BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 39 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 14:41

((I've played the different titles for years, my cousins had it on gamecube then i finally got my own DS like 10 years ago and I played it tonnes on there too, I also had Harvest Moon and loved it lmao! I had HM on the PS2 as well haha. I got a switch for my birthday because I've been trying to get one since lockdown one but they sold out sooooooo quick and were impossible to find but I got a lite one - they're similar but not the same but I love AC. HM is farm-y and you get to skip time like you could do 3 weeks in a sitting if you wanted to, AC is real time so you have to do each day like our own days, its all about going slow and taking your time))

"No, I think you're being stubborn, you think I'm being manipulative. There's a difference there Marley."

((Actually went and checked and it turns out the DS version was over 15 years ago and I feel so fucking old now lmao))

Last edited by Phoenix on Sat 16 Jan - 14:45; edited 1 time in total

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 14:44

(( Ah okay - interesting. I might have to save up ))

"I'm sorry," She repeated, this time closer to a whimper. "Please sit back down. It didn't come out right, we're just... tired, like you said."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 14:47

((Worth it honestly, I kinda dropped off gaming after I was done with my DS even though I've always kept my PS2 around for one or two games to drag out every six months for a binge then to put back away... breaks up the monotony of lockdown haha))

"Are you tired or did we just rush into all of this because we loved each other and now you're realising who exactly it is you married and you don't like it?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 14:53

"No, no." Marlowe answered quickly, eyes widening in genuine shock that he had even suggested it. Rising to her feet to then and taking a step forward to close the gap between them, "I know who you are, know who I married. I- I'm tired, and feel like I'm failing so I am taking it out on you a- and that isn't fair of me. I'm sorry, of course your not being manipulative, I just - I just feel so bad that you are going to work so tired and I promised you I would be the one dealing with the night times." She swallowed thickly, lifting her hand up to try and touch his face. "I'm sorry, I love you. Love, present tense. No loved, only love."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 14:57

Maddox sighed deeply as he wrapped h is arms around her, putting his head on top of hers as he held her close. "I think we both underestimated just how hard this would be..."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:01

"I keep having nightmares that something will happen in work, that will end up with you getting shot.. dying.. and it all would of been avoidable had I woken that time to see to her and not you." Marlowe whispered shakily, leaning heavily against him with relief when she felt his arms around her. Slipping her arms around him in return, tangling some of her fingers in his hair. "I love you so much, need you so much. I'm so scared of losing you, in any way."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 15:02

"I could get shot on seven minutes or seven hours of sleep Marley... if someone points a gun at me the amount of sleep I've had makes no difference. I know it's not what you want to hear but it's the truth. You're not waking up because you're that exhausted your body isn't responding. That's not healthy, you're going to end up sick and I don't want that."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:08

"I know," She whispered, gripping onto him even tighter. Staying quiet for a little while before asking, "Do you forgive me?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 15:09

"You don't need forgiving for anything." Maddox kissed the top of her head. "Let's just... take the next few days to recharge mm?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:11

"Okay... time for bed?"

(( Skip to the meeting now? ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 15:16

((Can do, if you post first for the guys in the meeting?))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:25

(( Omg I am going to make all of the Langstead's names start with 'R'

Ronan,
Reid,
Rowan

and the sister can be River ))

"Where is Reid?" Rowan, the eldest of the three brothers, snarled, stood just outside of the Levi's mansion as he grabbed his younger brother by the front of his shirt and pulled him close to off his feet to meet his gaze with daggers.

"How am I supposed to know, I haven't seen him in months." Ronan answered, turning his face slightly to the side in an attempt to get away from the eye contact. Clearly uncomfortable with it. "If either of you had clued me in as to what is actually going on then I would be able to step in for him, wouldn't I?"

"No, you are the closest to them; we need you to remind them of that. We'll cope without the kid. Lets not panic." Rowan snorted, dropping Ronan down and headed up to the building. Knocking on the door.

