BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 38 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 22:16

"It is a risk," Dorian agreed, looking to her as he finally set up his tent. Lifting his hand up to scratch at his cheek, before shrugging it off. "No one followed us, I was vigilant. Checking the rear and side mirrors, and there isn't any sort of signal out here so we can't be tracked if anyone is using any phone hacks. I am 87% sure the only visitor you will get at night is going to be a rabbit, or squirrel. I can also imagine that, aside from it feeling inappropriate, having your own space - even if it is in a little tent - is something you are craving? I'll keep mine open, so I know what is going on outside and so you can just wake me up if you need anything. Does that sound okay?"

Louis just glared, unfurling his fingers from around Altair's wrist and turning to slip an arm around Karsi's waist. Guiding her out of the room in silence.

"I didn't know..." Marlowe whispered, though it was up to interpretation what exactly she was referring to with that. Slowly relaxing at his touch..

(( Good luck! ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 22:32

“You are not walking away from m-“ Altair hissed, grabbing Karsi’s wrist to spin her. Without thinking, Karsi grabbed one of the glasses from the bar as she was spun round, smashing it into the side of her brothers head, leaving glittering shards stuck in the side of his face and raining into his eye as the bigger chunks fell to the floor. Karsi jumped at her own impulsivity, shaking violently and almost tripping over her own feet when Altair screamed in pain, dropping to his knees and clutching at his face, making it worse as he was only embedding the glass deeper.

“Ah shit Karsi!” Caliban hissed, “go! Go!” He shoved her away as he dropped beside Altair and tried to prise his hands away from his eye to stop any further damage.

Karsi gripped Louis’ arm, dragging him with her as she legged it.

“I believe you.” Maddox hummed, ignoring the commotion downstairs as he rocked her gently.

“I... yeah. Yeah... sounds good I guess.” Astrid nodded.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 22:39

"Do you want too...?" Marlowe asked quietly, pulling away from him when she heard the commotion so that he could go downstairs and check what was going on. Lying quietly, "I'm fine." before rephrasing it to be a bit more truthful, "I'll be okay. I can just wait here for you."

Louis moved quickly and silently, heading out of the building entirely and jumping into the drivers seat of the car, starting up the engine. "The dick deserved that, who doesn't know how to defend himself now, hm? You showed him, Kar. Well done, maybe from now on he'll start showing you a bit more respect."

"Don't be nervous, it'll help you build character - be a great experience." Dorian assured, wandering over to help her with the last few bits when it came to assembling the tent.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 22:45

“No. I’m staying here with you until I’m sure you’re fully calm, and then we’re going back to Cal’s. Fuck them for tonight, they can sort out a black eye or a broken wrist themselves for once. You’re my priority right now.”

Karsi got in the car and was silent for the way home; shell shocked. Small round bruises already beginning to form on her jawline with how hard she’d been gripped, her wrist where Altair had dragged her round was also beginning to go purple. When they were in the drive of their own house and the car had stopped she suddenly broke, putting her hand to her mouth to contain the noise as her body shook with sobs.

“I’m not nervous when I know the terrain... but I’ll be fine... like you said.” Astrid nodded, more for herself to an anything else.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 22:52

Marlowe looked to him with a relieved expression, going back to curl against him. The same position as before, head rested on his shoulder with her forehead touch the crook of his neck. "What happens now?"

"Okay," Louis frowned when she began to cry. Getting out of the car, walking around to her side, undoing her seat belt for her and lifting her up and into his arms, as he had done when her head was hurting her. "Lets get you inside, its all going to be okay, hm?" He assured gently, so eager to get her in that he didn't bother to lock the car. Sitting himself down on the sofa with her and resting his chin on top of her head to keep her close.

"I'll be right by there, basically next door. You'll do great." Dorian assured. "Do you know how to make a camp fire?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 22:57

“I try and speak with father tomorrow. He’s not come up after us so I don’t think he deems you a threat. Hopefully Cal will be home when we get there and he can give us some answers...”

“Why did I think I could do this?” Karsi sobbed, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. “Whoever did this, decided this-“ she tugged at her hair. “Was wrong! It’s fucking wrong! Because I can’t do this. I lost it up there - how - I - “

“I don’t usually make one, I can but I prefer not to unless I’m cooking. Fire attracts things. I prefer to just layer for warmth.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 23:05

"That is good to hear," Dorian answered, sounding a little relieved. "I haven't made one since... you know, so I would rather avoid being anywhere near an open flames. Shall we open up the alcohol?"

"Stop, stop..." Louis frowned, taking her hands away from hair and guiding one so she was resting it against his cheek. "You can do this. You didn't have any pain medication, it was a last minute meeting; if I hadn't of pulled you out then you would of gotten through it, I know you would of so all of that, that was my fault and I'm sorry. You have this week to heal, get prepared then you can jump in at full throttle and you are going to prove them all wrong. Show them how extraordinary you are. You want this, when have you ever given up on something that you want? I believe in you."

