BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Age of The Masrui

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Age of The Masrui - Page 39 Empty Re: The Age of The Masrui

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 19:41

Louis had gotten up and picked a book out to read, looking up from the book after a chapter and paling as his eyes fell onto Rose. Putting the book down to the side and reaching over to try and feel for a pulse
"Shit..." He whispered. "I- Karsi."

"You'll breeze through it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 19:44

“Mm? What is it?” Karsi murmured as she stirred, sitting up and grimacing at her stiffness. Squeezing her mother’s hand gently, about to let go before realising. Shaking her head repeatedly as she gently shook her mother’s shoulder to wake her up before stopping a few seconds later, mouth open at a complete loss for words.

“I’ve not been on my a game have I? I’m rusty.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 19:47

"I uh..." Louis glanced around, completely thrown by the passing being so peaceful. Reaching out for his phone and looking through the contacts; bringing the phone up to his ear as he called Altair.

"It's like riding a bike," Cleo promised, frowning at him. "Second nature to you. You'll do just fine with it, Rhys. Where is the cocky idiot that drives me insane?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 19:52

“Louis, hi.” Altair greeted politely.

“It’s not time. It’s not time!” Karsi whispered, squeezing her mother’s hand again. “Wake up. You have to wake up it’s not time! I didn’t say goodbye I was supposed to say goodbye!”

“What’s the point in being a cocky idiot when you can’t help anyone? My mother was taken on my watch, tortured on my watch. Grandma is going to die and there’s fuck all I can do about it. No point being a swaggering fool when you can’t back it up.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 19:56

"Hi. I uh, your mother just passed so if you are running late getting here then it is just fine." Louis whispered, reaching his hand over to catch Karsi's and squeeze it tightly. "I'll call Maddox now, if you can get in touch with Dane and Caliban?"

"What happened to your mother wasn't your fault, Rhys. You aren't your mothers watcher, you aren't in control of where she goes or what happens to her."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 19:59

“I should’ve found her sooner if I couldn’t prevent her being taken. She nearly died. That’s on me - what was I doing? Drinking and feeling sorry for myself.”

“I - oh. Oh right. I - oh.” Altair whispered, voice wavering a little. “Thank you Louis. I’ll do just that. We’ll be over shortly.”

“No. No. No.” Karsi whispered before dissolving into tears, pressing her head to her mother’s hand as she cried hysterically.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:05

"You were going through a majorly traumatic event. The police had told you that she had left, you are battling with all those emotions. Shut up with this - every time you blame yourself I'm going to pinch you."

"See you soon," He whispered, hanging up and calling Maddox next. Edging around to be closer to Karsi, wrapping his arm around and pulling her into the closest thing to a hug he could give.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 20:08

“I’m allowed to be mad at myself. Stop it.”

Karsi leaned into him heavily as she cried.

“Can you get that?” Maddox asked tiredly when he heard his phone ringing, sighing softly

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:16

"No your not; you are making yourself feel terrible and there is no logic behind it. What good is digging into yourself going to do, Rhys, other than make you miserable?"

Marlowe nodded, kissing the side of his head and whispering; "Between the emotional drain and still recovering, you need to dedicate some time to catching up on sleep." Moving from his side, she headed into the kitchen to get his phone; wandering back in as she answered, "Louis? What is it?"

"Rose just passed. Tell Maddox to get over here, Altair and the others won't be long." Louis said bluntly before hanging up and putting his phone down. Instantly hugging Karsi properly.

Marlowe opened her mouth to speak, though no words came out. Putting Maddox's phone back on the side with a trembling hand as her eyes focused on her husband.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 20:20

“I didn’t get to say goodbye.” Karsi cried as she grasped at his shirt. “I had so much left to say...”

“Marlowe what is it?” Maddox frowned as he looked over, taking in her expression before his own face dropped. “No...no? Not yet. No.”

“Why can’t you just let me wallow in misery mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:26

"I have, but there is a limit before it becomes dangerous. There is wallowing and then there is drowning and you are closer to drowning, Rhys."

Maddox wandered over, sitting down on her knees in front of him and rested her palm against his cheek. "I- I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

"I know, I know..." Louis whispered, voice wavering. "I- It was so quiet, wasn't it? Bizarre, we're not used to that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:26

"I have, but there is a limit before it becomes dangerous. There is wallowing and then there is drowning and you are closer to drowning, Rhys."

Maddox wandered over, sitting down on her knees in front of him and rested her palm against his cheek. "I- I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

"I know, I know..." Louis whispered, voice wavering. "I- It was so quiet, wasn't it? Bizarre, we're not used to that."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 20:30

“Swimming gets exhausting after a while...”

“Must be a prank or something - call them back. Tell them it isn’t on.” Maddox shook his head then, refusing to believe it. “Idiots.”