Ronan grimaced, readjusting his shirt before following.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 15:35

"You appear to be missing part of your entourage, we were expecting more of you." Altair remarked as he opened the door, gesturing for the brothers to head inside, not bothering with any further formalities as he headed towards the boardroom, expecting the brothers to remember their way. "Help yourselves to a drink, you know how this works."

Dane was sat next to his wife, arm slung around the back of her chair, eyeing up the brothers as they entered the room. It was clear on her face that Bella wanted to be anywhere but where she currently was, though allowed the situation to just run by itself, not wanting to risk causing a scene if she moved away.

"Karsi and Astrid haven't checked in yet... how do you think that meeting went?" Caliban murmured when he saw his elder brother walk in, sighing when Altair just waved him off, unbothered with the lack of communication.

((Nice name play there haha))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:42

(( It is going to annoy me eventually I just know it, but it is fun for now ))

"I am sure he is just running late, the runways have been quite busy today especially with each of us taking our own jets." Rowan assured as he made his way inside behind Altair, the previous irritation he had displaying to Ronan undetectable now. Scanning the room to see who was present, he mused, "Caius, Maddox and your father are also not present. Are our family relations no longer vital enough for us to have a full audience?"

Ronan came in just behind Rowan, biting his lower lip in irritation - the fact that he didn't want to be there written all over his face, fermented by the fact that the first thing he done was walk to the bar and take a shot of tequila before pouring himself a glass of vodka and coke. Glancing over his shoulder to see who was there, gaze naturally lingering on Bella a little longer than everyone else.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 15:48

"I don't see your father either, was he not up to making the journey?" Altair shrugged, matching his tone. "The rest of my family are... indisposed."

"The rest of them are indisposed, they would be here if they could. Karsi and Astrid are due to join us shortly, probably caught up in traffic." Caliban offered coolly, trying to keep the room neutral for as long as he could. 

Bella gave Ronan a small smile, only allowing it to stay on her face a quick second so it wasn't noticed.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 15:52

"You are all but goldfish in the ocean to us," Rowan answered. "My father has bigger fish to be conversing with then you all. With that in mind though, lets not wait on anyone else. Time is precious. Let us begin."

Ronan sighed, grimacing at the already heightening tension as he made his way to the table and sat himself down beside his brother. "This shouldn't take too long," He assured the Levi's. "I am sure you all have important things to be getting on with."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 16:01

Karsi groaned as she woke up alone in the warehouse she and Astrid had attended to meet potential new clients. Within moments of the women walking in there they'd been ambushed, their security incapacitated and surrounded. One of the assailants had got Astrid by surprise, simply knocking her out and shoving her into the back of the van - Karsi had fought back and so had been left behind, though not before she'd been given a good beating. Pulling her phone from her pocket, Karsi began to call people, hissing in frustration when nobody answered their phone. Simply sending an SOS with the location to Louis before trying to drag herself upright. "Astrid?!" she called, voice raw - breath catching in her throat as she saw the bodies around her and realising her niece wasn't there.

"Lets not start this out with a pissing contest mm? Everyone's got more money than they need, we get it, everyone's rich, everyone's big, we all wanna be on top." Bella muttered. "I don't fancy refereeing anything between any of you again, you all hit each other enough in school and beyond to have got it out of your system."

"Get on with it then, you called us here, you wanted to talk." Dane gestured for Rowan to start. "We're all ears."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 16:26

"I wouldn't be too cocky. Not when everything you built is stood on sinking ground." Rowan hummed to Dane as his lips tugged up into a smirk, standing up and beginning to circle the table like a shark would a boat. "We have gotten access to information to do with Mr Dane Levi's latest venture. He has destroyed a vital eco-system, killing one of only ten breeding pairs in the world. Think of the headlines..." he almost giggled in glee at that. "You damn messed up Dane. You are lucky the Langstead's hold your family in such high-esteem, or we would of let the evidence go to its intended location."

Ronan leant back in the seat, having a sip of his drink with a bored expression. Uninterested in his brothers dramatics.

"Not again." Louis tensed as he received the text, instantly tense. Ending his remote business call abruptly and bringing his phone up to his ear as he called Karsi, already half way out the door.