"I smiled to say hi to him when we first walked in and I think I caught the tail end kf a glare from his wife as she left the room." Marlowe mused quietly, before going back on topic. "Could you imagine me being a threat to anything?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 23:16

“In a way I feel for her... for all the marriages in my family are arranged they’re not... contested really. and everyone else married someone they already knew, people they grew up with or in the same social circle. Nothing unbearable. Even with Karsi it was never Louis himself that was the issue it was the actual act. Except Darya and Cal. Both were as unwilling as each other and - never mind. Nothing you need to worry about now. Let’s focus on you for tonight.” Maddox brushed his thumb across her face, kissing her forehead gently. “It’s always the quiet ones.” He murmured as a quiet joke. “You might not look threatening but i know what’s underneath.”

Karsi focussed on her breathing for a few minutes until the sobs subsided. A few moments later she looked up at him, using her hand to wipe the makeup streaking down her face. “I don’t deserve you… you deserve far better than this absolute sea of bullshit you’ve been swept into because of me. After everything you’ve been through you deserve quiet and happy and someone that isn’t a total train wreck with an even bigger train wreck of a family.”

“I brought plenty.” Astrid nodded with a grin, grabbing them a bottle of wine each from the bag she’d packed before passing one to him and opening hers as she sat down, taking a gulp straight from the bottle.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 23:25

Marlowe laughed quietly at the joke, lifting her hand up to trace from just beneath his ear, down and across his jaw bone. "And what do you think is underneath, hm?"

"I am not going to be entertaining any of that," Louis told her firmly. "Any self-depricating comments are going to be entirely ignored today, I will only be in office for you to show yourself some self-love. So, if we are going to converse you need to tell me something you felt, or did, or thought that you like about yourself today."

Dorian took the bottle from her, laughing quietly as he witnessed her drink from the bottle before doing the same himself. "So, shall we return to the question game. Now we are somewhere a little more peaceful?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 23:30

"I feel like I'm owed a few questions but I'll keep them in the bank for later when you've had more alcohol, so I'll let you go first."

Karsi opened her mouth as if to say something before stopping short with a laugh "Oh shit... I didn't speak to mom." she pulled a 'whoops' face as she remembered. "I still can't believe she ambushed you like that." she chuckled as she rested her head against his chest, trying to change the conversation.

"A woman who doesn't give herself credit for all that she's endured." Maddox replied honestly as he leaned into her touch.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 23:40

"You certainly are not, I was allowed to push for more detail as the answers you gave me were so vague." Dorian chuckled, though accepted the opportunity to go first anyway. "Let's start more light-hearted; your favourite music genre?"

"There is always tomorrow for that," Louis answered, shaking his head as he picked up on the convient subject change. "This is an important excercise, Karsi, don't avoid it. Just one positive thing, there has to be one. It doesn't have to be big, it can be tiny. Insignificant to the day as a whole even. Like here is mine... I put one less tablespoon of sugar on my cereal today. I am pleased with myself for that."

"Does anyone? I mean, look at you... all the weight you carry on your shoulders, all that pressure to say the perfect thing, in the perfect way, at the perfect time and if you fuck it up something disastourus normally happens. That is a lot to carry, too much even but you still do it, and you don't throw it up in people's faces. Your so strong, too strong sometimes."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 6 Jan - 23:47

"Classical." Astrid answered without a second thought. "My brother listens to that... god what do you call it, the dance music that's just like robots? Its horrendous. I dont mind the pop shit they play at parties but when its just pure noise... ugh."

"Earlier when we came down the stairs at my parents... I didn't realise until I got to the bottom that I didn't need a break halfway through. I managed to go down all of those stairs without feeling like my legs would give out underneath me. I get angry sometimes - you know I do - cause it doesn't seem like the physical therapy is working when some days I struggle to make it down two or three steps without needing to sit... so yeah..."

"It's my burden to bear... we all have those things that are ours and can never be anyone else's responsibility. Mine is keeping this family alive despite the fact - as you saw down there - it wants to self destruct."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 6 Jan - 23:58

"Classical, my mother used to listen to that all the time. It drove my father insane, he didn't understand it." Dorian chuckled, "I like it, sometimes. It'll depend on the moment."

Louis smiled warmly at that, kissing her forehead gently and whispering, "That's a really good one. Let's make this a thing, okay? At the end of the day, every day, we tell each other one good thing about ourselves. We'll see if it helps our mental health in the long run."

"I know, and I hope you know that if it ever gets too much you can come to me. I always end up finding you, which is fine, I don't mind it. I'm always going to come after you when I know your struggling, but.. yeah.. I'd never push you away if you ever had to reach out. We look after each other, yeah?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 0:05

Karsi nodded as she laced her fingers with his, closing her eyes. "Wouldn't have got this far without you... I don't remember if I ever thanked you?" she asked quietly, opening her eyes then to look at him. "But I know you didn't eat or sleep or work properly for months just to sit in there with me just so I wasn't alone... I know you never gave up on me."

