BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 3 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 1:49

"Not all of the world, just a tiny step... just the rest of the house." Louis whispered. "Just getting out of this room, it really helps."

"Reid is? Good... Good." Ronan whispered, closing his eyes for a few moments. "I thought I was going to die."

"I got you out once, didn't I? I can get you out again." Dorian assured. "We make a good team, Asa. We got through it together."

"No, work doesn't care about your wife and her silly sentiments; that isn't your fault." Marlowe hummed before kissing him back. "Are you sure you're doing okay? It was a lot to deal with."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 1:54

"I'm fine." Maddox nodded, wrapping an arm around her. "Just a lot to deal with for both of us mm?"

"So did I." Bella moved to sit on the bed beside him. "So did I... And I don't think I've ever been more scared, Ro."

Karsi hesitated before nodding, pulling herself up out of bed and padding towards him.

"We might not be together next time... I might not make it out again."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 2:07

"Lets stop wasting our time on what ifs. I don't think either of us are going to be getting any sleep now, so, I am going to get us a bowl of popcorn; you put on titanic? We can watch a movie in bed. Escapism always helps."

Louis slid an arm around her waist and headed towards the livingroom with her. "Do you still want to keep it between us?"

Ronan forced himself to sit up then, wincing as he done so. "For next time, I don't reccomend you trying to disarm Rowan. He is trigger happy, you could of been killed."

"It is," Marlowe agreed gently, lifting her hand up to play with his hair. "I love you, Mads. If I told thirteen year old me that my Prince charming was going to be part of essentially a mafia family I would of laughed myself out of the room, but, you're so perfect to me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 2:15

"Gonna have to tell people at some point aren't we? They've all broke a rib or two before, they'll work out soon enough that I'm lying about needing the physical recovery time." Karsi leaned into him as they walked. "They already see me as fragile, Lou. I feel like every time I find my footing and the boys start taking me seriously I slip and I just prove to them I'm a kid, I'm female and I'm weak. How do I even tell them... what words to use?"

Astrid nodded, though was hesitant to move away from him.

"Your prince charming was supposed to be an MD, saving lives instead of snuffing them out." Maddox reminded her as he leaned into her touch. "Life loves it's little jokes, mm?"

"Careful, careful." Bella frowned as she moved to help him sit, readjusting the pillows behind him. Pressing the button on the side quietly for the doctors to come in and look him over, before texting Noah a simple He's awake, he's lucid. "I'm sorry - " she started as she looked him over. "I just... I had it in my head I could disarm him before anyone got hurt. But then he fired and Altair bolted and Dane fired and - it's a mess."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 2:26

"He still can be, it is never too late and that door is going to open for you again soon, I still have every faith in that." She whispered, "Your still you, with the same gentle touch and kind heart. I'm so proud of you for keeping a hold of that."

"Come on, it's okay. We can keep talking whilst I'm in the other room, so you know I'm not far." Dorian promised.

"This isn't you slipping, we are grieving, both of us are and that's what we'll tell them. There was a baby, there isn't now and that takes time to recover from, along with all of the other trauma that happened that week." Louis whispered, pausing near the fire and dropping his arm from around her so he could get it burning.

"Better me than you," Ronan answered confidently, frowning as he spotted her press the button. "Ah Bells, no I don't want to be prodded."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 2:31

"You nearly died. I'm not taking any chances with you." Bella smoothed his hair back with her free arm. "Keep talking though... I've not heard your voice in weeks. I've missed it."

"You didn't see some of the things I had to do that week when we were looking for Astrid... Things I did that ended up being for nothing because the people I did them to didn't know a fucking thing..." Maddox whispered. "I'm gonna wake up one day like Altair aren't I? This is how it starts."

"How do we do it? Pull them all into a room like Maddox did when he had baby news? Just tell one of them and have it relayed to the rest... group text?" Karsi asked as she watched, moving to sit by his feet.

"Promise me you wont leave leave again?" Astrid whispered.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 2:40

"You can tell me," She whispered, "I didn't see Altair's transition, so I don't know for sure but all you are carrying, you don't have to carry it alone. What did you have to do, my love?"

"I promise I'm never going to leave." Dorian whispered, kissing the top of her head gently.

