BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 9 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 12:14

"You are not going to die," Aoife promised gently, arms tightening around her. ""I can not guarantee that you will remain living here but you will not die. I told you before, didn't I? My family's home in Draeke. We will not die, and if living here is unviable then we will go there. Both of us. Everything will be well, little one."

"It is something he'll agree to more, be happier with. However infuriating the women are, at least they have speerate quarters so it will look respectful if they spend little time together."

Aodhän lay half sat up in his and Isolde's bed, his cheek resting on top of her head and his arms wrapped loosely around her to keep her against his chest. Staring at the wall as he listened to her steady breathing
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 13:04

“Sorry to disturb you, Prince Aodhän, but Lord Hawk is at the door. He’s covered in blood and he’s angrily demanding to speak to you, he won’t be turned away.” One of Isolde’s ladies murmured as she opened the door to the bedroom, keeping her voice low to not wake Isolde.

“They’re both irritating little bitches who keep referring to my son as a bastard, so maybe a cuff or two to the face from Kiaan would shut them up.” Indira muttered, only half joking. “I think it is worth pressing him about, he will have to marry at some point, it’s inevitable. He’s not lucky enough to be a woman who can sully her reputation to the point nobody will have him.” She grinned in reference to herself.

“I didn’t want saving.” Lily sobbed then into her shoulder, clutching onto Aoife as she cried hysterically. “I don’t want to wait for months to die.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 13:17

"Tell him unless it is to do with the girls, or Kael then I am uninterested." Aodhän swallowed. "I am occupied, as you can see. Hawk is not one of my priorities, no matter what mess he has gotten himself into."

"You're not going to die! I won't allow you to die. I have never lied to you before, girl, so why would I start now?"

Ishaan shook his head at her with an amused grin.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 14:18

“He said to tell you He Knows. I do not know what he knows but that’s what he said to pass on.”

“Because this is out of your control - our control.”

“It’s almost freeing to know I won’t be put back on the marriage market because I’ve had Idris. That even if Kael discards me I wont be rushed to another man.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 14:29

"It isn't. This is all underhand, what Aodhän is doing is beneath board. Kael doesn't know about it, and Hawk has the King wrapped around his finger. He'll be our voice, whilst Aodhän silences us."

Aodhän's shoulders tensed, giving a small nod of understanding and whispering, "Make him up some tea, tell him to meet me in my office. I'll be right there."

"Having to think of my siblings future marriage prospects is horrific. I dread the day I am forced to do it for my child. As I imagine Kael dreads the day he has to do it for Idris."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 14:38

“I will be involved where my son is concerned and I will go hand to hand with Kael if he tries to stop it. My son won’t just be dangled out like meat for alliances. Kael was allowed the courtesy of choosing his bride and even when. My son will get the same as the bare minimum.”

“Yes Sir, at once.” The lady nodded before ducking back out of the room.

“And if Kael is so consumed by grief? That we failed two mothers?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 14:55

"We were giving a fools task, when Isolde died it will not be our fault. We will be walking away from it. There is no other option."

Aodhän took the time to slowly shift his weight, easing Isolde into the pillows of the bed as smoothly as possible so he wouldn't wake her. Trying to leave the room just as silently.

"That is a battle I would pay to see, one I know you will win, too."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 15:22

“If I have to play the I almost died giving birth card I will do. He’s not promising my son off to some foreign Princess he may never be happy with. My son will have a say in it. I won’t allow tragedy to repeat itself… If I have to fight for that then I will do.”

Lily just shook her head miserably, moving her hand to pick at the bandages on her wrist. “Are you sleeping with Hawk so he will help us? You do not have to do that, the thought of you needing to use your body to try and secure our safety… Please do not. Not for me, do not do that to yourself.” She whispered almost silently, gazing into her lap.

Wyatt was in Aodhän’s office, pacing up and down the room, the tea ignored. He’d changed his clothes from the ripped ones, but hadn’t taken the time to clear the blood from his skin as it now crusted as it dried.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 16:08

"You aren't to tell Kael a single word about his mother, Wyatt. I don't care who spike, how you find out but if this gets out to Kael, to the community, then I will have your innards strung up around the gates and used as decorations for the next celebration do you understand?" Aodhän seethed as soon as he had stepped in and the door had closed behind himself.

"Don't touch, if they itch it is a good sign." Aoife reprimanded, batting the girls hands away. "Don't tell anyone about me and Wyatt, mm? It shouldn't be a thing. His bond shouldn't allow it and I have no desire to be at the jaws of a betrayed lover."

You may aswell put a collar and lead on that man." Ishaan chuckled
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 16:12

“Lily Hawthorne has just tried to end her own life because of your mindless imprisonment of her and Aoife. She cut her wrists with pottery! What on earth do you think you are doing?!” Wyatt hissed in return, making no effort with niceties. “I’m covered in her blood because we had to scramble to save her!”

“Are you having sex with Lord Hawk to try and save our lives, Aoife?” Lily asked more directly then as she made eye contact.

“I’d love to, but his culture threw out the practise of having multiple wives several Kings ago, unfortunately.” Indira chuckled, shaking her head.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 17:09

"He is heralded to be the one to change things by his people, perhaps that can be one of them. You were always meant to have a crown upon your head, we oust the Caleeri and get you up there. It won't take much, just start planting seeds in his people now."

"No." Aoife answered, matter-of-factly. "No, I am not."

"I don't see how an act of cowardice from a healer is anything to do with me." Aodhän laughed then, shaking his head at him. "This is what your wasting your time trying to fight me on? You must be bored in the new role, Lord Hawk."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 17:14

“Do not put ideas into my head, I gave up the hope of being his wife the moment the war began. His mistress, mother of his child, the woman he loves are all in my grasp but wife? That won’t happen. I doubt he’d even consider it for me when he never even thought of it for Fiadh.”