“I wanted to say goodbye. I didn’t tell her I loved her.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:36

"I - I heard Karsi crying in the background Mads. I don't think it is a joke. They wouldn't joke about something like this, never." Marlowe told him gently, "He wants us to go over there, Cal, Dane and Altair are all going there too."

"She knows that you loved her, Karsi. She knew." Louis soothed.

"I'm never going to let you drown, Rhys. Whether it's by hugging you when you need it or pinching you every time you beat yourself up. Hard or soft love, I'm going to be using both to help you stay afloat."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 20:40

“No. She had time left. It’s a fucking prank Marlowe and you’ve fallen for it.” Maddox shook his head, voice wavering. “No.”

“I didn’t get to say it one last time.” Karsi cried, heartbroken.

“I’ll be fine.” Rhys shook his head then, straightening up. “I’m always fine. I’ll be okay. Let’s just drop it now mm?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:46

"Mm, well... I love you."

"No, not a prank, sweetheart. She's gone, she's gone to be with your dad again." Marlowe frowned, lifting her hand up to rest her palm against his cheek once again.

"You said it by being right here with her, she knew." He soothed.

"Cal?" Darya hummed gently as she came down the stairs. "Do we have any of those anti-sickness tablets I picked up from the doctor left?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 20:49

“I love you too...”

Caliban was on the floor by the fire as he stared into it, phone on the floor next to him, cracked as he’d dropped it when his brother had called. He had his knees up to his chest, chin resting on them as he held himself.

“She wouldn’t have gone yet.” Maddox shook his head again. “Not yet. No.”

“Celeste is downstairs making coffee. I think you could do with one sister, mm?” Altair whispered as he slipped into the room, patting Louis’ shoulder, swallowing thickly as he looked at his mother. “She looks peaceful... it wouldn’t have hurt. That’s good... it’s what she deserved. Nice and peaceful...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 20:55

"She just fell asleep. As subtle as that, I uh.. it took me a few minutes to even notice. She was content." Louis assured gently.

"I swear I had like three left but.... Cal?" Darya's train of thought drifted off when she came across him, making her way over and picking his phone up off of the floor to put it on the table. Sitting down cross-legged beside him, and reaching a hand out to touch his arm; "Cal..."

"Lets drive over there and check it out then, hm? Go and grab a coat. I'll drive."

"Unlucky you," Cleo hummed playfully.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 21:02

“She’s gone... Altair called. Said she’s gone. Karsi was with her so she wasn’t alone but... she’s gone.” Caliban said blankly as he stared ahead

“Can I have a moment?” Altair asked quietly, “Please? Like I say Celeste is making drinks, probably something stronger if needed I - “

Maddox nodded, getting to his feet.

“I think I’m very lucky”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 21:10

"Oh." She whispered, moving closer so that she could wrap her arms around him. "I- I'm so sorry Cal."

"Oh! Yes, o- of course. Sorry." Louis grimaced, "I- a bit slow to take hints. I'm sorry." he sighed, squeezing Altair's shoulder before leading Karsi out of the room. "Come on, you."

Marlowe grabbed the car keys and headed out, getting into the car and driving toward the house once he was in too.

"You do? That's sweet."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 21:16

“Thank you, appreciate it.” Altair murmured as he sat down by his mother.

Karsi followed him out, sniffling as she tried to compose herself.

“She’s gone...” Caliban repeated in disbelief, jaw tensing. “I’m officially without parents mm? I don’t know how to feel...”

“I’m sorry I’m not the best boyfriend in the world, Cleo. I’ll try harder...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 21:20

"What makes you think that you are a below standard boyfriend?" Cleo asked with a frown, looking across at him.

"Welcome to orphan status." Darya sighed.

Once they got there, Marlowe headed into the house; holding the front door for Maddox to go in first.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 21:22

“The wallowing.”

Maddox walked in silently.

“I’d hoped for more time with her.” Caliban swallowed thickly, moving to hug her back. “Just a bit more time...”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 20 Feb - 21:26

"You are going through a really difficult time right now, Rhys. It - It's okay. I'm just worried about you, hm?"

"Oh, hey." Marlowe whispered in greeting when Louis and Karsi crossed their paths in the hallway. "Where - Where is she?"

"Bedroom." Louis frowned, gaze going to Maddox. "Altair is in there though, he wants time alone so you'll have to wait."

"Mm, there never is enough time, is there?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 20 Feb - 21:28

“She - she’s really gone?” Maddox asked shakily, resting his hand on the wall to steady himself.

“She was just sleeping...”

“I’ll be okay.” Rhys assured, leaning his hand over to squeeze her leg in assurance

“No... there never will be.” Caliban agreed mournfully, closing his eyes.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next