BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 18 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 20:57

“No… no I can’t do that. Not now. I need to go speak to Aoife and Lily. I should get ready.” Ruairi nodded at the reminder, getting to his feet.

“How so?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 21:45

"I'll get my revenge later on," Avani warned, not unkindly as she let go of him. Silently allowing him to leave, "Good luck."

"I send you to your room when you need to be alone with yourself, when you need to get away from the noise around and quiet the noise in your head. When you need to reflect, or breathe. It is never to do with my feelings."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 21:49

“Send for me if you need me.” Ruairi hummed with a stretch before leaving the room.

“Another grown up answer.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 21:51

Magnus lightly hit the back of her head then, snorting in amusment. "Too much sass in you, all from your mother."

BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 22:04

“You’re not to blame at all?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sat 12 Oct - 22:15

"Of course not,"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sat 12 Oct - 22:21

“You think mama would agree?”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 0:15

"You think we agree on everything, Princess Zaria, so...?" Magnus raised an eyebrow.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 8:00

“Yeah well - “ Zaria stuck her tongue out at her father.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 12:44

"Checkmate, daughter of mine. Checkmate." Magnus chuckled.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 19:24

Two mornings later, Ishaan laughed as he placed down his cutlery on the plate. Rolling his shoulders back to lounge into his seat with a content hum, "Well, once again, Your Highness, a wonderful meal. You do not scrape on the portions, I may be sinking in the boat on the way back with the weight you have made me put on."

"We have been blessed by your kindness," Zoya echoed softly. "It has been an honour also, to be here whilst you have heralded in the arrival of your heir. How is she? Newborns are...." She looked towards the room where she had left her own son with one of their nanny's. "They are a handful, even when they are being quiet."

Kael had silently picked at his food, sat in the smaller dining room opposite his parents without taking much of a bite of any of it. A heaviness in his gaze when he finally looked up from his plate and towards his father. "Can you - I would like you to leave. I need to speak to mother in private."

"Leave? I haven't finished my food, Kael. Anything that you have to say can be said in front of all of us." Aodhan mumbled.

"No. It is an order... leave, Aodhan."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 19:39

“The girls will probably be overjoyed if you spend the rest of breakfast with them.” Isolde soothed the blow of the order gently, squeezing her husbands hand - her grip already weakened.

“Rhea has been well,” Daphne nodded, her mood subdued though still respectful and pleasant. “I do not think she will be much trouble, nor if how she has been is anything to go by. Even in the first few weeks their nature shows.” She laughed softly.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 20:01

Aodhän narrowed his eyes at his son, nostrils flaring doing little to hide his anger. Touch soft despite it, as he stroked her cheek with his thumb, "You will be okay?"

"Aodhän." Kael ordered, voice sharper, face harder.

"'That is true," Zoya whispered, becoming more subdued herself when the troubles of motherhood wasn't the returned sentiment. Picking up a grape on her plate.

"Mm, babies and weddings and coronations. All things we all think about often, being who we all are." Ishaan mused casually, bold in his next question. "Your sisters, what are their prospects?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 20:26

“They’ve spent most of their time here helping me out rather than looking for themselves - I am lucky they’re so generous that they do not mind having no offers as yet because of all their efforts with me.”

“I will be fine, I promise…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 20:35

"I have thought on it, discussed with..." A glance towards Zoya, "...discussed it with my own wife. We think it would be beneficial to both of our homes if your sisters, and my brothers, wed one another."

Aodhän let out a slow breath, kissing her cheek and whispering a sweet nothing in her ear before peeling himself away and stepping out. Closing the door behind himself.

Kael only watching his mother with a steely gaze.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 20:47

“Your father hates being dismissed… hated it when even I was the one to do it.” Isolde mused quietly, leaning back in her seat.

“I - oh.” Daphne raised her eyebrows, taken aback. “I never would have thought… Iskra and Agatha to marry Kiaan and Rohan…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 20:55

"They are all great minds, and my brothers are - " Ishaan cut off, glancing towards the door as he heard a floorboards creak outside. Carrying on when a member of staff came into the room to top up their glasses with fruit juice. "Rohan is extremely smart, I think matched with your sisters wit and resourcefulness they will be a powerful couple. Kiaan is practical, but he needs a woman brave enough to take a step forward first and from what I have got to know of Agatha..."

"Our homes almost neighbour one another." Zoya continued. "Not this home, for you, but your homeland itself. It may be a comfort for them."

"'He is struggle to respect me, my position." Kael returned frostily. "He has gone over my head recently, and it's resulted in. Were you aware one of the healers tried to kill herself? She used broken pottery to slash her wrists."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 21:07

“I - no. No I wasn’t. Which one?” Isolde frowned deeply, hand shaking slightly as she reached for her drink.

“Ah yes, of course. They’ll leave here when they marry. Maybe being close to Caleer will bring them some happiness, they’re not too happy here, I can’t lie.” Daphne nodded, almost sadly at the realisation. “I… if my sisters agree, I think it is a good match, yes.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 21:19

"Lily. He told me there was a security threat, which is why the poor woman along with Aoife were swept away after delivering your granddaughter but no. It turns out he imprisoned them, threatened to have them executed publicly and brutally if they didn't find a cure to the Wasting." He shook his head, taking a sip of his tea, his own hands shaking. Silent, for several moments before whispering thickly, "I am not angry at you, don't- don't worry. Him though.... I found out through Wyatt."