“He has a mate, a child…”

“You cannot just lock up our best healers because Isolde is dying. I’m sorry for that Aodhän, I truly - I am. But the wasting is nobody’s fault. Nobody’s caused it.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 18:04

"They are not locked away because they are the cause, they are confined to their rooms so they are not disturbed. They are confined so they can focus solely on finding a cure to save her."

"And yet he ripped my clothes off not once, but twice." Aoife hummed. "I don't believe they are mates, I have... noticed things for awhile. More so since Daphne's sisters arrived."

"Fiadh. A name he refuses to let rest, mm."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 18:15

“He never will… His first love. His soulmate, if you listen to him talk. He suggested naming his daughter after her to Daphne, she did not take it so well. I can’t say I would have either, especially as their marriage isn’t just one of order, they are together romantically too.” Indira hummed with a shrug. “The difference between Daphne and I is that I am able to accept Kael will always love Fiadh more, because when she died she was perfect and she can never undo that. Daphne believed if she gave Kael a son she’d be worshipped beyond compare and take her space. It didn’t happen, it never will.”

“I don’t condone it, I feel for Florence… But it is none of my business, I won’t be sharing it around.” Lily assured quietly, moving to scratch again at the bandages.

“You’ve locked them away and threatened their lives. They’re imprisoned! Have them released or I’ll be telling Kael.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 18:42

"Ah, ah." Aoife reprimanded with another slap of the girl's hand. "Wyatt and I, it is not the first time we have been intimate and I doubt it will be the last. I have seen him happy, Florence does not make him happy she makes him feel broken."

"They will be released when they can heal Isolde!"

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 18:45

“Then he should leave her. Men like Wyatt are the reason I am terrified of bringing a sapling into the world. To think you love a man deeply enough to risk your life to bring your shared child into the world and for him to be sneaking around behind your back… You see why I think it is unfair? You think he would not do the same to you eventually, if you have a relationship? I never thought a man like Hawk would be so dishonest.”

“They cannot heal her! It is the wasting!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 19:32

"We had one before, and he did not. We are only not together now because I chose not to pursue him, because he returned worn torn with a mate in tow but whatever bond it is they have, I don't think it is ours, not a fae one."

"Thry can try, which they clearly aren't doing if the woman is trying to kill herself. I'll make sure she is guarded internally now too, for her own safety, thank you for making me aware."

"Is their marriage weak, even though it is romantic?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 19:36

“You’re not even the consort anymore, I do not know why I bothered to come to you first. I’ll go to Kael. The King. Who’s baby Lily and Aoife delivered not a moon ago, so I imagine he’ll be distraught to hear of the treatment they are receiving.”

“It does not make extra marital affairs okay… Let us hope it does not sour and he decides to withdraw his support from you.”

“I do not know, not fully. I know she does not understand his mind, how his loss of breath works. She takes it personally, sees it as a slight when it happens, an inconvenience as it may interrupt a conversation. But we do not discuss her much, he does love her, very much so, and I do not want to be the jealous and bitter mistress in his ear.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 21:26

"You go to him and tell him before Isolde and I have the chance to do it, tonight, once she has rested from our travels then you will ruin him. It won't be controlled, he will pull away from me when he will need me and you think that will spite me the most? No. No, I am used to Kael saying I am a terrible father. Who you will be hurting most viciously is him, the man you claim to love as much as your own son. You won't be going to him, he knows the women are being confined. It is for their safety, they are so valuable that other Kingdoms may want them kidnapped. Not lies." A winning smile crept onto his face. "Watch your next moves carefully, Hawk."

"You are so cut and dry, Lily." Aoife snorted, though grimaced at the turn of phrase. "It is fun. Florence will be fine, the woman has been through worse."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 22:01

“I respect him enough to not lie to him now I know the truth. Prepare your wife Kael knowing, I’ll be heading straight there.” Wyatt stood firm before turning on his heel to leave.

“I think it is unnecessary cruelty. Hopefully once we are dead the secret died with us.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 22:27

"You don't care about him then, I didn't think you did." Aodhän hummed smugly.

"We are not going to die." Aoife sighed. "Your lack of faith is becoming offence now."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 22:37

“I do. And he will have me to look out for him when you fail to once again, Aodhän.” Wyatt didn’t bite, leaving the room and making his way to Kael’s quarters.

“The wasting cannot be fucking cured. You and Razi are as delusional as each other. Your blind faith is making me want to shriek and pull my hair out and throw things.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 22:44

"I didn't say we were going to cure the wasting, don't be fucking ridiculous." Aoife scoffed. "I said we weren't going to die when Isolde dies. What are you on about - Razi?"

Kael was laying on his side on the sofa in his sitting quarters. Head on the pillow as he dozed, book still being loosely held in his hand as it hung over.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 22:52

“Prince Rohan believes we can find a cure. He believes my shitty abilities are the key to finding a cure.”

“Lord Hawk, Your Majesty.” Brennan announced as he opened the door to allow Wyatt in.

“I apologise, I didn’t realise you’d be asleep.” Wyatt grimaced as he walked in.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 23:01

Kael jerked awake at Brennan's voice, clumsily sitting himself up and explaining before his eyes had even open, "Daph and I were up with Rhea all night, I- I didn't mean to. I - Sorry. We were meant to meet did - " He cut off, eyes widening as he took in the blood crusted skin. "Shit, Wyatt. Sit... what's happened?"

"Prince Rohan and Prince Kiaan's notes and ideas were what saved Wyatt. If he has a theory... even a fantastical one.. it is, interesting. What does he believe? Did you ask?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next