"I- I don't know." Louis answered with a frown. "I- I'm going to stand by whatever you find easiest though, however you want to do it."

"Mm," Ronan hummed, closing his eyes at her touch. "I bet dad is pissed at Rowan."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 2:46

"Your baby too." Karsi whispered, pulling him to sit down with her. "You've lost something too. I - We lost something."

"I don't want to talk about it." Maddox shook his head. "Just - just don't hold me on a pedestal above my family. Whatever you think of them, I'm just as bad."

Astrid nodded, waiting a few moments before moving to lay back down so he could get up.

"Your dad loves you a lot more than you think he does." Bella kissed his forehead gently. "He wasn't happy at all... He's been here often, he doesn't stay for long but he's come personally to check up on you and he's okay with me being here. I video called River too so she could see you. She wasn't well enough to fly here to see you and Reid but she's okay, she's improving, everyone's just waiting on you now, Ro."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 2:55

"When you are ready to talk, I'm here to listen. Whatever it is you have to say, it isn't going to change you and I, whatever you've had to do." Marlowe assured gently, moving her hand from his hair to brush her thumb against his cheek instead. "You're not on a pedestal, I don't think badly of them. They are my family too now, I love them. I can't tell you how things are going to change, if you'll harden to any of it on the outside but your always going to be you on the inside, Mads. I'm always going to be here for you, too."

"I know," Louis whispered, letting himself sit down.

Dorian got to his feet then, heading out of the room and into the kitchen to get the popcorn.

"I don't know how I feel about you and my father bonding, that's strange."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 3:02

"I wouldn't call it bonding, he'd come and wake me up a few times and tell me to go get some air or food. I think he just wanted to sit with you without me there." Bella hummed quietly. "I'm ashamed to admit that I was surprised he was ... kind. After seeing how much  Rowan had soured I expected your father to have me exiled from the room but he was okay with me staying here. Glad you weren't alone..."

Astrid tucked herself back under the covers as she turned the TV on.

"What if one day I do wake up like my brothers. Uncaring, unfeeling - having allowed the shell to to seep in and become the reality instead of the mask?"

"How're the Langsteads?" Karsi asked as she leaned into him. "I feel bad that I never went with you to check on Ronan. I'll go with you next time."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 3:16

"It will never happen, and here is why; your brothers feel, they care. Altair comes alive when he is checking on Astrid and his boys, he radiates with love for them. Ciaus works non-stop when someone is in danger and that kind of motivation wouldn't be there if he didn't feel. Dane has been working in extremes, anger, grief, happiness when Rhys has been with him; again all feelings. Caliban checks on me when your working a lot, he talks to Sienna about the most normal things and she loves it so again, a perfect demonstration of feelings." Marlowe whispered, "Even if you break the pattern though, and your fear comes true, you are still going to be stuck with me." Shifting her weight, she took his hand and guiding it to rest over her heart, using her other hand to rest her palm over his. "For better or worse, remember? Your heart is safe with me, even if it hardens."

"Yeah, he is soft. Another family secret." Ronan hummed, "I think we all are beneath the armour but isn't that the case for all families? I don't know what is going on with Rowan these days."

Dorian soon slid under the covers with her, placing the bowl of popcorn down into the middle.

"Oh, yeah. He just has an IV and monitor now. Still not a sign of him waking though, which is expected; he's lucky to even be alive." He answered with a grimace. "It isn't the most cheery thing to talk about."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 3:27

“I’ve been where he is. I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this with someone else Lou...” Karsi rested her head on his shoulder. “You’re so quiet about it all. You’re so brave… I’m up there wrapped up in myself and you managed to find the strength to carry on...” she watched the fire, going quite for a moment before adding. “I love you. I know you’re not big on words and talking... but I’m here even if you don’t want me to talk back…”

“Your dad said he shut off when you all thought River was going to die, and he never turned back on I guess... him thinking your sister was dying is no excuse for what he did to you though. Just like Dane being fucked in the head doesn’t excuse him shooting us both. Having the gun pointed at us in the first place.”

“Tell me if you ever fall out of love with me?” Maddox whispered. “Don’t keep it from me if it happens… don’t sit in silence like Bella for all these years and just get on with it because there’s still love there in some form. I know you’re going to say you won’t but promise me if you do you’ll tell me?”

