BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 39 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 13:40

“I could get used to all this carrying around.”

“It’s freezing... are you not cold?”

“And... you’re sure it’s just a virus?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 13:46

"One hundred percent confident," She confirmed, shifting her weight a little uncomfortably then as her eyes flitted in the direction of the board room. "I- I hate to be rude but, I should really get going. We could, meet for a coffee sometime, if you wanted? I'd love to hear more childhood stories about Mads and the others."

"It's worth the chill," Dorian answered, glancing over his shoulder at her. "If you don't think you can handle the whole night out here I can walk to find some signal, I am sure my sister will come and pick us up - take us back. I can pick up the car in the morning then."

"Tomorrow you will be using your own feet," He laughed.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 13:55

“I’ll be fine... maybe I’ll head off to bed. Unless you wanna go back?” Astrid got up, finishing the bottle, a little less than steady on her feet.

“My husband won’t be happy, with me telling you this... but I feel it’s something you should know after earlier... if all went well with the deal my husband had just made. After six months or so depending on how well the roll out was, Maddox was supposed to be married to his granddaughter. I don’t know how my husband will proceed now he knows what he knows... but that was the original plan.”

“You said I’d been overdoing it, maybe I should just let you wait on me all day tomorrow.” Karsi grinned as she pulled him down to her, kissing him softly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:01

"The no show grandfather thought he had any right to dictate who I were to marry? What the..." Marlowe began, before shaking her head and reassessing. Moving her gaze towards the front door, "He is lucky that... Wait, why would the plan be any different now? This is.. actually a good thing."

"Not all day." He answered, kissing her back gently.

"No, not at all. Sleep well, Asa."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:06

“The marriages my husband makes are alliances, stops either side moving against each other in case their child is hurt... if your grandfather really cares so little for you then it’s not much of an alliance. If your grandfather is willing to let you suffer then it gives us no security. No safety.”

“Sleep well Dorian.” Astrid stumbled towards her tent, climbing in clumsily.

“I have something for you! I forgot! Grab my bag for me please?” Karsi pulled away as she remembered. “Left it downstairs I think.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:13

"Something for me? Now I don't know if I like the sound of that." Louis hummed, raising an suspicious eyebrow before leaving the room and heading down in search for her bag.

"Oh, right..." Marlowe whispered in understanding, exhaling slowly. The clashing of emotions clear in her eyes, anger at herself for having insisted on joining the meeting as if she hadn't she would of gotten what she wanted, happiness that it still may be a possibility and disappointment that realistically it would probably change now. "I.. should really get going. Thanks, I guess."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:16

“You will! It’s near the sofa!” Karsi called down, her bag would’ve been exactly where she said it would be.

“I understand dear... I just thought you should know.” She nodded, kissing her cheek before heading back up the stairs.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:20

Marlowe watched her go, before continuing her way out. Eyes scanning the area to try and spot Maddox's car, biting her lip nervously as she tried to work out whether to tell him or not. Tentatively approaching and slipping into the passengers seat.

Louis grabbed it with one hand and headed back up, passing it over to her. "What are you up to?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:26

"Mom tell you more childhood mishaps?" Maddox asked as he set off once she was safe inside.

"Mom and dad went up to the lake house the other week - not been in years have they? You know the place where we'd all vacation together as kids? Dad was clearing out one of the rooms and he found this - " Karsi hummed as she pulled out a small box. "It was the room you guys used to stay in. He gave me these when we went up to the house earlier and told me to give you these on our wedding night but since I don't know when that'll be it feels wrong keeping them until then... and I think you'd like to wear them on the day anyway so I - enough of me babbling" she sheepishly handed the box over to him. Inside were his fathers favourite cufflinks with Louis' family crest engraved on them, the ones his father would wear almost daily and wore to his own wedding until they were lost several years ago.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:35

"No, she - she just wanted to make sure I was okay." Marlowe answered, wringing her fingers together as she added quietly, "Asked if I were sure it was just a virus. There was some - something else soon but, I - she told me that she shouldn't of even told me, so it doesn't feel right telling you and I'm a bit all over the place with it anyway so... All I've done is screw stuff up today, don't want to screw it up even more."

Louis raised an eyebrow at her in confusion, carefully taking the box off of her and giving it a gentle shake to try and guess what was inside like one would with a Christmas present. As he took the lid of the box, his shoulders tensed at it's content, lower jaw stiffening to try and contain the emotion that overwhelmed him.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:41

Karsi moved so she was on her knees behind where she sat, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on his shoulder. “He would be so proud of you... I know he’d want you to have these.” She whispered gently, moving to kiss his jaw before resting her head against him again, holding him firmly to comfort him, but allowing him his space to react as much as she could.

“I - what else did she tell you? You want to keep from me?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:45

"No, no I don't want to keep it from you. I want to tell you, but I don't want to get your mother in trouble a - and... you promise to keep it between us? Like, swear on your life kind of promise."