"What the hell is this," Reid sneered, pacing the floor in a small room; having come around ten minutes previously. Dry blood having settled down his face from a blow to the front of his head used to knock him out.

"Can you keep it down," Dorian groaned, still coming around himself as he rubbed at a small pin prick wound in his neck where a needle had been put in to inject him with sedation. His vision blurred. "This feels like some kind of hangover."

"Who are you and why have I ended up in a room with you people?!"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 16:34

"They've got Astrid..." Karsi bit out, pulling herself upright and leaning back against a wall of the warehouse. "We got jumped... I don't think any of the security survived, I can't get to them to check... Nobody's answering their damned phones."

"And we would've been called before anyone ran a story, and paid them off just like you have. Just like we've paid off a thousand stories before - " Dane started, leaning forward to put his hands on the table, stopping when his brother cut him off.

"Just like the way you're currently paying off tabloids to keep your sick sister a secret. How is River dearest? It's been a while, she didn't even attend my sisters wedding, Karsi was almost offended." Altair smirked, taking a seat himself finally.

"Altair." Caliban warned lowly, aware that lines had been crossed by both parties already, wishing to keep the peace for as long as possible.

Bella had gone rigid at mention of the boys sister, looking up to Ronan with an almost panicked expression, hoping he would know she had nothing to do with it.

A few moments later the door opened and Astrid was thrown inside before the door was quickly locked and bolted again. She landed on her knees, hands tied behind her back so she couldn't pull herself upright. She had a black eye and was sobbing, bruises beginning to bloom across her arms.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 16:51

"I'm coming to get you, we can deal with the rest after that - I just need to see your okay first." Louis responded, the sound of the car engine starting in the background. "Tell me if you are hurt. Are you hurt?"

Dorian jumped at the sound of the door opening, rubbing at his eyes to try and correct his vision as he took in the individual that had just joined them; though he recognised her cry instantly. "Asa," He gasped, groggily pulling himself over to her untying her hands.

"As- Oh, of course this is some Levi bullshit." Reid hissed. "Is this some kind of joke to you people? None of you would survive a feud between our families."

Both the boys tensed when their sister was mentioned, the atmosphere turning almost icy. Ronan lifted his gaze up to stare at Bella, mouth slightly agape as he tried to wrestle with the idea that Bella would of told them.

Rowan was oblivious to his brothers response, simply turning his gaze onto Altair and allowing himself to smirk at him. "Oh, wow, the Levi's know of an ailing family member. How on earth are we going to cope? River's condition is a life-long thing, anyone can guess that it comes and goes in waves so you had a fifty fifty chance of being correct there. It isn't rocket science. Now, my proposal is, Dane hands over his new little venture to the Langstead's and none of this has to go any further than this room. Everyone is happy."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 17:00

"I'm fine, I think I've broke a rib or something... but I'm fine, I'm up, I'm talking..." Karsi sighed, a small groan at the motion as it sent spikes of pain through her chest. "Definitely broke a rib."

"Am I hell handing over anything to you." Dane stood up then, shaking his head. "I don't know what it is with your family wanting what isn't there's, but it's not up for sale. You will leave here with nothing, the way you arrived."

Bella just shook her head at Ronan, hand going white as she gripped the edge of her seat when Dane stood up, putting her other hand on his arm to try and push him back down.

"No guesswork needed Rowan, your sister is being treated with drugs that my family's researchers developed. It doesn't matter how many fancy aliases you come up with, we always find out who our medication is going to."

"You're here too, looks like we'd all be out on round one, Reid." Astrid hissed as she pulled her hands free once Dorian had undone the restraints, cradling her right wrist to her chest - the swelling suggesting something was broken in the area. "Where are we?"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 17:11

"Oh, just because my brother is a dog and your little wife is living in some kind of fantasy land that she can save him from his commitment problems. Ro has no connections to lovers, your wife is married - she is the one who done wrong. Besides, we needn't bring up issues unrelated to the deal. You hand over your venture, and the land it comes on or we will annihilate you in the press." He moved his gaze over to Caliban. "It won't be hard to really, will it? We are perfectly aware of your little Cassie, I am friends with the judge on her case - I ask her to retract the statement getting you out of the woods, couple it with this environmental disaster and there it all goes. Down the drain."

