BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

3 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 38 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 17:20

"I don't know if I am willing to take the risk of you being wrong on this oca-" Magnus cut off with a frown, hearing Dagmar's footsteps outside of the room and getting out of the bed. Whispering; "There are always people watching, Thea." A moment later, pulling the door open and stepping out, pulling it half closed behind himself; "Ah, you survived. Congratulations."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 17:24

“Thank you, for fetching Katrina. You saved my life…” Dagmar thanked him, reaching her hand out to his arm. “So did you, your colour looks better… I’m sorry, for your losses.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 17:30

"I just hope this war holds off long enough for me to be able to organise some kind of memorial service, it is going to be needed." Magnus whispered, resting his hand over hers and squeezing it gently. "Your Angel must be very pleased to see you up and about, he was very obvious in his concern for you when I made contact. You should warn him to be more careful."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 17:33

“We should all be more careful in letting things slip.” Dagmar nodded, giving him a knowing smile, her eyes darting to the crack in the door Magnus had left open, able to see Thea in the bed before looking back to him. “The Fates can be cruel sometimes can’t they? For all the wonderful things they do.. some things they plan out feel like a knife to the heart…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 17:38

"Can we trust you?" Magnus asked cautiously, shoulders tensing slightly though he didn't move to block her view.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 17:42

Dagmar nodded, taking a step back to show she meant no harm. “I’m a lot of things but a hypocrite isn’t one of them. Nor is a liar, so I can’t deny what you’ve said anymore than you can deny what I’ve said so - we’re in a situation of mutually assured destruction of anyone speaks out mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 17:49

"T seems to believe that if boundaries are going to be crossed, tonight should be the night to do it. That - that the Fates won't hurt her because they'll be too busy for the war. I think she is being irrational though, I think the attacks tonight have just shaken her." Magnus whispered
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 17:57

“What if the war kills either of you? Or leaves her mind damaged beyond repair if the same tactic is used against the Seers over and over again… will you regret not having at least one night with her? Or will you be proud that you stood firm and protected her from what could’ve happened had you given in up until the last minute? That’s for you to decide Magnus. What will be harder to live with in the end? What if push comes to shove and the only way for you to secure a fighting chance is to marry for an alliance and being unfaithful even emotionally to your new bride isn’t an option because of the consequences of that being found out?” Dagmar offered the only advice she could. “I’ve made my choice. I lived through one war and saw what happens, I may not survive a second so…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 18:19

"I don't expect to survive this one, I feel like I have dodged death a few too many times to do it anymore." Magnus laughed humourlessly. "Time will tell though. If we all see each other on the other side then we can celebrate three times as hard as normal."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 18:26

“I don’t expect to survive either… which is why I’m off to go see my Angel.” Dagmar smiled sadly. “He’ll never be mine, but I can pretend for the night.” She leaned over and kissed Magnus’ cheek. “I’ll be in touch over the next few days once I’m all patched up and back to myself, try not to cause a war in the meantime.” She laughed softly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 18:30

Magnus gave another humourless laugh, nodding subtly in acknowledgement and catching her hand to kiss it gently before disappearing back into his bedroom. Closing the door behind himself as his gaze found Thea.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 18:39

“You’re not about to tell me that duty calls are you? That you have something to go see to?” Thea asked quietly, having sat up against the pillows. “I’ll return to my room if that’s the case, the Valkyrie can move somewhere else…”

“Angel?” Dagmar called through Conan’s house as she entered, closing the door behind her. Moving to lean against the kitchen side, too tired to go much further for the moment.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 18:44

"You got here early, the fire hasn't even gotten much heat to it yet." Conan hummed softly in greeting as he headed into the kitchen to meet her, arm moving to thr back of her legs to sleep her off of her feet. Gently carrying her into the main room and collapsing onto the sofa with her; lit candles dotted around the room so there was no need for any lamps; instantly tugging a fluffy blanket over them both to carry on the cozy theme. "How are you feeling?"

"No, no. The Valkeyrie is well, that was her." Magnus whispered, "She is going to spend a night with the Angel. We have a... verbal agreement. Mutually assured destruction."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 18:50

“There’s no mutual here. Nothing has happened for her to know about.” Thea murmured, glancing down at the covers to avoid eye contact. “So… she’s just given you free information on the Loyal’s there by the sound of it…”

“So much better now.” Dagmar whispered as she curled up against him, resting her head on his chest. “I believe Magnus to be in love with Thea… and our actions tonight have made Magnus aware of us so… we’re all staying silent. We have more important things to think about mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 19:04

"Much more important things than a love affair between a Seer and their master. Do you see Dasha? To deny people the right to fall in love does nothing to prevent it." Conan hummed, resting his head against hers and closing his eyes.

