BestFruit4eva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Falls

2 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Hope Falls - Page 10 Empty Re: Hope Falls

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 23:07

“Brennan, you’re dismissed from the door for the day. I want the hallways cleared, find somewhere else to be.” Wyatt didn’t even glance over at the guard, waiting until he heard the door close before sitting down opposite Kael, reaching over and gently squeezing his knee before moving to sit back properly. “I am sorry, Kael, that it is me sat here in front of you instead of your father. I told him I would be coming here to talk to you, and he believed me to be bluffing, as if I have not always been a man of my word. But he had his chance, has done for weeks and hasn’t said anything, and I refuse to lie to you.”

“It’s all fucking insane! You’re all insane for even thinking about it!” Lily trembled, moving to scratch furiously at the bandages. “I feel as if you have all been drugged with things that make you insane and I am the only one not suffering! To even entertain the mere idea!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 23:18

"I said stop it!" Aoife finally raised her voice, gripping Lily's elbows and pushing them roughly to her sides. "You are panicked, hysterical. You need to breath."

"He has only been back a few hours with mother, I am sure the both of them are tired. You know the journey they made, it is further than the one you, Florence and Sully had." Kael answered pleasantly, trying not to let the nerves rise.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/member.php?7092-BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 23:21

"And his parents, his confidants are okay with this? It is clear the man is the eldest of his siblings and has no one to speak to because if the person you loved treated you differently for your own moments then I would be bringing you away from them in an instant. He is not broken for being damaged. Oh to be as sheltered as a Caleeri Princess, mm?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 23:27

“Your father did not have the healers locked up because of a threat to them. The blood is Lily’s, she tried to take her own life because your father threatened her and she is terrified. He has ordered her and Aoife to be locked up in their rooms until they find a cure for the wasting and if they do not they will be executed.” Wyatt swallowed before carrying on. “He did this because your mother has it, Kael. Queen Isolde has the wasting, and Aoife failed to diagnose it. So she is locked away until she cures it - and when she does not, when your mother passes, he has said he will have Aoife and Lily executed for it too… I am - there are no words for how sorry I am, Kael. But now that I know this information I couldn’t keep it from you, and your father clearly had no intention of telling you. I’m so sorry.”

“I need everyone to stop pretending there is a way out! That we can be ferried across the sea in a heroic escape! That this can be cured! Nobody is listening to me! We are going to die! We are going to die! And nobody is listening to me! They are telling me I am wrong! Nobody is listening! I’m going to die!” Lily screamed as she struggled, struggling to take in air as she panicked and began to turn red.

“She’s the perfect Queen for them. Noble birth, gentle nature, only ever shared Kael’s bed. Quiet and soft spoken yet with a certain tone to her voice. And now she’s given them an heir, she is perfect to them all, to Kael…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 23:37

"Perfect Queen, perhaps. Perfect for him romantically?" Ishaan shook his head doubtfully. "It is a marriage of alliance, beneath the charade. It must be, if this woman doesn't understand him the way you do. If she can't accept his weaknesses."

"Stop it! Breathe. Just stop it, and breathe." Aoife hissed the words, exhaustion behind them. "I am doing my best! I am doing my best, Lily! I am sorry that it is not good enough for you! Shut up, shut up and breathe!"

"N- no intention of... no." Kael swallowed, shaking his head at him. "He is shit, he is... he is terrible and emotionally removed but there is no way he did not - that he would not - that they would not. I don't- I don't believe you. This is some kind of joke, some tradition maybe that has been kept from me."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 23:46

“He said if I told you then I would ruin you. He seemed to almost enjoy the idea of it all, if I am being honest with you Kael, and have I ever been anything but? A smug look he did not wipe off his face the entire time.” Wyatt shook his head, “I am sorry… the word will not help, I know. But I truly am. This is not a joke. This blood is not a joke. Lily is terrified. She is so haunted by the idea of spending the next however long locked up to only be executed for something she could not control later that she tried to take her own life.”

“He loves her, moreso now than ever. I am not silly enough to try and put any ideas in his head about how she actually isn’t the best for him.”

“I did not want to be saved, only to spend the next few months of my life waiting for the noose around my neck!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Tue 8 Oct - 23:55

Kael pushed to his feet, heading across the room to peer into a meer. The reflection of his hand trembling as he raled fingers through his hair to try and tidy himself up. "Where is Lily now? I will go and speak to her. Obviously, she is not going to have anything happen to her. Obviously, she is free as she was before."

"You will not! You are insulting me now! Utterly insulting me. We are both in the same fucking situation, I am trying to get us both out of it! You don't think I am scared too?!"

"Sow the seeds," Ishaan encouraged quietly. "It'll work well for us."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Tue 8 Oct - 23:58

“I - no, Ishaan. I’m not manipulating him for us. And it will not work even if I wished it to.”

“Lily can wait, sit, Kael. You need time to mull this all over. It’s huge news.”

“I think you know damn well we are about to die which is why you have no qualms about fucking Hawk! Because the consequences do not matter for a condemned woman! Or else you’d have done it years ago!”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 0:09

Ishaan wrinkled his nose, mumbling, "I am trying to help you."

"No. I need to stop one of our healers from trying to take her life, I need to make sure they are free and then I need to go and speak to my mother. Don't tell me what I need."

"I can sleep with whoever I want to, when I decide to do it. Turn your judging nose into someone else's business, Lily. Immediately."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 0:15

“Kael…” Wyatt frowned sadly, “Take a few minutes, son. Lily is with Aoife now, I had them placed together. Lily is safe. You need to take a moment.”