Ronan snorted softly, downing the rest of his drink before walking to the bar to pour himself another.

"Call your mother, tell her what has happened. If they are all in a meeting she can interrupt it. I'll be with you now." Louis assured before hanging up.

"I don't know, I've only just woken up." Dorian frowned, resting his fingertips against her cheek gently; looking over her to check for any injuries other than her wrist. "Are you okay?"

Reid just glared over at them, mumbling, "I don't have time for this."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 17:21

"Her face has been fixed, there's nothing tying her to anything to do with us. Along with that do you really think fucking with Benjamin is a good idea? He's got shit on all of us, enough to make whatever you're doing here look like a pebble in a quarry." Caliban levelled then, standing up himself. "You've got no footing in this part of the country, why all of a sudden do you want to expand to the east coast when all your money is tied up in the west?"

"Why the fuck are you - " Dane started, though stopped to turn round and glare at Bella when she too rose to her feet to try and pull him back down.

"Anything about our family goes to the press and we destroy the rest of the drug treating your sister. She'll be dead within weeks." Altair shrugged then. "That's the deal on the table right now. You lot fuck off back to where you came from, take your brother to stop him sniffing round my sister in law, and we'll say no more and continue providing the thing your sister relies on to live. The only thing that has helped her at all I'm told."

"Well we're not going anywhere anytime soon are we?" Astrid sighed, shrugging away from Dorian. "I'm fine... I think Karsi is dead. They killed Mack and Stephen, the rest of the guys..." she whispered, voice wavering. "Cracked her straight round the head, the noise almost made me sick... I think we're next."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 16 Jan - 17:53

"You said the very word there, Caliban. Expand. Expansion is a vital part of a business, no? Without growth there is no point. and I am simply trying to help you here, you know, avoid a publicity disaster. We are not the enemy, we are... a friend, offering a helping hand, you could call it." Rowan answered, not biting at Altair's threats.

Ronan, on the other hand, responded. Flinching as the glass in his hand shattered with the force he had been gripping it in an attempt to restrain himself.

"Asa, don't..." Dorian whispered, though it could of been in reference to a couple of things. Either the pessimistic attitude or her pulling away.

"You are such a little victim, aren't you." Reid snorted. "If they were going to kill us then they would of by now, this is clearly some convoluted attempt to get mon-" He began though cut off when a sharp pain ran from his temple down his neck.

Louis pulled the car over once at Karsi's location, jumping out of the car and scanning the area for her. "Karsi?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 16 Jan - 18:03

"Ronan." Bella moved to his side then, deciding to drop all the pretence since it was clear everyone in the room knew what had been going on. "Keep your hands flat." She murmured, grabbing his wrists to prevetd him from embedding any glass further.

"Get the fuck back here Bella." Dane hissed then.

"Friends don't come in and start with threats, you cannot - " Altair started, ignoring what was happening on the side, though cut off when Caliban put a hand up.

"We've both got things to lose here that we don't want to. Why don't me and you go discuss this away from the others where we can work this out without any of the - " Cal stopped when the door opened, Rose rushing in. "Mother, this is a serious - "

"You sister got jumped, they wiped out the entire security team. Turn your goddamned phones on now and get out there to look! They've got Astrid!" Rose ignored her son, talking over him before leaving the room with her own phone to her ear, Caliban following quickly after her, the meeting done in his eyes.

"If you have anything to do with my daughter going missing I swear to god!" Altair turned to Rowan then, pointing a finger at him. "Is this another one of your fucking coercion tactics?"

Karsi was inside the warehouse, still on the first floor and leaning up against one of the far walls, having managed to pull herself to standing, arms wrapped around herself as she tried to breathe through the pain. Unable to speak as she was still in agony from pulling herself upright, she kicked over a metal pipe, allowing the noise to signal her position.

"Who would be stupid enough to attack not only my family but yours?" Astrid went to shake her head, stopping when the movement caused stars in her eyes. "We need to get out... we need to get help."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next