"Its not that I hate everything else but... yeah. If I was forced at gunpoint to pick."

Maddox nodded, "You'll always be safe with me."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 0:11

"I think it makes sense, you prefer quiet and gentle places. Museums where really old satires are told but stories all the same. Classical music combines the two of those." Dorian shrugged. "Your go to ask a question."

"Oh, no. Don't do that." Louis grimaced, "It was my fault you even ended up in that place, so close to deaths door. Don't thank me for doing the absolute bare minimum I could do to make it up to you."

"And you with me," She whispered, kissing his lips softly though kept it brief. "Should we go to Cal's now? Talk to him if he is there, then sleep. Sleep sounds like heaven right now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 0:15

“I made my choices and you made yours. We both chose poorly and we both suffered for it... and before you say I suffered worse... I think I’d rather lay there for another four months than ever have to sit where you did and wonder if you’d ever wake up...”

“If you’re sure you’re up to.”

“Total honesty - I promise I won’t fire you for it... what did you think the first time we met?” She asked as she took another drink from the bottle.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 0:21

"If I screw this up I am going to wish that the fire would of killed me." Dorian answered with a quiet chuckle. "That was an easy one."

"I am," She whispered, moving herself off of his lap and wandering over toward the door. Pulling it open and waiting for him."We're not going to go down the staircase in a laundry basket on our way out, are we?" She joked with a light smile.

"It was.... difficult, yes."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 0:25

“I - how do you know about that? I’ve never told you about that.”

“In a years time it will be like it never happened. I’m not stupid to think that we’ll ever be able to laugh about the last year. It’s been horrific but... we got there in the end mm?”

“I meant of me.” Astrid rolled her eyes. “You knew that.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 0:32

"Your mum," She answered with a quiet laugh. "I told you we bonded, she told me that she liked me too. I liked it, hearing a story of you when you were a kid. Very cute."

"We got there in the end and lets make the best of it are our favourite mottos."

"I didn't think anything of you though, so, I can't really answer it the way you want me to. I didn't know you, we had no previous interaction of any sort so.. how can I think anything of you?"

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 0:34

“Not absolute dread that you might’ve been assigned to a brat? Nothing like that.”

“Well... we will make the best of it.”

“Mother always pulls that story out, as if I were the only one involved.”

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 0:39

(( Now night aha ))

"No," Dorian hummed, pausing to take a drink. "I thought literally nothing concerning you."

"I think we are doing much more than that,"

"She mentioned your brothers too, don't worry." She hummed cheerily as she made her way down the stairs and toward the front door.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 0:56

“We weren’t... we weren’t always like this. Its not like we were all mega close, especially with Altair and Aiden. The age gaps but... it’s what this line of work turns you into. Altair was never the kindest man on the planet but he wasn’t always a snarling dog.” Maddox sighed softly, stopping as his mother caught them on the stairs.

"Maddox, its cold outside, why don't you go and heat the car up before Marlowe gets in mm? She's already under the weather, wouldn't want to make it any worse." she said firmly, patting her son on the shoulder and almost pushing him towards the door. "I'll keep her company whilst you do so."

Maddox looked back as if he were to argue, though saw something on his mothers face that just made him kiss Marlowe's cheek before carrying on downstairs and outside.

“You know I had some awful dreams when I was... you know. But I had one where I told you all I wanted to do was make the best of it. And you were so sweet, you took my hand and you told me that I was the best of it." Karsi smiled, taking his hand in hers. "It was dreams like that, that I think kept me going."

“Right...right.” Astrid nodded, downing until she’d had half the bottle already. "You know I think I'm done playing now..."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 7:53

"There is no need for that, I'm no princess, I can handle a chilly car for a minute or so." Marlowe frowned as she turned to Maddox's mother, uncomfortable being in the house without him now. "I- thank you, though. I appreciate the thought..."

Louis guided her hand to kiss her fingertips gently, humming softly. "Well, now, I would certainly be agreeing with my dream self. I feel like we should be getting to bed though, hm? It has been a long day, and with tomorrow's schedule cleared we can actually have a lay in."

"Oh.. okay." Dorian frowned.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 13:08

“Bed sounds great..” Karsi nodded, though made no move to get up.

Astrid carried on drinking in silence then

“Forgive me.... I just wanted to make sure you were okay dear.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 13:14

Louis smiled softly, shifting her so he would lift her up as he rose to his feet and carrying her into the bedroom. Placing her down on the bed delicately.

Dorian got to his feet after a few minutes, approaching the edge of the lake and taking his shoes and socks off so he could put his feet in. Gaze fixing on the water.

"It comes and goes in waves, hopefully earlier was the last wave of it." Marlowe answered gently, leaning back against the handle railing quietly. "A little shaken by the day, as a whole but.... sleep'll do the world of good. Thank you."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next