BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 16 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 0:03

“We’ve discussed how you will never truly understand the divide between us, based on our class at birth. I cannot just give up work and live off your riches. It would be disgraceful, Avani. I need to work hard to make something of myself to be as close as I can to your rank. I want our child to be proud of me for something.”

“What do you think they need from you?”

“You are sad I am not her though. That it is me you got to keep.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 0:12

"Not from me, specifically. I - I think they need a friend who doesn't want anything from them in return." Kael whispered. "Your family, you - you've all just been surviving for so long. Like me. I think all of us are kindred spirits."

"How can our child be anything other than proud? You lost everything! You were taken beneath the wing someone like Hawk and thrived despite it, I have heard whispers of how he trained people. You've fought in wars. Saved lives." Avani forced him to sit down with a sharp tug then. "You keep saying I do not understand the divide but you are not willing to talk to me about how dire it was for you. Tell me. Please, tell me..."

"I am sad that she isn't here too. I am sad it is me and your mother you have to put up when it comes to stuff like this, when we are old and boring, instead of a big sister."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 8:26

“I shouldn’t have to talk about it… You’re my wife. Can you not take me at my word?” Ruairi asked quietly, “Not everything is to be talked about.”

“I am more than surviving now, thanks to you. I feel happier now than I have in so very long. A free woman, on your council, Idris’ mother, your mistress… I’m doing very well now.”

I am sad I’m not her… maybe things would be better…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 10:35

"There are plenty of things that haunt you that you aren't ready to tell me yet, mm. This though? It comes up, a- all of the time and I can't understand if we don't talk about it." Gently she pulled his hands into her lap, brushing her thumb across his knuckles. "It won't change how I feel about you, just help me understand."

"Good. Good, I'm glad."

"You should be happy being you. You are perfect as you. Your mother and I wouldn't change you for anything."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 10:49

“Speaking of my council job, I’ve a few ideas. Do you want to hear them now, take your mind off things?”

“What my father did wasn’t enough to keep us all afloat, half of the time. There were hard winters. And my mother had to do things to get us through because he couldn’t provide. I won’t have that be us.” Ruairi spoke quietly, all he was willing to give.

“You would though, to make me her. I know you would…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 11:14

Avani wrapped her arms around him then, resting her hand on the back of his head as she pulled him towards her shoulder. Assuring softly, "I am proud of you, of how hard you work. There is no way our baby won't be. We'll be okay. I - thank you. Sounds like your mother was just as incredible as your father, they clearly loved you very much."

"No, no." Magnus shook his head, smoothing her hair down. "Never. We love you."

"Mm, yes." Kael nodded, leaning back finally and wiping at his face. "Tell me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 11:25

“A new Temple… for the Caleeri Gods first, as Daphne is your wife, your Queen. You have spoken before about wanting to open up the land for other people, other cultures, to not be so isolated. I know you would likely have to seek permission from your Ancestors to ensure it doesn’t offend but… Yes. I think constructing a Temple for the Gods of the Queen is a great start to it all.” Indira grinned at her own idea. “It would make us look more welcoming to others, more accepting.”

“I want our family to be okay because I made it so. Not because we relied on you to do so. I want to show I am capable of holding this family down.”

“I know you love me…” Zaria murmured, closing her eyes. “I love chocolate, but I wish it were inside a cake when I had it. You love me, but you wish I were her?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 11:41

"We are a family," Avani echoed the words gently. "Making sure we can put food on the table, making sure we remain with walls around us and a roof above us is up to us both. Look around, see what you have provided us with already. These quarters are not my doing, but yours. I'd say your doing pretty fucking well, wouldn't you?" She hummed, rocking with him gently. "Hawk was harsh on you. You're doing spectacularly. Your parents would be so proud, I know I am and if I am then she is too."

"It is different, much different." Magnus rested his head on top of hers as he bundled her closer. "We wish she were here, yes, but we wish she were here next to you, not instead of."

"It would help Daphne too, mm. If the ancestors approve it, if it taken on well by the people then you would like something put into place for your own gods too?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 11:50

“If all goes well with the first one, then I think it makes sense for ours to be next. It would be lovely to be able to take Idris to Temple without having to do six months at sea first.” Indira chuckled, “And it would attract scholars and acolytes here too. More wisdom, learning to pull from for your country. Truly welcoming to all.”

“I’d just like to know that I can tell my children that I didn’t just sit back and allow their mother to be the one who handled it all. I want them to know I did what I could too…”

“You and mama will always be sad, won’t you?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 12:03

"A little bit, yeah. It's okay though. It doesn't mean that we aren't happy that you and your brothers are here, you make us happy." He whispered. "You all make us very happy."

"More visitors, more trade, more knowledge, more culture." Kael breathed, "We can become something big, somewhere unlike anywhere else."