“I’m sorry for what happened the night of the wedding.” Astrid whispered, turning to face him.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 3:39

"I'll tell you, I promise. You're right though, I can never see it happening." Marlowe half sat herself up then so she could pull him against her and hold him properly. "I love you so much, Maddox. Whatever the future holds, we're going to tackle it together."

"Mm, I don't have the energy right now to think about it too much. Too think about how long I am going to hold a grudge against anyone for." Ronan sighed softly.

Louis laughed humourlessly at that, "Brave? No, I'm not brave. That isn't a word I'd use to describe myself, ever."

"I am too, I never meant to make you feel that way. I just... wanted you to believe in me."

(( Night night ))
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 3:44

“You don’t have to. I can hold a grudge for the both of us.” Bella laughed as she pressed a kiss to his head. “I’m so glad you’re here Ronan… I’m glad you’re okay.”

“Well I would. Half of what you’ve been through would’ve sent me back to that psych ward forever. And yet you’re still here. I’m proud of you, I’m grateful to have you.”

“It was never that I didn’t think you could do it. You were just so worn out at the time I was scared you’d go under with the work… I didn’t mean for it to seem like I didn’t believe in you. I did, I do.”

Maddox took her hand, pressing a kiss to her palm.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 13:23

Marlowe leant down to kiss the top of his head gently,

Dorian just nodded subtly, whispering, "Well, it is going fine. All running smoothly. I am even the boss of two people now."

Louis smiled, resting her palm against her cheek and kissing her deeply.

"I am glad it was you here when I woke up." Ronan whispered.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 13:41

“Me too, me too.” Bella whispered, reading her head on his, closing her eyes.

“That’s great, I’m glad things are going well.” Astrid nodded quietly

Karsi kissed him back gently, moving a hand to rest over his.

Maddox closed his eyes at her touch, relaxing into her.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 14:12

Marlowe silently played with her hair, satisfied now they had gotten a heart to heart. Humming softly, "Lets eat out tonight, go to a resteraunt. Escape.'

Louis squeezed her hand gently.

Dorian nodded, whispering, "I don't know if I am going to go commercial yet, I might stick to the tourism industry. I mean, I don't have to replicate my dad's business, do I? Can put my own spin on things."

"What is happening with you and Dane?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 14:24

“He... broke after the meeting. He’s not been okay since Aiden died, tiny cracks in the wall started then, getting bigger and bigger over the last year or so. Thomas has sent him off to a recovery facility so they can stitch his head back together again.” Bella whispered, moving to play with her hand where she’d taken off her rings. “Thomas and my dad have talked, and they’ve both agreed it’s more mutually beneficial for them to stay as they are in terms of business - that they both look stronger if it appears they’re tied together by me and Dane. My dad did say if I really wanted to leave then I could go home, but that would mean dragging Rhys away from the family he knows back to my family who he’s met less times than you have fingers and - I wouldn’t be allowed to leave the country again because it’d be too risky both in terms of risking kidnap because there’s only so far protection can stretch and I’m linked to both families, and legally - the contacts everyone signed before Dane and I married are fucking watertight and I’d be violating custody if I ran with Rhys, neither side has lawyers that could break it - if I ran back home I’d probably end up arrested next time I touched down anywhere. I could do that to me but not to Rhys. He doesn’t deserve to be dragged away from his family.” She sighed softly. “Anyway, they’ve agreed I can do what I want but I can’t legally divorce Dane, can’t publicly be with anyone else. Not for now, not until this has all settled...”

“That sounds good, just me and you? We can ask someone to watch baby.”

“Your dad would want you adding your own flair to it.” Astrid nodded. “He’d be proud.”

“I’ll go back to work tomorrow.” Karsi whispered, resting her head against his. “If I don’t I’ll just keep... being here and sinking. It’s time I start swimming… I’ll stick myself on paperwork duty. It’ll keep my mind busy.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 14:41

"Are you sure? You don't have to push yourself, you came out of the bedroom today, that is a big enough step for a couple of days if it is all you can take." Louis frowned. "Slow and steady wins the race."

"Ah, na, he is probably tuning in his grave." Dorian chuckled. "The black haired criminal scourge actually doing good for himself, he'd be hating it. That's part of what makes it so funny. My mother would be happy though."