"There is no rush on them to leave, I believe Rohan is interested in the plant life here. My brothers can wait until your sisters are ready, busy themselves."

"Get off of me," Rohan hissed in breathless panic, shrugging off the hands of the guards who tried to pull him back as he knocked on Aoife's door. His arms fulled to the brim with fruit, berries, pastries and a bowl of yoghurt, "I just need to - Lily! Lily?!"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 21:28

Isolde hung her head, hand going to her mouth to cover the quick sob that escaped. “Your father was so sure Wyatt would allow us to tell you. We were going to tell you two nights ago, when we got back - at dinner. But you never showed and we were told you were in Indira’s rooms so we assumed you were spending time with Idris. And then you didn’t show for breakfast or dinner yesterday and you had your men tell us you were busy and - I wish he’d let me tell you myself.” She swallowed thickly. “Kael I’m so - I’m so sorry you heard it and it wasn’t from me. Your father was so sure Wyatt would give us the chance.”

“You’d allow them to stay here? That would be nice for now - for my daughter to get to know her aunts a little better. I’d like that.” Daphne nodded, picking at the fruit as she considered the offer. “I have no reason to decline, King Ishaan. Formally joining our families would be wonderful, as long as our siblings are all happy with it.”

“You cannot be here… Aodhän may be angry if he hears.” Lily whispered as she answered the door, tiredly looking up at Rohan. Her wrists still bandaged from the other day.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 21:36

"Fuck Aodhän." Rohan mumbled, moving passed her and into the room placing the array of food down onto the table before taking her arms gently and sweeping her wrists upwards to inspect them. "I heard the whispers, I- I heard the whispers and then remembered how you tried to take my dagger. Lily..." He let out a slow breath, "Lily..."

"My brothers have little choice, better I wed them then my father-in-law take the initiative. He is very keen to secure everyone, and his taste isn't... the best." Ishaan grimaced. "What is best for my siblings is a priority to me, as you understand with your own."

"No. This is not Wyatt's fault, though not yours. You're ill- you... I don't expect anything off of you." Kael let out a breath, tensing at her sob. "He gave Wyatt the impression that there was no intention of telling me, he said he was smug about it all."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 21:47

“I swear on your sisters lives your father and I intended to tell you the night we got back, Kael.” Isolde promised, shaking her head. “I needed time to collect my thoughts and come to terms with it, to work out how to speak the words to you and the girls without screaming about how unfair it all was. We did not want to taint the first few weeks of your daughter’s life with such bad news. But we were to tell you that night, and had you come to dinner yesterday then it would have been then. I promise you - I promise you we were telling you.”

“I felt I had no other option.” Lily turned her head to the side, too ashamed to meet his gaze.

“I will give my sisters a choice, I won’t make them… but I’ll insist upon them what a good match it is to be if they accept. Your brothers are Princes, close to home. I cannot see why they’d reject such an offer.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 22:04

"Come to dinner?! I have barely been able to crawl out of Indira's bed. Indira's - not my marital one because she is too busy getting up her nose because I had the audacity to not be able to breath." Kael laughed humourlessly. "Father threatened the healers lives. He went over my head, and scared a woman so badly she tried to end her life. I need you to make it clear to him that he and I are not on speaking terms. He has gone too far, and he is dead to me."

Rohan shook his head, resting his hand on her chin and guiding her so he could meet her gaze. "I assured you that I wouldn't let you die, and I meant it. I meant it, by the gods I did. I do. I would not have left you alone if you hadn't of asked me to, but I was still searching for a solution to all of this."

"That is wonderful news, mm."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Sun 13 Oct - 22:11

“You will stay, for the wedding? I can get one organised fairly quickly. My sisters came prepared with dresses and the like - and I doubt my uncle and mother would travel even if we give them the time. So sooner, the better?”

“Kael… Kael please.” Isolde swallowed, getting to her feet and reaching for him. As her arm lifted, her sleeve rode up her arm and exposed the ever growing patch of bark-skin that now crawled below her elbow.

“Both you and Aoife have taken this so personally… but I just did not see a way out, Rohan. I still don’t.” Lily admitted with a sad laugh. “I see nothing in my future. I won’t allow myself to now… I do not trust that in his grief Kael won’t take his fathers orders and make them come true.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Sun 13 Oct - 22:18

"You have a future, you - you can have a future. I can find a way for you to get out of here, it will be easy, this castle isn't as secure as it seems. I could - I can speak to Kael, to Ishaan and they can draft up some documentation, something to make it legal. Or.. or.... Marry me? Yes! Yes! If you marry me - if you marry me then you will be a Princess, not just any Princess but one of a country he is fighting to win the approval of. I won't have to - I won't have to marry one of those stuck up, infuriating little Caleeri bitches then either. Ishaan is plotting behind my back, selling me off. I heard him. Marry me, marry me, Lily and I can keep you safe and he will not be able to - I will not have to - and everything will okay."

"He has consistently shown me reasons I can't trust him, all of my life. If I let him get away with this, how will I know that his next move won't be to kill them himself when I am not looking?" Kael swallowed. "I will be pleasant to him, for Morfydd and Eira but I - I won't be actively spending time with him."

"Yes, yes. If they are wed before I return then I can give assurance to others that all is in hand."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next