"Have you changed your mind?" Magnus laughed. "You don't want anything to happen now?"

Last edited by BestNameEva on Mon 14 Mar - 19:17; edited 1 time in total
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 19:14

“You made it clear earlier that you wanted to keep your honour… and I’d rather die than beg anyone to want to spend the night with me so…” Thea shrugged, though was clearly still stinging from his earlier rejection, however well intended it had been.

“I don’t know why the Fates made it so that things between us would change in an instant and we’d lose all sense of being able to pretend but… they did. And it’s unfair that for following their plan I end up hurt one way or the other, either emotionally or physically… if certain people falling in love is so bad then why haven’t the old bars stopped spinning those damned threads that way?” Dagmar muttered mournfully.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 19:21

"It isn't about honour, nothing as... ridiculous as that." Magnus muttered in disgust. "I just don't want either of us to suffer an early death because of our... wreckless affection."

"Dasha..." Conan warned softly, "We aren't going to enjoy tonight if we spend all night thinking about what we will never have."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 19:30

“I’m sorry I’m just tired… overthinking…”

“It’ll be me the Guardians will be most pissed at - and if Seers begin dropping like flies I doubt they’ll strip me of my sight. But I doubt they’re paying attention anyway, doubt they’d be worried about punishing us when all hell is about to break lose. And I don’t understand the rule anyway! They send me to be in your service. They send me to protect your interests but developing feelings for you is wrong. It is my job to spend my life focussed solely on you but they didn’t factor in what effect this will have. Whether or not they’ve been caught and punished for it almost certain that you and I are not the first Seer and her Master to start having feelings.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Mon 14 Mar - 19:35

"Even if we were take our punishments out of the picture if we were caught doing this then you raise a issue just as valid. Seer and Master. That is a power play and I do not want to take advantage of you, Thea. I don't want this to be something effected by power."

"Lets try and stop thinking." Conan hummed, reaching behind himself to flick the switch and turn the radio on; thr channel already being on a station radio plays and stories; a monotonous but soothing, droning coming through the speakers as the presenters spoke.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Mon 14 Mar - 20:58

“You’re sweet.” Thea hummed. “Your position makes you my master but it doesn’t dictate the feelings I have for you.”

“You’ve got the house well trained.” Dagmar laughed softly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Mar - 3:42

"It is good background noise, I don't actually listen to this nonsense." Conan assured quietly, ducking his head to kiss her cheek gently.

Magnus nodded, closing the space between them and perching himself on the edge of the bed beside her. Staring at the floor for a little while.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Mar - 4:30

“Is that why you’ve held back for so long?” Thea snorted, almost impressed as she moved to rest her hand on his shoulder. “Because you thought I was doing this as your Seer to her Master and not as a person to person thing? Even if you were just a foot soldier and I outranked you I’d still like you Magnus. The authority you have and the confidence it gives you is a bonus - I won’t deny it. But if you stepped down tomorrow then I would still have the same feelings towards you - you’ve not coerced me by being my boss.”

“What would you be, if you were a human?” Dagmar asked as she leaned into his kiss, closing her eyes and snuggling in. “I like guiding people… maybe I’d be a social worker or something. Or a teacher, there’s always been teachers, they’ll always be needed… my grandma was the local wise woman, there weren’t any official teachers back then but she was like the equivalent of it, y’know?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Mar - 11:25

"What would I be?" He echoed, shaking his head with a quiet laugh. "Oh uh...I don't... I don't really know. They used to make me do the cooking a lot growing up so, maybe I'd do that. It was mildly enjoyable, only when I made cakes though so I could lick all the stuff they tell you not to lick off the spoon."

Magnus lifted his hand up to rest his palm over hers, squeezing her fingers slightly as he took a moment to think. Giving a singular, firm nod to an unspoken question and suddenly twisting his body; free hand moving to knot in her hair as he kissed her deeply.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 15 Mar - 11:39

“A baker and a teacher… a wholesome couple.” Dagmar snorted. “Ignoring the fact that both are trained killers, of course.”

Thea kissed him back deeply, pulling him down on top of her before resting her hands on his face.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 15 Mar - 11:44

"I am not the killer that would be Coco, clearly. We look similar, sound similar but we are very different." He assured with a playful grin.

Magnus made a quiet noise of content, deepening the kiss for a moment before guiding her head to the side so he had room to kiss down her neck.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next