“You should have let me die… you should have joined me…”

“If Kael leaves her, if he chooses me a his only lover then I want it to be his choice, because he loves me, not because I’ve talked him into it.” Indira whispered, “I suppose it’s why I haven’t approached him about being officially named his mistress too - I want him to think of it. To think so highly of me he does not want to conceal me. To love me so deeply he does not care who knows…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 0:32

"No. No... I have duties to attend to. I never should have fallen asleep, it was a silly mistake. It won't happen again, no more dropping the ball. There isn't space for it."

"I have survived scarier beasts than Aodhän, dear and you will too." Aoife sighed. "'Grief stricken men with power screech every threat under the sun when they lose control. Never trust a royal, I always tell all of you this. We are no one to them, disposable."

"Mm. I just don't think the man is brave enough to make such statements. Ever the peacekeeper."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 0:35

“You are right, he probably won’t ever make something so grand… But I will take what I can get. Content in the knowledge I have my son, who will go on and make history,”

Wyatt shook his head, standing and pulling Kael up into a tight hug, folding the man into his arms as if he were still a child.

Lily just hung her head with a soft sob, in complete despair at the situation.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 1:04

"Get off of me," Kael hissed, fighting against the embrace. Eyes widening in panic, terrified to break in case he couldn't pull himself together again. "Unhand me, I am your King! Wyatt!"

Aoife gently pulled her into a hug then, letting out a slow breath. "We need to be a team now, please stop making me the enemy, Lily. Trust me, it is important. Know I will look after you."

"Make history. What do you want him to achieve?"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 1:07

“Whatever he desires… something so great that the world forgets that silly little girls cornered him at parties and called him a bastard…”

“No… not this time. I have you, Kael. Right now you are not my King. I have you, I am here.” Wyatt assured, holding him close.

Lily curled herself against Aoife, moving to sob against her shoulder.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 1:21

"No! No. You are lying, you are lying." Kael whined, continuing to fight. "He wouldn't keep from me that she was d- dying. He wou- wouldn't be sm- smug h- he lov- es her! She wouldn't keep it from me! Your lying!"

Aoife tightened her arms around her, letting out a slow breath as they rocked together.

"Girls... not girls to him. Women to him, which makes it a lot more damaging."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 1:26

“He’s my sweet boy… who shows me rocks he finds, who loves his animals, who cannot sleep unless he is touching me or his father… And there are people out there who wish him to suffer because I was not married when I had him. Not just the Caleeri bitches, there are plenty more where they came from. I know my son will carve a future out for himself so great they will forget they ever doubted him.”

“Have I ever lied to you Kael? I do not know why they did not tell you… But I can hazard a guess. Lily and Aoife were imprisoned the day Rhea was born. I imagine your mother did not want it tainted for you. The news of life followed by the news of imminent death. But she then continued to not tell you, and your father was so sure that I would keep the secret going.”

“I’m so scared…” Lily cried as she closed her eyes, clinging onto Aoife like a child. “I’m scared.”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 1:34

"Don't be scared." Aoife swallowed, pressing her lips to the top of her head as if she were a child. "I will not let that man touch you. You are going to be safe, I swear it."

"Mm, I am sure they will."

"No! No...."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 1:39

“I’m sorry, Kael. Truly. Your mother and I may never have been what you would call friends but I never wished this fate upon her or anyone.”

“I am sure his much smaller cousin will do a fine job of doing just the same.” Indira added lightly with a soft grin.

“Can I stay with you, in your bed? I have had nightmares of them dragging me from my own in the night, to execute me at dawn with the noose…”

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 1:43

"Yes, yes you may." Aoife whispered. "I will keep you safe. You really must believe me, please? Please, believe me. I have always kept you and the others safe. More often than you know."

"Shut up!" Kael screamed the words then, forgetting the baby and his wife in the next room. "Stop lying! Stop lying! What is wr- wrong with you?!"
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 1:49

“Kael I have no reason to lie to you. Aoife told me, your father confirmed it. Your mother is dying… I’m so sorry.” Wyatt grimaced, shaking his head. “I’m so sorry.”

Lily nodded her head in defeat, closing her eyes with a half exhausted sigh.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 2:06

"No she isn't! No. She. Isn't!" He screamed the words, knees buckling beneath him. Chest rising and falling faster, hand moving to dig into the bark of his arm with enough force to draw blood - words turning into only screams.

"You can borrow one of my night dressers for now, tomorrow we'll get your own clothes moved here."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 2:11

“They will allow me to keep staying here with you? I do not have to be alone again?”

Wyatt sank down with him, moving his arm away to prevent further damage as he squeezed Kael tightly into him, beginning to rock. “It’s okay, I dismissed the guards for a reason, it’s okay, let it out.”

At the outburst of noise, soon the baby’s screams were added to it as she was woken in the other room. Daphne quickly padding into the sitting area - still half asleep as she carried the child, utterly bewildered at the sight in front of her. “Kael? Kael what is happening?” she all but shouted over the noise.

((Night))

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 2:22

Kael gripped the front of his shirt, trembling with each heartbroken wail. Choking when he couldn't inhale quite enough air to carry through with the noise.

"You are to stay here, mm. No more isolation."
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wed 9 Oct - 7:35

“I’ve got you.” Wyatt assured, gently rubbing his back to encourage breathing.

“Kael?!”

“Daphne, return to your room and close the door for now. I will explain later, now is not the time!”

“That’s better than being alone, at least.” Lily whispered, curling into her further.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  BestNameEva Wed 9 Oct - 11:12

"If you would have gotten yourself a cat like I do, when I suggested it all those years ago you wouldn't have been quite so alone." Aoife gently teased then, swaying with her.

Kael shifted, body twisting to bury his face in Wyatt's chest as he screamed. Over, and over between the breathless chokes. It last almost half an hour before his weight grew heavier with exhaustion, his voice too hoarse for anything more now than silent, whistling, sobs.
BestNameEva
BestNameEva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next