"Just you and I sounds perfect, I bet Dorian will want to take her tonight. He and Astrid are close to living together again, I'm surprised Altair is allowing it."

"So, nothing has changed." Ronan whispered, sighing deeply. "I shouldn't of thought anything would, silly me. We can uh.. we can just be quiet. Exclusive, in private.. do you want to be? Exclusive."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 14:49

"Astrid's found out about her mother - Father is more concerned because it means whoever took them knows more than they should, but she wont speak to Altair at all. He think's she's dead for a week and she comes back and declares him all but dead to her. It's not pretty." 

Bella nodded with a small smile. "I've been looking for houses whilst you've been having your nap." she hummed playfully. "Dane wont be coming back to the house but it's never felt like mine, I'm gonna move out, find somewhere me and Rhys can just be us... somewhere that'll be your home when you're here too, no more hotels. Somewhere you don't have to sneak in... I know you wont be with me all the time, I know you have your job and your family but yeah... I want it to be your - " she considered quietly as she tried to find the words. "Home away from home, I guess?"

"I'll work from home, I'll get everything sent here... but occupying my mind sounds good right now. Sounds like the best way forward.

"I'm sure even under the annoyance he'd be proud." Astrid smiled softly. "Every parent wants their kids to be better than them, even if it is buried way deep down."

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 15:48

"Mm, normally I'd agree with you but it isn't like he was just mildly abusive, he tried to shoot me point blank in the head. The man despised me in the end." Dorian shrugged. "It's fine, I'm fine with it. All good with proving him wrong, proving me wrong too."

"Mm, okay." Louis hummed, clearly satisfied with that. "I'm proud of you, Karsi. That's such a positive step forward."

"Somewhere less clinical? I can't see you being in a huge place." Ronan hummed, closing his eyes tiredly. "A home away from home sounds nice. Will I get my own key? Can I get to know Rhys better now?"

"No, no it isn't going to be. I have empathy for both of them, horrible situation." Marlowe whispered. "Next time you see Altair, let him know that I'm keeping an eye on her - he doesn't have to know I am getting my updates through Rian, I doubt he'd like that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 15:56

“Your own key.” Bella confirmed, gently brushing her fingers across his cheek to help him relax, smiling when he mentioned her son. “I think he’d like that. I’d like that, you getting to know him, yeah.”

“Couldn’t do it without you, Lou.”

“I don’t think Altair would ever tell you personally he appreciates it but I know he would, I’ll let him know.”

“The best revenge is success...” Astrid mused quietly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 16:05

"Marley is in a successful marriage with a baby, I've got a stable business. It feels like the best kind of revenge, I can't wait to rub it in my grandfather's face too, I imagine the next time Marley sees him she'll mention it to him. I've asked her to."

"Astrid doesn't really like me, mind." Marlowe chuckled. "She is still in the 'I'm too nice' side of the line."

"Mm, we are a little bit co-dependant." Louis chuckled.

"Yeah?" He hummed, relaxing against her. "Its a bit scary to think about. I hope he'll like me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 17 Jan - 16:11

“Just brush up on your knowledge of public service vehicles and you’ll be fine. He’s only just decided that he doesn’t want to be a fire engine when he grows up, he was very upset when I told him he couldn’t be an actual vehicle - he could be a fireman but not an engine.” Bella laughed softly. “He makes the siren noises in his sleep sometimes, it’s a little creepy but you’ll get used to it.”

“I think Cal is the only one authorised to deal with him now, especially after that PR disaster. You might have to tell him yourself next time you see him.”

“Wouldnt have it any other way.”

“She’ll come round to you like the rest of them have, you got everyone else charmed pretty quickly. Even Altair doesn’t make a face at your name anymore.” Maddox laughed.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 17 Jan - 16:38

Marlowe laughed quietly at that, starting to braid his hair for no other reason than he was in the perfect position for it. "Really? That's impressive."

Louis just smiled then.

Dorian just laughed quietly at that, "Mm, no I can't stand the sight of him, of any of them. I don't know who he and his colleagues are, thinking they can dictate everyone's place in life. Not those stupid genes are just part of human biology, no escaping it now. Its monstrous."

"That is terrifying." Ronan chuckled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next