “Maybe I’ll just stay in this for a while longer again.”

“I am! We came looking when you didn’t come back! What happened?!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 11:21

Tadgh made a popping noise with his mouth, before humming drowsily in his native language, "I fell in a hole. Pop." It taking more than minute for him to process the confused expression on Marcus' face before he translated for them.

"The rest of the week is all I am asking of you, and then training after that."

"Unless this is for Isolde, Aodhän is not going to be pleased with them." Aoife mused, swinging her legs off of the bed and hurrying to dress herself. Raking fingers through her hair to tidy it as she pulled the door open. Leaving Wyatt to collect the bandages.

"One child is never enough, you know that."

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 11:30

“The other one has cut her wrists, do not let her die or Prince Aodhän will be furious!” The Guard barked in a panic rush at Aoife as he all but grabbed her arm and dragged her a few doors down into Lilys room - where the door was already open.

Lily was in the old armchair in the corner of the room, unconscious and sheet white - her nightgown bloodied and stained. A bloodied fragment on her lap that she’d used to cut her wrists with - having come from a bowl she’d broken after they’d brought her food in earlier. Two guards were stood either side of her and held her arms up above her head to try prevent further bleeding, though all they had to use were their own hands to clasp over the cuts.

“I still do not think he’d harm her for it…”

“You think I’ll be good to train in a week?”

“What is it that’s broken? Your ankle? Your leg?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Fri 4 Oct - 11:37

"Ankle," Marcus answered for him, eyes scanning the man quickly. "If it was the leg it would be a more extreme pain than a groan. The worry is the lack of caring, head injury, blood loss, dehydration... any of those."

"If you do as I've told you,, and you stop over doing it. Yes. Learn to listen when you are rold to stop."

"I do."

"Speak to me like that again, handle me like that again and I will make it is you can not have saplings. Remember whose job it has been to keep her safe." Aoife returned furiously, the sight jarring her enough to break professionalism. '"Get her on the bed. Wyatt, hurry with the bandages."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri 4 Oct - 21:25

“Fine fine, yes mother.”

“I don’t know how we’re going to get down to him - it’s too small of a hole for me to fly into. I won’t be able to extend my wings properly.”

“Why would she do this?!” Wyatt exclaimed as he entered the room, stopping one of the other men from trying to run out. “I know where you’re going - the King is not to hear of this yet. I shall tell him soon. Not a word to anyone!”

“She’s ice cold, Healer Aoife.” The berated guard swallowed as he tried to lift Lily. “I think she’s already…”

“I will take your word for it, you live with him.” Indira conceded, leaning her hand over to take his.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 5 Oct - 0:08

"Cold.. floor then, floor. Not bed, quickly." Aoife hissed, beginning to bind Lily's wrists in tight bandages to stem the bleeding before she was placed down. Fingers moving to simultaneously check the pulse in her neck in one, and feel for breathing beneath her nose with the other for signs of life. Pleading, as quietly as she could, "Come now, girl. I put too much work into you for you to leave me."

"People change with time," Ishaan whispered. "Mehan has become more power hungry."

"I - We won't be able to." Marcus agreed with a frown, peering over the ledge. "If we get a rope though, one long enough for us to throw down. If he tied it around himself securely enough and we have the strength to heave him up."

"Don't put that on me, I feel sorry for your poor mother, you must have been a nightmare to raise."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 5 Oct - 1:14

“She’s alive, we can fix this.” Wyatt assured with a gentle hand on Aoife’s back as he helped the guards lower Lily to the floor. Her chest still rising and falling - though not very often, her pulse weak and thready. Wyatt pulled a face as he looked around the room and saw the floor was almost saturated in her blood from where everyone had been walking through the puddle to help, footprints going round the room and even out into the corridor.

“One would think he’d simply tell you he’s taking the crown at this point… part of me wonders if you’d just hand it to him.”

“I don’t think he’s lucid enough for that. I’ll go down.”

“You think my mother actively raised me?” Lucian snorted.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 5 Oct - 1:32

"I need - I need..." Aoife swallowed, eyes widening in horror as her mind couldn't grasp the next steps. Internal panic beginning to set in.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 5 Oct - 2:28

“Aoife it’s going to be fine, just breathe.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content