"You aren't being a slob in here, are you? Not confined to these quarters, indulging and drinking. Unable to get out of bed and barely even cleaning yourself. You work hard, Rauiri. You work very hard."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 12:12

“Next time you see Lucian, ask him what could be done to the ports to make them more friendly for traders, for their ships, see what we can do to make improvements there. We have the Gold, your mother stockpiled so much. We just need to get investing. We can offer work to people from elsewhere when it comes to crafting things that need expertise, poach great minds and hands from all over.” Indira brushed her nose against his. “This country will be on everyone’s lips with you at its helm, my love. We can make it the talk of the world.”

“Not hard enough, it needs to be better.”

“You do not seem happy sometimes though, you seem sad. You stand in her room, I’ve seen you.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 12:22

"You shouldn't be spying," Magnus answered, not unkindly. Pressing lips to the top of her head to distract himself, "You don't have to worry about me, it isn't your job. You need to be learning about you, having fun, being with friends."

"You're enough, you're enough." Avani laughed sadly at the words, tightening her arms around him. "All the things you've done, all you've achieved. Captain of the Guard, when your less than a century old, when you came from a little village in the mountains that none of these people know the name of. They know your name though, and it is not because of me. If you hadn't of been in Kael's favour before even meeting me, we wouldn't have met, mm? You done that. All alone, such incredible strength you hold within you."

"That's what I want." Kael breathed. "Anything less is failing what is expected of me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 12:28

“We can make it happen,” Indira promised. “We start with a Temple, and we will go from there… This is only the beginning. I intend to have our names in books by the end.”

“Always room for improvement.” Ruairi closed his eyes at her touch with a soft sigh. “I should get ready, I need to go apologise to Aoife and Lily.”

“It will be my job when I am Queen, to be nosy. I am just practicing.” Zaria defended herself with a weak laugh.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 12:38

"If they've had an ordeal today, they'll probably be needing sleep." Avani whispered, leaning back then so she could rest her hand to his cheek. "Find another way to spend your time, if working will help. I love you..."

"Spoken about for generations, and generations." Kael laughed quietly.

"You are not going to be Queen for a long time, your mother and I aren't so old we need to retire yet." Magnus chuckled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 12:42

“The temples we construct now will have statues of us built long after we are gone. I do enjoy the idea of being revered as a Goddess. As sacrilege as that is to say.” Indira grinned. “They best make sure to get my features right, I’d not look good with a different nose.”

“I love you too, more than you know.” Ruairi took her hand, kissing the back of it.

“Mother would love to retire and spend her entire days in parties rather than being encumbered by Queenly duties.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 13:04

"The overgrown bird is lucky I wasn't in that office with you both, I could have clawed his throat out for speaking to you the way he did." Avani mumbled, free hand smoothing his hair down affectionately.

"You would look fine with any nose," Kael scoffed in amusment, pressing the tip of his finger to the tip of her nose. "You being worshipped is not unimaginable though."

"No, no she enjoys it."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 13:07

“He is my boss, he was right to pull me up.” Ruairi laughed softly at the name.

“Mm, I do enjoy the attention, I cannot lie.”

“I bet she’d rather I take her place and rule beside you so she’s free all day.” Zaria grinned.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 13:14

"He needs to be calling the Seers up on it, they were more likely to be able to stop the healer from hurting herself than you were. He is just after someone to blame, that's all." Avani's nose wrinkled. "I'll tell him, next time. He'll be walking out of here crying then."

"How much do you want to bet?" Magnus grinned
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 13:14

“This will turn unfair so quickly because mama will always take your side if we ask her!”

“I do not think Hawk has the ability to cry.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 13:31

"All men have the ability to cry, and he will be blubbering like a new born babe by the tike I have wrung my hands around him for how he spoke to you. He knows it too, how quickly he left these rooms." She hummed pleasantly.

"No she won't, that is silly! She isn't always on my side, only when I am right."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 13:39

“I appreciate the sentiment, but please do not go up against him, if only because I do not fancy stepping into his shoes just yet and if you hear him it may come sooner rather than later.”

“She always chooses you, she always will!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 13:51

Avani laughed, leaning in to skim her lips across his. "The day you believe in yourself the way I do, is the day you will move mountains."

"You enjoy attention more than I do, I'd say more than Magnus but I don't think such a person actually exists. I think it's impossible to enjoy attention more than him."

"That's silly,' Magnus repeated gently. "You are just too scared to make a bet, you know you'll lose it."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 13:54

“I’ve yet to attend one of his legendary parties, perhaps the next time he hosts you can take me so I can see what all the talk is about?”

“I think moving mountains is beyond me reach whether I believe I can do it or not.” Ruairi laughed, grabbing Avani by the waist to bring her closer.

“Of course I’ll lose, you and mother will always choose each other.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 14:09

"The gods are able to do it, so why not people like us? We are them, after all, without all the bells and whistles. There is little difference." Avani laughed. "You would make a pleasing God, as I would a Goddess. Millions would worship us."

"Now you are free, now you can go to any other Kingdom you wish to. Any party you choose, including one of Magnus and Thea's - they will blow you away."

"Over you and your brothers? Mm, I don't know. Nor do you. You've never tried."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 14:11

“Is my worship not enough for you my love, you require the worship of millions?”

“Let me know when the next invitation comes in, I’ll be ready and waiting.”

“But I know.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next