"I need a drink." Louis eventually mumbled, closing the box gently and placing it down safe on the side before getting to his feet and heading out of the room.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:48

“If it means that much to you then okay, I won’t say anything.”

Karsi gave him twenty minutes or so on his own, knowing that’s how he’d prefer to be initially - before getting up and wandering around to find him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 14:54

"She told me what your father meant, when he questioned my grandfather about the impact all of this would have on the discussion they had about me without your father knowing it was me." She began, moving her gaze from the window to look at him whilst she elabaroted. "Your arranged marriage, Mads, it was due to take place six months after the deal, to me. But, because it's clear that the 'safety net' of us getting married isn't quite a safety net for your family anymore.. you know, since my grandfather disowned Dorian and I... it changes it. Your mother said she doesn't know what your father will decide about it now, it could still happen but... it's not likely really, is it?"

Louis sat in the livingroom, a bottle of whisky on the coffee table that had been full when he had opened it but was now just over a quarter gone.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 14:59

“I didn’t mean to upset you.” Karsi whispered as she moved to sit beside him, hesitating before curling into his side.

Maddox pulled over then, staring at her completely dumbstruck. “I... we...?

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 15:04

"But I probably fucked it all up by going to that meeting, so..." She laughed without humour then. "Go me, I am great at this. I could of not gone today, sacrificed my damn pride when we found out and sucked up to Benji like he never left us for dead and then we could of... we wouldn't be facing..." She grimaced, swallowing thickly and reaching over to rest her palm against his cheek. "We were so close and we never even knew it."

"You didn't, it was lovely." Louis whispered, slipping an arm around her waist as he took another sip of his drink. "I just miss them, and I forget that I miss them most of the time. Just get on with it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 15:10

“It’ll never go away... and I think it’s bullshit when they say that time heals but... I’m here for when it gets overwhelming. For when you’re not okay.” Karsi closed her eyes as she listened to his heart beat in his chest. “You don’t have to be okay all the time. Especially not with me. I’ve seen you at your lowest just as you’ve seen me. And I love all of you. Not in spite of it but including it. So even if you need to ring me because you’re upset at work because something reminded you of them... or even if you want to just come home and sit in silence because it’s been a bad day. I’ll be here.”

“I would’ve had you... without a fight. It would’ve been blessed by my father personally... I...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 15:17

Marlowe lowered her hand to undone her seatbelt so that she could edge over, giving herself the flexibility to be able to lean over and hug him the best she could in such a confined space. "All we can do is hope it still happens," She whispered, tangling her fingers in his hair gently. "May- Maybe if we work really hard. I - I'll try and play a game, make my grandfather genuinely give a shit about me again... make sure it is enough that your father sees it. Maybe then..."

Louis turned his head to the side so he could bury his face against her hair, just in time to hide the tears that fell.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 15:23

“I know... I know.” Karsi whispered softly, moving her arms around him to hold him as close as she could.

“I can’t believe we were so close... so so close.” Maddox whispered, clearly shocked.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 15:29

Marlowe pulled back after a few moments with a shaky exhale, scratching the back of her head and whispering. "We still might be.. maybe. You said you weren't sure if you were father was softening, right? So, there - there could be a chance?"

Louis remained that way for a few minutes, before taking a deep breath and pulling himself together enough to lift his head and reach over to top up his drink. Mumbling quietly, "Do you want one?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 15:36

“I think I’m gonna start taking it easy on the alcohol for a while. But you drink as much as you want and I’ll be here for whatever you need me for.”

“He’ll feel a fool after all that. His pride will be shot .”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 15:41

"No, no... You can just go to bed, you don't have to wait up for me. I might be here all night, I don't know yet an - and you've not been well with your head today. I'll be fine by myself."

"All we can do is live in hope," Marlowe whispered, looking out of the window. "I am going to keep it reigned in for now, but when it all becomes public knowledge one way or another then my dearest grandfather best watch out. I can't believe he has the nerve to use me as a bargaining chip like that when he isn't even in my life."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 15:56

Karsi moved to pull the throw from the back of the sofa, moving it to cover them both. “If you’re here all night then I will be too. We’re a team.”

“Welcome to our World.” Maddox said flatly

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Thu 7 Jan - 16:00

"Yeah, but at least your father has been in your life and hasn't been practically overjoyed with the possibility you could starve to death over the past four years, hm?" Marlowe answered a little sharply. "If he had cared I would still be pissed at the idea of it, but not this pissed. Lets just... keep on heading back, okay? I'm sure your brother is going to enlighten us to what we missed and then we can finally get some sleep."

Louis just gave a silent nod, focusing on his drink then
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Thu 7 Jan - 16:08

Karsi managed to keep herself awake, just playing with Louis’ hand as she traced the lines over and over, content with staying as she was.

“Mother telling you that is a form of torture.” Maddox hissed then before starting the car up again.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next